• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    CAN'T. STOP. READING.

This is very interesting. :smile:

"newish" person over here, sorry!

What do you mean to say exactly?

I'm learning a lot....? :flowerforyou:

I wish you could say things a bit more clearly...I still can't make out your pt
    Chuck it anyways, it's probably off topic

I understood it just fine. Move on.

I was starting to wonder if I was the only one who understood what she was saying . :laugh:

I'm sorry.... :embarassed: I was just pointing out that as newish person on the forums, this was interesting and I was learning a lot......

No No dont be sorry I understood What you were saying just fine. Welcome aboard , I couldnt figure out why the other poster was telling you to be more clearer---I read it just fine. :flowerforyou:

This! Don't be sorry. Welcome! We all read it just fine, well most of us.
  • pritam_pyare
    Options
    CAN'T. STOP. READING.

I was starting to wonder if I was the only one who understood what she was saying . :laugh:

I'm sorry.... :embarassed: I was just pointing out that as newish person on the forums, this was interesting and I was learning a lot......

No No dont be sorry I understood What you were saying just fine. Welcome aboard , I couldnt figure out why the other poster was telling you to be more clearer---I read it just fine. :flowerforyou:

Oh now I'm embarrased...Apologies...
    I was reading it with a completely different bias in mind
    I misunderstood what you were saying all this time till now
  • MissSarahAllison315
    Options
    CAN'T. STOP. READING.

Aw thanks everyone :smile:

You too, person who I thought was being mean but actually wasn't :flowerforyou: It's texts...we all can misread stuff!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    You can amend your profile all you want, but you admit you are not fit, you say you have 50 lbs to lose, you are new to MFP, you are following a fad diet, and you are telling all of the actually successful people they are wrong and unhealthy.

It's not looking good for you.

Conclusion.

Entrance to the Inner Circle/Roving Wolfpack/Shadowy Forum Bully Club/Thug Life Party is denied.

That's a very insensitive comment. You are basing this on where I want to be. You don't know where I started from.

And MFP is supposed to be a supportive site (shame on you).

He's basing it off what your own profile says.
    39 - Active, but not fit.
    I have been very active, but out of shape for the last 10 years

And that you stated in here you eat primal.

Yes but I have already lost a 32lb eating primal. I'm on a journey! just because I am not there yet doesn't make me any less of a person.

As I have just joined up I don't have the ability of posting my previous achievements.

Glad it is working for you ....

Let me just clarify that "primal" is not the reason you are losing, it is the calorie deficit that you create that is causing the loss..if you over ate on primal, you would gain weight...

Yes you are correct - nobody is disputing that fact (the article you all hate so much is not disputing that fact).

Mores the point the reason I am losing weight is because I am eating about 100g of carbs a day and mainly protein (plus chocolate and wine).

I am regulating my insulin levels and burning keytones when active under 75% energy rate. When I am lifting weights, sprinting or HIIT I am then burning the glucose.

The reason I am not putting on weight is because I am not consuming more glucose than I can either burn or store in my muscles or liver.

Yes the article had a few fuzzy points but it was mainly scientifically accurate.

You are losing weight because you are not consuming more carbs than you can either burn or store. If you are training hard then once your body runs out of glucose to burning it is switching to keytones (which is converted body fat).

Please don't get me wrong I am not saying your diet does not work, clearly it does. I would question some of the members who CLAIM they are eating mainly junk (to be fair as this thread has gone on most people have stated they eat a balanced diet).

My original post was in support (in the main of the article).

As many paleo/primal zealots, you are hung up on carbs. When overeating, fat will make you fatter than those evil carbs.

Low carb has nothing to do with your weight loss either, if you were to hold protein and cals constant, you could lose just the same eating many more carbs
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    You can amend your profile all you want, but you admit you are not fit, you say you have 50 lbs to lose, you are new to MFP, you are following a fad diet, and you are telling all of the actually successful people they are wrong and unhealthy.

Conclusion.

Entrance to the Inner Circle/Roving Wolfpack/Shadowy Forum Bully Club/Thug Life Party is denied.

That's a very insensitive comment. You are basing this on where I want to be. You don't know where I started from.

Yes but I have already lost a 32lb eating primal. I'm on a journey! just because I am not there yet doesn't make me any less of a person.

As I have just joined up I don't have the ability of posting my previous achievements.

Let me just clarify that "primal" is not the reason you are losing, it is the calorie deficit that you create that is causing the loss..if you over ate on primal, you would gain weight...

Yes you are correct - nobody is disputing that fact (the article you all hate so much is not disputing that fact).

Mores the point the reason I am losing weight is because I am eating about 100g of carbs a day and mainly protein (plus chocolate and wine).

I am regulating my insulin levels and burning keytones when active under 75% energy rate. When I am lifting weights, sprinting or HIIT I am then burning the glucose.

The reason I am not putting on weight is because I am not consuming more glucose than I can either burn or store in my muscles or liver.

Yes the article had a few fuzzy points but it was mainly scientifically accurate.

You are losing weight because you are not consuming more carbs than you can either burn or store. If you are training hard then once your body runs out of glucose to burning it is switching to keytones (which is converted body fat).

Please don't get me wrong I am not saying your diet does not work, clearly it does. I would question some of the members who CLAIM they are eating mainly junk (to be fair as this thread has gone on most people have stated they eat a balanced diet).

*double face palm*

speak for yourself brother..

The reason that I lost weight had nothing to do with my carb intake. The reason I lost weight is that I ate in a deficit and worked out moved more and then I transitioned to lifting heavy, maintaining deficit, and watching macros...
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

No, no, no, no.

You are losing weight because you are consuming fewer calories than you burn. Carbs only matter insofar as they contain calories.

You're not "burning keytones when active under 75% energy rate." They're ketones, btw. You are not burning "the glucose' when lifting and sprinting.

The explanations you are giving here are nonsensical and reveal a total lack of understanding of actual physiology and human metabolism. I imagine that these are the sorts of explanations given in the Primal Blueprint book or whatever is the bible is primal. They're not correct.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

NO we are losing weight because we eat at a calorie deficet, a lot of us watch our macros to ensure nutrition needs are met and that's all she wrote...

For health some of us even exercise...or do fun things like play tennis and/or lift weights...

I don't think anyone has claimed they eat mostly junk...we eat what we want when we want as long as it fits in our caloric goals and we meet our macros...I will eat Dairy Queen one night and have BK the next day and chocolate or toaster strudel everynight if I have the space left...

There is no junk or bad food...take a look at our diaries...they are mostly all open because we don't care what people say about them because we know it works...
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    CAN'T. STOP. READING.

Could you be a little more clearer ? Just kidding :laugh: :laugh:
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

Conclusion.

As many paleo/primal zealots, you are hung up on carbs. When overeating, fat will make you fatter than those evil carbs.

Low carb has nothing to do with your weight loss either, if you were to hold protein and cals constant, you could lose just the same eating many more carbs

Please explain how fat makes you fatter? (not including trans fat they are evil).

Look forward to your explanation
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    You are losing weight because you are not consuming more carbs than you can either burn or store.

None of us have CLAIMED to be mostly eating junk. You've ASSUMED we've mostly been eating junk. What we've all been saying is that we eat all the foodz. Whether healthy or junk. We eat it all. None of us ever said we ONLY eat junk.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

NO we are losing weight because we eat at a calorie deficet, a lot of us watch our macros to ensure nutrition needs are met and that's all she wrote...

For health some of us even exercise...or do fun things like play tennis and/or lift weights...

I don't think anyone has claimed they eat mostly junk...we eat what we want when we want as long as it fits in our caloric goals and we meet our macros...I will eat Dairy Queen one night and have BK the next day and chocolate or toaster strudel everynight if I have the space left...

There is no junk or bad food...take a look at our diaries...they are mostly all open because we don't care what people say about them because we know it works...

Have you tried the new cinnamon roll strudel? I'm looking for an honest assessment of how delicious it is or is not.
  • Phoenix612
    Phoenix612 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This thread = EPIC

[IMG][/img] scaredlittlekid.gif
  • pritam_pyare
    Options
    CAN'T. STOP. READING.

Could you be a little more clearer ? Just kidding :laugh: :laugh:

:sad: :laugh: :laugh:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    This thread = EPIC

scaredlittlekid.gif

FIFY. :flowerforyou:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Have you tried the new cinnamon roll strudel? I'm looking for an honest assessment of how delicious it is or is not.

NOOOOO AMG I must look for it...but if it's cinnomon roll and maybe even cinibon...has to be good...

I am gonna look for it ...I will definately let all know...
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Conclusion.

Please explain how fat makes you fatter? (not including trans fat they are evil).

You seem to think DNL is a highly efficient and common process in humans, hint: it's not despite what quacks like Sisson have told you

Fat and carbohydrate overfeeding in humans: different effects on energy storage. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition

www.ajcn.org/content/62/1/19.full.pdf 
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Conclusion.

really?

overeat on fat and it gets stored as fat = weight gain
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

Conclusion.

Not much to explain. 1 g of fat carries about 9 calories. a lot of fat has a lot of calories. Eat too much over a long period of time and you get fat.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

You lose weight because you are burning or storing as glucose or glycogen the calories you are consuming. Yes because you are on a calorie deficit this happens.

But the science behind how a calorie deficit works is the explanation above. That all the article was really trying to do was explain how the science works (sure it veered off the road a little in places, but in the main it was sound).
  • Phoenix612
    Phoenix612 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This thread = EPIC

scaredlittlekid.gif

FIFY. :flowerforyou:

Teach me oh great one!! LOL :blushing: