My Experience with Dr. Oz Detox/Cleanse Smoothies

Options

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Somebody please read this and give me the Clif Notes version?

Dr. Oz is universally panned in this community, so I was in for snarky comments, but after my mouse wheel broke trying to scroll through your post I gave up. Sorry.

Lost 4 pounds in 3 days by sticking Kale and other stuff in a blender 3 times a day, instead of eating food. Worked out and experienced no hunger.

Edit: typo.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    egon-nod.gif

TOO SOON :sad:

Yes, too soon. :ohwell:
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    $16 a day!! a DAY??? I could eat so many other things for that. Just too expensive.

Holy crap! I buy all of my groceries for a week for ~$80 - $100. For seven days worth of food, that's less than $5 per meal (three meals a day). I eat any kind of meat, I eat veggies, fruits, ANYTHING I FREAKIN WANT, and I don't have to liquify my food. That's all you are doing. Liquefying your food so your stomach doesn't have to.

I much prefer my way of doing things, but thanks for the heads up. Next time I want to fake cleanse my body of all of the murderous toxins out there and unnecessarily throw away my money, I'll look up Dr. Oz's cleanse. Thanks!
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I did this "cleanse" in April of last year. I hated the lunch smoothie, but I hate cucumbers. I liked it and lost some weight on it, that actually stayed off. I don't believe that it cleanses anything. It seems to take away some cravings.

Drinking the 4 smoothies is over 1500 calories, so not too much of a calorie deficit.

I am currently doing the Dr. Oz 2 week rapid weight loss. I like Dr. Oz. I like that he gives us ideas, and makes people think about eating healthy. I say try things if they work for you great, if they don't try something else. This time needed a guideline with strict rules to follow and "pick these foods", with specific amounts to eat. Whatever works.

Not sure why people bash others, must be immaturity.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Dr. Oz 3 day Cleanse.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Now that you are back on regular food and seem to very open to sharing your experience with others, it would be beneficial if you could update how your weight and measurements change over the next week, including the types of foods you are eating and your calorie intake.

Yes please.
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm glad it made you happy...
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Dear gods I wouldn't want to eat if I consumed that crap either. Definitely a good way to kill an appetite.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    droz.jpg
  • meca85
    meca85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    LoL sorry guys I was battling my old slowccomputer and photobucket.

I tried to fix everything.

anyways I AM aware it may be water weight, I am aware that it may have just been the workouts. Whatever it was, it was MY experience.

And NO Inam not going to deprive myself of food. I LOVE to bake and cook. As for my body I am just going to change my eating habits.

As for what "toxins" did I rid myself, I do not know, I should of done a blood test before and after to see how my body chemistry was affected.
    But I FEEL a lot better, not bloated at all.
    and even if it is just psychological, I feel I got rid of years of chips, sodas, chocolate, and processed foods.

thanks for all the negative support. I really feel supported here.

I never said this was magical or the answer but this was just my experience.
  • Just_Bella
    Options
    To all of those that think they need a detox/cleanse: You do realize we have built in detox/cleanses for our bodies right? It's important things like this that come standard.

They are called peeing, pooping, and sweating. You're welcome.
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Why all of these rude comments. She clearly stated if you do not agree with this then ok - I believe she posted it for those interested in something like this. From her title if you disagree then why even stop by to read her post???
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Sigh... :noway:
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    LoL sorry guys I was battling my old slowccomputer and photobucket.

I tried to fix everything.

anyways I AM aware it may be water weight, I am aware that it may have just been the workouts. Whatever it was, it was MY experience.

And NO Inam not going to deprive myself of food. I LOVE to bake and cook. As for my body I am just going to change my eating habits.

As for what "toxins" did I rid myself, I do not know, I should of done a blood test before and after to see how my body chemistry was affected.
    But I FEEL a lot better, not bloated at all.
    and even if it is just psychological, I feel I got rid of years of chips, sodas, chocolate, and processed foods.

thanks for all the negative support. I really feel supported here.

I never said this was magical or the answer but this was just my experience.

translation;
    h5F0BAB69

Look, you want support? STAHP with the fads you saw on Dr. Oz. Eat at a moderate deficit. Exercise. There is no magic to this, its just math. You don't need a "jump start" (which, by the way, isn't a jump start, its just three wasted days of drinking sludge). Your body is not dirty and full of toxins. If a smoothie changed your blood chemistry, you would die. Jamba Juice would be on trial for systematic mass murder.

Someone saying "you're doing it wrong" when you are doing it wrong is the best form of support there is.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Why all of these rude comments. She clearly stated if you do not agree with this then ok - I believe she posted it for those interested in something like this. From her title if you disagree then why even stop by to read her post???

Entertainment can always be found in these posts. That's why.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    So what were my results? Keep in mind I was working out as normal. I started working out last Wednesday but barely had seen any progress. But when I started the smoothies on Monday I immediately shed 2.2lbs by Tuesday. On Wednesday I went down .9lbs, and Today I had gone down another .9lbs. So with de detox and my regular workouts, I lost 4lbs. I honestly wasn’t expecting to lose much since my goal was to just cleanse, but very ecstatic about those 4lbs. You might say that was probably water weight, but why didn’t that water weight start going away last week? Even if it is water weight, I am just gonna try my best to keep it up. I also lost 1” off my belly, 1” off my thighs, and 1” off my hips.

Why didn't the water weight start going away when you just started exercising last week? Because when you start a new exercise program, your body builds up its glycogen stores, which is fuel for your muscles, so that it can handle the new activity. Glycogen needs water, I think the ratio is 3g of water stored per 1g of glycogen. For this reason, the water weight does not fall off right away or even after 4 days of exercise.

The second reason why you didn't see weight loss is that you have to burn 3500 calories to lose a pound. There's no way you did that in the 4 days leading up to trying out the shakes, especially not eating at a deficit. The reason you lost weight on the shakes was that you created a massive calorie deficit by not eating, and exercising on top of that. Not a healthy thing to do long term and I would not recommend doing it again.

Now that you are back on regular food and seem to very open to sharing your experience with others, it would be beneficial if you could update how your weight and measurements change over the next week, including the types of foods you are eating and your calorie intake.

^^^ this

plus I once lost 6lb in two days with the gastroenteritis cleanse. Maybe you can try that one.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    Great job! It sounds healthy too - you're getting all your nutrients. I couldn't do this, but I feel for some this is a great kick off to a new healthy lifestyle! Keep us posted on your progress!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    In.

:laugh:

Dr. Oz is a nut case!!!

ETA: Meant case not cake, mmmmmmmm.....
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options

Entertainment can always be found in these posts. That's why.

Entertainment? People really have nothing better to do?
  • snoodled
    snoodled Posts: 57
    Options
    To all of those that think they need a detox/cleanse: You do realize we have built in detox/cleanses for our bodies right? It's important things like this that come standard.

They are called peeing, pooping, and sweating. You're welcome.

Hilarious!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • meca85
    meca85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Not sure why people bash others, must be immaturity.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Dr. Oz 3 day Cleanse.

thank you....

I don't understand why if they simply don't agree, then why not just skip it and move on to a topic they do agree with.

for me it will always be a threshold I crossed into focusing more on eating healthier.

I would assume that those who have lost 20 or 30lbs would be understanding, as I know this doesnt happen over night, rather it is a lifestyle that you just have to get rid of certain foods and never let back in your life. Yes I feel my cravings have diminished too which is great.
This discussion has been closed.