My Experience with Dr. Oz Detox/Cleanse Smoothies

Options

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    man, why are people so mean here? I mean, I don't believe in detoxing or Dr Oz's stupid bs, but she just wrote about her experience. why bash her so much?

also, i'd like to add, if you live on chips and dip, pizza and ice cream, drinking fresh juices and purees of veggies etc will feel better. if not for the good food you put in your tummy, it'd feel good just for the health halo around those foods. live and let live, people learn by doing.

because it is complete and utter BS ..and if no one challenges it then some newb is going to come along and think it is a legit thing to do and they are going to waste time and money on a cleanse - that the OP admitted - does nothing...

^^^^ this
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    man, why are people so mean here? I mean, I don't believe in detoxing or Dr Oz's stupid bs, but she just wrote about her experience. why bash her so much?

also, i'd like to add, if you live on chips and dip, pizza and ice cream, drinking fresh juices and purees of veggies etc will feel better. if not for the good food you put in your tummy, it'd feel good just for the health halo around those foods. live and let live, people learn by doing.

because it is complete and utter BS ..and if no one challenges it then some newb is going to come along and think it is a legit thing to do and they are going to waste time and money on a cleanse - that the OP admitted - does nothing...

+1
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Who's Dr Oz?
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

:drinker:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Who's Dr Oz?

20090915-tows-dr-oz-pill-1-290x218.jpg
  • meca85
    meca85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. I just finished a liver detox (yes, I like to drink), and now after a few nights of staying up too late & having 3-4 drinks (something that would usually make me feel bad the next day), I feel fine & incredibly productive the next day. It has been this way the past 2 weeks (no I do not drink every night, but I've had 4 birthday parties in the past 2 weeks). I think there is some validity to detoxing.

I have lost a few pds since I did it, but I contribute the weight loss to limiting calories & working out. However, mine was only in the pill form not the food form.

Regardless people think they are right, so do not let any of these comments get to you. The same thing happened to me on my first ever post & I almost deleted my account.

Anything that makes you feel better is worth it!!!!
    thank you!

Yeah people say that our organs work perfectly but, I know people who suffer from liver and kidney disease, and kidney stones. Why not give your body a break and treat it to tons of fruits and veggies?
    Thankd for the support and understanfing though.
  • amyk225
    amyk225 Posts: 154
    Options
    didnt-read-lol-gif-4.gif
    funny
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Not sure why people bash others, must be immaturity.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Dr. Oz 3 day Cleanse.

thank you....

I don't understand why if they simply don't agree, then why not just skip it and move on to a topic they do agree with.

for me it will always be a threshold I crossed into focusing more on eating healthier.

I would assume that those who have lost 20 or 30lbs would be understanding, as I know this doesnt happen over night, rather it is a lifestyle that you just have to get rid of certain foods and never let back in your life. Yes I feel my cravings have diminished too which is great.

Here is an example of a diet that people could believe is beneficial:

You drink a lemon water beverage, sometimes containing maple syrup. This is all you drink for 7-14 days. That's it.

This can be harmful. This is unnecessary and it is not beneficial to take such extreme measures.

If someone came on here and posted that they wanted to do a 14 day lemon water fast, would YOU still advocate taking a "if you don't agree with it, don't say anything" approach?

Based on your post, I can only assume that you have no idea how many people read these forum posts looking for solutions to their problems and you have no idea how many people are unable to separate dietary fads from realistic, sustainable habits.

Misinformation is bad regardless of whether that information comes from Dr. Oz or some random internet person posting on a public forum.

Letting potentially harmful information slide on by because you don't agree with it does not do anyone any favors unless you're more interested in protecting one person's feelings than you are protecting the hundreds of people who may fall for the bogus, harmful dietary strategies often proposed by people on these forums who just don't know any better.

Finally, I'm not attacking you. I am disagreeing with your ideas.

Great post!!!

giphy.gif
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    In.

Dr. Oz is a nut case!!!

ETA: Meant case not cake, mmmmmmmm.....

in for the nut cake! sounds yummy. :happy:
  • MistyAnnMoon829
    Options
    This has been a really negatively received post, and I don't understand why. Thanks for sharing your experience!!

I feel like as a community we should be lifting each other up, not bashing each others choices.
  • meca85
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm sorry that others can be rude. I don't come on the message boards often and I think it's probably because when I do read a lot of them I am disappointed in the way others respond. I have seen so many negative responders that I just don't like wasting my time listening to them. There are many responders that give good feedback but so many more that are just nasty. Why would you waste your time writing "too long, didn't read???" The only reason someone would write that is to be rude. I think that if someone wants to share things here then it should be a safe place to do that, not one where you get bombarded with negativity! I thought this was a website where you are supposed to get support? I appreciate the sharing. I don't know much about cleansing as I have never tried one but I do appreciate your take on it. Thanks!

thank you! :-)
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

Also a great post!
    Men-at-work-Golf-Clap-Short-Charlie-Sheen-and-Emilio-Estevez.gif
  • meca85
    Options
    It sounds like a successful first step in your journey. Congrats! If you need to use stevia instead of buying the packets, Vitacost has a 45 mg container of it for $7 which is a lot more convenient than the little packets for making smoothies and cooking. Truvia is also made with stevia, available at most grocery stores. Both would likely be less expensive than the packets especially if you take advantage of the BOGO offers at Vitacost.

Thank you!!!

The stevia was supposed to be for the green tea but I didnt really need it, and for the smoothies either the fruit or some bananas are usually helpful to sweetem it up. But thank you :-)
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Anything that makes you feel better is worth it!!!!
    thank you!

Yeah people say that our organs work perfectly but, I know people who suffer from liver and kidney disease, and kidney stones. Why not give your body a break and treat it to tons of fruits and veggies?
    Thankd for the support and understanfing though.

OP - I give my body tons of fruits and veggies! I do this because it is delicious and healthy - not because I subscribe to the phantom idea of needing them for a detox! You feel better and that is great. But why delude people into thinking they need them to have a "healthy start"?
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    What is the obsession with cleanses/detox and "restarting", "jumpstarting" and "starting"? What is being started or jumpstarted?

beats me ...I guess people have an obsession with jump starting their cars, so they translate that to their bodies...?

Scratches head as well. I have NEVER done any of this, I have managed to lose 50 Lbs just fine, and have kept it off.....People I work with do these ALL the time... only to gain everything back the second they eat food again.... I'm puzzled
  • meca85
    Options
    This has been a really negatively received post, and I don't understand why. Thanks for sharing your experience!!

I feel like as a community we should be lifting each other up, not bashing each others choices.

thank you for understanding.
    I thought this was a community too. :-\
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

So if someone wants to starve themself to lose weight, let their organs shut down we should support them?

The problem is there is so much misinfomation in the world about fitness and dieting. This post is one of them. New people come here in pick up MORE bad diet and fitness information because of posts like these.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

I see this all the time.

Honesty or Disagreement =/= negativity.
  • millsrobm
    millsrobm Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Not sure why people bash others, must be immaturity.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Dr. Oz 3 day Cleanse.

thank you....

I don't understand why if they simply don't agree, then why not just skip it and move on to a topic they do agree with.

for me it will always be a threshold I crossed into focusing more on eating healthier.

I would assume that those who have lost 20 or 30lbs would be understanding, as I know this doesnt happen over night, rather it is a lifestyle that you just have to get rid of certain foods and never let back in your life. Yes I feel my cravings have diminished too which is great.

See - here's the thing. I lost over 50 pounds without getting rid of any foods. I eat the same as I always have - just less of it. And you don't give your organs a "break" by changing what food you're eating. They do the same job no matter what you eat.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Great job! It sounds healthy too - you're getting all your nutrients. I couldn't do this, but I feel for some this is a great kick off to a new healthy lifestyle! Keep us posted on your progress!

no she wasn't ...hardly any protien.
This discussion has been closed.