Slim in Six starting November 1st

Options

Replies

• MTDork87
    MTDork87 Posts: 205
    Options
    Was able to fit it in today which makes me happy. I hope hope hope I can get it in there tomorrow too! I also had a six mile walk today so I have to figure out how many of these cals to eat...

I used the resistance bands for the first time in a while today and kept up the mantra "4 more days" as I did it to keep myself motivated. I can't WAIT to start Burn it up. But the OCD inside of me is forcing me to do the program as directed. One week start it up, two weeks ramp it up, three weeks burn it up.

We can do this! Keep at it everyone!
  • abtropix
    abtropix Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    4 more days and you'll get there! Then, by the 2nd week of Burn it Up, we'll probably have the same problem LOL!!! But we'll stick with it! Do the program!
    Look who's preaching! I've been really working out but, once again, today I wasn't able to do the S in 6. Had a great bike ride and then headed to a tennis match, so had no time left for anything else! Did the ab workout, though... I'll try to fit it in tomorrow. Definitely on Friday and the weekend, that my husband's going to be away... I know I have to do the S in 6 in order to get more defined and toned. Tennis or biking isn't going to get me there!
    Talk to you later!
  • Truhvn
    Truhvn Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Ughh, at this rate I'll have to start Slim all over. I have the horrible flu bug and its kickin my... I normally don't get sick at all so I'm kinda frustrated cuz I've been eating healthy, drinking lots of water, and exercising and I still got sick! Blah! I can't even get the good sick (if there is such a thing!) where you can't taste anything and don't have an appetite. No my stomach says "starve a fever, feed a cold!" I'm gonna skip tonight because all I want to do is sleep (without the kids in my bed for a change!) with about 5 blankets on me. I'm sure hoping I can muster enought energy to Ramp it up tmw because I'm ready for Burn it up...I am on the same page as everyone else about being bored...my head is ready to change it up, but I'm not sure my body is ready yet as I haven't gotten as much Ramp it Up in as I wanted!!!

Keep up the great work everyone, you are an inspiration!

If only I had a box of Puffs Plus Lotion for my ittle red nose...Nyquil take me away...zzzzzzz
  • abtropix
    Options
    Hope you feel better Truhvn! Drink plenty of water and rest! Once you're all better, come back with Ramp it Up and pick up where you left off. We'll be here! We still have more weeks ahead of us, so just focus on getting better.

Me, I couldn't do the DVD again, sorry! I just love my tennis and on Thursdays I ralley really hard and tough balls with this guy who's way better than me. He pushes me to the limit and after 3 hrs, I crawl out of the court! I did manage to do the ab workout and 3 sets of 15 push ups (whimpy ones - on my knees). Tomorrow for sure I'll do it - I already scheduled it in!

I feel good about this! I'm sure next weigh in & stats I'll rock! =)
  • MTDork87
    Options
    Abtropix - Don't beat yourself up too much about missing the slim, you're getting some fantastic workouts in! It's really motivating me to look into a spring soccer league. I miss sports soooo much!

Truhvn - Like Abtropix said, focus on getting better, don't beat yourself up about being sick, and jump back in when you're well. We'll be here for you! Chicken soup!

Today I fit in Slim in Six! I had a two hour break between sitting gigs and I used one of them to do the slim. I'm so proud of myself! I'm heading back over to watch the kiddies in a few minutes but when they go to bed at 8, I'll be back trolling the forums, haha. You may even get another post from me!

TWO MORE!!!
  • abtropix
    Options
    So, what's up! Haven't heard from you guys!!! Truhvn - how are you feeling? Are you ready to start back again?

Let me tell you, I love my elliptical, so headed off there today for 1 1/2 hrs and I told myself I HAD to do S in 6 whatever the outcome. Put the DVD on and was double thinking to do it or not. I started with the ab workout which I love so I could get motivated. Finished the abs and stepped out to talk to my kids for a few minutes... Went back in and browsed over other S in 6 DVD's I had purchased when I bought the full program. Took out the Burn it Up DVD and put in the Tear it Up one, which I remember had tough weight exercises combined with a little cardio and runs for 78 minutes!!! I remember feeling the soreness the day after, so I pushed play... 28 minutes into it I quit! I convinced myself I didn't want to overdo it, looking for an excuse to stop, & I did. But at least I quit promising myself that tomorrow I will FOR SURE do Burn it Up, since I still want to burn up those extra lbs. AND I had already had a workout at the elliptical machine... But i did do Burn it Up yesterday plus 45 mins of tennis lesson, so I haven't abandoned you guys with the program just yet. I'm here for the long run, even if I don't do it everyday!

My hubby's out for the weekend, which means no going out (I think!) and for sure the DVD tomorrow.

Now, catching up on bills and to do lists...

Have a great weekend!
  • MTDork87
    Options
    So I did it! Finished Ramp it up! Whoo Hoo! I can't wait for Burn it up on Monday! The change will be good and I think the longer, harder work out will really help tone the muscles that I can now see beginning to form! I can't believe I've found the time to do the DVD all week. It just goes to show that with the right motivation, you can find time for anything!

Abtropix - I would kill to have an elliptical machine all for myself. I love them at the gym but having one at home... oh man. I'd be on that thing 24/7. My parents have a treadmill so that will be my best friend over Thanksgiving weekend while I'm there. Oh and I have no doubt of your commitment to the program! It's great that you've found an exercise that keeps you healthy and you love doing. Keep it up!

Truhvn - Feel better and come join us! We miss you! Update us on your life!

Alright. If you have any updates for the chart send em my way ASAP. I'll try to post it tomorrow night or Monday afternoon.

Happy day off!
  • abtropix
    Options
    No day off for me tomorrow! Just came back from a nice outing to a nice restaurant with my folks! I know the owner/chef, so he sends me stuff to try and free samples. Grilled calamari, tuna ceviche, garlic wild mushrooms... I ordered a pretty healthy tuna tartare over sushi rice with some avocado and green onions and stayed away from the bread basket. A glass and a 1/2 of white wine (which I thought was pretty decent!)... and then came dessert! I wasn't even hungry or planning on ordering any, but the owner sent us some for free. It's extremely fatning and sweet, but I love it (that's whay I never order it!). Based out of dulce de leche (cooked condensed milk), it's a typical Peruvian dessert. AND some passion fruit and mango creme brulee. Couldn't say no... Now I feel guilty (& stuffed!). So it'll be S in 6 for me for sure tomorrow!
    MTDork87, let me know how you feel when you do Burn it Up! And I'll send my stats soon! I've noticed my clothes a little less tight - yay!!!
  • abtropix
    Options
    Did I mention I was feeling SO stuffed last night? Yeah, I couldn't sleep, my stomach hurt, I was nauseated, felt terrible! I'm pretty sure I over did it with the eating and tried so many diff things that I ended up in the bathroom all night. Horrible! Between throwing up & diarreah, couldn't decide if I should kneel or sit down on the toilet! I'm sorry for being so graphic, but it was terrible! Took me about 3 1/2 hrs to control it and go to sleep. Of course I feel week today, so I WILL take my day off S in 6. Plus, I figure I don't have to (not that I'm in bullimic or anything - not at all!). I'm drinking lots of water, and will eat very light today.

But, I've been doing great this week and let me tell you I can feel it in my clothes! I did my stats today:
    weight: 124 (yay!) - almost there, want to reach 120!
    everything else is the same except for my hips and my thighs, which are 1/2" less.

Soooooo happy!
    Good luck to you guys!
  • Truhvn
    Options
    Alright so I'm back. Well, in a manner of speaking. The past week has been rough in our household, but hopefully the ickies are gone. I'm pretty much a week behind on SI6, but I'm aiming to be back at it full force tomorrow night. I'll check in tomorrow with my measurements, there probably won't be any loss and hopefully no gain with the lack of exercise and lots of sleeping I've been doing. My weight is at 170...just one lb away from my first mini goal of 169 by Dec. 1. I'm hoping I can throw a few extra lbs in there for good measure but the month is almost over so we'll see! I wanna break that 170 barrier though!!! Hope everyone else is doing well. I've missed yelling at Debbie but she's probably going to get a mouth full tomorrow so that'll make up for it!

MTDork - I'm excited to read how Burn it UP goes for you! You rock!
    ABtropix - Love the dedication! Keep it up.
  • abtropix
    Options
    Truhvn- welcome back! Get back on the saddle and keep pushing play. We're here to help. And that lb. will definitely shed off once your start exercising again this week. You WILL make it to your goal by the end of the month. Just be sure to plan well for Thanksgiving! Dont' give in too much and exercise more!

Well, I'm off to push play. Let us know how all of you are doing with measurements, Burn it Up, Debbie's floor workout (ouch!), etc!

have a great week!
  • MTDork87
    Options
    Truhvn - Welcome back! We missed you! I'm so sorry that you've been so sick but so glad you're better and willing to jump back into this thing with us! I thought of you today while doing Burn it up because for the first time I yelled at Debbie! But more on that later! Just happy you're here! And don't sweat that goal, I bet you'll get there!

Abtropix - Ugh I hate hate hate when I slip a little and pay for it later - not on the scale - but on the toilet. I guess it's as good a reminder as any that while eating right is great for our waistlines, it's also good for our bodies in general. Still, I'm glad you're feeling better and were able to take your rest day to... well... rest! Oh and HOLY CRAP did you lose two lbs in ONE week? Who are you?! Where do you come from!? Can I go there!?! But seriously, congrats on killer success this week!

So today was burn it up day! Can I say that I asked for a challenge... and I received. Around the third set of those standing side crunches (my nemesis from day one!) I was loudly proclaiming "Are you serious!?" and "You've GOT to be kidding me!" It's funny because every time I moaned it was like Debbie heard me. She would chose those times to say "Come on!" or "You can do it" and then I told her where she could stuff it :-). Overall I really enjoyed it though. I was a little disappointed at the ab work but then I remembered that I have the Ab DVD so that will take care of that. Though I'm only just beginning to be able to see them, I think my abs are actually very strong because it takes a lot to challenge them. It's a good thing!

On to the chart - Wicked success this week! I have to say that I NEVER thought I'd see the day when 133 was on my scale. That's only 3 lbs from my goal. It's absolutely nuts. And congrats again to abtropix for major weight dropping, especially at a lower weight to begin with! I don't know how you do it! Ever since I hit 130 I'm lucky to get half a pound a week. But yeay for both of us! For all of us! For slimming and sticking with it in the face of sickness, holidays and everything!

Whoo Hoo!

x5uzP.png
  • abtropix
    Options
    LOVE to read your threads! Soooo funny! I'm glad you liked Burn it Up, and yes, I agree about the ab part, but I figure with the other workout done before that, it has to be taken care of. Those side kicks are a killer on my thighs and I usually put the opposite hand on my obliques and can feel them tighten, so I guess it's a full body workout. If I have the time, I'll do the 11 min ab workout, which is really good!

As for my 2 lbs......SOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!! I can feel it in my jeans for sure! I'm not skinny, but I feel good. I've been working hard and really exercising a lot everyday and eating very healthy and under my calorie goal. My goal is 1,200 cals a day and I try to eat around that even if I exercise. My math doesn't really add up to eating my excercise calories. I think I want that deficit! But if I go over the 1,200 cals, I figure I can afford them! And I drink about 8-10 glasses of water a day..

And yes, I feel my stomach a little flatter, so that's great motivation to keep going! I'm really working hard at this so I can feel good in a bikini for New Years.

Great job MTDork87 with a whole inch and a 1/4 less on your waist! You're just around the corner to your goal!!! Yay! To all - let's keep pushing play.

I was writing my workout schedule down for a regular week and I am commited to do Slim on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays. The other days I'll go biking with hubby and play my tennis and if I can fit in the elliptical sometime, it's icing on the cake! So tomorrow will be another Slim in 6 day! Talk to ya'll later!
  • MTDork87
    Options
    abtropix - if you don't mind, how tall are you? Just wondering! I'm 5'2 on a good day. I also don't eat my exercise cals anymore. When I was at a higher weight I found it helped me lose weight to eat them but now that I'm down to those last stubborn lbs, I take all the help I can get with the calorie deficit. I find if I even log it into the system then I'll eat them because I see they are there so I just forgo it all together and stay under the 1200. Lately I'm either ravenous or under by like 500 cals but not hungry (tonight is the later) so I don't know what's up with that.

I think I've decided that I'll do the slim every day this week that I possibly can (the only problem I forsee may be tomorrow as I'm working 9-5 than running right off to a show. No idea how or when or if I'll get the hour in) and evaluate next week if I want to alternate it with something else. It'll depend if I'm bored or not feeling as challenged. I never got through the 30 day shred level three so I think alternating those two might work. I think they are about the same intensity and I can do the shred on days when I don't have the hour for slim. We'll see though. If I'm still completely challenged and stimulated than I'll slim all the way through!

I also made out my wish list for the holidays at the request of my boyfriend's mom (she has problems not spending money on people and with three boys, she LOVES spending money on me) and I had to laugh and report to you guys. So last year it was clothes and DVDs and shoes and the like. This year - HRM, food scale, new running shoes, under armor for running in the winter, skinny b*tch cookbook, and 8 or 10 lb weights because my 5s aren't cutting it anymore. Who am I!?! When did I turn into this person! Haha I love it. Just had to share.

Also, a little bummed because I couldn't find a Turkey Trot 5k to do that is close enough to my parent's house around Thanksgiving. That and the Slim was my plan to fight Thanksgiving. I'll have to just run on my lonesome. I wish I could have done a race though :-(. Oh well, plenty of holiday races in December in NYC. When I reach my goal weight I'm going to enter one. I can't wait!

Last thing - My belt that I've had forever, that at my heaviest I could barely use with the outermost hole, has become a non-scale measure of my weight loss without my meaning to. This morning, for the first time, it fit easily 4 holes in. This is ridiculous.

Alright, I'm back to contemplating what I should do to fill out those calories when I have no desire to eat. Hmmm. Peanut butter? I think so! Happy Slimming!
  • Truhvn
    Options
    Alirghty girls...I have pushed through and I've decided that maybe Debbie can be my friend this week. I made it through Ramp it up for the first time in a bit (icky sicky's suck) and I made it ALL THE WAY THROUGH...well, minues those floor excercises. It's not that they hurt (well yes actually they do!) but my knees are not happy and/or tough campers. I had to take a few breaks but I finished strong! I've learned that I like to skip the yoga stuff and do my own stretches. Those resistance band segments were more difficult than I remembered! All in all....I feel good having made it through and now I hope I can keep it up!

MtDork: It's funny you were talking about our Christmas list...I just posted on my MFP homepage about what I wanted for Christmas and what it says about me now...HRM, digital scale, oilve oil sprayer, a food scale, and a decent...trust me even 6 months ago my list would NOT have looked like that!

Abtropix: You are a warrior!! I hope to be able to battle on the tennis courts like you someday. Don't worry about missing those Slim days, I think maybe you're still getting your calorie burn in!!! lol

BTW...a little late on posting my stats but I do have a change...down to 38" on my waist!!!

Great job everyone!!!
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies

I have just found your threat. I am on MFP for quite a while now and I started Slim in on the same day as you but must have missed your threat (I am in the UK so probably due to the time difference) I moved to another forum to post as I couldn't find someone on here to start with. Now I am wondering if it would be to late to join you?

I am on BIU since yesterday and I felt I was hit by a train to be honest. I like it as it really is a challenge and I don't think I'll get bored of it. I always find it a challenge to master it and I think it might take me 3 weeks to do the whole thing without struggles.

I read all your posts and it your thread sounds like fun. Would be great if I could join. Also love the chart that you are doing....

Let me know if I coudl join in :flowerforyou:

Daisy
  • MTDork87
    Options
    Welcome Daisy! Of course you can join! All I need from you is some stats! If you took starting measurements you can give me those and your current ones or you can just give me some current ones and next week we can start updating! We measure our waist, hips, arms and thighs in inches and of course our weight in lbs (though whatever form of measurement you'd like is totally cool). If you get me starting info ASAP then you can update with us! I just ask for updates on weekends so I can put it all together by Monday night / Tuesday morning depending on my schedule. I'm at the same point you are - Burn it up yesterday for the first time - and I too am wondering if it'll take the whole three weeks for me to get comfortable with it! Welcome!

Truhvn - SO proud of you! You are AMAZING! It takes a lot to get up after a sickness and keep going (I know I could do it after I got sick half way through 30 Day Shred). Oh and that's so funny about the Xmas list - I totally missed yours! We're just one the same wavelength I guess! Oh and I added your loss to the chart on my computer, it'll be there next week :-)

Happy Slimming! I hope hope hope I can find the time to do it today!
  • landry1
    landry1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    hi all,

I just found your thread today and I am also doing slim in 6. I started after you guys and I am on the second week of Ramp it up. I'm excited to read the rest of the thread. So far this week (two days) I have been able to complete Ramp it up without stopping! Glad to see others are doing it too.
  • Truhvn
    Options
    Welcome newbies!!! It's been great having others to chat with about how my Love/Hate relationship with Debbie!!! So WELCOME!!!
    Landry...I am on my second week of RIU, due to a week of illness, so lets hit it hard together!!!
    April...way to make it to BIU on your own!! I don't know if I would have made it this far on my own! I am thankful for these girls that listen to me go on...and on...and on...about anything!!!

Keep it up everyone!!!

Thanks MTDork!!!
  • abtropix
    Options
    I replied to MTDork's post about my height and, like always, kept on typing whatever was on my mind trying to get myself organized and I thought I posted it, but I guess it didn't. I had computer failure last night and this morning.
    But today's a new day, so I won't bore you - just the basics: I'm 38, 5'5". I've always been around 120-123 and when the scale hit 125, I really didn't mind. I've never worried about what I ate, had a great metabolism and always exercised (bike or tennis). I figured I wasn't going to worry about those 5 lbs if it made me feel miserable watching what I ate, and did fine until I hit 130! That's when 2 yrs ago I bought S in 6 and went back to 120 but actually VERY TONED and feeling great in a bikini! THEN: "copy/paste" - same thing! I joined you guys at 128, but really a few weeks before I was 130 :(
    So I've been really trying to exercise a lot, not just playing doubles for fun, but slamming the ball in singles. I commited to cycling on Wednesdays with hubby for a tough ride on a track and other days I'll do the Slim.

To MTDork and Truhvn - GREAT Xmas lists! Now behave so you can get them ALL! :) I might ask for a HRM as well, since mine broke down 2-3 yrs ago. Hmmmm..... maybe some new nice tennis outfits...

Welcome to both newbies, great to see you're here and you can get all the encouragement (and laughs!) here! I wrote down my workout schedule on a sheet of paper and have it in front of me on my bulleting board. I figure I have to take care of it because I report to you guys, so I have you to thank for the support and pushing me into self discipline!

And yes, I played doubles early in the morning and came back to do my BIU - no excuses! Don't you feel great when you could've said "not today" and didn't?

Talk to you guys later!