the worst waste of calories you've eaten?

Options

Replies

• DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Subway's new Flatizza pizza. 490 calories for what tasted like ketchup on tough cardboard. I couldn't even cut it with a knife. Save the trouble and just order a meatball on flatbread, or get the regular deep dish pizza which is really good. Flatizza=major fail!
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    1997, McDonald's "Arch Deluxe." My best friend and I were on a ten hour road trip down to Myrtle Beach. Stopping along the way, I saw a sale on the (soon to be discontinued) Arch Deluxe so I ordered two sandwiches from the drive through for $2.00.

I consumed the first one after about thirty minutes on the freeway, and it was 560 calories of bland, soulless MSG beef happily lubricated with a sad glop of mayonnaise. When I felt my taste buds deaden, I knew that I had made the wrong choice. I choked down a 1-liter "Big Slam" bottle of Pepsi One and drifted off to sleep while my friend Rick continued driving.

Over the next couple hours, dreams of killer clowns tormented me, and the "food" burned my tortured insides with the flames of Hell itself. I awoke in the darkness to a muffled voice coming from a bag in the back seat! "Let me out!!! LET ME OUT!!!" It was the other burger, the one I had chosen/forgotten to eat! In the hours since I had been put into my tortured coma, it had become sentient!

"Get that f$#@*ng EVIL BURGER OUT THE CAR, DUDE!" Rick bellowed! Hammering the "Auto Down" window button, the car was suddenly a swirling vortex of wind and screams! I grabbed the bag and hurled it with all my might out the window, into the countryside of the North Carolinian mountains.

With the window closed, the only sounds were the soft drone of the 5.7 liter LT1 engine, and the tires on the pavement. We had faced the beast and we had prevailed, but at a cost... 560 worthless calories, and a piece of my soul...

To this day, when I now take my family down to the beach, I always get a little nervous going through the Appalachians, because I know that it's still out there, waiting...
  • mghollis
    mghollis Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    1997, McDonald's "Arch Deluxe." My best friend and I were on a ten hour road trip down to Myrtle Beach. Stopping along the way, I saw a sale on the (soon to be discontinued) Arch Deluxe so I ordered two sandwiches from the drive through for $2.00.

I consumed the first one after about thirty minutes on the freeway, and it was 560 calories of bland, soulless MSG beef happily lubricated with a sad glop of mayonnaise. When I felt my taste buds deaden, I knew that I had made the wrong choice. I choked down a 1-liter "Big Slam" bottle of Pepsi One and drifted off to sleep while my friend Rick continued driving.

Over the next couple hours, dreams of killer clowns tormented me, and the "food" burned my tortured insides with the flames of Hell itself. I awoke in the darkness to a muffled voice coming from a bag in the back seat! "Let me out!!! LET ME OUT!!!" It was the other burger, the one I had chosen/forgotten to eat! In the hours since I had been put into my tortured coma, it had become sentient!

"Get that f$#@*ng EVIL BURGER OUT THE CAR, DUDE!" Rick bellowed! Hammering the "Auto Down" window button, the car was suddenly a swirling vortex of wind and screams! I grabbed the bag and hurled it with all my might out the window, into the countryside of the North Carolinian mountains.

With the window closed, the only sounds were the soft drone of the 5.7 liter LT1 engine, and the tires on the pavement. We had faced the beast and we had prevailed, but at a cost... 560 worthless calories, and a piece of my soul...

To this day, when I now take my family down to the beach, I always get a little nervous going through the Appalachians, because I know that it's still out there, waiting...

This ^^^ Awesome. :D Now I'm going to have dreams of an evil burger chasing me through the mountains. But awesome. :D
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah that special McDonald's sandwich that was on the menu when I went to France two years ago. It was horrible for the 500 calories (I wasn't counting calories then but I was still majorly disappointed).

Jello sugar free dulce de leche pudding. Totally reminded me of why I typically hate sugar free stuff (the temptation mousses are ok though). I'm going to throw out the rest of them.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I ate 2 fun dips = 100 calories or so

It's powder! *Poof! But I love it :-)

only 100 calories?! now i need to get some cause that is definately worth it!
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    2 donuts....today
  • deannam315
    deannam315 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The chocolate chip mini muffins (red and white package).

I remember them being so delicious as a little kid and I just ate some a few weeks ago and regretted it immediately
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Most anything from the coffee shop (you know which one) pastry case.

Bush's Pit BBQ Beans. We had some of these over the weekend. Since there were some left over, I packed up a 1/2 cup container for a work meal. Had it for breakfast on Monday morning a week ago and got furious when I realized that I had eaten 170 calories of something I didn't even like. I was expecting 110 or 120 so I didn't mind the extra 50 calories that much but, I could have had a piece of bacon or half a cookie for that! I really got me mad.
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    A slice of pecan pie over Thanksgiving. My husband and his cousin offered it to me. I should have known that there were something up since I was the only one that they gave to eat it. 500 cals for a little piece... It wasn't all that good either... if it was cadbury chocolate, esther price chocolate, pizza I'd understand... but pecan pie... just not worth it. I was doing it to be polite too!
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    funnel cake worth every calorie :love:
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Fast food tastes like baby food to me. Meh. I don't really like restaurant food much either and it's never truly gluten free so I get extra calories and sick (yay).

Most pre-packaged gluten free food tastes like ****. Seriously, it really does. I guess if you have celiac you're missing taste buds too.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    This week end, we went out and I ordered some 'grandma's apple pie'. I have no idea how many calories that was, but it was very disappointing for a homemade pie... didn't taste very apple-y and didn't even really help with my apple pie craving.

Also on the way back from the restaurant I was falling asleep at the wheel and ended up getting some sugar free vanilla cappuccino from Quick Check, figuring I'd save some calories as it was sugar free. Only drank half when I realized it was still horrible, and the aftertaste was awful. I don't know why I keep trying sugar free stuff...
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I think French fries are a colossal waste of calories and they come with so many things in restaurants. It's just a boring old potato in oil that you have to slop something else on to make it palatable.
  • Clendenen49
    Clendenen49 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    5 boxes of cereal in a day . captain crunch berries, cinnamon toast crunch, reese puffs, cinnamon jacks, frosted flakes. once i start i cant stop .
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately it'd have to be Turkey Hill's limited edition Sweet Potato Pecan Pie ice cream. It's only 150 calories per 1/2 cup so it could be way worse, but for how unimpressed I was with it, the 400 calories of it I had was a complete waste. I love sweet potatoes, and pecan pie even more, so my hopes were high (especially falling in love with their Pumpkin Pie flavor and Greek Baklava flavor). It ended up tasting nothing more than soft, vanilla ice cream with hints of pecan DUST. No graham pie crust bits, no pecan bits, no caramel, and only the faintest taste of sweet potato. I would not recommend it :c

Another waste was Dairy Queen's ice cream cake! The small slice I had for my boyfriend's birthday ended up having over 600 calories :o that's the worst thing about birthdays, you're expected to have a slice of cake, and you can never really be "good" about it -.-'
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I wont say "worst" or..."waste"...because it's one of the most amazing foods I've ever eaten.

"Crabby Tots"...tater tots smothered in crab dip and pepperjack cheese. Oh yes...it was foodgasmic.
  • lollipoprincess
    lollipoprincess Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Any blizzard from Dairy Queen.. Always sound good but never have been that great to me.
  • MarissaPalm
    MarissaPalm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    BEST waste - double chocolate chip frappe from starbucks. SO MUCH YES.

WORST waste - fast food. wayyyy too unsatisfying for the amount of calories yet tasty and convenient. damn you drive-thrus!!!
  • StephanieStacker
    StephanieStacker Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree! I hate Quest bars, however, Power Bars aren't terrible.
  • StephanieStacker
    StephanieStacker Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna duck and cover at all the daggers that are sure to come my way, but my most recent waste of calories was a Quest bar. Yuck (tried 4 different flavors). At least I got a bunch of protein from it, but never again. I'd have rather spent that 180/190 on something else.

I agree! I hate Quest bars, however, Power Bars aren't terrible!