the worst waste of calories you've eaten?

Options

Replies

• Loz220662
    Loz220662 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    White Sliced Bread, 120 Cals per slice. Apparently bread we used to have many years ago was a low fat low calorie fill up quick. Now that its mass produced it's high fat high sugar & salt content just so it can sit on the shelf for a week.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I loooove Cadbury's Creme Eggs. I limit myself to one for the entire year - and I enjoy every second of it.

These, too. These are AWFUL - but they're a local specialty here and very hard to find, so I get ONE and I make it last for weeks. Try to, anyway. It's called a Mary Sue Easter Egg, they come in different flavors but the Vanilla Buttercreme is the shiz.

mary-sue-easter-egg-94290.jpg

Those of you who live in Maryland, Pennsylvania, etc., you know what these are. They're SO FATTENING is what they are. 100 calories for every OUNCE and they come in 6 ounce, 12 ounce packages, etc. Ugh.

But SO good. :love:
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    White Sliced Bread, 120 Cals per slice. Apparently bread we used to have many years ago was a low fat low calorie fill up quick. Now that its mass produced it's high fat high sugar & salt content just so it can sit on the shelf for a week.

So much this. Shop-bought white bread is evil - tasteless, sugary and guaranteed to leave me wanting at least one more sandwich. (But is usually the only thing in the house for making toasted cheese. :frown: )

If I ate more bread, I'd buy a bread maker and make my own. My parents do this, and even the bog-standard white loaf is tasty and filling for less calories (until you count the cheese... :laugh: )
  • MP022012
    MP022012 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    French fries, any snacks that I snack on when bored, candy (like skittles, starbursts, gummy worms, etc.), bread at restaurants
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Everything I ate from Sunday to Wednesday this week. I have a horrible sinus infection and my nose is so stuffed up, I couldn't hardly taste anything I ate anyways. And I therefore felt the need to exceed my calorie allowance all of those days. FAIL!
  • pandagirl813
    pandagirl813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    A whole packet of Twinkies - a long long time ago. I felt so sick for two days that I vowed never to look at them again - and I haven't!

I had never had Twinkies before, but this past summer when i was at my grandmas house in Minnesota (for a family reunion and my mom has 16 siblings), one of my aunts brought 4 of the comeback packages and gave everybody one. Instead of it being a glorious sponge cake filled with creamy goodness, It was dry and the filling was too sweet. I've never had one since.
  • pandagirl813
    Options
    Angel wings, I just wanted to cry when I saw the calorie count
    Either I'm in the dark about food in your area, or you're one sick, evil person.

I think shes talking about this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_wings
  • pandagirl813
    Options
    Extreme Sour Patch Kids are my weakness. Also Bigs Ranch/Dill Pickle Flavored Sunflower Seeds. Having an aunt that owns 2 candy stores doesn't help either.
  • md523083
    md523083 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Eating ANY fad-diet related food that I didn't like. THAT was a waste of calories... even if it was "healthy".
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Fried oreos.
    Two minutes to eat...
    About 800 calories ingested.
    -cry-

I NEED TO TRY THESE FRIED OREOS!!!!!! MIND IS TOTALLY BLOWN!!!
  • Karmynzahringer
    Karmynzahringer Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    The brownie thibgs at taco bell. I really had a chocolate craving and was just sooo dissapointed. They are really awful!
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    store brand ellios pizza. just. no. i shoulda gotten in the car and bought a slice at a real pizzeria. living in ny, and having awesome pizza all over the place, there is no excuse for store brand crappy pizza. i hang my head in shame.
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Anything from the diet section of the grocery store (or a "local Rep") with the word, "Herbal" or "Shake" or that comes in powered form.
  • curlytoes79
    curlytoes79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Probably the free bread at restaurants. It's never anything special and such a calorie bomb.
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    apple newtons.... you only get 2 for 100 calories. Granted they are good but c'omon!!

I mean I still get them as a treat after dinner but I figured I'd get at least 3 cookies instead of 2.

As for a really gross waste of calories...

McDonalds Double cheeseburger. 400+ calories for one and it's gone in half a minute.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    soda. i know its not "eaten" per se .. but my boyfriend had a small bottle of sprite, had to be about a pint maybe? that sucker said 240 calories. what?? i mean..its good kinda. but not THAT good.
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Earl's chicken tenders!!

1550 cals..

WHAT THE CRAP?!? :mad:
  • pinkshiningstar
    pinkshiningstar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    POPTARTS!

Ok, so my boyfriend is obsessed with these things. He constantly has like 5 varieties on rotation at home. He also can eat a box, hop on a scale the next day, and be right where he was the morning before (jerk, haha).

But a pack of Poptarts... while they may be tasty and "bring me back" to middle school, they're totally NOT worth the 400 calories.

And yes, I have been known to steal his Poptarts :wink:
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Alcohol calories..... I always regret it the next day........ :P
  • mghollis
    mghollis Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    A lemon filled donut and a chocolate chip muffin from Dunkin Donuts this past Sunday, topped with cappuccino from the local gas station. Totally started my day off on the wrong foot. I ended up at 3000+ calories for the day.