Options

Replies

• meca85
    meca85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    op - all snark aside..I will give you some solid advice

1. create a 500 calorie per day deficit so that you lose 1 pound per week
    2. set your macro % to 40p/30f/30carbs
    3. Follow the 80/20 rule ...80% healthy and 20% whatever you want = chips, ice cream, cookies, etc. Remember there is no "junk" food, there is just food that your body uses for energy
    4. Try to work out/move more whether it is waling, running, strength training ,etc. Eventually, I would recommend a program of heavy lifting built around compound movements. Starting strength and new rules of lifting for woman are great resources..

repeat until you reach desired goals...

cleanse do not jump start anything...

I did the above and over seven years I have gone from 220# about 25% + body fat to 175# 12% body fat and have kept the weight off and you can too...

now, back to my regular programming...
    thank you,
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options

3. Follow the 80/20 rule ...80% healthy and 20% whatever you want = chips, ice cream, cookies, etc. Remember there is no "junk" food, there is just food that your body uses for energy
    4. Try to work out/move more whether it is waling, running, strength training ,etc. Eventually, I would recommend a program of heavy lifting built around compound movements. Starting strength and new rules of lifting for woman are great resources..

I did the above and over seven years I have gone from 220# about 25% + body fat to 175# 12% body fat and have kept the weight off and you can too...

^^^ this, honestly I have seen first hand TOO many people become addicted, whether on purpose or not, to these fads. Not only can it do harm to you and your body, but one woman I worked with developed an eating disorder from this particular cleanse. She cleanses once a month, never eats more than soup..... a bowl of soup a day....... We have all started at some point, I was tipping the scales at 200 Lbs in 2011. You do have to start somewhere, but the fad cleanses are not it. You lost some water weight and as soon as you start eating again, it will all come back on, and you will feel upset and defeated...... trust the people, we all talk from experience. Eat healthier, count your calories and get moving. it really is that simple.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    You know, the unsupportive group of meanies taught me more than the butt cheek kissing fairies ever did. Because they speak truth.Fact.

347tao4.jpg
  • MHackrott
    MHackrott Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Why all of these rude comments. She clearly stated if you do not agree with this then ok - I believe she posted it for those interested in something like this. From her title if you disagree then why even stop by to read her post???

AMEN!
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    You know, the unsupportive group of meanies taught me more than the butt cheek kissing fairies ever did. Because they speak truth.Fact.

347tao4.jpg

+ 100
  • caenis
    caenis Posts: 14
    Options
    I know everyone has a different opinion but I did a 7 day juice cleanse and I really noticed how my digestive tract responded better afterwards. So I vote yes an occasional break from regular eating is helpful!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    To the poster that wrote this...
    This has been a really negatively received post, and I don't understand why. Thanks for sharing your experience!!

I feel like as a community we should be lifting each other up, not bashing each others choices.

And to the one that wrote this...
    Why all of these rude comments. She clearly stated if you do not agree with this then ok - I believe she posted it for those interested in something like this. From her title if you disagree then why even stop by to read her post???

AMEN!

Even though others have explained this already but I'm going to try to make it really simple.

If someone posted they were going to jump off a bridge or kill themselves in some fashion...should we all just skip that post? Because it's not just the OP who might be thinking about doing it, others may read, be at a point in their lives and think it's a good idea also.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

347tao4.jpg

I JUST REALIZED YOU POSTED A BAMAN PIDERMAN GIF PLEASE MARRY ME.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

AMEN!

well because its a public forum, for starters, and why not get some other opinions and maybe a little science in the mix?

threads like this are a dime a dozen (though never as long-winded), and they typically end the same way.

start a group.

ETA: spewing glitter all over every single thread doesn't do anyone any good. this site is NOT to lift each other up and support every word spoken. think of how insanely stupid that would be.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options

347tao4.jpg

We're best friendssssssss!!!!!!!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

I don't want to speak for everyone but I think it would be safe to say that alot of the so called snarky , rude, veterans on MFP (Me being one of them) practice just about everything that is listed above or darn near everything.... You do not need a detox or cleanse even for a so called starting point. You need to work on the mental side of the equation first and foremost, come to an understanding of why you gained the weight to begin with and then work on doing something about it. There is no reason to give up the food you enjoy just learn to eat them in smaller quantities. Best of Luck
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    egon-nod.gif

*slow clap*
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    To the poster that wrote this...
    This has been a really negatively received post, and I don't understand why. Thanks for sharing your experience!!

I feel like as a community we should be lifting each other up, not bashing each others choices.

And to the one that wrote this...

AMEN!

Even though others have explained this already but I'm going to try to make it really simple.

If someone posted they were going to jump off a bridge or kill themselves in some fashion...should we all just skip that post? Because it's not just the OP who might be thinking about doing it, others may read, be at a point in their lives and think it's a good idea also.

Facebook-Like-Button.jpg

Best thing that's ever happened to me is that life decided to hit me with some knowledge. Honestly, if it was all a giant hugbox all the time, I never would have started losing weight.
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    man, why are people so mean here?

. . . . . .

Just dropping this in

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1088600-dear-mean-people-of-mfp?hl=mean+people
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

AMEN!

well because its a public forum, for starters, and why not get some other opinions and maybe a little science in the mix?

threads like this are a dime a dozen (though never as long-winded), and they typically end the same way.

start a group.

ETA: spewing glitter all over every single thread doesn't do anyone any good. this site is NOT to lift each other up and support every word spoken. think of how insanely stupid that would be.

the_oxford_english_dictionary_accepts_both_pronunciations_mr_wilhite_saidinventor_of_the_format_they_are_wrong_it_is_a_soft_g_pronounced_jif_end_of_story-48964.gif
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    man, why are people so over sensitive here?

. . . . . .

FIFY
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    What is the obsession with cleanses/detox and "restarting", "jumpstarting" and "starting"? What is being started or jumpstarted?

People repeating marketing terms that have been spoon-fed to them. It's the obvious mark of people turning into "sheeple."
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

347tao4.jpg

I come over da house...

We're best fwieeeeeeends!!!!
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. The pictures were great! I really enjoyed reading your review. I personally see nothing wrong with detoxes that include plenty of nutritious foods. Don't get too frustrated if you gain back a bit of weight afterwards as this isnt the main reson for a detox. Please keep us posted on how your diet continues. I'm curious as to whether you will continue to keep cravings at bay. Hopefully you will continue to incorporate plenty of fruits, veggies, and healthy fats and proteins in your diet. Eating these foods will keep you full just like drinking them, but nothing beats a nutritious smoothie on a snackey day! :smile:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    There was a whole Marketplace episode about the Dr Oz "detox" nonsense.....

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/detox-treatments-by-dr-oz-and-others-lack-evidence-benefit-1.2498910

which included blood work etc etc for the participants.

Conclusion.........no benefit whatsoever.
This discussion has been closed.