Over 200 New year New me Part 38

Replies

• Ok so this morning full blown pregnancy symptoms!! What the heck??:noway: :noway: Nauseated completely,can smell from a mile away,boobs ache again and monster of a headache and slightly dizzy when I get up too quickly (thats a new one in pregnancy for me) I still think it would be too early to test anyways and I haven't had a period since my miscarriage so I wouldn't technically know when I was late anyways.I think I will test maybe the week of Thanksgiving or first week in Dec if TOM hasn't arrived by then.Wish me luck and lots of baby dust!!I am praying for twin boys

I will be praying for you. If you are pregnant send some of that water you are drinking my way or some of the baby dust.
  • Good Moring Everyone! I certainly hope today is going to be a better day for me today. I stress eat like no tomorrow yesterday and the crazy part is I don't even know why. I felt nausated all day yesterday not sure what that was about either. I took my daughter to school this morning and dropped her off at 7:25 and by 8:15 the school is calling me telling me that she has 102.5 fever, so I had to go and get her. I am taking her to the doctor at 11:10. It's very rare for her to run a fever that high. She said her ears hurt so I am thinking ear infection. The school nurse said that she can't go to school tomorrow b/c of the high fever she run today and I am like what the HECK!!! Oh well, she already missed 11 days from having her tonsils and adenoids removed. My goodness I didn't know she would be missing this much school this year. Anyways, I think I am thru ranting and raving. I hope you all have a great day.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    I feel great this morning (well, aside from the nausea :laugh:)! I think I've had this year's "Aha!" moment and I feel like I'm really back on track to lose about 5-10 pounds before my 2nd trimester. The goal is to eat *at least* 1500 *healthy* calories every day and exercise 4-5 days/week. I can't exercise quite as intensely as I was before but since I've been exercising for over a year I think I can get going pretty good and still keep it safe for me & the little one. I'll keep my heartrate lower than usual and I'll be sure not to get overheated and mainly, I'll just listen to my body instead of pushing as hard as I usually do. I want a cute baby bump, darn it, not a big fat flabby one like I'm going to have if I keep up what I've been doing.:happy: Time to lose the baby weight before I gain it! :laugh:

ladeb -- Welcome! :flowerforyou:
    Meokk -- I don't think the 1000 calorie deficit is some hard & fast rule because everyone is different. All I'm saying is be careful & pay extra attention to how you feel when you're eating that little, okay? :smile:
    Allison -- deeeeeep breaths! I was never so great a working in groups in school. I'm okay with it in real life assuming I don't have an idiot in my group/on my team. Unfortunately, there seems to be one (um... or more) in every crowd. :tongue:
    Nancy --*hugs* to you. So glad you didn't let yourself turn to food after your bad day! Most of us seem to be emotional eaters so we all know what a huge accomplishment that is!
    Ann -- Fingers crossed we'll be bump buddies! :wink: And you just keep your twin baby dust to yourself! One will be quite enough for me this round!
    Laura -- I hope your daughter starts feeling better today. Take care of yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    checking in for yesterday:
    calories: over ... my evening meal wasn't good - and I was conscious that I was over-full but just kept on eating. aargh! :sick:
    exercise: good - an hour of step
    water: not very good
    proud: I'm back to tracking
  • I feel great this morning (well, aside from the nausea :laugh:)! I think I've had this year's "Aha!" moment and I feel like I'm really back on track to lose about 5-10 pounds before my 2nd trimester. The goal is to eat *at least* 1500 *healthy* calories every day and exercise 4-5 days/week. I can't exercise quite as intensely as I was before but since I've been exercising for over a year I think I can get going pretty good and still keep it safe for me & the little one. I'll keep my heartrate lower than usual and I'll be sure not to get overheated and mainly, I'll just listen to my body instead of pushing as hard as I usually do. I want a cute baby bump, darn it, not a big fat flabby one like I'm going to have if I keep up what I've been doing.:happy: Time to lose the baby weight before I gain it! :laugh:

ladeb -- Welcome! :flowerforyou:
    Meokk -- I don't think the 1000 calorie deficit is some hard & fast rule because everyone is different. All I'm saying is be careful & pay extra attention to how you feel when you're eating that little, okay? :smile:
    Allison -- deeeeeep breaths! I was never so great a working in groups in school. I'm okay with it in real life assuming I don't have an idiot in my group/on my team. Unfortunately, there seems to be one (um... or more) in every crowd. :tongue:
    Nancy --*hugs* to you. So glad you didn't let yourself turn to food after your bad day! Most of us seem to be emotional eaters so we all know what a huge accomplishment that is!
    Ann -- Fingers crossed we'll be bump buddies! :wink: And you just keep your twin baby dust to yourself! One will be quite enough for me this round!
    Laura -- I hope your daughter starts feeling better today. Take care of yourself! :flowerforyou:

Thank you Julie.
  • LittleSpy
    There, I gave myself an honest ticker. Yep, 196.2 this morning. REALITY -- I've gained 4.8 pounds in 4.5 weeks of pregnancy (And I've only actually been pregnant 2.5 of those 4.5 weeks!)
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    There, I gave myself an honest ticker. Yep, 196.2 this morning. REALITY -- I've gained 4.8 pounds in 4.5 weeks of pregnancy (And I've only actually been pregnant 2.5 of those 4.5 weeks!)
    Julie I know exactly wait you mean .In 8 weeks of pregnancy I had alrady gained 7 pounds.I was like what the heck is going on.Now I am having the same food adversions but losing weight lol.I ate 1800 calories yesterday and the day before and probably the day before that.Danced around silly with my girls for an hour yesterday and cleaned house both days and I woke up this morning to a pound lost.Well technically .6 of a pound but I will definitely take it.Thanks for the fingers crossed I think I am wearing my husband out at night and in the mornings lol:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :tongue: :wink: (*TMI* I know I know)
  • awestfall
    Hey is sex considered a form of exercise LOL if so I need to start adding it as my exercise for the day lol
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Ann: I definitely count sex as a form of exercise! Sending thoughts and prayers your way!

Julie: It looks like I'm making the salsa chicken for dinner tonight. The bf thought it sounded delicious when I told him about it last night.

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Over by 677
    Sodium: Over by 1588
    Water: 64 oz.
    Exercise: None
    Proud: I didn't beat myself up over eating poorly all weekend.
    Like: My sense of humor...I can find the humor in almost anything.
  • awestfall
    Ann: I definitely count sex as a form of exercise! Sending thoughts and prayers your way!

Julie: It looks like I'm making the salsa chicken for dinner tonight. The bf thought it sounded delicious when I told him about it last night.

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Over by 677
    Sodium: Over by 1588
    Water: 64 oz.
    Exercise: None
    Proud: I didn't beat myself up over eating poorly all weekend.
    Like: My sense of humor...I can find the humor in almost anything.
    Thanks Heather
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Well tracking yesterday didn't happen. I guess I could start today huh? Can't seem to get my butt in gear! Theres way too much consuming my brain! :grumble: Time for no more excuses. It's time to get back to this. For me. I need this for myself.
  • Calories- Way over, need to find something else to do when I get stressed besides eat. Totally not beating myself up over it. Tomorrow is a new day and I didn't get this way overnight and it sure won't come off that way either.
    Water- 64 oz.
    Exercise- nada
    Proud- That I am not beating myself up for eating too much and for the fact that I realize that I am human and I will mess up.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    hey girls,

sorry I have been MIA...

Ann, sending you postive vibes and some fairy dust:heart:

Laura, we all have bad days..this is a lifestyle change not a diet..:flowerforyou: for being true to yourself..we didn't gain in one day so we can't expect it to come off in one day...hugs to you :)

Jess, I felt like that all last week, but I tried to motivate myself by reading the sucess stories on MFP or going to self.com or women's health.com to get my motivation back..slowly but surly it is come back. I just finish my 5 mile walk and I felt empowered..I know that sounds silly, but 6 months ago I could even walk 3 miles without getting really tired. Today I walked 5 and I feel I can go for more..and I use how I felt as my motivation to keep going..I hope that make sense..:flowerforyou: for being an amazing MFP friend...so get back to us whenevery you can..we will be waiting

I wanted to comment on more post but now I forgot what to say...sorry
  • hey girls,

sorry I have been MIA...

Ann, sending you postive vibes and some fairy dust:heart:

Laura, we all have bad days..this is a lifestyle change not a diet..:flowerforyou: for being true to yourself..we didn't gain in one day so we can't expect it to come off in one day...hugs to you :)

Jess, I felt like that all last week, but I tried to motivate myself by reading the sucess stories on MFP or going to self.com or women's health.com to get my motivation back..slowly but surly it is come back. I just finish my 5 mile walk and I felt empowered..I know that sounds silly, but 6 months ago I could even walk 3 miles without getting really tired. Today I walked 5 and I feel I can go for more..and I use how I felt as my motivation to keep going..I hope that make sense..:flowerforyou: for being an amazing MFP friend...so get back to us whenevery you can..we will be waiting

I wanted to comment on more post but now I forgot what to say...sorry

Thanks I am so not going to beat myself up over it like I used to do then I would get frustrated and quit but not this time. I am here till I reach my goal if it takes me forever. :drinker:
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Checking in for today........

Calories - 1238
    Water - good
    Exercise - 15 mins walking aka NOTHING!!!!!!
    Proud - My belly line is dissappearing - you know what I'm talking about, that line or fold under the belly hang down - Woo Hoo !!!!

LilSpy - Thanks for your concern. After hearing your stories and knowing what you have gone through I'm definitely cautious. Just out of interest I punched in all of my info as if I were already at my target weight and set my goal to maintain that weight - well MFP only wants me to eat 1600 cals per day once I reach my target weight in order to maintain. NO WONDER I got so fat, eating 2,000 cals per day for me is way too much.
    So anyway, I'm only going to do the 1,000 cals 2-3 days per week and 1,200 or higher on other days. The weekly average should come out to 1,200 or more per day.

Anyone heard from Raider Ape lately ??? Maybe I missed something while I was in full wedding crisis mode
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Had a much better day today. Whew!

The great news is that I have lost 3 of the eight pounds I've gained. Almost to an honest ticker!

check in:
    cals: under a bit
    water: 100
    exercise: rest day - only a 30 minute walk
    proud: one of my work issues was resolved without me having to go to a higher authority
    I LIKE: that I can make my students feel special :heart:
  • awestfall
    OMG I just walked 5.5miles at 4mph in one hour and burnt 515 calories .I can't believe I actually worked out today and didn't quit after 15 minutes.I am so super proud of myself.I think I will try to do this every other day so I don't get burnt out on exercise and then I am going to continue to eat anywhere from 1300-1600 calories a day depending on how hungry I am.According to my Wii I have lost 5.5 pounds since I was on the Wii the last time.How cool is that?I am really trying to focus on my weight loss so if I am not pregnant this month I will be soon and I will be in the right direction of healthy and stay there.Even if I do get pregnant soon I plan on still trying to lose weight while pregnant just not as much as I am trying for now.My OB said it would be safe for me to lose weight in early pregnancy since I am still overweight but she said it would not hurt the baby at all if I were to get pregnant and try to still lose some weight.Some docs are against this altogether but she said as long as I was getting proper nutrition and reasonable exercise without overexerting myself it would be great for me and my future pregnancy.I can't wait but until then I am just focusing on getting my body prepared for that time.I want a somewhat cute baby bump and not a roll of flab.Although I have to say I had a huge round belly with both of my other girls and everyone told me it was cute I wanted one of those itty bitty basketball bellys like the skinny girls have.You know the ones were you have no idea there pregnant until there due lol.I will have my baby bump soon I can feel it but in the mean time I am getting me healthy to prepare for it.I am glad I have reviewed myself and in a much better mood and outlook on my future.Thanks for all your support.I was sitting at home last night thinking that maybe I lost the baby because it was Gods way of saying something would have been wrong with him or her or it could have been a risk to my life and he wanted me to re-evaluate myself on getting healthy because I had fell off the wagon once I fell pregnant.Maybe this was my push to get on track and he would bless me again very soon with another bundle of joy but he wanted me to get myself back on track.Who knows but I do know things happen for a reason and that reason is unkown but I feel like God's giving me a second chance to do it right and get myself back on track so I can have a happy healthy baby.Ok rant over Sorry
  • LittleSpy
    Meokk -- as delicious as your imaginary coney sounds (:sick: :laugh:), a "coney" is just a hot dog with (all meat) chili. Which, honestly, isn't much more appetizing to me than your creation. :tongue:
    Ann - I think the reason people freak out about losing weight during pregnancy is because of all the ignorance that surrounds weightloss in the general population. It would be a bad idea for doctors to encourage overweight women to lose weight during early pregnancy because so many women think they have to starve themselves or take pills to lose weight. Eating an appropriate amount of healthy and nutritious food and staying active in a moderate way can only be good for mother & baby. :smile:

I'm joining Nancy on the "better day" bandwagon for yesterday! Yay!

Calories: 1719 (Goal 1709 -- and my little indulgence that put me over was a cup of chocolate milk :smile:)
    Exercise: 35 minute walk
    Water: 10 cups
    Proud: Back on it! Healthy baby & healthy momma time!
  • awestfall
    My goal to work towards for the end of the year is to get 9 points off my BMI so I will finally just be OVERWEIGHT instead of obese.I am going to aim for 10 pounds before the end of the year but if I exceed that GREAT.My mojo is back.
  • awestfall
    Meokk -- as delicious as your imaginary coney sounds (:sick: :laugh:), a "coney" is just a hot dog with (all meat) chili. Which, honestly, isn't much more appetizing to me than your creation. :tongue:
    Ann - I think the reason people freak out about losing weight during pregnancy is because of all the ignorance that surrounds weightloss in the general population. It would be a bad idea for doctors to encourage overweight women to lose weight during early pregnancy because so many women think they have to starve themselves or take pills to lose weight. Eating an appropriate amount of healthy and nutritious food and staying active in a moderate way can only be good for mother & baby. :smile:

I'm joining Nancy on the "better day" bandwagon for yesterday! Yay!

Calories: 1719 (Goal 1709 -- and my little indulgence that put me over was a cup of chocolate milk :smile:)
    Exercise: 35 minute walk
    Water: 10 cups
    Proud: Back on it! Healthy baby & healthy momma time!
    Im joinin you and Nancy too on the "better day" bandwagon for yesterday and today YAY!!! I can't wait to drop some weight and get preggers again.
This discussion has been closed.