Over 200 New Year New Me Part 35

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Cris-I'm with you on consuming too much this weekend. I am ashamed of the damage I did at dinner. I couldn't stop stuffing my face Saturday night..Yesterday was bad too, but not AS bad. Sorry your team lost yesterday.

Purple-I say go for it! When I jogged my first 5k I was only on about week 6 and I still did it. Just pace yourself. That's the best advise I can give you. I did my first one "jogging" in about 47 or 48 minutes.

As I said in Cris' post I was terrible this weekend. Absoutely terrible. I'm ashamed. :sad: It was my sisters bachelorette party and I was so stressed due to the events of Friday night and Saturday that I just chowed, and chowed...I'm showing a 2 pound gain this morning. A lot better then I thought. I usually should 2 or 3 pound gain on Monday. At least I had a great time and my sister absoultely LOVED it! But I tried on my dress last night and got upset. I wanted it to look better then it did. I consider last week's first week of Insanity a fail. I only managed to get 3 workouts in. I'm not giving up. My question is this. Should I repeat week 1 or just start week 2 today? Honest opinions please. I'm making a vowe and a commitment to my weight losss sisters. NO beer NONE No alcoholic beverages until my sisters wedding. That's 20 days from today!! I'm going to eat clean. I wont say no eating out because I just can't give that up all together. But no more then 1-2 times per week. Big improvement for me. But NO eating out for lunch!! And I'm giving Insanity my 110% from here on out.
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Jess- I would start all over.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    Thanks Cris for the birday shoutout:heart::blushing: Sorry to hear the Steeler lost last night...:flowerforyou: {{hugs}} don't stress, that's a great team. ANd thanks for the cleats info..I will keep that in mind when I go shopping again, for another pair..

Jess, I think you should REstart the program. Start fresh is always best. I have to restart Shred (level 2) because I didn't do it on Saturday or Sunday..(I promished myself If I missed 2 consecutive days I have to restart the level).

As for me, I didn't meet my birthday goal ( to be under 200)..I am @ a standstill ( 204) I exercised, watched what I ate, and drank my water and my weight stayed the same:sad: :sad: :cry: ...

For this month, I am aiming for 10 pounds by Holloween..who's with me!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    I am trying to get back to 195 by Halloween which would be about a 10lbs loss from my stupid 204 that I seem to be stuck on ....

So yup, lets do it!

Normally I wouldsay 10lbs in a month is not doable but since its weight I already lost and am trying to re-lose it may happen!
  • RedneckWmn
    Thanks girls. I think I'm just going to start fresh. Day 1 is a fitness test and I'm not going to re start that so I'm thinking maybe some light cardio tonight or another DVD and jump in first thing tomorrow morning. I'm in for the 10 pounds by Halloween. I wanna been in onderland by the end of the month. I know I can do this!! It's a very ambitious goal for me but I think my body is ready!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Hello lovely ladies!

I'm feeling very lame and don't know what to write. Read all the posts....brain can't work to respond. Boo to my brain on this grey Monday morning.

I promise to be more responsive later this week - up against a big deadline on Wednesday.

Weekend Check-in...
    Friday
    Cals - Over, 1872
    Water - 80 oz
    Exercise - None
    Proud - Had a good catch at work. Yeah!

Saturday
    Cals - Over, 1947
    Water - 48 oz :-(
    Exercise - Short walk. Should have taken advantage of a gorgeous day and went for a run. Sad I did not.
    Proud - My biggest accomplishment this day was taking my DVR from 81% full to 58% full. However, I needed a "nothing" day and had a wonderful time hanging out with my husband on the couch.

Sunday
    Cals - Over, but only by 340 with exercise cals. Based on the previous two days, I think this is good.
    Water - 56 oz :-(
    Exercise - Walked 3 miles! Yeah!!
    Proud - Had a busy day full of volunteering, walking, friends, and family.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Jess: I agree with starting over. Now you know what to expect from last week and can dedicate yourself to it. You'll still be done before me, since Insanity is a 60 program and ChaLean is a 90 day program!

I was a naughty eater again this weekend. So far I haven't logged anything from the weekend but may go back and do so later just to see how terrible I was. I didn't complete the second cardio workout on ChaLean on Friday because I was down with a horrendous migraine. On Saturday, we did some light hiking at another state park because I wasn't feeling 100% yet.

Yesterday morning, I started week 2 of ChaLean, but may go back and do the cardio session I missed on Friday today, since today is typically a rest day. I NEED to get the eating under control, though, or I won't see any results. I am also joining a Biggest Loser competition today, so I'm hoping that will help with my motivation to keep the food under control.

The really sad thing is that on Saturday morning, I saw 184.2 on the scale, but I think that was dehydration and my stomach being empty. I get REALLY sick when I get a migraine. Anyway, the scale was back up to 189 this morning, but part of that is meeting friends for dinner at 9pm last night. Ugh. Why do we meet so late? Because the rest of them, who make more money that I do, are so cheap that they want to get half price appetizers instead of paying full price for a dinner. It's frustrating.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Laila - Happy birthday, sorry you didn't get under 200, but you are soo freaking close !!

Jess - I agree i would start over. Hubby is now thinking he will do that in a few months..so when you are all done you will have to tell us how it was :smile:

Cris - Sad to see the steelers loose too :sad: We like the steelers too! (I think we are like the only people in any raidus of the cowboys that DO NOT like the cowboys). Sorry your eating wasn't good, but just get back on track

Weekend # 1 of no eating out..we did spend more on groceries, and ate some stuff not the best for us, but we didn't eat out !!! I was sitting ouat 247.5 this morning only 1 lbs up from firday (2.5 from lowest ), so figure not to bad. GOing to Buffalo wild wings today for lunch though (had planned that already though). So i am sure i won't be under or even near it today.

BUt i feel good, wearing 22 pants and a xl shirt...the pants could be a little looser but they fit...sometimes i wonder if i am just used to my clothes fitting soooo big, that when something fits it just feels tight.

Just wanted to pass this along for all yall to be careful!!!!!!!!!! A co-worker of my moms was running on a trail, and she was hit by a bike rider on the trail, she had a skull fracture and got rushed to the hosptial where she later died. Everyone pleaes be careful when you are outside walking/running/riding bikes. She had her ipod and she didn't hear the guy coming.
  • RedneckWmn
    Lauren-Hope you meet your deadline!! Miss seeing you around.

Heather-Lets make this week a great week for the both of us. Working out and exercising! Nothing but good decisions.

Deb-That is so awful about your moms co worker. Just break my heart when I heard about it on the radio! Congrats on staying in and not eating out this weekend. Big progress!! That's something I need to tackle.

Very slow morning after work. Has given me lots of talk to think about what I need to do to get fully back on track. I need to stop overbooking myself and trying to fit everything in. I need to make me a priority. It's a morning of bettering myself! HAHA!! I want to be 30 pounds lighter by my trip in Jan-Feb and that's not gonna happen if I keep letting things get in my way.
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Glory be i found a minute to post! Lol. Jess yes start over and yes you can get there but if not don't forget that spanx do wonders lol.
    I am in on the ten by halloween. I need some serious goal because i am putting around like i weigh 130. Lol
  • lildebbie
    I am in for the 10 lbs by halloween...that would put me in the 230's...oh how happy i will be...
  • HeatherMN
    I will try for 10 for Halloween, but with weight lifting it may not be realistic. I would LOVE to be in the 170s!

Is anyone else having a hard time lately believing that you've lost as much weight as you have. I know that I've lost the weight and I know my current weight, etc., but sometimes I still FEEL like I'm 219 lbs. Sure, I can do more without getting winded but it's hard to change that image of a larger me. It's so weird, I don't know if I"m explaining it right. Just wondering what one can do to change that?

It's lunch time for me. Yay! I'm hungry and not wanting to be here. At least now I get to go read a book for a half hour.
  • RedneckWmn
    I will try for 10 for Halloween, but with weight lifting it may not be realistic. I would LOVE to be in the 170s!

Is anyone else having a hard time lately believing that you've lost as much weight as you have. I know that I've lost the weight and I know my current weight, etc., but sometimes I still FEEL like I'm 219 lbs. Sure, I can do more without getting winded but it's hard to change that image of a larger me. It's so weird, I don't know if I"m explaining it right. Just wondering what one can do to change that?

I have the problem all the time. I sometimes see the same person in the mirror. It's days like that I have to get out old pics and show how far I have come. And at the same times I get upset for letting myself get to that point. So yep. I'm with you. Not sure how to change that!
  • lildebbie

I have the problem all the time. I sometimes see the same person in the mirror. It's days like that I have to get out old pics and show how far I have come. And at the same times I get upset for letting myself get to that point. So yep. I'm with you. Not sure how to change that!

I have that problem too...sometimes i feel like i am still that 318 lb girl...i agree with jess, getting out the old pics or my biggest clothes and seeing really what fit in those 70 lbs ago...
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Just real quick - I owe you all a challenge.
    Since we are all trying to repair weekend damage and meet various goals, here it is:

Eat a minimum of 5 servings of vegetables/fruits per day this week

5 mins of meditation per day even if it has to be when you're in the shower !

xoxo
    M
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Hi girls, sorry in advance -- my brain isn't working today. Not feeling well.
    Laila -- Happy birthday!!
    Jess -- if I feel better later I'll do the Insanity fit test & start with you tomorrow! :heart:
    Cris -- Sorry the Steelers lost. :frown:
    Heather -- So glad you're feeling better!
    Deb -- It's a good idea to pull out old clothes. Dh made me save a pair of my biggest pants and I'm glad he did. I'm having a fat feeling day today so maybe I'll pull them out later to make myself feel better.
    Meokk -- thanks for the challenges! I think they're really great. Do avocados count as fruit? :laugh: Because if so, I'm totally good on the fruit servings today (I've eaten an entire avocado today... :embarassed: and an apple. :tongue:).

I left work early. I woke up not feeling very well and it went downhill from there. I went to work because we had new employees coming for orientation and I hadn't finished the orientation powerpoint presentation I committed to do for my coworker. I busted my butt finishing it (as much as you can bust your butt sitting behind a computer) & then finished up some other work I had slacked on last week and then my supervisor made me go home (apparently I was looking as rough as I was feeling). I came home & checked my temp & I have a low grade fever (about 2 degrees over my normal temp). All weekend I had a sore neck & sore shoulders for no reason & Saturday I had a sore throat. So I have all that going on along with a stuffy (and leaky, yuck) nose & the fever. I'm also waffling between freezing & burning up and I feel really weak. Right now I'm sitting outside shivering (it's 70 degrees...). I feel not sick and sick at the same time. It's weird. I hope this is the extent of it & that I don't get any worse. Dh and I are going to Asheville, NC to see Gogol Bordello & Primus Wednesday so I really need for this not to be the beginning of the flu or something stupid like that.

Hope you all have a great evening!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    JULIE -
    Don't be scared but if you have a very stiff neck and a fever you should contact your doctor in case it's meningitis.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
  • HeatherMN
    Julie: I had the chills/super warm thing going on with my migraine. It sucked! Hopefully you feel better soon!

Meokk: Thanks for the challenge. I definitely need to up the fruits and veggies, so that's awesome. I definitely have two servings down...veggies in my Lean Cuisine and a cup of applesauce. It's too bad Nutrigrain bars don't count, or I'd have another serving in!

Tonight, I'm going to a soup restaurant with my co-worker for dinner and I'm looking forward to it since I've been cold all day long. It was 68 degrees in the office this morning when I got in and hasn't gotten much warmer. They turn the heat WAY down over the weekend, so we're miserable on Monday mornings. I hate this office in the fall, spring and winter because it's always freezing!
  • RedneckWmn
    meokk-Thank you thank you thank you for this challenge!! I can't wait to own it!!! Just got back from the store with lots of yummy veggie treats!

Julie-Feel better!! Sounds awful what you are feeling!

I found a healthy choice meal thats 380 calories and only 190 mg of sodium...wth!? How can this be possible? Some kind of pineapple chicken. Can't wait to try it!!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    I am glad some of you are on board with "losing 10 by Holloween" Let's do this!

Heather, you are doing amazing:flowerforyou: . and way to go in joining "the biggest loser challenge" at work. Exercise and eating right goes hand-in-hand..I know you can do it!

deb, thanks for sharing the story..that's so sad..

Julie, so sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I hope you get well/better soon {{Hug}} and THanks for the birthday wishes..

Meokk, I LOVE the challenge...THANKS!!!

I have a feeling something is going on around my house but not sure what IT is. My hubby took the camera wiht him today ( htat has never happened since we've been married)..I think he has something up his sleeve. Usually, I catch on to what he plans but I think this year he out smarted me.
    My kids have been pampering me all day. My daughter made me a great b-fast befoe she left to school. and offered to clean the house when she came back ( I felt guilty so I cleaned it by myself) but I know she probably has lots of homework.

I am not sure if I will be on later on..I still have lots to do..but

Have a great day/afternoon/evening!!!
This discussion has been closed.