Slim in Six starting November 1st

Options
Hey everyone!

My fitness buddy and I are starting the slim in six program on November first. If you are interested in joining us and helping to keep motivation up through the six week period, post the measurements for your arms, waist, hips, and thighs as well as your current weight! I'll be creating a chart and updating it weekly as people lose inches and pounds, and these measurements will count as "starting" measurements. I did this for a 30 day shred group and it was really motivating. So, if you want to try the slim in six program with a few motivated ladies who will keep you accountable and losing inches and weight, feel free to post starting measurements!

Also, in case anyone doesn't know, the Slim in Six program is through beachbody and it is with Debie Sieber. It's a group of DVDs and goes on for six weeks to tone every part of your body and give you some cardio. I've found the DVDs on amazon.com for cheap and can also be found wherever fitness DVDs are sold.

Here are my starting stats!

Waist: 28.25''
Hips: 34.5''
Thigh: 19.75''
Arm: 11''
Weight: 135.5

Replies

• DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Do I post the measurements on here or send it to you in a message?
  • kriegs86
    Options
    Hey! I'd love to join. This sounds like a great way to stay motivated. I started Slim in Six and liked it but I didn't stick with it -- maybe this time with some help :-)

Waist: 27.5''
    Hips: 41.5''
    Thigh: 24.75''
    Arm: 11.5''
    Weight: 154.6
  • MTDork87
    MTDork87 Posts: 205
    Options
    DangerRanger - you can post em here if you're comfortable, but otherwise you can send em to me, whatever!

Kriegs- Great to have you on board! Hopefully we'll all help each other make it through
  • Truhvn
    Truhvn Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join you guys. I actually did my first (well not my first bc I've tried to start it before) Start it Up the day before yesterday and I'd appreciate some motivators and someone to keep me accountable, other than myself! I have the DVD's but I can't remember the rotation of the different levels. Can someone post those for me so I can keep try to keep up with everyone?!

Measurements...err...here we go (It's the first time I've measured or posted them!)
    Arm: 13.5"
    Waist: 39"
    Hips: 47"
    Thigh: 26"
    Weight: 175
  • MTDork87
    Options
    Truhvn - Good to have you!

42 days counting rest days = 6 weeks

Daily Schedule
    Days 1-6 Start it Up
    Day 7 Rest
    Days 8-13 Ramp it Up
    Day 14 Rest
    Days 15-20 Ramp it Up
    Day 21 Rest
    Days 22 - 27 Burn it Up
    Day 28 Rest
    Days 29 - 34 Burn it Up
    Day 35 Rest
    Days 36 - 41 Burn it Up
    Day 42 Rest
  • Truhvn
    Options
    Thanks MTDork87! Ugh...I haven't mastered and don't forsee mastering squats anytime soon. Debbie says "once you get it, you GET it!" but I've been working on getting it for a long while and it hasn't happened yet. So I'm nervous that there's only one week of Start it Up. I will try to do my best though!
  • kriegs86
    Options
    I am totally with you Truhvan! Those squats are difficult and I never feel that I'm doing them right :ohwell:
  • MTDork87
    Options
    Well hopefully with all of us together we can battle those squats :-)
  • MTDork87
    Options
    Good afternoon lovely slim-ers! Only a few more days until we get started! Can't wait! If you know of any friends who want a supportive group to help them through slim in six and keep accountable as the holidays approach, point them in the direction of the group! I love a small but committed group of people, but I also love meeting new people as well so spread the word!
  • carlita231
    Options
    I'm a little late to the party..Really looking forward to starting this workout today!

I'll post my measurements this evening when I get home!! Can't wait to get started!
  • carlita231
    Options
    Ok, here are my measurements:

Waist: 32.50"
    Hips: 42.00"
    Arms: 11.00"
    Thighs: 23.50"
    Weight: 177.6 lbs

Haven't worked out in about 2 weeks and I really felt it tonight. I can't believe how wobbly I felt after this workout..lol Those squats are a lot of work!! Looking forward to the results in 6 weeks. How did everyone else survive the first workout?
  • Truhvn
    Options
    I didn't want to do it...

but I did!

Got my work out in a little late in the day, but better late than never right? I got through the whole of Start it Up without stopping. I modified my squats a bit to be able to do them and I did my sqauts while standing in front of the huge arm of my love seat so it could serve as a back board for my rear to keep me in the upright position!!! I was sweaty and thankful that 25 minutes didn't last longer.

My one lb losses here or there are keeping me motivated and I'm glad for it because I really just wanted to go to bed! Here's to hoping I don't walk like a duck in the next couple days because of my sore thighs!

Hope everyone else was able to get day 1 of Start it UP in!!!!:bigsmile:
  • MTDork87
    Options
    Hello lovely people! Hope all went well with the first day of slim in six! Whoo hoo! Here's a sweet chart for us!

aov9C.png

It's cute and little now, but if people want to jump in with us at some point, we can add. Or we can stay strong with our awesome little group! If if stays just us, I'll flip the axis around and put in our weekly updates so we can see exactly how much we've lost weekly! It you can send me updates any time during the weekend, I'll make sure to post them Monday afternoon / Tuesday morning every week. So excited to start!
  • MTDork87
    Options
    I really like how low impact Start it up is. I LOVE the reverse crunches! I can really feel it working without the strain in my neck that comes with regular crunches. And I can feel it targeting my lower abs which is the area I'd most like to tone. I also really love the timers and the fact that the music isn't obnoxious. Once I get used to it, I can see that I'll be able to mute it and put my own music on. It always helps me through when I can jam to my own stuff :-)

Congrats on the first step guys! Keep it up!
  • Truhvn
    Options
    That chart is great!!! Thanks for getting that together. Would you change my starting weight to 172...that is what I weighed in at yesterday morning and I'd like to see what SI6 does for my body!

I still hate squats...
  • carlita231
    Options
    The chart is definitely awesome - great work! My thighs are somewhat sore today from exercising last night.. Gotta love that soreness, means that you are doing something right!!

I like the count down timer as well, not crazy about the beeping part once you have completed a section. I will definitely be bumping my own music once I've gotten use to the routine.
  • Truhvn
    Options
    Made it through day 2!!!!
    Even though I'm waiting until 9:30pm to do it (kids to bed first!) I'm loving the weight loss I've already been seeing with watching what I eat and excersizing more frequently that I just couldn't wait to get to it tonite because I WANT to see MORE weight loss and inch shrinkage!!!!! Those lunges suck...it will be a long while before my knee gets anywhere near the floor. But I'll keep trying! The squats still suck but suprisingly a bit.,...and I mean a very little, but noticeable bit...easier. And I can still feel my abs contracting...yay!

Good luck everyone! Keep it up!!!
  • MTDork87
    Options
    Truhvn - my butt hurts sooo much from those things lol. Do you feel like you are doing them "right"? I know you were concerned. I think the main thing that helps me is keeping my weight back in my heals and literally pointing my butt in the direction of the wall and focusing on that above all else. Then I KNOW I'm feeling the burn in the right place. It's certainly sore :-)

Stay with it guys!
  • Truhvn
    Options
    MTDork...I have no idea if I'm doing them right!!! But I do like you, I make sure my butt is sticking out towards that wall and keep on keeping on!!! I think I'm getting better at them, I'm just trying to make sure I'm not leaning too much forward. The funny thing is that I don't feel like I'm doing the lunges or squats right, but if I stop and look over at myself it actually resembles what they are doing on the screen. For instance those stupid lunges. I said I'd never reach the floor with my knee and I never felt like I was getting anywhere close, but when I stopped in the lunge position, and bent over sideways to see where my knee was it was actually quite closer to the floor than I thought!!

My quads were burning while I was working out. But the soreness lets me know I'm doing SOMETHING!!!!

Way to go for those who completed DAY THREE!!! For those who didn't...don't give up keep going!!!
  • MTDork87
    Options
    Decided to jam to my own tunes today and it worked really well. I had to listen to the DVD when it got to abs / push up time because I can't see the screen from my floor (hazards of working out in a small NYC apartment) but it was nice to be able to zen a little for the 25 mins before that. It's only like 5 songs long too so it seemed to go by really quickly. I also realized that I need to get resistance bands for Monday... hopefully if I order from amazon tonight they will get here in time... unless I can find them in a store around here.

Anywho, hope everyone is staying positive as we wrap up the week of start it up!