OCTOBER 30 Day Shred Group

Options

Replies

• MTDork87
    MTDork87 Posts: 205
    Options
    I'm right there with you Carreen. I hate having to take the break but I know my body needs it. I weigh in tomorrow morning and I'm a little worried but I'm going to try to stay positive no matter what the scale says. The two of us will come back into it and finish strong, I'm here for ya!
  • rbcca19
    rbcca19 Posts: 91
    Options
    Don't worry you guys! Take care of your bodies and get better, then hop right back on the 30 Day Shred wagon! Level 3 seriously kicked my butt this morning. Those sumo jump things HURT! In a good way, of course, but a lot of the moves did hurt. I had a hard time with the ab things at the end. And a lot of other things actually.
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Don't worry you guys! Take care of your bodies and get better, then hop right back on the 30 Day Shred wagon! Level 3 seriously kicked my butt this morning. Those sumo jump things HURT! In a good way, of course, but a lot of the moves did hurt. I had a hard time with the ab things at the end. And a lot of other things actually.

Yes, what she said! Take care of your bodies first, then just get back to it, you can do it!

Level 3, day 3 done! I only have 7 days left! I can't believe it! WOOOOOO!

Those sumo jump things kill me too. And the walking/traveling (whatever the heck she calls them, I can't hear her over my grunting :laugh:) push ups. I also struggle with the side planks at the end, but I try to do at least 10 on each side til I work up to more.
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    wow level three is a challenge....but i like it! i agree the sumo jumps-ouch!...and the travelling push ups and the evil plank up and down thing at the start !! i cant lift my arms for long today ...day 3 today of level three..im proud i kept this up!...im feeling strong :smile:
  • carreen
    carreen Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you Carreen. I hate having to take the break but I know my body needs it. I weigh in tomorrow morning and I'm a little worried but I'm going to try to stay positive no matter what the scale says. The two of us will come back into it and finish strong, I'm here for ya!

Thanks!! I was a little encouraged to be down 0.9 lbs. this morning. It's not much for a week, but I'll take it! At least I didn't completely blow it! You're right..... we WILL finish strong!! :happy:
  • rbcca19
    Options
    Ummmmmmm, ya! Those SUMO's HURT HURT HURT! Or burn, should I say BURN? That seems like a better word...they do hurt.

Does anyone else have a hard time with the plank things where you life the weight and then lift your leg? It isn't that they hurt to do, but my fingers hurt because they're getting crushed under the weights. Am I doing it wrong? If I put my fingers on the outsides of the weights then my wrists hurt...
  • kaffro
    Options
    Ummmmmmm, ya! Those SUMO's HURT HURT HURT! Or burn, should I say BURN? That seems like a better word...they do hurt.

Does anyone else have a hard time with the plank things where you life the weight and then lift your leg? It isn't that they hurt to do, but my fingers hurt because they're getting crushed under the weights. Am I doing it wrong? If I put my fingers on the outsides of the weights then my wrists hurt...

Yeah I feel EVERY SECOND of those sumo thingies!

When I do those plank things, I use 5 lb weights and I have just enough room to not get my fingers crushed. What size weights are you using?
  • rbcca19
    Options

When I do those plank things, I use 5 lb weights and I have just enough room to not get my fingers crushed. What size weights are you using?
    [/quote]

I am using 3 lb weights, but they aren't hard for me. I don't know why I use them. I have 5 lb weights and I will give those a shot! Thanks for the advice. The 3 lb weights crush my fingers
  • kaffro
    Options

I am using 3 lb weights, but they aren't hard for me. I don't know why I use them. I have 5 lb weights and I will give those a shot! Thanks for the advice. The 3 lb weights crush my fingers
    [/quote]

You're welcome :) Hopefully that will solve the finger crushing problem :wink:
  • kaffro
    Options
    wow level three is a challenge....but i like it! i agree the sumo jumps-ouch!...and the travelling push ups and the evil plank up and down thing at the start !! i cant lift my arms for long today ...day 3 today of level three..im proud i kept this up!...im feeling strong :smile:

I like the traveling push ups even though they kinda suck :laugh: but I can feel how much stronger my arms are now compared to in the beginning when I couldn't even do the "girly" push ups. Keep up the good work!!
  • Louise12
    Options
    wow the last five days of the shred..im not sure if i am finding level three any easier but i agree i can do pushups sooo much better than before and i am feeling less wobbly and strong! cant wait to finish it !
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I am done with 22 days of the shred at this point. I hate that I'm behind but am still truckin' along.
    My weight for this week is 189.
    Also, Level 3 is a killer!
    I'll post my measurements after the entire 30 days!!! Keep up the good work everyone :)
  • rbcca19
    Options
    Great job everyone. Sorry I have been MIA for a couple days. I'm still feeling lousy. I was feeling super guilty if I didn't work out, but I decided to take today off. I just need rest. I don't feel well!!

I should be on day 6 today, but I will have to jump back up tomorrow!
  • MTDork87
    Options
    Hey all,
    I'm FINALLY feeling better. It has been the most ridiculous cold EVER. Anyway, as soon as you all start finishing up the shred, send me your measurements! It would be cool to see as a group the total number of inches we've lost. I think I'll start back up tomorrow if I feel 100%. Right now I'm about 80% and I don't wanna jinx it.
  • MTDork87
    Options
    Hello Again!

So if anyone is looking for something new to try for November, I have a small group of people who are committing to starting the Slim in Six program on November 1st. It will be similar to this group in that we will post measurements weekly and I'll be making the chart again (love excel!) and we will be keeping each other motivated through the slim in six program! If you're interested, feel free to message me or just search "Slim in Six starting November 1st" in the forums and you should find us.

Happy shredding!
  • carreen
    carreen Posts: 175 Member
    Options

Careen - congrats on losing 2'' on your hips! Bet you're looking forward to busting through that 200lb mark, huh? Whoo hoo!

Thanks! I am so ready to break 200, but it didn't happen this week. I'm exactly 200.0 again this morning...ugh!!

I did go ahead and measure this morning even though I wasn't able to shred all week and was encouraged to see a loss there.

arm 14.5"
    waist 37.25"
    hips 44"
    thigh 27.25"
    weight 200.0
  • rbcca19
    Options
    I'm sorry people have been sick! YUCK!! FEEL BETTER. And GO US! We shredded it big time, ladies. Almost done!
  • Louise12
    Options
    Ooo last day of shred today!!! And 6 pounds down!!!
  • kaffro
    Options
    I forgot to post my results in this thread.

I took measurements yesterday morning and here are my results:

I weighed myself yesterday, this is not my regular weigh in day, but I wanted a "finish" weight. According to my scale, I have lost 7 lbs since I started the shred. I lost 2 inches in my bust, a 1/4 of an inch on each arm, 4 inches on my waist, 3.5 inches on my hips, and 1 inch off of each thigh!

I am pretty happy with those results! I think I might continue with the shred, but just do a different level every day.

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • rbcca19
    Options
    I forgot to post my results in this thread.

I took measurements yesterday morning and here are my results:

I weighed myself yesterday, this is not my regular weigh in day, but I wanted a "finish" weight. According to my scale, I have lost 7 lbs since I started the shred. I lost 2 inches in my bust, a 1/4 of an inch on each arm, 4 inches on my waist, 3.5 inches on my hips, and 1 inch off of each thigh!

I am pretty happy with those results! I think I might continue with the shred, but just do a different level every day.

Keep up the great work everyone!
    way to go!!!