Over 200 New year New me Part 38

Replies

• OK so I am totally wishing that TOM would either start already or not.If it does start than fine I will be back to trying to conceive afterwards if it doesn't thats great too but I really wish Mother Nature would make up her mind I am going insane lol

know how you feel. Praying for you.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Crap! I completely spaced on the 5k. I can't believe it snuck up like that! Looks like I need to register for mine. I'm still in, just completely unprepared since I haven't run in about two months...at all. Ugh.

Julie: Yes, we have many indoor waterparks in the upper Midwest. Wisconsin Dells, WI is full of them! You'll have to come visit one sometime. They're fun! If we didn't have indoor waterparks, we'd only get to use our waterparks about three months of the year with our crazy, cold weather.
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    ok, ok ... once again ... need to get back on track after the weekend
    checking in for the weekend:
    calories: who knows? I don't think too horrible - did a lot of snacking but not a lot of meals - didn't track a thing
    exercise: good - 2 hours at the Y on Saturday, 20 minutes of core, 60 minutes of step, 40 minutes of body pump ... I AM SORE!
    water: not so good
    proud: that I did such a good job of exercising on Saturday, and also did a walk on Sunday - even if it was a short one, at least it was something.
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Slowly catching up with everyone...

Julie!!! Congratulations on being pregnant!!!! So very happy for you :)

Debbie - you look wonderful! :) Keep up the great work!

I have not been doing great work today.... I've actually been quite lazy. TOM surprised me this morning (and socked me in the gut). And then I found the leftover M&Ms from Halloween... ugghh... Totally didn't need them. Oh well. Tomorrow's a new day.
  • I messed up totally today. I had planned on making it all day and doing well, but I didn't. Oh well, this is a process and I know it will take time so I am not going to stress over it. I will do this if it takes me forever.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Slowly catching up with everyone...

Julie!!! Congratulations on being pregnant!!!! So very happy for you :)

Debbie - you look wonderful! :) Keep up the great work!

I have not been doing great work today.... I've actually been quite lazy. TOM surprised me this morning (and socked me in the gut). And then I found the leftover M&Ms from Halloween... ugghh... Totally didn't need them. Oh well. Tomorrow's a new day.

Thanks !! -

Tom suprised me today...I don't know why like every month for the last few months i get suprised...i just loose track of time i guess...but after my eat fest from this weekend, i can see that it was coming in hindsight...ugg..really last thing i needed with hectic work this week..oh well...good news maby it has some effect on my like 6lbs gain and not all what i ate :smile:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    My husband is awful.
    I told him about my horrible chili dog craving and how it has 810 calories and his reply was "Well, that's only 405 calories after the baby eats half!"

Ugh. no no no no no! NO! Okay, resisting won't be so hard, I just have to remember dinner is already pretty much waiting on me in the slowcooker. Mmmmm, salsa chicken (:sad:).

Edit: But.. if the salsa chicken is burned.... I'm going to get a chili dog. :tongue:
  • HeatherMN
    Julie: What is this salsa chicken? It sounds delicious and I'm always looking for slow cooker recipes because, let's face it, I'm lazy!
  • LittleSpy
    Julie: What is this salsa chicken? It sounds delicious and I'm always looking for slow cooker recipes because, let's face it, I'm lazy!

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast. 1 cup salsa. Slowcook until done (varies depending on size of chicken breasts & if they're frozen or not). You can shred it or not once it's done cooking & serve it over rice or in tacos/burritos or whatever you want. It's ridiculously easy and pretty tasty, too.

I actually prefer it not in the slowcooker though -- I just chop up the chicken & cook it in a skillet with salsa.
  • LittleSpy
    And Laura -- I promise I'm not ignoring your friend request! I'm at the max for friends on MFP (after 250 the newsfeed stops working correctly) so I need to go through and figure out who is no longer here so I can delete them & add you! :flowerforyou:
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Hi,

I am new to mfp and I think this is the group I am looking for. Am I on the right track that this is for those of starting over the 200# mark? I started a week ago (exercize) and started this sight on Saturday.
  • Welcome to the group, ladeb! You've definitely found the right place.
  • And Laura -- I promise I'm not ignoring your friend request! I'm at the max for friends on MFP (after 250 the newsfeed stops working correctly) so I need to go through and figure out who is no longer here so I can delete them & add you! :flowerforyou:

That is completely fine.
  • Hi,

I am new to mfp and I think this is the group I am looking for. Am I on the right track that this is for those of starting over the 200# mark? I started a week ago (exercize) and started this sight on Saturday.

Welcome, this is a great group.
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Hi everyone,
    Pretty good weekend, lots of shopping on Saturday = lots of walking = burning cals but I definitely made up for it !!!
    OK yesterday - about 1150 cals, over by about 300 on Sat though.
    Back in the game today - approx 1000 cals.
    I'm going to run with 1000 cals for at least 3 days per week and see how that goes. At my weight and height 1000 cals still only represents an 800 cal daily deficit so from what I understand I should not worry about going under 1200 as long as my deficit does not exceed 1000.

So to make up for the past few days of not checking in with my weight loss sisters..........
    What I like about myself:
    - I don't hold a grudge
    - I'm a tough cookie when it comes to business
    - I have enough other redeeming qualities that my friends forgive my horrendous case of foot-in-mouth-disease.
    - I'm a terrible liar

Well on to the rest of you......
    Momma - so sorry about that terrible accident, your family are in my thoughts :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Pos me - :heart: :heart: :drinker: :drinker: CONGRATULATIONS :drinker: :drinker: :heart: :heart: Your tireless efforts have really paid off. I'm so proud of you for reaching Onederland !!!!!!!!!!! Sorry about your father's health and best wishes for him having a good outcome and speedy recovery.:flowerforyou:
    LilDeb - I LOVE the side by side - there is a HUGE difference - good for you for coming so far:drinker: :drinker:
    Heather - I know all about indoor Waterparks - the weather is so crappy in England that we only have indoor ones as well - brings back good memories of school trips and birthday parties Awwwww.
    LilSpy - Since we want to TTC in the near future, I've been reading up ! Read several times that along with regular small snacks to keep your stomach occupied, that Vitamin B6 can really help with morning sickness. Hopefully you won't NEED it and if you feel sick after your strange fish dog meal - don't blame the baby !!:laugh: I've never been to a Sonic so I don't know what a coney is. In my imagination it's a bun shaped like an ice cream cone with a spherical lump of hotdog on top - Ewwwwwww :bigsmile: enjoy !!
    1stPaul - congrats on getting the farmhouse !!!!! Must be a relief after all this time that it's DONE :drinker: :flowerforyou:
    LaDeb - welcome to the group - we check in every day with Calories, Water, Exercise & something we are proud of. Weigh in's are Fridays and the BL for the week gives the others a challenge. Ignore my poor example of a checkin above.....whoops
    Blue - glad to see you are getting your mojo back - keep it up girl - excited for you and the smaller clothes :drinker: :drinker:

That's enough for now sorry if I forgot anything important - :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

M
  • HeatherMN
    Julie: Thanks for the recipe! I'll definitely have to use that one sometime soon. I went with grilled porkchops and a salad tonight to try to make up for some of the naughtiness and it would have worked well had I not snacked on a strawberry fruit rollup and two mini boxes of Nerds that were left over from Halloween.

Laila: Apparently I can't have candy in the house (or at work), either! I can go months without candy and then when it's in front of me I can't stay away. Ugh!

Lauren: I can't figure out how to get myself motivated enough to run in preparation for the 5k next week! I'm not backing out, but I really need to figure out how to get prepared in a short time! Can you tell I'm starting to freak out about this?
  • 5K ladies - shape.com has a couple of great pre-race workouts to get you motivated. I've been following some of those programs now that C25K is complete.

I am exhausted...my consultancy team elected me leader for our project (we consult with a real company and deliver feasible, implementable recommendations) but now seems incapable of following even the simplest of directions. I'm already frustrated and it's been two weeks.

today's check-in

Cals: 224 under
    Water: 56 oz
    Sodium: 464 under
    Exercise: 20 minute run, 10 minute warm-up/cool down
    Proud: I made an awesome, fairly inexpensive dinner tonight that was really yummy.
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Deb - the difference is amazing! You go, girl!
    Julie - Oh man, I LOVE the chili cheese dogs from Sonic! But the salsa chicken does sound yummy, so go for that! And you can't burn in a crock pot! LOL Well, I guess if you had no liquid in there it would burn...so nevermind!
    Ladeb - welcome! :flowerforyou: You will like it here.
    Jess - good goal! No more MIA-ing!!!
    Heather - my folks honeymooned in Wisconsin Dells. :heart:
    purple - GOOD FOR YOU for sticking to that 5K!
    Ann - I hope you get your sanity back! :noway:

I had a tough day, but I survived.

check in:
    cals: under a bit
    water: 99
    exercise: 55 minutes of mild PT (my new PT is too gentle on me! Argh! I am so used to boot camp PT!)
    proud: I didn't reach for food when I had a super bad day at work. I wish I could tell you about it but I could get fired. So frustrated because I know you'd all understand and make me feel better. :cry:
    I LIKE: that I didn't explode at a few students today.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Thanks Gals!! we all need to focus I believe.I lost .6 of a pound today and I was thrilled to see it too.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Ok so this morning full blown pregnancy symptoms!! What the heck??:noway: :noway: Nauseated completely,can smell from a mile away,boobs ache again and monster of a headache and slightly dizzy when I get up too quickly (thats a new one in pregnancy for me) I still think it would be too early to test anyways and I haven't had a period since my miscarriage so I wouldn't technically know when I was late anyways.I think I will test maybe the week of Thanksgiving or first week in Dec if TOM hasn't arrived by then.Wish me luck and lots of baby dust!!I am praying for twin boys
This discussion has been closed.