Over 200 New year New me Part 38

Replies

• bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Welcome back, Laura. I remember you! It's good to see you again. My name is Nancy.

Deb - I think it's a good idea for you and hubby to take it easy. You have been working relentlessly and your body needs a break. I am proud of you for having a plan.
    Julie - the puppy is adorable! Did the car throw the puppy out then hit it? Or where did the puppy come from? I am confused...? Typical for me!

I am reading that a lot of us are burnt out or on the way to it. Let's promise to keep coming here so that one thing at least is constant! I know I feel better when I come here!

check in:
    cals: just under the top
    water: 100
    exercise: walking
    proud: I got permission from my boss to work with my 1st and 2nd graders in adopting a platoon of soldiers in Iraq! We are going to write letters & send a care package monthly. I submit the application tomorrow (I know, it's all very official but I see where they are coming from with security and all). I am very excited!
    I LIKE: that I am not as tired as I used to be all the time.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Hi laura - I am Debra.

Thanks everyone for my encourgment on my new plan :smile:

SO with my extra 500 cals i still blew it today...I had to go to lunch to swap on call stuff and went to chilis..i think my lunch alone was like 1100..freaking salad 1100 cals !!!

Then the candy i have been nibbling on ...oh my.

Oh well tomorrow is another day !!
  • Good morning everyone! I am up but not ready to go this morning. My bedroom floor is still tore out and I still can't get to my stove or my kitchen too well. I hate it b/c I want to eat right and do what I am susposed to do but I can't get in there to cook healthy foods that I know that I am susposed to be eating. So, I am having to eat out at fast food resturants :explode: trying hard not to gain any weight back but it's going to be extremely hard. However, I will not let this set me back, once my bedroom floor is in and I can get to my kitchen I will be in there cooking my own food. I have learned something out of all of this though and that is I HATE FAST FOOD!!!!! I never thought in a million years I would say that but I do hate it. So, for that I am very proud b/c I used to be the fast food queen. Anyways, sorry for rambling. I hope each and every one of you have a great day. :flowerforyou:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Hi ladies!

I'm kind of officially pregnant! Got an ever so faintly positive pregnancy test this morning. :bigsmile: :noway: :bigsmile:
    I decided to test because TOM was a no show today.
    SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! (No facebook comments yet please! It's reeeeaaaalllllllly early.)
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Congrats, Julie!!

Nancy: I think it's awesome you and your students will be adopting some soldiers. When my friend and I were involved with the Miss Rodeo program through the PRCA, we sent a care package and I thought it was so much fun! It really felt good. Then again, I'm all about giving, I guess. Toys for Tots, therapeutic horseback riding, Giving tree at the library, etc. I'm getting better at saying no, I swear!

Allison: I voted, too. After my boyfriend telling me that if the candidate we didn't like won, it would be my fault for not voting, I decided to go ahead and vote. Peer pressure, I tell you. I always vote for the presidential elections, but what I need to realize is that voting in the smaller elections is probably even more important!

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Over by 453...FAIL!
    Sodium: Over by 3378...FAIL! Ate out twice yesterday (fast food), naughty me!
    Water: 49.5 oz....FAIL!
    Exercise: None...FAIL!
    Proud: I voted...WIN!
    Like: That I don't get offended easily.
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Hi ladies!

I'm kind of officially pregnant! Got an ever so faintly positive pregnancy test this morning. :bigsmile: :noway: :bigsmile:
    SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! (No facebook comments yet please! It's reeeeaaaalllllllly early.)

Holy SH!^@(&#^$@%!&@*TTTTTTTT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Wow - so happy for you Julie - but yes secrets until the 3rd month.
  • Hi ladies!

Congrats Julie!!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Hi ladies!

I just saw this and had to comment on it!! YAY!!!!! For Julie!!!! I'm so so so so happy for you!! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • lildebbie
    JULIE - YAY!!!!!! See i told you those bigger boobs were pregnancy boobs!!!! I am soo freaking excited for you. I Hope you have a healthy 9 months!!!
  • LittleSpy
    Thank you guys so much for being excited for me! :happy:

I'm really pushing it to not break 200 during this pregnancy. I think I'm sitting right at 194/195 now. I'm going to continue eating healthy and exercising, of course. There's really no reason I should gain more than 10 pounds. And honestly, if I eat healthy and stay active I think I should probably lose weight until my 3rd trimester. I'm finding a little one is pretty awesome motivation to make healthier choices so I have a feeling I may be able to break this stupid plateau and drop some more pounds. I also have a feeling morning sickness may work in my favor, too, because I'm already feeling a little indigestiony/ever so slightly nauseous. I guess it could be all the excitement though.

Unfortunately, it seems that eating is what makes the tummy discomfort go away. :laugh: Fortunately, I only have healthy snacks with me at work. :wink:
  • RedneckWmn
    Julie-That's how my sister kept hers under control as well. Constantly snacking. I have no doubt you can have a healthy pregnancy! I love the goals you are setting for yourself. That's so awesome. So happy for you!!
  • RedneckWmn
    Has anybody seen or heard from Momma or CoGirl?
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Julie - guidelines are different in every country - in parts of Europe they would want you to remain at your current weight until the end which is basically like dropping 20-30 lbs.
    Many of my friends have even lost 10-20 lbs at first (they were not overweight to begin with) just because of morning sickness and they all have very healthy babies.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Hi ladies!

Oh congrats Julie!! I am so freaking happy for you!!!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Congratulations Julie!! Hooray for healthy!!

Checking in for yesterday:
    Cals - Over, but just by 173. Given my past few weeks, this is a step in the right direction. Today will likely be a different story as I'm going out to eat at my brother in law's restaurant and he will send out lots of delicious food I didn't order. Not complaning, just saying. :tongue:
    Water - 72 oz
    Exercise - Nada
    Proud - Voted!! Hooray for participation in democracy. :smile:
    Like - I like that we are making new friends in our church. While this isn't totally about me, it's something I realized yesterday that makes me happy.
  • lildebbie
    JUlie -

With both of my girls i wasn't incredibily sick, i never threw up once with either..little nauseas at times . I was pretty heavy at both , starting at about 270. WIth serena i am thinking i gained maybe like 10-15 lbs, abby i did more, but she was almost 11 lbs and per the doctor i had a very healthy placenta (her cord was like really big, so she was getting lots of nurshiment). I think i maybe started at like 275 with hers and i was hitting almost 300 at the time over bith.

But with both girls, 1 month after they were born i was down 20 lbs from my pre-preg weight...now i would of done good if i ate good after they were born , but of course i didn't can gained more..

But i bet you will probably be less after the little guy is born. My sister who is thin, was right about where she was or less with her 1st one.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    Congrats Julie! I am soooooooo happy for you!!!!

With all three of my children I lost about 10 to 15 pounds before gaining some back. the first stage of my preganancies was tired, nauseated, and overall sick. believe me I was not in diet mood, but I didn't want to eat either. I felt like I had a congested cold [head pressure - I could even put anything in my hair because it irritated me..] , everything [I ate] tasted weird, and I fell asleep anywhere I could lay my head.

Best of luck to you and your hubby on this wonderful journey!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    check in: 11/2/10
    calories, over by 300 w/ exercise calories...ugh stupid candy in my home (my focus today is "out of sight out of mind," so I hid the candy)
    exercise, not my normal routine because my older kids were home and we just walked and played @ the park..and shopped [kohls]
    water, not much, maybe 40ish ounces
    proud, we [kids and I] did some kind of exercise instead of chilled at home
    challenge, I like to listen to both sides of a situation before forming my opinion..I like to listen more than judge a person:bigsmile:

now off to read the rest of the posts
  • LittleSpy
    Aw, thanks guys.

And Deb, OMG thanks for instilling the fear of an 11 pound baby in me. :noway: :laugh:
    I already have a fear of zombie babies since I just watched Dawn of the Dead on Sunday. :laugh:

Oh, and Sunday something clicked in me and I realized I'd be just as excited about a girl as I would be about a boy. I should've known right then that I was pregnant! :tongue:
  • LittleSpy
    OH, and puppy update is -- SHE'S THE BEST PUPPY EVER! She hasn't messed the house or her crate and she doesn't whine when she's alone at night. I've never had a puppy that young not whine in their crate at night. Just an awesome pup.

A visit to the vet confirmed she's 10-12 weeks old. She has 2 broken toes, a few open wounds, and a super bloated belly thanks to hookworms (and thanks to crappy ex owners). She also has a skin issue our vet thinks is due to a poor diet. :frown: Our vet was in full agreement that we not look for her original owner because she very obviously wasn't being properly cared for.

So, it's looking like we'll keep her if MIL doesn't want her (and I really don't see why she wouldn't want her -- dh said MIL had reservations because the pup's a pit bull but, c'mon, she's the cutest, sweetest, most waggy tailed, submissive pup I've ever seen! She doesn't even have food aggression!).
    Oh dear! Puppy and baby! :noway:
This discussion has been closed.