Slim in Six starting November 1st

Options

Replies

• abtropix
    abtropix Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    And by the way, MTDork87, great picture!!! Hope to see you on the big screen soon! :)
  • Truhvn
    Truhvn Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Ugh....I really need one of those mats so my knees dont keep digging into the carpet (guess it's better than concrete!)! And please someone tell me exactly how you remain balanced when you are on all fours?! It looks like everyone is just going to town and I'm struggling to keep my left foot from crossing into the right lane of my body!! I couldn't make it all the way through that sequence, but I' m working on it! Wasn't so sore today...like I thought I'd be.....is it coming tomorrow?!?!? I hope not!

Debbie can suck my big toe. Just kidding...kind of.

But really, how does she know exactly when to place those moves where you stretch out the muscle you've just worked to death? Like doing those knee ups arm ups right after the "leg lunge press and hold for four thing" cuz I really am saying, "Oh my gosh I can't do anymore my leg will fall off and I will collapse, right after I murderlize you" and then she says "Alright stretch it out knee ups arm ups" and all is forgiven....how does she do it?!

Pray for me ladies...I've had sick kiddos going on four days, first the three yr old then the 10 yr old...I'm hoping I have mommy immunity because I've been eating healthy and exercising!!! I dont know how apt I'll be to seeing Debbie after I've had my head in the toilet.
    Way to keep the energy up Abtropix! Hope you're feeling much better MTDORk!
  • abtropix
    Options
    Yeah, I have a matt and really helps on all 4s. What about the last leg exercise when after doing "extend & release", and "straight leg & down", and then "flex the foot and curl", THEN "push up & downs"!!!! That part is one of the toughest for me, when you have done all those exercises and then have to continue with pushing your heels to the ceiling! The amazing part of Debbie that I've always wondered about is how can she talk, smiling, while doing the workout! I have my tongue out and gasping for air pretty much after 10 minutes!
    I wasn't able to do the video today - sorry! Headed up for tennis with a friend for 1 1/2 hrs and then stayed playing, slamming the ball, with a teacher for another 1 1/2 hr. After 3 continuos hrs of running back & forth and giving it my all, couldn't come home for another hr with Slim in 6. Plus, didn't have the time! But tomorrow for sure!
    Hey, Truhvn, you've lost 11 lbs!!! Good for you! Keep pealing them off!
    Talk to you later!
  • MTDork87
    MTDork87 Posts: 205
    Options
    Abtropix - I'm on Ramp it up and I think I'm FINALLY getting the hang of the floor portion. Good to know that I'll have it to look forward to in Burn it up as well :-P But thank you for the motivation! It's nice to see those results are realistic. I'd love to get my bikini body in December - somehow that seems more awesome in my mind. Then I'll have it as soon as it gets warm enough for those tanks and tees! Oh and I'm more a theater kid, but who knows? Maybe film will be my ultimate calling. Oh, and congrats on the awesome tennis workout! If I was any good or had any place to play, I'd be all over that! As for now, I'm a soccer kid :-)

Truhvn - I use a towel and it helps me a lot because I have all hardwood floors. Try that on top of your carpet before investing in a mat. Hmm how to stay balanced... I think I focus on keeping my elbows a good distance apart (they sneak together sometimes in favor of the working side and pitch me over a bit) and keeping my abs engaged. With a strong core, it should be easier to stay up. Hope that helps! And I hope hope hope that you are staying healthy. I couldn't escape the cold of the kids I've been sitting for, but hopefully you can stay away from whatever stomach thing your little ones have. Yuck!

Today was the first time I did the whole resistance band portion without rest! Whoo hoo! It felt good! Also, here's a stupid story but I'm going to tell it anyway :-P. So the ab portion starts and I lie on my back and focus on the ceiling as instructed and I see across the room a tiny bug crawling on the ceiling. Now, I HATE bugs and I HATE things on my face so naturally I get a little nervous. But I'm on back, crunching it out and I think, 'well, at least I'm focusing on the ceiling and keeping good form' as I watch this sucker crawl towards me. I'm thinking, with my luck, as soon as he gets close enough to be right over my face, he's going to fall. And sure enough, just as it gets to the double crunches, some sweep of gravity overcomes the bug RIGHT ON MY FACE. I flipped out. My poor roommate thought I was dieing and then proceeded to just laugh at me (sometimes it sucks living with boys) as I shouted out him "Is it on me!? Is it on me!?" I feel I have to explain that I'm actually quite the tough tom boy but I've never ever been able to deal with bugs. Gore? Sure. Blood? No problem. Vomit? Poop? Mud? Don't think twice. But bugs. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKK.

Ok. I'm going to shower. Firstly because I'm sweaty from the workout. Secondly because I feel like the bug is hiding on me somewhere still....
  • abtropix
    Options
    Hahahaha! Funny story about the bug! Besides these DVD's, do you play soccer regularly as well?
    To be honest, I only use the resistance bands in the first 2 exercises (rows and biceps) and then use small weights. The bands are a bit uncomfortable when you have to stretch them from the floor all the way up! They get tanggled in my hair, I lose my balance and my watch ended up all scratched! So I switch to weights...
    Tomorrow I have tennis lessons and a match with a friend. I hope I find the time to do the video!
    Talk to you later!
  • abtropix
    Options
    Didn't get to the DVD again... I just love tennis and I kept going until I had no more time for anything but work & kids! For sure tomorrow!!! Burn it up and some elliptical machine... I'll keep you posted! When do we need to measure ourselves again???
  • MTDork87
    Options
    abtropix - hey, if you are burning those calories, who cares what you're doing! Keep being a tennis all star! I don't play soccer regularly, though I tried to join a league this year, the friend who I was doing it with backed out and I lost my nerve. I'm much better at staying committed to things in groups (hence, this group) - I find it easy to let myself down but nearly impossible to let down others.

Yesterday my boyfriend came home from work with surprise tickets to a show and offering to take me out to dinner. I hadn't done the DVD yet and I wavered pretty hard but I thought of you all and said "Ok, you get ready, I'll be ready for dinner in 40 mins" and did the DVD before we left. I'm pretty sure I even stayed fairly close to my calories as well. We went to a healthy restaurant down the street called "Hummus Kitchen" which I'm obsessed with and I had a Mediterranean chopped salad which is literally cucumbers, tomatoes and onions chopped up really small and sprinkled with a light balsamic mixture. The portions are amazing (another reason I love the place) and I had their seasonal soup (carrot and coconut - amazing) and only had half. Then I splurged and had about 3.5 glasses of sangria. It was so worth it. I was really proud of myself for doing the DVD and making good choices at dinner. Today we're meeting a friend for brunch so hopefully I can stay just as true to my calories. I also have a really busy busy day and it'll be a challenge to fit in the DVD but I'll do it! I can't let you all down!

Keep up the good work everyone, and don't forget to send me updates any time this weekend. I'll post Monday night / Tuesday morning depending on when I get the most info to post!

Happy weekend!
  • abtropix
    Options
    Congrats on doing the DVD and choosing healthy options at dinner. I'll think of you in a few hrs... Going out with husband and good friends to a wine bar (love wine!)... I'll try to make good decisions on dinner, thanks to you, MTDork87!
    I'll send my stats Monday morning (hopefully I can burn out tonight's wine!). Talk to you later!
  • Truhvn
    Options
    You guys are doing so great!! Have to say I came down with whatever the kids had and have been out of commission for a day and a half so now apparently I must feed myself to replenish because I haven't been watching what I eat very much today. I hit the dvd at half speed. Debbie was literaly saying, "Are you joking me?! I know you can do more push ups and squats than that! Put some oomph into it girl!" So I will be waiting to measure until tmw after I can hopefully get a good work out in, even though I know it wont make a difference between one day to the next, but I'll feel better about myself so it won't matter!
    Hey, if I look at what I ate for the week then I'm balancing out because I can't for the life of me hit my calories with exercise when I'm feeling 100% and eating healthy!

I'll get a good nights sleep and hit it again tmw. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • MTDork87
    Options
    Abtropix - Thanks! I love wine too! But I've heard that red wine and sangria are among the healthiest alcoholic options and if I'm going to do it... well, at least I'll do it healthy! Brunch actually wasn't bad either (had an amazing exotic fruit bonanza) but Sunday's are my hardest as I chase three kids around all day and end up just snacking on what they have. I'm sure I stay within my calories but I have no idea what to add. It's hard to know if I'm way under, close to over, or what!

Truhvn - First order of business is to get yourself better! And Debbie would feel that way too, I'm certain!

The weekend was crazy but I've enjoyed my day off. I think this week I'll alternate Ramp it up with the Ab alternative because I'm getting a little bored and the only part that really challenges me anymore is the abs anyway so hopefully it'll help me get through the week to Burn it up. What am I saying, of course I'll make it, I have you all to stay accountable to! I did my measurements today and was quite pleased but I'll leave you all in suspense until I post the chart - incentive for you all to get me your updates! :-) I'm going to go watch "Supersize Me." I haven't seen it but I'll let you all know what I think. I've never eaten fast food so it's fun to see what it would be like to eat it all the time. Happy weekend, stay healthy and stay motivated!
  • abtropix
    Options
    Hi! Ended up at the wine bar and with the excuse of waiting for our friends to come, we ordered some scotch in the meantime... More scotch, a bit more, some more....6 hours later: some champaign! We were celebrating our friends 17 yr anniversary and we were 10 friends having tons of fun. I did try to make good food decisions, but we only ordered appetizers, so it was little. I stayed away from the seafood stew which is fabulous, but made with cream and ordered some smoked salmon with capers and few toast. Filled up with some bread with good olive oil :( But I had exercised a lot on Saturday, so I figured I could afford it. Although let me tell you, I had my good share of drinks! Sunday had nothing for breakfast in the house, so we ended up having McDonald's (hate it, especially for breakfast!). I don't like eggs or pancakes, so ended up having 2 of the most greasy, yucky hash browns, but I was starving and needed a little fat (but it was too much). Besides that, I think I was OK for the rest of the day but didn't track it down. So today I start all over again...
    My stats: same, same, same - they are all the same except for my weight! I'm at 126 today. My measurements are exactly the same. My jeans fit the same, I think I look the same, but at least I feel a little less bloated... I think I'm toning up a little...
    "Super size me" is an eye opener! My 13 yr old daughter watched it in school and was very impressed. She still has her burgers and like McD's, but I think she's a little bit more aware.
    Talk to you later!:smile:
  • abtropix
    Options
    When do you start Burn it Up??? The ab 10 min workout is great! I love it!
  • Truhvn
    Options
    Alright, since I didn't do jack squat last week I was expecting to see crappy poo poo results...but here it is...

Wt. 170
    arms 13.5"
    Waist 37.5" (I actually measured 36.5 but that doesn't sound right at all and I didn't recheck at the time so I will check again tonight after work...crossing my fingers)
    hips 43.5"
    thigh 25.5"

So what lesson have I learned? That once you start kicking up your metabolism and making better choices and including at least SOME excersize...that those times when you can't/don't eat good and exercise that it's not the end of the world or your progress!! YAY!!!

I'm going to try really hard to get back at it tonight. One more week of ramp it up to go. and I'm no where near burn it up ready!
  • abtropix
    Options
    Truhvn - great job, even with your downfall!!! Keep it up! Burn it up is tough, but just go at your own pace... I'm started to get a little bit bored by it just because I've done it so many times I know it by heart. Every time I do it, the exercises seem to be easier and my muscles don't hurt as much. "Keep pushing past the burn" Debbie says on all 4s... Now the burn is just a flame, not a full force fire! I try to do it with some other music and the timer on the screen helps me out a lot! Enjoy your last week of Ramp it Up! But it's a great feeling when you're sore the next day! Just a reminder of how great you did!
  • MTDork87
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! Just posting the chart really quickly and I'll be back later tonight to write more I'm sure. Basically, you all rock. That's it! :-)

Sj2oG.png
  • Truhvn
    Options
    Okay so I was right...37.5" for my waist sounded too good to be true! It turns out I was not paying attention when I was measuring cuz I WAS LOOKING IN THE MIRROR...not 36.6 but 39.5, err...but that is actually 38.5 because my measuring tape is missing an inch! SO STILL .5" lost (MTDork, can ya fix it sometime?!)

Well, I'm off to trudge through Burn it up even though I just wanna sleep.

BTW, I just had a great snack thought I'd share...got it out of Biggest Loser cookbook.
    1/2 cup lowfat or nonfat cottage cheese
    1/4 cup no sugar added spaghetti sauce (I used Ragu Tomato and Basil)
    1 tsp reduced fat grated parmesean cheese
    handfull of fresh spinach...
    the recipe actually calls for 1/4 cup lowfat shredded mozzerella cheese and no spinach...but I wanted more zing less fat in my cheese and some greens added! I zapped the cottage cheese, parm, and sauce in the microwave for 30 sec, then threw in the spinach and covered it and zapped for another 30. Taste just like lasagna without all the carbs, only 135 calories!!!
  • MTDork87
    Options
    Truhvn - I fixed it on my excel document so next time I post it'll be with the updates. I tried to just edit the post I already did but apparently after a certain amount of time MFP doesn't let you edit your posts. And that recipe looks delicious. I have nothing in the house at the moment so I need to go shopping and when I do I'll definitely pick up the ingredients and let you know what I think!

abtropix - I feel that way about ramp it up right now. It doesn't really challenge me anymore and I'm getting bored so the motivation to do it is harder to come by.

Yesterday I did the ab workout and I liked it, but I wish it would have had a little more of the lower ab exercises I love from Ramp it up. I did my own when I had finished and some push-ups for good measure. Anyway, I'll force myself to Ramp it up today - only 5 more days of it, I'm sure I can make it through. Also, congrats on those inches and pounds everyone! We're a pretty stellar group!

My boyfriend and I baked last night because I was way under calories (even without thinking of the calories burned in the ab workout and the 5 miles I ran) and my boyfriend LOVES sweets. I found a recipe for Maple Cookies that actually isn't too terrible - about 90 calories and cookie and they are pretty big. Here's the link in case anyone wants to try it (they are very Thanksgiving-y as well)

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/maple-cookies/Detail.aspx

I'd recommend halving the recipe to avoid the 50 extra cookies I have in my kitchen now. Haha I'm making my boyfriend take those into work this afternoon. Out of the house!

Stay motivated and moving everyone!
  • abtropix
    Options
    Thanks for the stats, MTDork87! I'm motivated but not extremely excited... I wanted my body to have changed a bit, but I guess I've been cheating too much as well...

And thanksTruhvn for the recipe. Will try!
  • MTDork87
    Options
    Decided to work out early today since I have the freedom. Right up until Thanksgiving I'm pretty booked (I think my only day off between now and then is this Saturday!) so I'm hoping that I'll be able to find the 40 mins a day! Doing the slim earlier did help it become a little more exciting. I used new music, tried doing real push ups instead of knees bent ones and used 8 lb weights instead of 5. That kicked my butt pretty good.

Also, for the first time today, I looked at myself naked, like REALLY looked, and I flexed my abs and I actually saw some definition. I just about screamed out loud. I'm completely happy with my inches lost so far but seeing that was much more rewarding than anything else since I started slim in six. So exciting!

Have a wonderful day!
  • abtropix
    Options
    Yeah, I know! When I did the program a few yrs ago and was really into it for a full 4-5 wks, I did see the change in my body. I felt really fit, defined, no wobbly skin, feeling great in a bikini, clothes all fit very loose (maybe too much - but I felt great!). So keep pushing play everyone; we'll get there!
    I didn't have the time to do it today, and I don't know if I can fit it in tomorrow, but will definitely have a great workout on my bike ride. Then a little tennis match, which I really hope to win (this one counts!) and hopefully, if I beat this other girl quick, I can do the S in 6... If not, it'll be Thurs...
    Keep it up!