Slim in Six starting November 1st

Options

Replies

• MTDork87
    MTDork87 Posts: 205
    Options
    Happy Hanukkah!!!!!!

That being said, there is nothing healthy about potato latkas but you know what, it's Hanukkah! So I'm definitely over today. And I didn't have time to do the slim but it was for good reason - they LOVED me at the audition!!!! So excited! No word on if I got the part yet but I should know by the end of the week. But it was really nice getting such positive feedback. So by the time I got home and cooked up the latkas and lit the candles and played guitar so my boyfriend could sing silly Hanukkah songs over the phone to our parents, it was too late for slimming and my back still kind of hurts so I think I'll take today off. No worries, I'll be back in it tomorrow!

Unrelated but kind of a bummer - I got a REALLY bad steam burn. It might be blistering over which I believe makes it second degree? It was a rough night last night. I was in too much pain to sleep much. Thank goodness it's better now but it looks nasty. It was sad.

Anyway, I have to go because we're opening presents and I got my boyfriend a video game he's going to want to play for the rest of the night and want my company, I'm sure.

Keep it up though everyone! You all rock!
  • abtropix
    abtropix Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    thx for the recipe! Def will try soon! Sounds REAL easy!

I wasn't able to fit in BIU today and was really hoping I could. Did the first 25 mins and had to go and pick up my daughter from school. Came back and did another 10-12 mins where I left off and had to help my son for a test. Then had to leave and now I'm all showered and ready for bed. I did 45 mins elliptical plus 1 hr tennis lesson, so I'm fine with calories, but I wanted the Slim so I could tone up a bit... Tomorrow will be hard because I have my daughter's presentation in school all morning, but I'll try my best. I won't play tenis tomorrow because of this (remember on Thurs I ususally play for 3 hrs) and wasn't able to go cycling with hubby today since it's been raining since the early morning. We'll see what I can do tomorrow.

MTDork - WHAT HAPPENED????? Keep us posted!!!! Can't wait to hear from you!

Truhvn - is it true about your weight loss AGAIN! WOW that's awsome!!!!

April - keep going strong

Daisy - where are you?

Nighty night!
  • Truhvn
    Truhvn Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I too will be missing Slim tonight! I'm the leader for my 9 year old's Girl Scout troop and we spent 2 hours tonight sewing Christmas stocking caps and writing letters to Santa for the Girl Scout float in parade on Saturday ...and it took every last minute and then some. It took every bit of me and two other adults to keep our six 9-11yr olds focused!!! I'm exhausted!! So we swung by and got McDonalds...which I really didn't want to do, but I went for grilled chicken, no mayo, 1/2 bun...(and a grilled chicken wrap no cheese)...not great, but better than an Angus mushroom and swiss and fries....which I REALLY wanted....I don't eat fast food much anymore, but I did use to love all of it and any of it once upon a time. Now a days I'd rather fix my own stuff so I know exactly what's going in it and can try to make it as healthy as possible...still...I hate those time crunches and quick fixes.

Abtropix-Yes, the weight keeps coming off!!! I think it's coming off of those areas I'm NOT measuring because I don't quite feel confident enough to go down a pant size. But I CAN zip my coat and not feel squashed in it! I can't wait to get a digital scale so I can make sure I"m being accurate....when I saw that 165, I reweighed myself like three times!!! my rings are about to fall off, my face isn't as chubby, and my saddle bags are almost gone...all areas I'm not measuring but I can tell a bit of difference.

Landry - I'm gonna try that one...it's a pity though I don't think I will find any bok choy around these parts.

April-keep it up girl!!!

MtDork - Happy Hannukah to you! I don't know much about the traditions, but I smiled when I read about your boyfriend singing silly songs to your parents and latkas sound yummy. Let us know as soon as you hear something about the play....I've got my fingers and toes crossed!!!

Going to bed early with the kids....sleeping all in one bed tonight...the kids love it when we do that, and to tell ya the truth I kinda like it too. :) (until they steal all the covers)
  • aprilfit
    aprilfit Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Week 2- Day 1

Ramp it up
    No weights
    Intensity 7

Worked 10 hours. Lot's of walking on hard pavement. My feet were SORE when I got home.
    Worked out anyway.

I remembered the problem I have with Ramp it up. My knees absolutely can not take the floor work.
    I used to modify by standing and bending over a bench. it was too much effort to get that set up so I did the cardio portion twice and subbed in some dancing for the second set of plies (cause my thighs were crying by then).
    Not bad for my first time back to RIU
    Tomorrow I'll have the bench ready and do the leg work that way.

landry1- Thanks for the recipe. I love soups. Ideally I'm wheat free but if it's really good I cheat sometimes.

Truhvn- Now I'm feeling your pain. Good luck hiding the presents.

MTDork - Was there sour cream involved :tongue: Take care of that burn.

Abtropix- way to go with the calories burn

Measurements tomorrow am.

exercise.png
  • MTDork87
    Options
    Abtropix - Hope your daughter's presentation went well! Keep on keeping on with all that tennis! I'm so jealous it's nice enough to do outdoor sports all year where you are!

Landry - Awesome job getting through BIU. It's not too bad at all and I know you'll kick it's butt! Keep it up! And thanks so much for the recipe! I'll definitely be trying it soon and I'll report back. My boyfriend and I love our soups!

April - AWESOME weight in! It's not pretty good, it's REALLY good. And great job working out when you were tired. I love the feeling when you make a good choice like that! Keep on killing Ramp it up! You're doing awesome! Oh, and I love your ticker for the Slim.

Truhvn - I love the stories about your kids. The Xmas present thing is hilarious, I'm sure your little one won't remember anything. And just picturing you guys trying to keep all those scouts occupied... you must have been EXHAUSTED. And I'm sure your kids ADORE sleeping all in one bed. It's probably the cutest thing I've EVER heard. Keep the stories coming!

So I haven't heard anything from the theater yet but I'm not giving up hope. Even if I don't get this particular show, I really like that theater and everyone was so nice so they'll see my face again and again until they cast me in something! I'm not one for giving up. I also have a big audition for a job at a theater all spring next weekend so I'm setting my sights on preparing for that as well. But being little Red Riding Hood would be awesome. As soon as I know, I'll let you know!

Oh, and a happy surprise this morning, I weighed in just to see the Latke damage and I was down .8 lbs! That's almost an ENTIRE lb. That doesn't happen to me anymore in such a short span. I was floored. It made my ticker move so my little runner is in the flowery section of the background and that's how I feel even though it's gross and rainy out - like I'm in the middle of a meadow of flowers. Plus seeing that I have three lbs left is ridiculous. My goal is to get there by New Years. With you all and Debbie at my side, I think I'll make it :-)

My back still hurts a bit but I don't want to take off from slimming today so I'll just have to be extra careful. And my burn is looking much better - no blistering yet so I think it is safe to say that it is a first degree burn which means I can more or less leave it alone. Which is great because my new insurance doesn't kick in until the new year. I NEED to have a safe December!

Alright, I'm off. I PROMISE, if I hear anything about the show, I'll post ASAP. Thanks for all your warm support and wishes, you guys are amazing. Tonight is matzo ball soup night (tradition in my family for the second night of Hanukkah) which is much healthier than latkes so my body will be happier. Happy slimming!
  • abtropix
    Options
    Sooo funny about your kids Truhvn! I know the feeling! I've been shaking stuff like that off my chest for a few yrs now; I've done my share. And yes, it's amazing to see you're dropping lbs like if they were melting! Great job! It's great when your clothes aren't as tight!

MTDork - please do keep us posted on your acting and have a Happy Hanukkah with all your family traditions. 3 lbs is just a few wks away!!!! You'll get there!!!

April - do as many adaptations as you need but keep going with the program and your motivation.

My daughter's presentation was very nice, thx. I got up at 5 am to do 45 mins on the elliptical so I could take my son to school at 6 (math tutoring), get back take shower and take my daughters to school at 7. Now that was it for exercise today. I usually burn more calories and try to do more, but now I'm all showered, blow dried my hair and to be honest with you, I'm tired. Friday is my tennis lesson, so I'll fin the Slim before that!

Oh, and by the way, lost 1 lb of the 2 I gained back on the weekend and because of TOM.

Keep it up!
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hello all

I am having quite a stressful time at the moment. I have to do loads for uni and life in general likes to throw things at me....that is why I sometime don't find the time to post.....

I did exercise today again and did RIU again. It is still a little challenging but no were near to what it was at the beginning. My back is so much better though. As you said too I agree that it is the standing ab work and the squats. I was really watching my form but it still hurt. I will give it another go next week and see..

My weigh in went ok. As expected really. When you indulge you have to pay the price. So I was up a pound. I am ok with that though as I had a lovely time and that was worth it :smile:

Mtdork: Happy Hanukkah! And I am glad to hear your audition went well! I have my fingers crossed for you! I always wanted to be an actress! Let us know when you get news
    I will post my stats at the end. Did not measure my arm now but might update next time....

abtropix: Where are you from? It sounds like great fun!
  • MTDork87
    Options
    Daisy - No worries! Post when you can! We're just happy to have you :-). I hope life treats you better, you deserve it!

So guys...

I cheated on Debbie.

Just a little though! My back was still hurting me when 4:00 rolled around but I wanted to get a workout in so I went to the instant watch section of Netflix and did the 10 Minute Solution: Carb Burner. I like doing the entirety of the 10 minutes solution DVDs because there are usually five 10 minute workouts that target lots of different things in different ways so when you play them all together, you get a pretty solid 50 minute workout with a lot of variety that keeps you from getting bored. If my back is better I'll see Debbie tomorrow and just be extra careful with the standing ab stuff but I had fun with the Carb burner. I thought the workout probably burns about the same amount of cals so I think Debbie will forgive me. I may have to buy her chocolates or flowers though :-P

Oh and I just got the e-mail.... I got a callback for Little Red Riding Hood! For those not used to the way theater works, the first audition you get is usually one in a pool of hundreds of people. A callback will be for about the top 20 or 30 people they are considering. In an audition, you have to come in with a pre-prepared audition usually consisting of a monologue or two that you do at every audition you have. A callback will usually be with the script from the show so it's a way for the director to see you in the part he thinks you'll be good at. So I get to go read for Little Red with some other people they are considering for her and the other parts. I love callbacks, they are always fun and give you a chance to be really creative. And you can't prepare for them so it makes me less nervous! It's this Saturday so I'll let you know what it's like when it happens. Very exciting stuff! It's like being in the top 20. Not a guarantee, but it certainly means you did something right!

Happy night two of Hanukkah and Happy Slimming!
  • abtropix
    Options
    MTDork - SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you! Crossing my finger until I hear back from you! It's a great start!

Daisy - I'm from Costa Rica. Mom of 3, age 38, fun husband, great group of friends, hang out together a lot, drink a lot, eat a lot, go to the beach a lot... Everything exaggerated as my husband says. Party too much, but make up by exercising too much, so it's all balanced! :)

We have a HUGE Xmas party tomorrow that I'm sure we'll get home after the newspaper guy. It's usually like that, this party I mean, we get home the next morning! But plenty of dancing will be done. The thing is I can't be tired, I need to be well rested! And it's a busy day tomorrow: Slim in 6, take my son to tutoring class at 6 am, take my daughter to school at 7, work till 9, tennis lessons at 10, more work until 4 and then begin my driving around to take kids to tennis, jazz, parties, etc... But I'll do my work (exercise and work!), I'll just be exhausted on Sat!!!!

Take care and happy slimming everyone!
  • Truhvn
    Options
    As I posted on my home page...I decided to work out this AM rather than my usual before bed time routine. To be honest, I've just been so tired in the evening it's getting harder and harder to make myself exercise, even though I really want to!!! The problem with an AM workout is that I am NOT an AM kind of person!!! In my dreams I picture myself getting up and running at 4 o'clock in the morning. THere are a few barriers to that dream right now: my kids aren't old enough to stay home alone while I run and mainly I DON"T RUN!! I think I had to run a mile in high school and it took me forever, literally, I think PE was dismissed before I could finish! But I can picture myself doing it...it's a someday goal...but for now I'd settle for even being able to get up by 5am on a regular basis. For as long as I can remember (probably the past year) I've been setting my alarm on my phone to wake me up at 5:30, but I always snooze it and get up at 6 or 6:30.

Well, for some reason I decided to give it a little more effort by setting the alarm in the living room, so I'd HAVE to get up. So, I did. And I did get up. AND I shut off the alarm...or so I thought! It went off 8 minutes later. But I was already awake in bed bc my boyfriend called before he went to work. He used to call me in early AM all the time, but I think he quit bc he knew I was sleeping. SO I was already up and said screw it (no really, I shook my head and talked to myself "Screw it, you ARE awake, just get up!") AND I did my workout!!! I could feel a bit more oomph going into it. I felt completely energized after ward. The best part is knowing I don't HAVE to exercise later...if I don't want. I'm going to try and keep this up. We'll see. Abtropix said it takes 3 weeks to form a habit. So this was day one of 3 weeks to becoming a morning person...which is better all the way around anyway bc I'm usually putting my makeup on AND eating breakfast in the parking lot at work before I go in!!!

Keep slimming everyone!!! We are that much closer!! MTDORK- Can you believe it's been 4 weeks?!! I think that's the longest I've gone where healthy eating AND exercise were a regular part of my life!!! So, what will we do with our thread at week 6? :( I vote we just keep it going!!! I'm actually going to have an extra week in SI6 but I plan on continuing with Debbie or starting a new series if I can find one I like. I enjoy chatting with you guys all in the same place so much, it's been a definite push to keep me accountable and going strong. THANKS GIRLS!!!!
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hello

Silly me forgot to post my stats last time...This time I won't forget. I had a really good day for exercising today. I did RIU and then 20min Turbo Jam workout followed by S&L. I forgot how much I like doing Turbo Jam. I really loved it! I will try and do that for the last week. I don't think I will return to BIU. I just feel really put off by it due to my back. And where is the point doing it if I have to skip half of it.....

And Truhvn I totally agree! We should keep the thread going. I really enjoy reading all of your posts. I am going to start the Slim Series afterwards. Anyone else up for that?

Abtropix: Costa Rica sounds great! I would love to go there. Especially at the moment. I am in London and it is freezing cold. I hate it....And I think there is nothing wrong with enjoying yourself :drinker:

Mtdork: Well done about the audition! I keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

I hope you all have a lovely day! For me it is night night now...

Daisy

Waist: 29.1
    Hips: 40.5
    Thigh: 24.6
    Weight:158.8
  • MTDork87
    Options
    abtropix - Party Hard, enjoy yourself :-)

Truhvn - You are awesome getting up early. I could NEVER do that. But your motivation is inspiring. You rock! And yes, I think we should keep the group together. I'll probably need to re-name the thread to something terribly clever involving awesome woman who lose weight and love to exercise. I'll put it out to all of you, start brainstorming new thread name ideas! You girls are too awesome to let go!

Daisy - I'm with you on Burn it up. I just want to find something to do for an hour that's cardio and strength. So today I walked 6 miles and did the slim ab workout. I think getting into a routine of exercise is the important thing, not so much what exactly you are doing. And it's so not worth both our backs! Oh and thanks for the measurements, they're recorded! Oh and tell me more about Turbo Jam. I might try it!

So I had an awesome walk today and a pretty good eating day. My drinking sucked though so I'm hoping to down 4-6 more glasses before I sleep. Like I said, no slim today, but I got in my burn, no worries! Start brainstorming for a new forum name for us as we come to the end of the Slim process. I like you guys too much to let you go :-)

Happy Slimming (Or running or walking or turbo jamming...)
  • landry1
    landry1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    Love the thought of continuing on. I was feeling lazy today and I wasn't going to workout (feeling down since I havent't lost any weight yet). Then I thought about you guys and how all of us have obstacles but we keep pushing and I got up did BIU, went out to dinner and came back and did some dancing with my daughter.
    Truhvn: I try to work out in the morning but I never can I too hate getting up.
    Abtrophix: maybe when we're all done we can come to visit as a reward
    MTdork87: I hope all goes well with the call back.
    Daisy: BIU hurts my back sometimes too. I would love to know more about turbo jam too.
    So ladies since I'm PMSing here is a recipe for vegan chocolate mousse
    6oz of soft tofu
    2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
    3/4 cup of agave or maple syrup
    Combine all ingredients in a blender mix until smooth. Refridgerate until cool. Serve topped with crushed cashews or blueberries
  • abtropix
    Options
    Truhvn - great on working out in the morning. You're right, it's so nice to know you don't have to do it later! Plus, you're energized and NEVER regret having done it! Try to keep going! And I'm with you, we HAVE to continue this thread! It's not only so much fun, but the support is amazing!

I'm not ready to move on after Debbie yet, because I know I need to lose more and tone up, but my husband bought P90X a few months ago and just made it to the mailbox. I'm seriously considering adding a few days a wk of this, but I'm also a little afraid, since I hear it's TOUGH!

And yes, I DID party hard last night! Danced like 3.5 hrs non stop, but I only recorded 2.5 just in case. Soooo much fun! And I'm proud to say not only did I make healthy eating choices, but did pretty well with the drinks as well throughout the 6 hrs of partying!

My husband has been sabotaging my Slim... I'm a little bummed! The DVD is in our bedroom and I DO workout in the mornings. Whenever he goes out to ride his bike early I used to do the Slim or if not, I would ask him to join me and he did a few times, but the last couple of days he wants to stay in bed sleeping, so I can't turn the TV on!!!! So I go to the other room and do my elliptical, which I love, but I feel guilty that I'm not consistent with Sin6!!! I not only want to shed a few more lbs, but need to be toned up and non of my other exercises cover that (elliptical, tennis)! He tells me he's bored with it! He's done it like 4 times and he knows how good it feels when it's over, but he just has a hard time getting started (and last time I had to stop him from pressing FF a few times!). And I know the results if you stick to it, but I haven't been able to!

Landry - will try the choc mousse one of these days, sounds soooooo easy!

Oh, and I forgot to tell you how HAPPY I am!!!! My kids are officially out of school for summer vacation!!!! I know it sounds weird for you guys, but they have off Dec and Jan and their school yr starts in Feb - Nov. So good to know I'm out of carpooling them around everywhere!

Keep up the good work you guys!!!!
  • aprilfit
    aprilfit Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'd love to continue on with this group too. I'd be willing to repeat the Slim or even try somthin' new. Turbo Jam, P90X?
    It's been so fun connecting with you guys and it's really helping keeping me focussed.
    Thanks so much for the encouragement and support.

Day 12
    Workout 8

Ramp it up
    2 x 3 pound weights for cardio
    9 mins extra cardio instead of arm work
    Leg exercises off of the floor

Went for the whole bit. Music. Biggest Loser in the background.
    Got it done before 10 am. Feels great.

Next week I'm going to repeat RIU with weights before I move on to crazy BIU.
    I don't want it to get too hard too fast lest I get discouraged.
    Not this time.

Looking toward weighing in Tuesday

All this exercising is making me HUNGRY :devil:
    I'll try to remember to drink more water. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Landry- Thanks for the mousse recipe. I'll have to make a big batch the way I've been feeling. Take care

MTDork- I was drooling when you mentioned matzo ball soup. My step dad's mom, Grandma Nadia makes awesome matzo ball soup. Congrats on the callback. It sure can be a process sometimes. Hang in there.

Truhvn- Joined you on the am workout today. It's real nice to have it done already.

abtropix- Partying and dancing sounded great. Love it that you are starting summer vacation.
    Gotta liberate the DVD Player.

Daisy80- Great you're finding a workout that fits.

Have a great day everyone.

exercise.png
  • abtropix
    Options
    I'm up for P90X, but maybe for next yr, whoever is up for it!

And yes, depending on how this next week goes, I'll have to relocate the DVD.

Guilty on Sat for chowing down as many Xmas cookies possible! But got up today and work my butt off (elliptical), but it would've been nicer for the workout to be extra/additional, not to make up for stupidity! I've been really good today, trying to eat lots of protein, since we have Advent celebration at my moms and always have typical "tamales", which is basically 100% carbs mixed in with 100% lard!!! But good stuff, even if you can't picture it! Had my yogurt so I'm not starving when I get there...

I'll send my stats tomorrow! Keep slimming everyone!!!
  • MTDork87
    Options
    Hey All,

Been so busy and stressed out this whole weekend. I've been eating ok and walking a TON but haven't sat down (stood up?) to a workout since Thursday. But tomorrow is the start of a new week and with it comes new dedication. My goal is just to do a DVD for an hour every day. I'll probably start with Burn it Up, jump around to some of my 10 minute workout DVDs, look around on Netflix for something new, scout some Turbo Jam, anything. I just need variety to keep myself going. I know I'll get there.

No word on the callback yet. I think it went well but you never know. I'm trying not to get my hopes up but I always do, it's who I am. I like that I care so much about everything I do and it stinks when you're in a business that eats those kinds of people alive. So I go into everything with all of my heart and try my hardest to focus on the next thing instead of sweating the outcome. I've found it helps to try and look at each experience not by the outcome, but how I felt doing it. Oh but it's so hard sometimes!

I would definitely be into trying some p90x. I have to look into it a little bit more - is it a mapped out system like the slim (you do a certain workout for a few days, then another for more days and so on) or is it more self directed? I have no idea. I've also been thinking of just making up my own schedule for January that combines all the workouts I own now (Slim, 30 Day Shred, p90x, ten minute workouts, insanity...) so that I do something different almost every day. I think it might be interesting. Either way, I want to do it with you all :-)

Oh yes, and send updates if you have them and haven't done so already. I'll probably post the chart tomorrow afternoon.

Hope all is well, more later!
  • Truhvn
    Options
    It's been a long weekend girls!!! And a cold one here in Missouri! I didn't do much in the way of exercise this weekend but I did stand out in the cold for about 3 hours, so I'm wondering if I can count the shivering I had to do to keep myself warm, lol. I'm not beating myself up about it. I figure there will be many more days in my future where I won't be able to or won't feel up to exercising...it's just about keeping it going. At any rate I'm far better off than I ever have been in my life.

THat being said, I'm with MTDOrk...tomorrow starts a new week and with it new dedication. Its taken me years and years to put this weight on so its going to take me a minute to take it off...so one day at a time for me!

Today was Christmas dinner at church. I ate more than I should have, was stuffed and I mean STUFFED when I left. I knew better but I went for it anyway. On the upside, I feel I ate less than I normally would have...and I feel my stomach must be shrinking due to my current nutrition habits...so I'm feeling full faster...so I MUST have ate less than I normally would have, right?!

On the brighter side...here are my measurements...

Wt. 165 Waist 37.5" Hips 43" Arms 13" Thighs 25" ring size.......I don't know but these dang rings area about to fall off! And I remember when I was worried I wouldn't be able to wear them anymore. YAY. I wore my 14 slacks again to church and they felt great! But, I did try on most of my 14 p jeans...ewww was all I could say. Jeans and slacks are two different monsters apparently. I'll stick with my 16w jeans, even though I KNOW they are too big. I guess I'm in between sizes. My weight is leaving from all the inconspicuous places first...like my chin, my hands and feet, I think my boobs are finally shrinking...If I could just get it to go to my waist and thights FIRST, lol! But progress is progress!!!

MTDork - is the play actually Little Red Riding Hood, or is that just one of the roles? When I think of little red I automatically think of Into the Woods, because its one of my all time favs!! My fingers are still crossed for ya:) And I agree about mixing it up with what ya got. I've got several things I can try...I'm going go back and check em out once I get thru SI6.

Landry - I bought stuff to make the chocolate mousse and the soup...going to tackle it this week sometime...so excited, it's the first time I'll have tried Bok Choy, agave nectar, or tofu (well not really the first time, I'm not crazy about the texture of tofu chunks, but I'm hoping in a mousse that I won't notice it!

April - how do you do the floor work? Its killer on my knees as well, but I can feel it in the back of my thighs and I sweat like crazy during that part so I know it's working...I just don't think I'm getting the workout I should from it because I'm stopping every 5 or 6 lifts to releive my knees.

Abtropix - Glad to hear the kids are now on break. It can get so busy during the school year! Keep up the tennis, the slim.,....and the dancing!!

Daisy - I've heard a little about Turbojam...give us more details!!!
  • abtropix
    Options
    Happy to say I did BIU this morning with my hubby! Took a little convincing, but he's noticing the changes in my body and did it with me today. I told him I would start P90X next yr, but I really want to get more BIU in. It's getting harder and harder to fit in a workout in my Dec schedule. I'm heading out for the States Wed-Mon with my 13 yr old daughter for all the Xmas shopping. I'm not sure I'll have internet access to check on message boards and stuff, but will def log in everything on my iPhone app. You'll be able to see what I've done, but I won't be able to check out on you guys! Will miss you! And no DVD's or running or working out for those days - guess just insane walking around malls non stop!

I tell you, I've been really working out, much more than usual and I keep telling myself that if I lose weight, it's a bonus, since I know December is full of eating, drinking, tamales, Xmas cookies, hot chocolate, going out, friends, family, eating out, you name it! But still, I want to look good in a bikini this vacation!!!! And hopefully not gain more than 2 lbs when I come back from the beach (which will be VERY hard!!!!).

Truhvn - so glad to know you're really into this and in the best shape you've been! I know about the eating feeling! I can actually notice that I'm fuller sooner or that certain food is too "heavy" for my stomach. I don't tollerate greasy foods that well anymore. But you, noticing it on your ring finger - WOW!!! You'll soon be in your 14 jeans!!!! Yay!

I'm also happy to inform that I joined a weekly challenge to burn calories. They were challenging to burn 9,000 cals/wk, but of course, they are guys who weigh 270, so they burn so much more than me! So my challenge was 5,700. It ends tomorrow and I have about 780 cals left to go, which I'm sure I'll do. Happy to have made it. But it's funny, I felt the discipline to workout on Sunday, which I never do, because I knew that if I didn't, there was no way to reach my goal. So off I went to the elliptical machine yesterday and felt soooooo good! Of course, I had the need to burn out all my Xmas cookies also!

So, my stats for this wk are: 124 lbs, chest: 33.5 (same), waist 28.5 (.5 less), hips 36 (.5 less), thighs 22 (.5 less), bicep 11.5 (same). Feels great to fit nicely in my jeans!!!!

MTDork - about the callback, hope it happens! And regarding P90X, I have no idea either. As I told you guys, my hubby bought it and it made it to the mailbox, that's it! I know my son once put on the ab workout and said it was really TOUGH!!! He's 15, trains 12 hrs/wk of tennis and has a physical trainer, so he's in great shape - so I was even more scared of P90X. Haven't read anything about it, but as I told you guys, I won't start with it until next yr.

But we need to keep this going for sure! It's amazing how accountable it makes you! don't want to let you guys down! Keep on slimming!!!!
  • MTDork87
    Options
    Hello lovely people!

So the experiment of the week is to do around 60 minutes of any workout DVD I can get my hands on for free. Here's how day 1 went:

Day: 1
    DVD: 10 Minute Solution: Fat Blasting Dance Mix
    Best Part: 10 Minute "Ab Attack"
    Comments: So I hate to do dance workouts because I have a good amount of dance training and they 1. drive me crazy and 2. if I get a step wrong I get upset at myself like "you can take 8 years of ballet but you mess up a step ball change!" but I decided since this week is devoted to trying new things that I'd try a dance workout. While I did curse at myself as I almost tripped doing a grapevine (really, I WAS in an advanced dance class two years ago, I SWEAR), I found the workout went quickly and once I got over myself trying to look pretty, I actually had a good time and sweated a good amount too. The "Ab Attack" was great because it was all standing and I could feel the burn.
    Up Next: 10 Minute Solution: Kickbox Bootcamp or No More Trouble Zones (if it finished downloading)

I was proud of myself for working out today because I got home from work feeling awful. Both kids have been really sick in the house I spend Monday mornings in (Asher is congested and had a 104 temp and Amelia threw up last night) and it was a rough day. Sick kids are both exhausting and so sad it really tears at you to be devoted to two of them for any amount of time (as you moms know full well I'm sure!) and I got home exhausted and feeling like I may have caught something. So I watched a TV show and then got my butt up and looked at the Netflix instant watches. I'm glad I did because I feel MUCH better now. It was a good day to dance around like an idiot but burn calories doing it. It made me miss dance though. I REALLY need to make some more money so I can afford to take a class!

Abtropix - Congrats sticking with BIU and getting your husband involved too! And happy school vacation! Don't be scared of p90x. We'll suffer together. I think a goal of starting in the new year is a great plan! We'll miss you for a few days but have a blast. Where in the states are you going to shop?

Truhvn - Keep on keeping on! You'll get into those lower sizes, I KNOW it! And the show is a new take on Little Red Riding Hood. I love into the woods as well though! When I was bigger I used to get asked to play little red a lot in that one because I have a character voice and Red tends to be chubby and short. Now I get Baker's Wife. Which is fine by me :-)

April - You're awesome! Keep on slimming and we'll be here to stay on you to finish!

Landry - Haven't gotten to either of our recipes yet, but I will, and soon! I really appreciate your posting them. You rock!

And no one has suggestions for the name of our new thread!?! I like silly things like "Super Slim Señoritas" except searching for the tilde is a little obnoxious :-P Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Oh! Here's the chart! Congrats everyone on losses!

oq3F6.png