What's with the pose, ladies?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I call this the planking AND "awkward bikini pic"....two in one. It's not at all forced because there's no hand on the hip...sooo natural.

Is-Hangmatting-the-New-Planking-560x372.jpg

This is actually pretty neat! I'd try it with a bunch of mats below me!

Its photoshoped. Were the hell did her shadow go?

Judging by the angles of all the shadows in the pic, I'd say it's where that big blob of dark is on the far right side of the pic. I don't think it's photoshopped.

I can see where the big blob might be, but to have no hint of shadow at all from around where her butt is and up? If you look at the other shadowing around, the angle should at least show something, I would think.

I am a professional Photographer. Not trying to say I know everything about everything but I would also like to see her muscles in this photo look like they are actually working not like she is lounging. It takes a lot of energy to maintain a pose like that.

not to mention the shadow would be behind her like it is on the posts of the structure she is supposedly posing on.

Edited my analysis because it's irrelevant to the point the picture was making.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I'm not a professional model. I do my best not to smile straight at the camera like it's school picture day. I usually end up tilting my head and aiming my dimple towards the camera. I know it may not always be the best pose, but that's the one I know.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    It's a flattering angle in that when the hand is on the hip, it provides a visual draw to the taper on the waist - thereby either emphasizing the hourglass look, or even simply the appearance of the waist.

It is particularly effective when the person posing is wearing a loose(r) fitting top, as it draws the material close to the body, and removes bulk.

Furthermore, the elbow then tends to angle outward which increases the white space between body and arm - again emphasizing a waist.
    (http://photography.tutsplus.com/tutorials/7-posing-techniques-for-non-models--photo-15608 see point 4 in case you are really interested and not just picking something to complain about) :)

that...
    and I never quite never know where to put my hand in a picture otherwise.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    that...
    and I never quite never know where to put my hand in a picture otherwise.

I don't either. That's why I just try to carry this barbell around with me wherever I go, so I can put my hands on it when people take my picture.
  • Supahvixen
    Supahvixen Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Because I haven't quite mastered the "holding the phone like a squirrel holds an acorn pose". But I'm working on it. :wink:
  • Excuse_less
    Excuse_less Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Because I haven't quite mastered the "holding the phone like a squirrel holds an acorn pose". But I'm working on it. :wink:

You are forgiven !!!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I call this the planking AND "awkward bikini pic"....two in one. It's not at all forced because there's no hand on the hip...sooo natural.

Is-Hangmatting-the-New-Planking-560x372.jpg

This is actually pretty neat! I'd try it with a bunch of mats below me!

Its photoshoped. Were the hell did her shadow go?

Judging by the angles of all the shadows in the pic, I'd say it's where that big blob of dark is on the far right side of the pic. I don't think it's photoshopped.

I can see where the big blob might be, but to have no hint of shadow at all from around where her butt is and up? If you look at the other shadowing around, the angle should at least show something, I would think.

The butt shadow is the rounded shape connected to the shadow of the post her shoulders are resting against. If it's photoshopped, what is the shadow connected to the post her legs are resting on? If she's added in, the top of the horizontal post should be clearly showing as a shadow on the ground.

I'm not 100% (I've been wrong more times than I can count on my fingers and toes) but I'm still going with legit.

That is a good point. :D
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    When I take a picture with my hands on my hips, I make sure that my fingers are discreetly pointing to my fun zone. Discretion is key to subliminal messaging.

/endthread :bigsmile:
  • jennalennafur
    jennalennafur Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    People will do what they want in a picture....
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Lol what, like the one in my profile pic?

Look at me. I'm fat. I don't have style or a good idea of how to look or feel sexy. I'm awkward. I don't take good photos of my body because I've avoided taking pictures of my body my entire life. Sorry I don't conform to your idea of the perfect pose :'(:'(
  • Kazzam33
    Kazzam33 Posts: 210
    Options
    It seems like some women simply cannot pose for a picture without one or both hands on their hips or waist. What's up with that? It looks incredibly awkward and forced to me.
    Was it incredibly awkward and forced when you put your hand on your hip in that one pic?

lS56nb9.gif
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    It's how I roll.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I mean, I guess I can just stick to sorority squatting if it's really that big of a deal to you...

10087250b12adf60b850c4c049e2447e56dc1bb3efe203cf69ab5ecef6336652.jpg
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Lol what, like the one in my profile pic?

Look at me. I'm fat. I don't have style or a good idea of how to look or feel sexy. I'm awkward. I don't take good photos of my body because I've avoided taking pictures of my body my entire life. Sorry I don't conform to your idea of the perfect pose :'(:'(

I looked at you... And I didn't see "fat" or "awkward". I saw a beautiful lady, with gorgeous hair and great skin, who looks like she is a touch sassy. I see a mom of a happy kid, who is watching her mom learn to take better care of herself, and learn to love herself in the process.

Hun... I think you need a new mirror.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I don't put my hands on my hips for pics.. But I do when I do the Tootsie Roll!!

I put my hands upon my hips.. when I dip, you dip, we dip....

Cant find a Tootsie Roll gif!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Now I have this song running around my head...

I apparently do a pose where I always have one hand behind my back.... I was asked if I had something wrong with it, because it's always there... see profile pic, I am doing it again :tongue: