Over 200 New Year New Me Part 40

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    I'm here I'm here!! I wasn't here yesterday. Took the day off work to spend with the boy and finish up Christmas shopping..Christmas shopping didn't happen..well for me anyways. :laugh: And then we went to the Mav's game last night. Good news is I'm back down to 210...after seeing the scale go allt he way up to 215 I'm relieved! Almost back down to 207!!

Laila-Don't think for one second that you have let anybody down! We all go through tuff times. Keep coming back here and work through it. Don't give up. You haven't let anybody down. Don't be so hard on yourself girl. *HUGS*

mstahl-I am so sorry to hear about Megan's pup. That broke my heart reading it. I can only imagine how hard it was for you to see Megan let go of her beloved puppy. My thoughts and prayers and with y'all! I feel so honored that you thought of me when you bought your boots. First step boots with a suit..next step cowboy boots! hehe...your description of the snow sounds like heaven! can I come visit!?

Heather-When I heard about all the snow in Minnesota I immediately thought of you! Glad you weathered the storm okay minus the eating.

Julie-You haven't scared anybody off. I love your beginning preggo pic! I'd be willing to bet your going to have a cute little baby bump!

Momma-thoughts are with you today for Ryan's meeting! Thanks for checking in on me. It made me smile yesterday! I needed it. :)

Ann-Hope you can get your car out to get an estimate. Sounds like you got a lot going on right now! Your mother is in my prayers. I know what your going through. It's scary stuff. She's gonna pull through it all wonderfully!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Hey all! I'm back and getting back into the groove. I'm a little bummed because I forgot to log in on Friday so my streak (would have been 300 days yesterday!) is broken. I know how long I've been doing this, but it's such a bummer to lose the number. I was traveling and could have entered in the information, but I just never got to it. Totally my fault!

I think my goal between now and the New Year is to maintain where I'm at. If I can maintain and not gain, then I'll count it as a win.

My brain is a little fried so I have no notes for people. But know I'm thinking about you all and hope you're doing well!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    hey girls I'm here...not 100% but I am trying. ITs been very hard lately with everything going on around here (my home) too much to do in a short amount of time. Thanks girls for the postive feedback. I know I can count on my Over 200 weight loss sistas..who could ask for a better group:heart:?

At this point, I am basically trying to eat healthier (following Jackie's Jumpstart program) and am not exercising yet. I want to get my eating under control.I am counting my calories, somedays I am up (1800+ and other days I am around 1400+) and I am way over on my carbs. For me, carbs are the worst for my body..I know when I eat too much carbs, when I am stressed, I tend to gain it in my stomach...so I can see my gain..so frustrating.

I am not giving up...I'm just working on turtle pace, slow start to hopefully finish the race.

Have a happy and wonderful time this season!

Hugs to all!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    I've been snowed in two days- you would think I'd be on the boards more! But work keeps me busy where ever I am! It's 6:30 and I'm just getting done now.

For being snowed in I've done pretty well. Today I had a nice green salad for lunch and I'm going to grill a couple of chicken breasts and serve them with more green salad for dinner.

Meghan has lost six pounds since Cecil died. She was trying to explain to me how it's hard for her to eat a full days worth of food even when she's feeling happy. I think I must have looked like this - :indifferent: or this :huh: and probably this :noway: She was telling me this while she picked at a brownie. WHO CAN PICK AT A WARM FROM THE OVEN, CHEWY YUMMY BROWNIE?

When I think of Cecil's death I want to eat a tray of brownies. (he was a tri color with a beautiful brown head with a thin white stripe down his nose.)

(Meghan said to tell you thanks for the kind thoughts)

I got on the scale. I'm not up as much as I feared but still up about 15 lbs from where I'd gotten last spring. I'm at 189. I'm not going to change my ticker - just keep working it day by day.

Veronica - just take this day by day. learn to focus on how it feels to have a stomach that is mostly empty and chomping on body fat instead of sugars. Try to imagine your legs eating bits of tummy flab while you walk up the steps - make positive pictures and embrace the experiences. I think I'm becoming more Buddhist as I diet LOL:bigsmile:

OK I'm getting of the laptop - I've been on this since 7:00 and I need to MOVE! Love you girls!!!:heart::heart: :heart:
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Hello ladies,

I got the dreaded autism diagnosis for Ryan. But I am okay with this. The Psychologist said Ryan was a hard one to diagnose. He said that usually within 5 minutes he """KNOWS""" that someone is autistic. He was not 100 % percent sure after 4 hours. Ryan did score on the "test" that autism would be an appropriate diagnosis. He also said he was just a very confusing case. Ryan has great eye contact unless he does not want to do something. Such as picking what would come next in an iq test. He then disconnects. The only reason he eliminated aspergers is because of Ryans severe speech delay. He actually requested Ryan be reevaluated in 2-3 years for autism. He felt like Ryan would be considered an extremely high functioning autistic child.

So good news Ryan has a bright future and he will need the extra help in school and now he can get it. I thought I would fall apart and cry but I did not. The psychologist said if Ryan keeps going the way he is it would become very difficult for someone to know he was autistic. Sorry I rambled but I finally have my answers. Now where do I go from here???????
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Hi everyone
    Excuse the typos. I'm a bot tipsy right now.
    Fun dinner party tonight after another yesterday then off to parties tomorrow and Saturday. After a party last Saturday I realized that the hidays should be about maintaining for me. All this social eating and drinking is HARD!!!!!

Elmox- sorry about your lost streak - we know what time it is though.

Lilspy - I could listen to ur baby talk all day go head

Momma- I know it must be a relief to finally hear an answer even if it's not what you hoped for. Sounds like ryan will be getting the best help. Xoxo

Mstahl - oh poor cecil. I'm so sorry for Megan.

Check in
    Calories - about maintenance with all the wine
    Exercise - 1 hour of brisk walking trying not to freeze
    Water good I think
    Proud - I love my friends. I know that doesn't make sense but did I mention I'm drunk ?!?!?!
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Momma - I'm glad to hear that you have some answers for Ryan and that he's able to get the help he needs. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts!

So Monday, I mentioned I did a circuit workout I found on womenshealthmag.com. I loved it! And now I need assistance to stand/sit because my legs are so sore hahaha. I don't think I'll be recording a loss this week because I have been CRAVING protein and I'm sure my muscles are holding on to water for dear life. I am okay with this, because if I keep up this circuit (which only takes 30 minutes), once my muscles get used to it, the weight will start to melt off again. (YAY!!)

My goal for this weekend (at the boyfriend's parents' house) is to make sure I log everything I eat. It'll be hard to eat perfectly, but I want to keep my streak going :)

Happy Wednesday, all!!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Momma: I'm glad you finally have a diagnosis and that he's classified "high-functioning." Now he'll be able to get more individualized help at school and I'm sure he'll progress beautifully. I know a few kids with autism that the average person would have NO clue they had the diagnosis. I only know because they're in my therapeutic riding group. They're the most wonderful kids! Ryan will be fine with some extra help, I'm sure of it!

So on the healthy journey front, I'm still not staying in the calorie range I should be in but the positive thing is I'm eating double the fruits and veggies I used to and am still drinking at least 64 oz. of water most days (at least during the week; I drink too much soda on weekends!). I'm going with the maintaining until the holidays are over and will hit it hard core after that again. I just really need a bit of a break.

Hope you all have a good day!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    mstahl -- I want some of your snow! We may get a "Wintry mix" tonight/tomorrow morning. I'm hoping it'll be like last year when meteorologists said we'd get a "dusting" of snow & we ended up with nearly a foot (and yes, that amount of snow is absolutely unheard of 'round these parts!).

momma -- I'm so glad you finally got an answer. Sounds like Ryan has a super bright future ahead of him, especially with such an awesome momma. :heart:

meokk -- I love that you checked in tipsy. :laugh: :drinker:

tstout -- Hooray for finding a workout routine you enjoy! I need to figure out one I enjoy that's appropriate for my current "condition." :tongue:

Heather -- I think maintaining over the holidays is a mega win!

I've been horrible this week. I haven't exercised at all because I've been so tired. But I know part of the reason I feel so tired is that I'm not exercising. Stupid catch 22. I kind of feel like if I just let it go & do my best to not be a total fatty I'll be okay. If I weigh over 200 at my first OB appointment, so be it. At least then, I'll be able to be a star patient because it'll be easy for me to lose weight (or at least not gain any more) before my next appointment. :tongue:
  • HeatherMN
    Julie: You can have the snow they're working on clearing out of the Gopher's stadium so that the Vikings game can be held there this week. They need to clear so much snow out of the stadium that they've asked for volunteers to help shovel! Crazy stuff. We're supposed to get another 3-4 inches tonight so if that happens, we'll have well over two feet of snow on the ground. I see snowshoeing in my near future...
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Momma - I'm happy you finally have answers. I recomend you read the book "Horse Boy" - first it will make you feel great about how high functioning Ryan is, and also because it gives hope. Not that you have to buy what happens but the idea that there are ways through this and how all of you can grow (and maybe you'll buy a pony!)

Julie - I drove to work today and it's nowhere near as bad up here (Cleveland) as it is back home (Kent) - but it's still beautiful to me! When I dropped the beagle (Betsy) over the deck railing yesterday she dissapeared in a big puff of fluffy white snow! Then you could see her hopping up to try to see over the snow every few steps - realy cute! She is a snow lover and was happy to play like a puppy for a few hours before we could get her to come back inside. When she was young she used to curl up and sleep out in the snow like she was part husky.

Heather - with your volunteer work you'd love 'Horse Boy' too!

I read an article on the NYT today about how all things equal those who exercise before they eat breakfast will lose more (or gain less) than those who exercise after breakfast. I'm going to push harder to get on the elliptical machine! It was so EASY last year. I've got to just do it.

I keep seeing goals on my calendar for things like 135lbs - sooooo depressing but you know what? I will get there when I stop eating more than I need, and start moving.

That being said, I'm going to get a cup of tea!

Love you guys ! Keep warm!
  • Positively_Me
    Mstahl: so sorry to hear about Megan's poor dog/puppy...sending hugs nd love to you and megan. About the article, I did read if you workout in the morning, before breakfast, your body is burning reserved fat ( old fat )..who knows if that is true...but it does make sence.

Momma: I am so happy you finally have some answers for Ryan and he is able to get the help and education he needs.

Julie: don't ever think that your baby talk is getting boring, on the contrary, I love to hear your stories...so keep posting them.

tstout: Awesome workout yesterday! I missworking out and feeling the pain days later , that's when you know you've had a great workout.

Let me go...son is sick (cough, cold, sore throat, fever) and he's calling...

Laila

Heather: I, like you, will focus on maintaining for the rest of the year, then workout hardcore starting Jan. 3. We can do this, right!
  • Positively_Me
    morning girls,

first let me start by saying, Sorry for all the grammar mistakes listed in my above post. I was in a rush when I wrote it and forgot to proofread and fix.

I have already uploaded my food for today...and I hope I stay accountable to it (crossing my fingers). I am not going to exercise until the beginning of Jan. I am going to focus on my eating and getting it under control. I tend to mess up during dinner time. I think I eat too much. I will get back incontrol soon, I hope. I have not weighed myself since last Friday. I don't feel a gain but I also don't feel a loss either. I am so afraid of what the scale reads.

Have a great day girls!
  • HeatherMN
    Laila: Like you, I do great with the eating all day long and sabotage it all by overdoing it at dinner. I don't know how to stop this. I love big meals in the evening and unfortunately, so does the bf!

Melinda: I have read "Horse Boy" and found it inspiring. I have yet to see the documentary, though.

Momma: I don't know that you want to go buy a pony (that's just something Melinda and I would do!), but you may want to explore therapeutic horseback riding as an option for Ryan if he enjoys the company of animals. We've found that those with autism and horses are so similar in their traits that wonderful things happen when you put them together. Just a thought, but I'm a bit biased!

***TMI Alert***
    Apparently the fiber content of all the fruits and veggies is showing me I'm full of crap because I've had more BMs in the last two days than in the last few weeks combined. If you've read this far, does anyone else find this happens when they increase the fruits and veggies?
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Good morning ladies! I'm so jealous with all the talk of the snow everybody is seeing. I was driving around with my windows down yesterday! Gotta love Texas!!

Heather-I do notice that when I start eating more fruits and veggies I have the same problem. It should get better though. Your body is just adjusting to all the fiber.

mstahl-Telling us about your article really makes me want to get up and workout in the mornings...I need a treadmil at home I swear! I think I would get so much use out of it!

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday. Was not in a chatty mood. Things are better today though!! Here's to making today a good day.
    :drinker:
  • LittleSpy
    ***TMI Alert***
    Apparently the fiber content of all the fruits and veggies is showing me I'm full of crap because I've had more BMs in the last two days than in the last few weeks combined. If you've read this far, does anyone else find this happens when they increase the fruits and veggies?

Well, um... yeah, I'll just go ahead and warn about TMI now.

Since the hormones seem to have blocked me up a bit, I've been eating specific fruits that are generally believed to help move things along. I haven't increased my fiber intake in general, but I've been consciously consuming prunes and pineapple and kiwi. They seem to be doing the trick for me pretty well. Especially the pineapple/kiwi combo. :embarassed:
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Do people enter their meals at the beginning of the day hoping to stick to it or as they go or at the end of the day?
  • LittleSpy
    ladeb- If I'm trying, I always log first & try to stick with it. Sometimes I make substitutions, like if what I logged for dinner didn't sound good to dh, and then go back and log them right before I eat or right after. I find I'm a lot more successful if I log things ahead of time.
  • HeatherMN
    Ladeb: I agree that logging beforehand keeps me on track when I can do it. However, logging right after I eat something reminds me that I can't eat more later!

Speaking of food, I just had the most wonderful Chicken Stir Fry Salad from Green Mill. YUM! It was full of veggies and I even at the broccoli and water chestnuts that I don't normally like. Yay, me!

Now I'm on a really dull webinar on healthcare reform. Can you tell how well I'm paying attention to that?
  • LittleSpy
    Ladeb: I agree that logging beforehand keeps me on track when I can do it. However, logging right after I eat something reminds me that I can't eat more later!

Speaking of food, I just had the most wonderful Chicken Stir Fry Salad from Green Mill. YUM! It was full of veggies and I even at the broccoli and water chestnuts that I don't normally like. Yay, me!

Now I'm on a really dull webinar on healthcare reform. Can you tell how well I'm paying attention to that?

Ugh, I hate webinars with such a passion. :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.