What's with the pose, ladies?

Options

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I call this the planking AND "awkward bikini pic"....two in one. It's not at all forced because there's no hand on the hip...sooo natural.

Is-Hangmatting-the-New-Planking-560x372.jpg

This is actually pretty neat! I'd try it with a bunch of mats below me!

Its photoshoped. Were the hell did her shadow go?

Judging by the angles of all the shadows in the pic, I'd say it's where that big blob of dark is on the far right side of the pic. I don't think it's photoshopped.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I call this the planking AND "awkward bikini pic"....two in one. It's not at all forced because there's no hand on the hip...sooo natural.

Judging by the angles of all the shadows in the pic, I'd say it's where that big blob of dark is on the far right side of the pic. I don't think it's photoshopped.

I can see where the big blob might be, but to have no hint of shadow at all from around where her butt is and up? If you look at the other shadowing around, the angle should at least show something, I would think.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I put my hand up on your hips!! When you dip. I dip. We dip!!

Then we dip down low, and we roll to the ground!!!

Stuck in your head now isn't it!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    You can't see it, but my hand is on my hip in my profile pic.

Enjoy being annoyed by a trivial detail you have no control over.

One of these days, your hand is going to freeze like that.

You're not the boss of me!
  • TutuMom41
    TutuMom41 Posts: 278
    Options
    I am a professional Photographer. Not trying to say I know everything about everything but I would also like to see her muscles in this photo look like they are actually working not like she is lounging. It takes a lot of energy to maintain a pose like that.
  • TutuMom41
    Options

I can see where the big blob might be, but to have no hint of shadow at all from around where her butt is and up? If you look at the other shadowing around, the angle should at least show something, I would think.

I am a professional Photographer. Not trying to say I know everything about everything but I would also like to see her muscles in this photo look like they are actually working not like she is lounging. It takes a lot of energy to maintain a pose like that.
  • TutuMom41
    Options

not to mention the shadow would be behind her like it is on the posts of the structure she is supposedly posing on.
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I pose with my hand on my hip because I'm awkward as f**k and I don't know what to do with my arms/hands/whatever at any given time. Sometimes when I'm going about my day, my hands flail wildly about my head, sometimes they wiggle gently behind me like they are blowing in the breeze. In an effort to appear to be a normal human being I've decided that the hip is the most natural looking place for me to rest my hand during photos. Apparently I'm wrong about that and it is "unnatural". I will ensure that in future selfies I am holding my phone with both hands and staring at it as if it is about to reveal all the secrets of the universe, as you have so wisely chosen for your profile pic.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Here's one answer for you: arms looks skinnier when you pose it on your hip, so someone once told me. LOL!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    << I've worked darn hard to get here so yep I'm gonna pose lol
  • brower47
    Options

The butt shadow is the rounded shape connected to the shadow of the post her shoulders are resting against. If it's photoshopped, what is the shadow connected to the post her legs are resting on? If she's added in, the top of the horizontal post should be clearly showing as a shadow on the ground.

I'm not 100% (I've been wrong more times than I can count on my fingers and toes) but I'm still going with legit.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    i've noticed the same thing
  • TutuMom41
    Options

The butt shadow is the rounded shape connected to the shadow of the post her shoulders are resting against. If it's photoshopped, what is the shadow connected to the post her legs are resting on? If she's added in, the top of the horizontal post should be clearly showing as a shadow on the ground.

I'm not 100% (I've been wrong more times than I can count on my fingers and toes) but I'm still going with legit.

I would bet that it is but wow if she can hold her body like that with such comfort and ease. I must be a big ole winp (puts her hands on her hips) ;)
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    still better than all those weird laying-down bikini pictures people have lately.

^^^^This!
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    << I've worked darn hard to get here so yep I'm gonna pose lol

Hands on hips. Minus 10 points. 0/10, would not do.
  • brower47
    Options
    When I take a picture with my hands on my hips, I make sure that my fingers are discreetly pointing to my fun zone. Discretion is key to subliminal messaging.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Should I raise them in the air, like I just don't care?

Seriously, what do you do with your arms in pictures?
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    When I take a picture with my hands on my hips, I make sure that my fingers are discreetly pointing to my fun zone. Discretion is key to subliminal messaging.

Can I clean the kitchen and do the laundry for you?

Wait, why did I just say that? :laugh:
  • stickersticker
    stickersticker Posts: 140 Member
    Options

Charming and funny
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Never noticed. I'm always distracted by the writing on your shirt.