Fat people ambassador

Options

Replies

• LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    You have my support, Ambassador ;)
    I wish I could see all these born skinny smart *kitten* if they had my metabolism. Half of them would be beyond morbidly obese, no disability needed. I envy the genes but they have no right to say anything.

You keep telling yourself that. Any excuse will do for failure. On the other hand, success takes hard work and personal responsibility, as well as the mindset to weather difficulty and setbacks. It's your path and your life.

I don't need any ambassador to feed me excuses as to why I'm fat. I worked hard to be fat so now its only fair I work hard to be healthy.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Also, for someone who gets their knickers in this big of a twist over not treating people equally, you certainly were doing a pretty good job at demeaning those who are "naturally thin." They're people, too, and they have their own struggles. Besides, how do you distinguish? I triple dog dare you to pick one out of this bunch. Dare. You.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Also, for someone who gets their knickers in this big of a twist over not treating people equally, you certainly were doing a pretty good job at demeaning those who are "naturally thin." They're people, too, and they have their own struggles. Besides, how do you distinguish? I triple dog dare you to pick one out of this bunch. Dare. You.

KAWABUNGA DUDE!
  • pdank311
    pdank311 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Unless you were out taking a walk while you typed this, the time you wasted on your rant could have been used better IMHO.

Didn't need an ambassador when I was fat, I certainly don't need one now.

Focus on yourself and not others or other's opinions. So much wasted energy that could be channeled into something positive.

While you learn to do that, I will focus on the rack of ribs I'm going to eat tonight.

Congrats on your IQ btw, hope it helps you sleep at night.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    You're making fat people sound like they're all very bitter and angry when I know that's not true. That's not going to help anything, or anyone. I'm sorry you have had a hard time and are angry, but please do not perpetuate that stereotype. Skinny people don't have it together either; no group of people completely has their *kitten* together.
  • katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Ummm... An IQ of 126 wasn't sufficient enough to tell you that you need to consume less calories in order to benefit your life?

IQ tests really are over-rated.

But apparently it DOES enable one to be a bit psychic... They know the skinny people haven't had weight issues and don't understand. (Yeah, I've actually had two "friends" make remarks to me about that...totally dismissing that I have counted calories, boned up on good nutrition facts, AND gotten up extra early nearly every morning to work out the past couple of years.)

That IQ also apparently allows one to "read" a pitiful look. Huh? I have friends of every flavor, color and stripe (including different body shapes), and I'd best learn what a pitiful look "looks like" so that my friends don't act, think or talk about me this way. Oh wait, I guess I wouldn't consider them friends if they did...

12029845.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    When I was fat (for much of my life, from 13-20 190-210, lost 85 lbs when I was 21... then up and down for 10 years to now - the last time, I think) I was also a unique snowflake who defied the laws of thermodynamics. I hardly ate ANYTHING and I just COULDN'T lose weight, because "genetics" and because "metabolism."

JK SARCASM, I was fat because I have binge eating disorder and was lazy.

I was able to overcome BED, I haven't binged in 8 months -the longest stretch in my entire life, wuz up- stop making excuses for yourself and other people OP. Anyone who's been where you are and come to where I am knows it's 100% BS.
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything you said. But most of us are fat because of what we eat. So really it's something that's our problem. Not others. I don't think Pete should be mean but could it be our self consciousness be causing us to be too sensitive and defensive. I wasn't that upset about being fat but now that I'm losing weight, I am really bothered by it. We need to focus on the positive and not worry about others.
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Ummm... An IQ of 126 wasn't sufficient enough to tell you that you need to consume less calories in order to benefit your life?

But apparently it DOES enable one to be a bit psychic... They know the skinny people haven't had weight issues and don't understand. (Yeah, I've actually had two "friends" make remarks to me about that...totally dismissing that I have counted calories, boned up on good nutrition facts, AND gotten up extra early nearly every morning to work out the past couple of years.)

That IQ also apparently allows one to "read" a pitiful look. Huh? I have friends of every flavor, color and stripe (including different body shapes), and I'd best learn what a pitiful look "looks like" so that my friends don't act, think or talk about me this way. Oh wait, I guess I wouldn't consider them friends if they did...

12029845.png

Maybe if I had an IQ of 126 I could know everything about everyone just by looking at them. Does MENSA know about this?
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I just have one question. Where is the OP?

For an "Ambassador" she is doing a horrible job keeping up with her own thread let alone keeping up with all the "fat" people she is supposedly representing.
  • bonkosaurusrex
    Options
    I wish I could see all these born skinny smart *kitten* if they had my metabolism. Half of them would be beyond morbidly obese, no disability needed. I envy the genes but they have no right to say anything.

lolwut?

Ignorant.
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I hear where you're coming from. I do. But I want to submit to you, for your consideration, this:

What if I told you that a lot/many of the "skinny" people you see also have thyroid and other hormone issues, also battle depression, also have injuries that limit them. Knowing that they fight the same emotional battle as you every day, would you see them differently?

Definitely this. Just because I'm thin doesn't mean I haven't had to fight battles that would give you nightmares...
  • rednose83
    rednose83 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Fat or thin is not genetic.

Unless a medical condition it is a choice!

What medical conditions force a person to consume above their TDEE?

And what percentage of the overweight to obese are inflicted with said conditions that force them to consume above their TDEE?

There are a few, and someone with PCOS will have a very difficult time losing without changing lifestyle to increase activity significantly which without that otherwise the needed severe dieting often results in nutritional and hunger issues.

So while I understand the difficulty the OP might have in weight loss, one owns the attitude one brings to the table.

I look at it like this: PCOS (yes, I have it) helps me put on weight.....but in order to put on that weight, I still need to eat the food.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options

For an "Ambassador" she is doing a horrible job keeping up with her own thread let alone keeping up with all the "fat" people she is supposedly representing.

Also, if I was once very fat, am I still a "fat" person? Like, if I still feel fat inside, can I still be represented? Or is it based totally on my outward appearance of "you're thin-therefore-you've-always-been-thin-and-don't-know-what-it's-like" and therefor I'm in the "skinny" camp?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I was just about to write this.

Starting to wonder if...

4UiFU.gif
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Fighting perceived stereotypes with anger and stereotypes?
    Right out of Victimology 101.

:drinker:
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options

12029845.png

Maybe if I had an IQ of 126 I could know everything about everyone just by looking at them. Does MENSA know about this?

MENSA wouldn't concern itself with anyone down in the 120s
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of discrimination against 'skinny' people you got there.

How 'bout you climb down from your high horse and stop worrying about what these 'supposed skinnies' think and just worry about you?

I'm sorry but I don't need an ambassador that is so judgemental and shames people based on stereotypes.
  • srslybritt
    Options
  • srslybritt
    Options

12029845.png

MENSA wouldn't concern itself with anyone down in the 120s

I've been fighting my nerdrage here, but it must come out.

The only reason 126 would be considered "above average" is because it's a curved system. There are people down in the 60-70 region, but they drag down the average. So congratulations on being average, OP. Truly.