May 2014 MOVE IT 180-360+ minutes a Week Challenge!!

Options
banana.gif upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif banana.gif MOVE-IT CHALLENGE!!! banana.gif upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif banana.gif
Are you ready to MOVE-IT??!! 2uge4p4.gif[/b]

Summer is right around the corner and we want to be ready to shed these coats and sweaters! This is the perfect time to re-commit or jump start your routine!

What are your fitness goals? Are you still getting in those workouts? Or are you just starting a workout program? Do you need a little more motivation? If so please join us.

We are a group who are committed to doing 180 to 360+ minutes of exercise each week (minimum 180). We count minutes for all types of intentional exercise: aerobics, walking, weight training, strength work, stretching or heavy gardening. You be the judge of whether it's exercise or not.

We're here to support, encourage, and set challenges for ourselves. It's all about intention. If we don't make the 180 to 360+ minutes one week, there's next week to go for it.

The weeks starts every Monday in the month and ends the following Sunday at midnight. Then we start all over again the following Monday for week 2, 3, and 4. (and some months week 5)

Newcomers are always welcome!

If at first you don't succeed, you keep trying...just keep coming back to report progress or non-progress...it doesn't matter...it keeps us accountable and that's how we commit to healthy lifestyles. It is a chance to meet new friends and encourage one another along the way.

You can use the form below OR make up your own. So who's in for Week #1,2,3, or 4 sometimes 5??

Week # 1 – May 5th -- Goal 180 minutes:

Mon:
Tue:
Wed:
Thur:
Fri:
Sat:
Sun:

Total / min left: 0 / 180

Replies

• hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I'm in again! I've been doing 325 minutes per week - sometimes I'm way over, and sometimes... uhhhhhh... don't quite make it - so I think I'm going to leave it at 325 minutes per week again this month and if I can hit it every week, I'll up the challenge in June.
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I'm in again for May. I need to think about my goal- I'm planning to start some strength training and will decide how much time I'm willing to commit to that aspect each week and then add that to my walking/running time. And, I should probably increase my walking/running time since I was able to go over goal each week because of extra time spent moving each weekend... hmmm- lots to think about! This is a great challenge- most of my other challenges are for distance or steps. This challenge helps me be more mindful of the actual time I deliberately MOVE!
  • vixx1405
    vixx1405 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Im in have just started running and weight training again can always use some extra motivation week two may not be as good though as im in Dublin and wont be able to log without it costing me a bomb on my phone!!! Im on 250ish at the moment however i don't log my walking as my fit-bit does it for me and it gets confusing. Maybe i can add those minutes on without confusing it somehow
  • Taymay48
    Taymay48 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Taymay48
    Options
    I would like to join the challenge. My goal for week 1 (May 5 - May 11) is 180 minutes of cardio and I want to throw in a separate goal for strength training - 3 times a week.
  • positive2015
    positive2015 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Will want to start month of May 5th with 180 minutes.
  • nygrl4evr
    nygrl4evr Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am in! I really need to back into exercising more as I have gotten lazy recently. Will start out with 180 for the first and hopefully will do more! Let's do this!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options
    I'm in again for May. I need to think about my goal- I'm planning to start some strength training and will decide how much time I'm willing to commit to that aspect each week and then add that to my walking/running time. And, I should probably increase my walking/running time since I was able to go over goal each week because of extra time spent moving each weekend... hmmm- lots to think about! This is a great challenge- most of my other challenges are for distance or steps. This challenge helps me be more mindful of the actual time I deliberately MOVE!
    Awesome Queen!! Keep up the good work!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I would like to join the challenge. My goal for week 1 (May 5 - May 11) is 180 minutes of cardio and I want to throw in a separate goal for strength training - 3 times a week.
    Good to see you back TayMay48!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I'm in again! I've been doing 325 minutes per week - sometimes I'm way over, and sometimes... uhhhhhh... don't quite make it - so I think I'm going to leave it at 325 minutes per week again this month and if I can hit it every week, I'll up the challenge in June.

Good job last month Hkristine1!! You don't have to hit goal every time. The goal is to be and stay mindful of moving more!! Keep up the good work!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Week # 1 – May 5th -- Goal 180 minutes:

Mon:
    Tue:
    Wed:
    Thur:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

Total / min left: 0 / 180
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Are you ready to MOVE-IT??!! 2uge4p4.gif This challenge starts Monday!
  • Taymay48
    Options
    I'm so glad to be back Molly! I have got to get off this yo-yo that I've been on.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
  • MagnaSky
    MagnaSky Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I can use the motivation and support.
    Week # 1 – May 5th -- Goal 250 minutes:

Mon:
    Tue:
    Wed:
    Thur:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

Total / min left: 0 / 250
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Thanks for doing this, Molly. I think it will give me the encouragement I need to get back on track.

Week # 1 – May 5th -- Goal 225 minutes:

Mon:
    Tue:
    Wed:
    Thur:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

Total / min left: 0 / 225
  • gleah1
    gleah1 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Week 1: May 5th Goal 400 Minutes
    Mon:
    Tues:
    Wed:
    Thur.:
    Fri.:
    Sat.:
    Sun:

Min Remaining
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
  • suejoker
    suejoker Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm back in for May! I'm going to continue my winning combo of yoga/walking/dancing and do as much of Jillian Michaels Killer ABS Level 1 as I can, 3x/wk. Let's do this!

Week #1— May 5th—Goal: 420 minutes/Actual:/Calories Burned:

Mon:
    Tue:
    Wed:
    Thu:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun: