the worst waste of calories you've eaten?

Options

Replies

• Trad_Barbie
    Trad_Barbie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My friend brought me a small cadbury's egg, that came with a spoon, you unwrap it, bite the top off and are supposed to spoon the creamy filling out, it was 200 calories and it was ate in seconds ! It was the worst waste of calories I've had, needless to say I will not be having another one.

What have you eaten so quick and high calorie, that you won't eat again ?

I don't have anything off limits, because I like the moderation setting, but I don't tend to keep chocolate/refined sugar in the house because I'll eat it in one go.
    Back when I was working a really physically demanding job, working out 4-5x a week, and climbing in a climbing gym 2-3x a week I'd get home from work about 12-1AM and tuck into the peanut butter and the dark chocolate/black currant lindt bar I always had in my fridge.
    Lol. I STILL couldn't eat enough calories to maintain.

Anyway point is I try not to keep junk foods in the house.
    Usually fail miserably, too. :drinker:
  • Trad_Barbie
    Options
    I wont say "worst" or..."waste"...because it's one of the most amazing foods I've ever eaten.

"Crabby Tots"...tater tots smothered in crab dip and pepperjack cheese. Oh yes...it was foodgasmic.

GET IN MY MOUTH
  • zaellany
    zaellany Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I wont say "worst" or..."waste"...because it's one of the most amazing foods I've ever eaten.

"Crabby Tots"...tater tots smothered in crab dip and pepperjack cheese. Oh yes...it was foodgasmic.

GET IN MY MOUTH

Oh man...noooo kidding...I am gonna be thinking about "crabby tots" for awhile...
  • Trad_Barbie
    Options
    Fast food tastes like baby food to me. Meh. I don't really like restaurant food much either and it's never truly gluten free so I get extra calories and sick (yay).

Most pre-packaged gluten free food tastes like ****. Seriously, it really does. I guess if you have celiac you're missing taste buds too.

The Restaurant I worked for over the winter took their gluten-free dishes really seriously. They were utterly gluten free (we had a celiac on the floor and she was able to try the dishes herself) and not bad tasting. Then again it was 5 star, so.
  • Trad_Barbie
    Options

GET IN MY MOUTH

Oh man...noooo kidding...I am gonna be thinking about "crabby tots" for awhile...

Same. I'd eat those so hard. :laugh:
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    A SMALL shamrock shake at McDonalds.. 416 calories for a small... a SMALL! I used to love those things but I just can't get past the calories... I'd rather have half a cup of ice cream instead.
  • Trad_Barbie
    Options
    To this day, when I now take my family down to the beach, I always get a little nervous going through the Appalachians, because I know that it's still out there, waiting...

Don't worry yourself, I'm sure one of the tornadoes ate it today. :heart:
    But seriously, McDonalds is ALWAYS a disappointment to me, except for a sausage mcmuffin, cheese, no egg. Put a little mustard on it, mmmm. Always a hit.
  • Trad_Barbie
    Options
    A SMALL shamrock shake at McDonalds.. 416 calories for a small... a SMALL! I used to love those things but I just can't get past the calories... I'd rather have half a cup of ice cream instead.

Every so often I'll get a snack sized McFlurry. Lately I've been gravitating more toward forzen yogurt. More bang for my calorie buck- especially with all the fruit I put on it. Not so much when I put the candy. Oh well.
  • BobbiTracey
    Options
    Cadbury Creme eggs, nearly 200 calories, WORTH EVERY CALORIE.
    Absolutely.

Now, Cookie Dough Oreos may sound like a good idea, but no... just no.. and I have no qualms about spitting something out when it isn't worth the kcals.

Good to know I'm not the only one who spits food out if it isn't worth the calories!
  • Trad_Barbie
    Options
    I ate 2 fun dips = 100 calories or so

It's powder! *Poof! But I love it :-)

only 100 calories?! now i need to get some cause that is definately worth it!

Otter Pops are a delicious 25 calories each.
    So phantasmal.
  • evangelene12
    evangelene12 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    A can of potato chips.
  • Trad_Barbie
    Options
    Chicken Nugget Burger from Burger King.

Forgive me, I work in remote locations in national parks, but WTF is that?!
  • Trad_Barbie
    Options
    I'm going to Buffalo Wild Wings tonight, and out of curiosity I looked up how many calories my old "go to" meal was...12 boneless wings with Parmesan Garlic sauce and a side of fries.

2700 CALORIES?!?

No wonder I put on so much weight...

I always got the Asian zing and fries... explains my freshman year of college. :laugh: :blushing: :drinker:
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    My sister and I have them make it half chocolate and then share, all the taste and half the calories.
  • amylg05
    amylg05 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Went to Pizza Express last week and had a pepperoni pizza, it was 800+ calories and honestly had no taste! I had to coat it in black pepper and it still sucked! Total waste....and I would never normally regret pizza :D
  • mercurywinks
    mercurywinks Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    ....Star bucks butter beer....its a Whole milk steamer with 3 pumps cinnamon dolce, 3 pumps toffee, 3 pumps caramel and whip cream on the top...so much same....so much nom.
  • summerlovely91
    summerlovely91 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Back when i didnt understand the concept of calories in calories notion, I would have whatever i wanted. And what i regret the most is triple decker pizza from Debonairs. So calorific. One slice of the thing is over 450 calories. Horified now that i know because i'd sometimes have 3-4 slices in one seating. KILL ME NOW!
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    A Tim Horton's donut. A whack of calories and not worth any of them. I used to loooove them. Apparently either my taste or theirs has changed. On the other hand, a fresh donut (or anything else) from our local bakery...All bets are off.

Totally Agree. A few years ago they stopped making them in house. Now they ship them to stores frozen. And its so hard to find a good bakery for donuts.

I had a cookie once and found out after it was over 250 calories. It was a good cookie, but I didn't need those extra calories. I have stayed away from cafeteria style cookies after that, but if coworkers bring in homemade cookies though I am having several. Unless its peanut butter, that stuff gets spit out right away.

Edited to add: Frozen pizzas, I love them if you get the good ones, but not worth the calories. I would rather go out for a pizza. The town I live in has several great pizza places that make it worthwhile to go out and eat those calories
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    The light-as-fluff, disgustingly sweet-frosted mass-produced bakery cake that my workplace gets for work anniversaries, babies, weddings etc. I've never liked it, and I used to just eat it to be sociable. I've no idea of the calories in it, but if it's over 1, it was a waste.

I just decline now. The cake, not the celebration.
  • smc0170
    smc0170 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Not me, but the gal behind me at Chipotle at lunch today. She ordered a burrito with double rice and double cheese with a bag of chips. No meat, no vegetables, no salsa, nothing.

1440 calories for all of that starch. I can't imagine that would fill you up whatsoever.