My Experience with Dr. Oz Detox/Cleanse Smoothies

Options

Replies

• EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Why all of these rude comments. She clearly stated if you do not agree with this then ok - I believe she posted it for those interested in something like this. From her title if you disagree then why even stop by to read her post???
    fark_mTiSA1oiyVtly4njLDohX36lwbM.gif?t=VzWw8YWzshL8L1YsmY_cbA&f=1394427600
  • meca85
    meca85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great job! It sounds healthy too - you're getting all your nutrients. I couldn't do this, but I feel for some this is a great kick off to a new healthy lifestyle! Keep us posted on your progress!

thank you!!
  • dodochoga
    dodochoga Posts: 33
    Options
    man, why are people so mean here? I mean, I don't believe in detoxing or Dr Oz's stupid bs, but she just wrote about her experience. why bash her so much?

also, i'd like to add, if you live on chips and dip, pizza and ice cream, drinking fresh juices and purees of veggies etc will feel better. if not for the good food you put in your tummy, it'd feel good just for the health halo around those foods. live and let live, people learn by doing.
  • meca85
    Options
    Why all of these rude comments. She clearly stated if you do not agree with this then ok - I believe she posted it for those interested in something like this. From her title if you disagree then why even stop by to read her post???

Entertainment can always be found in these posts. That's why.

I don't see the myfitnessPAL in some of these comments, but my weight has been a struggle since I was 15, and it has been tough, I have a long journey to go, but didnt know it'd be entertaining for others.

but thank you though for your post.

Entertainment? People really have nothing better to do?
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    people learn by doing.
    Yes, and the people who have been there, done that and seen it all are trying to save people from the BS and gimmicks. If you think that is mean then grow thicker skin
  • 1983ashleigh
    1983ashleigh Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. I just finished a liver detox (yes, I like to drink), and now after a few nights of staying up too late & having 3-4 drinks (something that would usually make me feel bad the next day), I feel fine & incredibly productive the next day. It has been this way the past 2 weeks (no I do not drink every night, but I've had 4 birthday parties in the past 2 weeks). I think there is some validity to detoxing.

I have lost a few pds since I did it, but I contribute the weight loss to limiting calories & working out. However, mine was only in the pill form not the food form.

Regardless people think they are right, so do not let any of these comments get to you. The same thing happened to me on my first ever post & I almost deleted my account.

Anything that makes you feel better is worth it!!!!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

Because Dr. Oz is a quack and you can get results without spending ridiculous money on some special magic cleanse.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Now that I embarked on this and overcame, if I ever do put junk in my mouth I will only be failing and cheating myself and my body.

So you're guaranteed to fail. Why not just eat food you like in moderation and feel successful every day without having to "overcome" anything? It just doesn't need to be this hard.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options

So what were my results? Keep in mind I was working out as normal. I started working out last Wednesday but barely had seen any progress. But when I started the smoothies on Monday I immediately shed 2.2lbs by Tuesday. On Wednesday I went down .9lbs, and Today I had gone down another .9lbs. So with de detox and my regular workouts, I lost 4lbs. I honestly wasn’t expecting to lose much since my goal was to just cleanse, but very ecstatic about those 4lbs. You might say that was probably water weight, but why didn’t that water weight start going away last week? Even if it is water weight, I am just gonna try my best to keep it up. I also lost 1” off my belly, 1” off my thighs, and 1” off my hips.
    20140306_073004_zpsodxwa9ok.jpg

I would suggest this detox cleanse if you are serious about getting a start in changing your lifestyle. I dedicated 3 days of my life to this, I could have been binge eating like I was accustomed, but if I was able to control myself for 3 days only on smoothies, I can control lots of other things in my life, especially my eating habits.
    It is a challenge, but I am proud I completed it and successful.
    http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-ozs-3-day-detox-cleanse-one-sheet

OP, please post another pic of your progress, say 10 days post detox-cleanse. I think many of us would be very interested in the long term effect a 3-day detox has on your weight loss efforts.
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you had a sucessful experience. Good luck in your new healthy plan.
  • cw822
    cw822 Posts: 107
    Options

Seriously, the level of snark on this site is incredibly annoying. I swear some people do nothing more than troll through posts all day, looking for the chance to berate someone else. Nobody made you read her post. If it's too long for your wee attention span, or you don't share the share the same view (and aren't able to articulate a constructive counter-viewpoint, it's quite simple really, just move on.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Somebody please read this and give me the Clif Notes version?

Dr. Oz is universally panned in this community, so I was in for snarky comments, but after my mouse wheel broke trying to scroll through your post I gave up. Sorry.

cliff notes..

OP did a three day Dr OZ cleanse
    OP lost four pounds in water weight
    OP spent about 16.00 a day on this magical formula
    OP says that she will never, ever, ever eat any more "junk" food.

end of story...at least that is what I got out of it...
  • LaurieJ68
    LaurieJ68 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm sorry that others can be rude. I don't come on the message boards often and I think it's probably because when I do read a lot of them I am disappointed in the way others respond. I have seen so many negative responders that I just don't like wasting my time listening to them. There are many responders that give good feedback but so many more that are just nasty. Why would you waste your time writing "too long, didn't read???" The only reason someone would write that is to be rude. I think that if someone wants to share things here then it should be a safe place to do that, not one where you get bombarded with negativity! I thought this was a website where you are supposed to get support? I appreciate the sharing. I don't know much about cleansing as I have never tried one but I do appreciate your take on it. Thanks!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Not sure why people bash others, must be immaturity.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Dr. Oz 3 day Cleanse.

thank you....

I don't understand why if they simply don't agree, then why not just skip it and move on to a topic they do agree with.

for me it will always be a threshold I crossed into focusing more on eating healthier.

I would assume that those who have lost 20 or 30lbs would be understanding, as I know this doesnt happen over night, rather it is a lifestyle that you just have to get rid of certain foods and never let back in your life. Yes I feel my cravings have diminished too which is great.

Here is an example of a diet that people could believe is beneficial:

You drink a lemon water beverage, sometimes containing maple syrup. This is all you drink for 7-14 days. That's it.

This can be harmful. This is unnecessary and it is not beneficial to take such extreme measures.

If someone came on here and posted that they wanted to do a 14 day lemon water fast, would YOU still advocate taking a "if you don't agree with it, don't say anything" approach?

Based on your post, I can only assume that you have no idea how many people read these forum posts looking for solutions to their problems and you have no idea how many people are unable to separate dietary fads from realistic, sustainable habits.

Misinformation is bad regardless of whether that information comes from Dr. Oz or some random internet person posting on a public forum.

Letting potentially harmful information slide on by because you don't agree with it does not do anyone any favors unless you're more interested in protecting one person's feelings than you are protecting the hundreds of people who may fall for the bogus, harmful dietary strategies often proposed by people on these forums who just don't know any better.

Finally, I'm not attacking you. I am disagreeing with your ideas.
  • meca85
    Options
    man, why are people so mean here? I mean, I don't believe in detoxing or Dr Oz's stupid bs, but she just wrote about her experience. why bash her so much?

also, i'd like to add, if you live on chips and dip, pizza and ice cream, drinking fresh juices and purees of veggies etc will feel better. if not for the good food you put in your tummy, it'd feel good just for the health halo around those foods. live and let live, people learn by doing.

thank you, and thats where I was struggling.
    I KNOW which foods are healthier, but my cavings were getting the best of me, and I was actually afraid to get on scale, and when I was faced with my weight last week, it was like a slap in the face and this was a challenge for me to just go forward and not look back at that type of food again.

Im not saying I will never have a slice of pizza ever again, but in the future if I must havena pizza I will opt for the healthier version, and I got rid of my coffee because my body doesnt need it, those are the types of changes I want to instill in my lifestyle because I have a little one to look after. If she shouldnt be eating chips, neither should I.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Not sure why people bash others, must be immaturity.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Dr. Oz 3 day Cleanse.

thank you....

I don't understand why if they simply don't agree, then why not just skip it and move on to a topic they do agree with.

Out of concern for the OP's physical and mental wellbeing, and her long term success
    I would assume that those who have lost 20 or 30lbs would be understanding , as I know this doesnt happen over night, rather it is a lifestyle that you just have to get rid of certain foods and never let back in your life. Yes I feel my cravings have diminished too which is great.

Because a lot of those people learned the hard way why stuff like this just doesn't work, or they learned the easy way, didn't bother with it and succeeded anyway. And you don't have to get rid of any foods to succeed.

I lost more than the amount of weight stated above. And I've also studied enough biology to know that all these cleanses do is dehydrate you and deplete you of glycogen, so you get a big drop in scale weight so you think you're doing really well, when you're actually hindering your long term progress. It's far, far easier to just start with a sensible calorie deficit, do exercise you enjoy, be patient and learn how to stick to something without needing overnight results. The human body simply does not burn fat that quickly. Losing a pound overnight is not fat. It's water and/or glycogen and food from your intestines. Switching your focus from *weight* loss to *fat* loss - it's excess fat that causes the health risk and makes you look flabby - makes you realise just how futile these "cleanses" are. They don't make you lose more fat. They make you lose a lot of water. Fat is lost slowly, don't look for instant results, look for long term results.

Sorry if you find people disagreeing with you and/or the OP mean or hurtful, but believe me this comes from a place of concern, not unkindness, and disagreeing with someone =/= hurting them.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

Seriously, the level of snark on this site is incredibly annoying. I swear some people do nothing more than troll through posts all day, looking for the chance to berate someone else. Nobody made you read her post. If it's too long for your wee attention span, or you don't share the share the same view (and aren't able to articulate a constructive counter-viewpoint, it's quite simple really, just move on.
    Oh, the irony . Thanks for the contribution
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a successful first step in your journey. Congrats! If you need to use stevia instead of buying the packets, Vitacost has a 45 mg container of it for $7 which is a lot more convenient than the little packets for making smoothies and cooking. Truvia is also made with stevia, available at most grocery stores. Both would likely be less expensive than the packets especially if you take advantage of the BOGO offers at Vitacost.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

because it is complete and utter BS ..and if no one challenges it then some newb is going to come along and think it is a legit thing to do and they are going to waste time and money on a cleanse - that the OP admitted - does nothing...
  • Wronkletoad
    Wronkletoad Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-detox-scam-how-to-spot-it-and-how-to-avoid-it/

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/dr-oz-revisited/

It's not a question of liking the dude or not. It's that he's a quack who promotes unproven, potentially harmful "solutions".
This discussion has been closed.