Over 200 New Year New Me Part 35

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Ugh, tstout that sucks. :frown: It is just stuff but it's YOUR stuff and you worked hard for it and it's infuriating to have someone come in and violate your privacy and steal from you. We won't even buy a flat panel TV where we live now because we know it would just entice the crooks (but of course we still have stuff they'd be happy to steal). :ohwell: I'm sorry you're going through this -- hope things get back to normal quickly. :flowerforyou:

Ann -- You can do this because what's the other option? See the quote in my signature. :wink:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Ugh, tstout that sucks. :frown: It is just stuff but it's YOUR stuff and you worked hard for it and it's infuriating to have someone come in and violate your privacy and steal from you. We won't even buy a flat panel TV where we live now because we know it would just entice the crooks (but of course we still have stuff they'd be happy to steal). :ohwell: I'm sorry you're going through this -- hope things get back to normal quickly. :flowerforyou:

Ann -- You can do this because what's the other option? See the quote in my signature. :wink:
    Thanks Julie!! I guess I just need a daily reminder to do this everyday! I already planned out my food today and I am going to stick by it.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    Tstout, sorry to hear about the robbery...my car was broken into a while back and the crooks took my college text...now what can a croook do with my books but sell them. I had 4 books and each was about 100+ so I had to replace them all. It sucks and I feel your pain...:heart:

Ann, I ate a little too mcuh chocolate, yesterday. I was good all day and well I said I was going to treat my dedication and well let's just say I went a little/lot overboard:sad: I weighted myself this mornning and I was 206...so that mean I am 2 pounds over my lowest weight.. I am going to stay away from the kitchen...we can do this! like Julie said it's a life style change not a diet..:heart:

Jess, way to go in doing insanity!!! you're awesome!!!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Good morning!

So Day 1 of being back on track- SUCCESSFUL! Woohoo! It makes me proud because I havent been able to stick to 1 day...so baby steps! 1 day down a million to go!

I was under cals, drank my water, stuck to the workout plan! I feel AWESOME! Cant wait to do it again today.

Tstout- I am so sorry, thats horrible!!! OMG if someone took my laptop I would die...like pretty much Id be devastaded. Most of Brayden's baby pictures are in there that I never printed, ALL my songs are in there, my resume..everythnig..my life is in that laptop and its giving me anxiety just at the thought that someone would take it from me. I feel awful that u have to go thorugh this...Ill be sending happy thoughts your way.

Laila- Forget yesterday and move on to today! (lol I know I sohuld listen to myself sometimes right?!)

Ann- Ditto what Julie said...the fastest way to get back to 250+ is to stop doing what you are doing and go back to what you WERE doing. Keep trucking along girlie we will all get there!

Be back later to chat gotta go do some actual work now...

Cris
  • LittleSpy
    So, here's something that's been kind of killing me the last couple of days --
    My brother is committing suicide with food. He is in terrible shape. Like, near deathbed kind of shape. I don't know what to do and I worry about him pretty much constantly. He fell walking up stairs carrying groceries last week. Concussion, amnesia, broken teeth (He seriously had perfect teeth. I had braces & his still looked better than mine). He refused to go to the doctor for days even though he was confused & afraid to drive & was having a hard time doing his job until my SIL and mother showed up to force him to go at like 5am Sunday morning. My mom (an RN) said his blood pressure was like 210/150 (!!!) when he got to the ER and was still 170/120 when he was released. He is going to die. Soon. Because I don't think he cares at all. So it really sucks that I have him to use as my motivation. He is incredibly stubborn and I feel like the only way I can help him is by setting an example. I finally broke down and called him on Sunday to try to talk him into joining MFP. Of course he didn't answer. I left a casual "Hope you feel better soon" message and he didn't call back. I think it's hard for him to see me now that I've lost weight. We've never been super close but our relationship was definitely better before. There's a lot of stuff going on with him but the NUMBER ONE problem is his obesity. If he took control of that, everything else would start falling into place. I know because I was in a similar place last year; but instead of wallowing in misery I decided I had to do something about it. I mean, those really are our choices: Do something about it or be miserable & die. Okay, so mine may not be the most positive outlook but it's pretty real. By the way, my brother is 31 years old.
    Anyway, that's why we can't give up. :heart:
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Sending huge amount of hugs and support to Julie and Tstout....

Quick check-in from yesterday and then I'm digging into work.

Cals - Over...by 39. I'd call that a success. 1321 total
    Water - 104 oz
    Exercise - Walked about a mile, nothing special
    Proud - I was at a meeting last night where they served pizza. I left early and had dinner at home. No pizza for me - it didn't even look that good (but it sure SMELLED good!!).
  • awestfall
    So, here's something that's been kind of killing me the last couple of days --
    My brother is committing suicide with food. He is in terrible shape. Like, near deathbed kind of shape. I don't know what to do and I worry about him pretty much constantly. He fell walking up stairs carrying groceries last week. Concussion, amnesia, broken teeth (He seriously had perfect teeth. I had braces & his still looked better than mine). He refused to go to the doctor for days even though he was confused & afraid to drive & was having a hard time doing his job until my SIL and mother showed up to force him to go at like 5am Sunday morning. My mom (an RN) said his blood pressure was like 210/150 (!!!) when he got to the ER and was still 170/120 when he was released. He is going to die. Soon. Because I don't think he cares at all. So it really sucks that I have him to use as my motivation. He is incredibly stubborn and I feel like the only way I can help him is by setting an example. I finally broke down and called him on Sunday to try to talk him into joining MFP. Of course he didn't answer. I left a casual "Hope you feel better soon" message and he didn't call back. I think it's hard for him to see me now that I've lost weight. We've never been super close but our relationship was definitely better before. There's a lot of stuff going on with him but the NUMBER ONE problem is his obesity. If he took control of that, everything else would start falling into place. I know because I was in a similar place last year; but instead of wallowing in misery I decided I had to do something about it. I mean, those really are our choices: Do something about it or be miserable & die. Okay, so mine may not be the most positive outlook but it's pretty real. By the way, my brother is 31 years old.
    Anyway, that's why we can't give up. :heart:
    Thanks Julie I really needed this and I hope you can get him to join MFP!! He is more than welcome to join our group as well!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Julie - I am sorry for your brother, and Hope you can get through to him....It is soo hard to convince somone elese that they need to do this.

Ann - YOu can do this,...You will not gain that weight...we will all do it.

Cris - WTG on your 1st day on track..you can do it.

Well hubby is home sick today, last night we went to the running track and me and the girls played and he ran like 3 miles. He got home took a shower, then was feeling sick, chills( nofever though), upset stomach. I made him go to bed like at 8:30 and this morning still not feeling good, he said he fells achey..I hope he feels better and i don't get it.

Girls were a handful this morning...i told serena over and over she needed to get moving or she was going to miss the bus, she went out there and the bus was at the stop, she tried to run but got 1/2 way down the street and it left, she started to cry sitting on the sidewalk...hoepfully she will remember next time i tell her to get going. Took both girls to school

I looked on a map this morning, on how far it is to sernea's school and the day care...It will be about 1/2 mile back and forth to serena's school, and a total of like 1.25 miles to go to serena's school and the day care and back.

THinking on nice days we can walk, at least to serena's schoool...day care may be longer, not sure if i will have enough time unless we leave really early, so i can get back and work.

But like from my house to the day care like .58 miles ..so thinking a good part of the time i can walk, unless the weather doesn't perhibit that.

When we move we are quitting the gym.. THere is a small exercise facility in the neighboorhood, pluse all the walking trails, basketball etc...The gym membership is more a year than the HOA dues so we will jsut trade off on that. Plus there isn't going to be one close so i know i won't go if i have to drive far.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Insanity Day 1 comleted!! Shaun T Is a BEAST!!! A lot of the moves in itself are challenging. I tried doing as many as I could..didn't burn as much as I would of liked but I didn't give up! Can't wait for my butt kicking tomorrow!

On the apartment drama front...I took that rude woman alllll my paperwork and documents I had. I took her screen prints of when the letter was created, modified, printed, a copy of the letter, my phone bill to show the calls...EVERYTHING!! She seemed suprised to see me. Her attitude quickly changed. She said that seems like plenty of information to get this issue cleared up. I even brought my laptop in her office in case she wanted to verify the information on my computer to the prints outs, make sure they weren't changed. She said that wasn't necessary! DARN RIGHT! :bigsmile: Take that! Jessica doesn't go down without a fight!

purple-Great job getting in exercise on your trip and planning ahead with your food. Your making progress!! Keep it up!

tstout-Lambeau Field is amazing isn't it!? I'm not a Green Bay Packer fan but it's an amazing stadium with so much history! We did the guided tour when we were there in May. So sorry to hear about your apartment being broken into. That's awful! I hope they catch whoever did it. Glad you weren't home when it happened though.

Ann-When you want to snack at night, get up and get on the computer and come post here about it. It helps when I try and talk to someone about it. I'll text someone instead of stuffing my face. You can do it and I know you have the will power!

Cris-Yay for staying on track!! You are absolutely right, it's all about the baby steps. I would be lost without my laptop too. My world is in there! UGH! Kinda like my iPhone..I feel lost when I don't have it.

Julie-Reading the post about your brother beaks my heart. Unfortunately, there's nothing people can do to force someone to lose weight. They have to want it. It's so hurtful to everybody around them and I don't think they realize that. I'll keep your brother in my thoughts in hopes that he comes around and joins the lifestyle change band wagon!

Deb-That's great your going to be so close. Walking the girls to school on nice days (when we do have them!) sounds like such great exercise and good quality time with your girls. Your teaching them good habits at a young age. I love it!

Check in for 9.27
    Calories: I'm guessing somewhere right on target, went out to dinner and no nutrition..had a small plate of nachos and water. Had about 500 calories for dinner with exercise cals
    Water: 9 Cups or more
    Exercise: Insanity Fitness Test
    Proud: When I came home from dinner after 9 I put on my workout clothes and did my Fitness Test. I could of just said screw it and do it tomorrow but I didn't. I did my test and hit the sack so I could get up and do it all again this morning!
  • cris20056
    Julie- My heart sank a little reading your post. My brother and Bobby are both the same age as your brother and I couldnt imagine them leading their life in such sorrow and miseray and not being able to help them. Ive always viewed food as an addiction (for me) and sometimes it helps to view it that way when dealing with someone like your brother. If he were an alcoholic there wouldnt be much you could do except be there to support him when he asked. There's really very little you can do except let him know that you are there if he is ready. I'll keep him in mythoughts and hope he comes around.

Lauren- way to go on not eating pizza...I dont think that would be possible for me. AMAZING!

Deb- walks to school sounds great! I hope Jeremy feels better soon!

Jess- I love ur enthusiasm for your new program
  • LittleSpy
    Jess -- Way to go for showing the apartment manager who's boss. :wink:

Thanks for your support everyone. I've been concerned about his problem for a while now but he seems to be getting a lot worse really quickly. Talking to my mom doesn't help because she has no idea how to be healthy and she apparently thinks it's impossible to lose weight, be healthy, and maintain (like every time I talk to her she asks me if I've gained any weight back. :grumble:).

Cris -- My brother is an alcoholic. I definitely agree with food being an addiciton. I know for sure it is for me. It breaks my heart because he is in-freaking-credibly beyond a doubt one of the most intelligent people I have ever met (Which is part of the problem -- So smart he's crazy). I just feel like I know exactly what he's going through (though maybe what I've been through wasn't as severe). I'm sure he feels utterly hopeless. The only thing that makes him happy is food and alcohol yet those are exactly the things that are making him miserable. It's a viscious cycle. I want so badly to get through to him. We're so much alike I feel like I could really help him if he'd just let me. We were planning to visit our dad together in the near future (though I can't get my effing former alcoholic so-smart-he's-crazy father to call me back, either :grumble: ) and I'm hoping I can talk some serious sense into him then. I feel like maybe I'm the only one in the world who really could understand what he's going through and how much pain he's in.
    He's 5 days older than my husband. :indifferent:

Thanks for letting me talk (type). :flowerforyou:
  • LittleSpy
    Wow, after re-reading my last post I realized how incredibly lucky I am to have my supportive husband and all you absolutely wonderfully amazing ladies! THANK YOU.
  • RedneckWmn
    Wow, after re-reading my last post I realized how incredibly lucky I am to have my supportive husband and all you absolutely wonderfully amazing ladies! THANK YOU.

Couldn't agree more!! I don't have the hubby but I have all you wonderful ladies and friends and family!! Love all y'all for that!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :blushing:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Jess: Great job showing that apartment lady who's boss AND starting Insanity. You're unstoppable this week!

Cris: Way to get back on track. I also believe in baby steps, no matter how small they are because eventually they add up to some great results.

Teresa: So sorry to hear about the break-in. It amazes me that people can stoop so low as to take and destroy things that aren't theirs. I believe in karma and know that someday the people who do those things to others will eventually get it back, only worse.

Julie: I wish I had words of wisdom for you regarding your brother, but as Cris mentioned, the only thing you can do is be there when he needs you. Setting an example is the best thing to do. Unfortunately, some people just don't value themselves and there is nothing we can do to stop that. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope he sees the light before it's too late.

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Over by 72
    Sodium: Over by 1969 (Auntie Anne's pretzel)
    Water: 49.8 oz....whoops!
    Exercise: None, rest day for ChaLean Extreme
    Proud: I'm proud of my very awesome boyfriend, who bought dumbbells last night so he can start the ChaLean Extreme program! Have I mentioned I :heart: him?
  • awestfall
    Thanks Jess,Cris,Julie,and Deb for lifting me back up!! So far so good today .I have my meals planned out and I have stuck to them to the T today!! I exercised for 30 minutes but it was a good 30 minutes of sweating and I think I am just going to stick to 30 minutes daily just so I don't burn myself out on exercise.I can I can I can do this and I will.
  • cris20056
    So I was preparing tomorrow menu and decided to play around a little with food options. I always eat frozen food (dont try to change my mind about it!) and I compared some of my staple foods (weight watchers, lean cusine, etc) to their full fat alternative. I was pleasently surprised to find that I could go out and buy the normal non fat crap and it didnt make that big of a differnece. Granted the sodium in take was considerably higher, but the fat content were usually like 3-6gms off which I always have left over anyway and the calories were maybe 100 more? So uhm Im def thinking Id rather buy the normal full fat version then the not as tasty smartones and lean cusines....thoughts??
  • awestfall
    Julie we are here for you always and like I said your brother is more than welcome to join our support group! HUGS!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Ann, I love your 30 min/day plan. Start small and you can build yourself back up to longer workouts. 30 min is a great commitment to make.

Cris, I'd also check out nutrition on them. You won't hear any flack from me on frozen meals. I eat em too.

Jess, I am SO proud of you for going in there all business and shutting them down!! Good for you for having all your ducks/paperwork in a row and being assertive.

Allison, so smart to plan ahead. Glad the snacks came to your rescue and you make smart choices at Arbys...yum, roast beef!
  • cris20056
    nutrition....as in???the vitamins? ok now I feel dumb obviously I dont check the nutrition of my food!

PS- This would be maybe a once a week or twice a week replacement so that I dont feel so depirved...Im eating plenty thats never been the issue, I always just miss the TASTE of my favorite foods. Id rather have them once or twice a week in smaller portions then go on a full blown eating binge after depriving myself of it for months...just trying to come up with a game plan that will stop some of my habits! =6)
  • RedneckWmn
    Just want to say thank you all sooo much for all the encouragement on me starting Insanity. I'm really trying to have a positive attitude. Some people I have talked with have told me about supplements or drinks they consume before their workouts to give them more energy. Can't decide if I want to go that route yet. Any thoughts?

Cris-I eat frozen dinners as well. It's better then Wendy's or McDonalds if you ask me. I don't always remember my lunch so I have them in freezer for just in case. Healthy Choice has some new ones...I have tried a few and they are sooooo fraeking good and not loaded in sodium.

Ann-I'm glad your sticking to your plan today. I know you can do this!

Heather-Enjoy your rest day!

Lauren-Way to go on the pizza!!!
This discussion has been closed.