Group LLC - September 2010

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    A while back when i first started Atkins i was doing 3oz lean steak with 2 eggs and i forgot how much i loved that! Even my hubby wanted some! It gave my body the protein it needed for my workout! I think im going to buy some good steak this week and start doing that maybe twice a week!

Saverys_Gal where do you find the shake mix you buy?
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    :sick: Sorry ladies but I'm feeling a little sick thinking of steak and eggs for breakfast!! LOL.

tammietifanie - right now I'm using Pure Protein mix which I get at Target; it's crazy cheap and has so much protein in it and is pretty tasty with my low carb milk and it keeps me going til lunchtime. I'm even thinking about throwing in some bananas one of these days!
  • saverys_gal
    Echo (echo echo echo)....

Where the heck is everyone today?? :frown:

I miss my LLC fam!!
  • I am here...just been busy all day....

Colette
  • tammietifanie
    I will have to check to see if my Local target has it! I have one right now that has about 27grams of protein in it and sometimes i add peanutbutter to give it more protein!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    what's the % #' for protein Nicole?

I was Never..nVER...NEVER A BREAKFAST GIRL. Protein at breakie? OMG that was totally foreign. it was caffeine & nicotine and on the right morning - a shot of vodka.

But I crossfit 3 days a week, and will train with my personal trainer 1 day a week, and workout on my own once a week. I really REALLY need the cals/protein on my crossfit days. I was doing oatmeal two days/wk, but I really find the protein lats a lot longer than the carb overload, so I'm re-evaluating!
    anyway..

tomorrow is my last day before taking off for the long weekend. going to VT! have a great one!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    what's the % #' for protein Nicole?

I was Never..nVER...NEVER A BREAKFAST GIRL. Protein at breakie? OMG that was totally foreign. it was caffeine & nicotine and on the right morning - a shot of vodka.

But I crossfit 3 days a week, and will train with my personal trainer 1 day a week, and workout on my own once a week. I really REALLY need the cals/protein on my crossfit days. I was doing oatmeal two days/wk, but I really find the protein lats a lot longer than the carb overload, so I'm re-evaluating!
    anyway..

tomorrow is my last day before taking off for the long weekend. going to VT! have a great one!

Have the leaves change colors up there yet? I never have seen them except up in north east Arkansas we just get brown leaes yuckie Have a good time.
  • tammietifanie
    Hope everyone had a wonderful Wednesday! Happy Hump day!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Posting to get new thread in my topics.

BTW, to anyone who didn't hear about it elsewhere, July24Lioness has deactivated her account. Another member, who made a post stating she was Lioness's sister, said she deactivated her account in response from being told to stay off the forums for two weeks. As near as I can tell, a post she started this morning--a poll on whether or not people got a medical checkup before starting a new eating plan--morphed into something that was hot enough to get it removed from the website. I am assuming that is somehow connected to her departure.

According to the poster, Lioness deleted her account, but regretted it later and might rejoin under a new name in a few weeks.
    I had tilapia and scallops with some broccoli and tomatoes tonight for dinner--yummy!!
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Happy Thursday all - only one more day til the long weekend - my plan is to go to work crazy early tomorrow so I can get off early and start the weekend early. Turns out we are going camping too - so camping all weekend, and kayaking all day Sunday. I'll probably have to come home early on Monday by myself to get my 2nd job of medical transcription done for the weekend. I'm so far behind on it and on laundry - I spent all kinds of time getting my daughter's laundry done last weekend that I let mine slip and now it has a personality of its own...... <sigh> it's never ending!

My dinner last night (at 8 p.m., mind you) was burgers on the george foreman and 7-layer salad from Fareway - I LOVE 7-layer salad, need to get the stuff to make it myself, hubby says mine is better - but it was nice to just pick something up and not have to WORK for it, y'know?

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful, on-plan day!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    @Caliecat - I'm in Canada and yes, several trees are a beautiful crimson already - although most are still very green. Not sure about Vermont by Lake Champlain - I bet they've changed there since they have cooler temperatures & mountain (adirondak) air.
    @Resalyn - Have fun camping. I'm too posh to camp :laugh: I told my husband that the only way I'd go "glamping" is in a decked out RV! Oh, and word sister - on the laundry!! with two little girls, they come in every 15 minutes to change outfits!

I made a dinner of ground browned chicken, made a my own tomato picante sauce and added about 50 g of rice noodles. It was sooooo good - but it was the bottle of wine that went down even better :glasses:
  • CALIECAT
    I have got to do better for myself today and get some exercise in and more water. Yestrrday around here was kind o crazy.

:heart: mojo have a wonderful time this weekend.

:heart: Rosalyn, Have a best ever week end. I got an E-mail from Hammbone the other day She needs to come & join us. I sure did enjoy that old bunch And was thrilled to see your thread here. I sent her your post and you wrote the other day.
    That was one of the reason they left. So now she has no excuse now. Finding you and all the rest here has really help me.
    I can't see to good never could type or spell but i enjoy doing what I can. and really hope to get this Atkins down good. All is so nice here, and helpful.

Marie

• Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    MOJO: Well, we have a 30-ft camper with air, stove/oven, and microwave, so you could call what we're doing "glamping" - OMG, I had to chuckle at that term, I'm going to steal it and use it some other time! Too funny! :laugh:

MARIE: I saw Hammbone logged in yesterday - I need to send her a message. I know a bunch of them are on that other site where a bunch of us originally met - but I get more out of this site, so I come here. I'll drop her a message - maybe she'll come back - and the others as well! You take some time for you today and get in a bit of exercise, even if it's only 10 minutes - you deserve it! You're doing great, lady! (I forgot my book today, I'll send you a msg later with the page that talkes about legumes...) :flowerforyou:

Ok, I have been bad at work and have been surfing MFP too much - I need to get busy and do what they pay me for, LOL! Stay strong, people! :heart: :heart:
  • saverys_gal
    Morning ladies!

weaklink-your dinner sounds to die for yummy!!! How did you cook the tilapia?

resalyn- enjoy the "glamping"!! :wink:

mojogurl- VT sounds like a blast! I'm so jealous that all the trees have changed colors for you! I'm dying for cooler weather! This 90+ crap with humidity has got to go! What protein % were you looking for, my protein shake? It has 25g of protein but by the time I mix it with my low carb milk I have 33g of protein and 6 net carbs. :smile:

caliecat- as far as adding back in beans...that's not until Phase 3 unfortunately. However, I will say from personal experience that I did eat beans plenty of times during Phase 2. Personally, I think so long as you eat a reasonable amount only once a week or so during OWL you will be fine-but that's a personal opinion. I'll post the list of acceptable legumes in Phase 3 in a separate post both here and in our challenge. :smile:
  • saverys_gal
    Taken directly from the Atkins website, here are the approved legumes starting in Phase 3:

Legumes* Serving Size Net Carbs

Black Beans ½ cup 12.9
    Chickpeas ½ cup 16.2
    Great Northern Beans ½ cup 12.5
    Kidney Beans ½ cup 11.6
    Lentils ½ cup 12.1
    Lima Beans ½ cup 14.2
    Navy Beans ½ cup 18.1
    Pinto Beans ½ cup 11.0
  • tammietifanie
    Good Morning/Afternoon LLC Family!!!! Hope everyone has had a wonderful week so far! How is everyone doing on their challenges?

Saverys_gal

I like to drink high protein shakes only cause i can't drink milk so i like adding peanutbutter to it for a little more protein boost!
  • saverys_gal
    Why can't you drink milk, other than carb count? I use Hood Calorie Countdown milk-3 grams of carbs a cup!!! And it tastes great!!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Saverys_gal--

I put 1/2 cup of diced tomatoes and some of their liquid, plus a little water in a saucepan, along with some green pepper and sweet onion, and broccoli florets, and let them cook a couple of minutes. Then I added the scallops first, as they were partly frozen, and need to cook longer than the thawed tilapia. Once they had been bubbling for a couple of minutes, I put the tilapia in, and shook some garlic and herb Mrs. Dash over all of it. I turned the tilapia after about 2-3 minutes, and moved the other ingredients around a bit for more even cooking. A couple of minutes later, it was done.

Barb
  • saverys_gal
    Saverys_gal--

I put 1/2 cup of diced tomatoes and some of their liquid, plus a little water in a saucepan, along with some green pepper and sweet onion, and broccoli florets, and let them cook a couple of minutes. Then I added the scallops first, as they were partly frozen, and need to cook longer than the thawed tilapia. Once they had been bubbling for a couple of minutes, I put the tilapia in, and shook some garlic and herb Mrs. Dash over all of it. I turned the tilapia after about 2-3 minutes, and moved the other ingredients around a bit for more even cooking. A couple of minutes later, it was done.

Barb

*drools* I really need to try that! my hubs loves scallops and I have a bunch of frozen tilapia, plus it's so darn cheap and healthy! What a great meal! Thanks for sharing Barb!! :flowerforyou:

Nicole
  • CALIECAT
    Barbs

Your sea food dish sounds great. Except I don't know if I like scollops I love shrimp tho.
    Your ticker is moving on up there. So glad for you . you may pass Barbiecat up and soon.
    Have a great day.
This discussion has been closed.