Daily Check In - Summer 2014

Options

Replies

• lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? no ... not happy with myself - great all day and then blew it at night - typical
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? no
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? made an attempt at a low carb bedtime snack
    What would I have done differently? not had baked potato for supper
    What is today's personal goals? track, already did 60 minute step

Sun - rest
    Mon - 60 min. step - DONE
    Tues - mow lawn - nope
    Wed - 30 min. step & 30 minutes body pump- DONE
    Thurs - 45 min. step - missed
    Fri -60 min. step - DONE
    Sat - 30 min. walk
  • DahliaBanker
    DahliaBanker Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys, I've been MIA for a few days? Been gone for a month makes you busy for a few days when you get home! :noway:

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Hadn't set one, but doing really well!
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Got a couple of good walks in and got new treadmill put together and walked it too!
    What would I have done differently? Nothing except need to increase calories. Not eating enough but not hungry.
    What is today's personal goals? Eat closer to 1000-1200 calories and increase treadmill to 3 mph

Sun - 2 hrs walking and 30 Min treadmill
    Mon - 2 hrs walking and 30 min treadmill ( 2% elevation/2.5 mph)
    Tues - 2 hrs walking ans 30 min treadmill
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat - 1.25 walk 30 min treadmill
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I hope you won't mind me trying to get back into this again. I know I need the daily check ins but this year was the year I had to solve the employment problems caused by the economic downturn for me and in order to get there I had to take part-time jobs until I had too many. Now I have 2 relatively good jobs and one is even in my field. My schedule is still hectic but I have to do a better job to fit health and fitness back into the equation. I can't check in in the mornings during the week right now but will try to check in sometime in the day. I have read some of your earlier posts and the latest page of posts and it is great to check in with you. I missed you all. Dahlia congratulations!

I have managed to log-in daily except for recently when we were at our annual family camping trip. A long weekend my side of the family takes together every summer. I also I had a few days where I went straight from work to a long evening of fun that ended after midnight. So I logged in too late and reset my log in days. I usually go back and log in my camping days when I get back but this year I wasn't as rigorous with that. I felt it was just time for a fresh start afterwards. So after a busy week of work I have spent some time to get back into doing more than logging each day this weekend.

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? yes or almost I take out fruit from my sugar total and was very close to staying under that which is my problem area. I try to have 2 portions of fruit a day and that is all the sugar I need. I keep working on lowering this.
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? well I just started back but I would say yes. I posted my monthly goals on 40/50 + Group
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? I replaced my fitbit zip and I opened up my daily tracking spreadsheet again and updated it and logged, exercise calories, weight and redid my goals
    What would I have done differently? made sure my husband did more of his part on the iced latte we were sharing
    What is today's personal goals? do some meal planning, more water and some exercise

Sun - swimming in the sound during my camping trip, long walks to the campground bathrooms
    Mon - packing and unpacking camping gear, long walks to the campground bathrooms
    Tues - aquafit
    Wed - none
    Thurs - short walk around the neighborhood with my husband 30 minutes
    Fri -walked up the hill and back for froyo with my family (dinner with my son) 30 minutes total
    Sat - aquafit
  • DahliaBanker
    Options
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? No, didn't eat enough calories
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Spent all day being active!
    What would I have done differently? Nothing except need to increase calories. Not eating enough but not hungry.
    What is today's personal goals? Eat closer to 1000-1200 calories and increase elevation to 3%

Sun -
    Mon -
    Tues -
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat - 1.25 walk 30 min treadmill
  • DahliaBanker
    Options
    Welcome back KeriA! I started back here again a little over a month ago. Reset my starting weight and goals and started again! I'm doing great so far! Back home from month long trip so hope to do as well now that we are back to the hustle and bustle of life! Gd luck to you!
  • fittiefoodiemommy
    fittiefoodiemommy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? No
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes [sticking to my workout schedule]
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Hosted a rather successful Angry Birds Star Wars birthday party for my now 2 & 4 year old boys! :)
    What would I have done differently? Resisted some of the treats that I over indulged in! ;)
    What is today's personal goals? Eat clean, log, stick to workout plan

Would love to have more active friends in the MFP community for support/accountability! If that sounds like you, please add me! :)
  • DahliaBanker
    Options
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Spent the evening with friends with lots of snacks and didn't have any!
    What would I have done differently? Nothing
    What is today's personal goals? Get 2 hours of exercise in

Sun - 1 hour walk and 30 min treadmill. (3 elevation @ 2.5 mph)
    Mon -
    Tues -
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? no ... bad food choices over the weekend
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? hmmm
    What would I have done differently? almost everything

Sun -
    Tues - walk
    Wed - 45 min. step & 30 minutes body pump
    Thurs - 45 min. step or walk
    Fri -60 min. step
    Sat - 60 min. step & 30 minutes body pump (or walk if out of town)
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? didn't track but not a terrible food day
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? didn't set any
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? went to the beach with my daughter and sister. I live about 20 minutes from the beach and I go once a year (maybe). I'm not a fan of the beach in the summer. The water grosses me out :-) Yesterday it was low tide - I saw baby jelly fish, fish, baby crabs - lord help me!!! I sat in the shade because I couldn't bear to go in the water again and it was hot out. My skin also appreciated that decision to sit in the shade. LOL I've been like this my entire life. I'm a pool girl :-) The only reason I went was because my sister's friend owned it :-)
    What would I have done differently? Um - get more steps in.
    What is today's personal goals? check in, track and the elliptical. I did 60 minutes on the elliptical today. Last week I did none :grumble: I feel so much better. It's the best therapy!

Sun -
    Mon - 60 mins elliptical
    Tues -
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? no ... bad food choices over the weekend
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? hmmm
    What would I have done differently? almost everything

Sun -
    Tues - walk
    Wed - 45 min. step & 30 minutes body pump
    Thurs - 45 min. step or walk
    Fri -60 min. step
    Sat - 60 min. step & 30 minutes body pump (or walk if out of town)

Thank god for Monday!!! :bigsmile:
  • goldk
    Options
    I hope you won't mind me trying to get back into this again. I know I need the daily check ins but this year was the year I had to solve the employment problems caused by the economic downturn for me and in order to get there I had to take part-time jobs until I had too many. Now I have 2 relatively good jobs and one is even in my field. My schedule is still hectic but I have to do a better job to fit health and fitness back into the equation. I can't check in in the mornings during the week right now but will try to check in sometime in the day. I have read some of your earlier posts and the latest page of posts and it is great to check in with you. I missed you all. Dahlia congratulations!

I have managed to log-in daily except for recently when we were at our annual family camping trip. A long weekend my side of the family takes together every summer. I also I had a few days where I went straight from work to a long evening of fun that ended after midnight. So I logged in too late and reset my log in days. I usually go back and log in my camping days when I get back but this year I wasn't as rigorous with that. I felt it was just time for a fresh start afterwards. So after a busy week of work I have spent some time to get back into doing more than logging each day this weekend.

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? yes or almost I take out fruit from my sugar total and was very close to staying under that which is my problem area. I try to have 2 portions of fruit a day and that is all the sugar I need. I keep working on lowering this.
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? well I just started back but I would say yes. I posted my monthly goals on 40/50 + Group
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? I replaced my fitbit zip and I opened up my daily tracking spreadsheet again and updated it and logged, exercise calories, weight and redid my goals
    What would I have done differently? made sure my husband did more of his part on the iced latte we were sharing
    What is today's personal goals? do some meal planning, more water and some exercise

Sun - swimming in the sound during my camping trip, long walks to the campground bathrooms
    Mon - packing and unpacking camping gear, long walks to the campground bathrooms
    Tues - aquafit
    Wed - none
    Thurs - short walk around the neighborhood with my husband 30 minutes
    Fri -walked up the hill and back for froyo with my family (dinner with my son) 30 minutes total
    Sat - aquafit

Welcome back! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? no ... not happy with myself - great all day and then blew it at night - typical
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? made an attempt at a low carb bedtime snack
    What would I have done differently? not had baked potato for supper

Sun - rest
    Tues - mow lawn - nope
    Wed - 30 min. step & 30 minutes body pump- DONE
    Thurs - 45 min. step - missed
    Fri -60 min. step - DONE
    Sat - 30 min. walk

No beating yourself up!!! Keep going :-)
  • KeriA
    Options
    Thanks for welcoming back!

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? yes
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? I had to look but yes I did!?
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Well this is today, we went to dinner with my son and afterwards they all got crepes stuffed with something yummy. I didn't have any. Instead when my son sounded sad for me I said what would really make me happy is a walk around the shops, We were at an open air mall.
    What would I have done differently? a little more exercise in one sitting.
    What is today's personal goals? stay low on sugar

Sun - none
    Mon - parked a long way from work and took a short walk with my family
    Tues -
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • DahliaBanker
    Options
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? First full day at home alone and didn't sneak anything I shouldn't have eaten! AND....I had written down my neck, waist, and hip measurements in late June and I checked yesterday and have lost a total of 7 inches from these areas! :flowerforyou:

Mon - 1 hr cleaning, 45 min walk, and 30 min treadmill
    Tues -
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? didn't have much of a plan, but did ok anyhow
    What would I have done differently? didn't need the pretzels and peanuts
    What is today's personal goals? track, walk 30 minutes

Sun - rest
    Tues - walk 30 minutes
    Wed - 30 min. step & 30 min. body pump
    Thurs - 45 min. step
    Fri -60 min. step
    Sat - 60 min. step & 30 min. body pump
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have MIA for such a long time now, we have been boating and all I have doing
    is tracking my exercise so I don't lose my days.

Leaving again on Thursday for a wedding in Northern Ontario where my MIL's house is.

I probably won't fill out this week's report as things are really crazy now. I will return
    on Monday and start again for at least a little while until we leave again at the end
    of the month for another boating club cruise. Our last one of the season.

Keep on going friends, I am with you. I have gained 5 pounds since my last vacation
    but down 2 this morning which probably was water weight.

Now to do some gardening and get things cleaned up around here and hopefully
    a walk too later today.

Enjoy your week and will be back soon.

Shirley
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? didn't track but making good food choices. Last night I had grilled chicken, quinoa and an avocado, red onion, tomato, and feta cheese salad. YUMMO!!
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? didn't track
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? got back to the Y and did 60 mins on the elliptical.
    What would I have done differently? nothing
    What is today's personal goals? check in and the elliptical.

Sun -
    Mon - 60 mins elliptical
    Tues - 40 mins elliptical
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • KeriA
    Options
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? meh
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? I was tempted to stop for a treat in a spare hour but didn't and I only ate half of my dinner while out with friends tonight
    What would I have done differently? maybe not had the vietnamese coffee tonight with dinner
    What is today's personal goals? stay low on sugar and fit in some exercise or more steps

Sun - none
    Mon - parked a long way from work and took a short walk with my family
    Tues - aquafit
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? no
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? made good choices most of the day
    What would I have done differently? really bad bedtime snack - such a hard time of day for me
    What is today's personal goals? track, 45 minutes Step & 30 Body Pump

Sun - rest
    Tues - walk - maybe 10 minutes :(
    Wed - 45 min. step & 30 min. body pump
    Thurs - 45 min. step
    Fri -60 min. step
    Sat - 60 min. step & 30 min. body pump
  • DahliaBanker
    Options
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Made a BIG pot of veg soup for "go-to" meals and put up several freezer bags of crushed tomatoes. Now to find some corn!

Mon - 1 hr cleaning, 45 min walk, and 30 min treadmill
    Tues - 1 hr cleaning, 1 hr walk, and 30 min treadmill
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -