Over 200 New Year New Me Part 40

191011121315»

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Momma -- Enjoy your time with hubby! :heart:
    I played along about Santa until I was embarrassingly old. Maybe 10 or 11. :laugh: But I was the baby & my mom so loved doing it. My brother was 15 or 16 before Santa stopped coming to our house. :tongue:

We have a little Cleatus right now (yep, Cleatus the fetus). I called the little one Cleatus last night & dh looked at me all wide eyed & said "You're... not actually... considering that name, right?" :laugh: Sadly enough, it is a family name but no, there will be no pitter patter of little Cleatus feet at my house.
    My pregnancy is fine, I'm just whiney. I don't feel great, but I could really be feeling a whole lot worse so I shouldn't complain as much as I do. I'd really be fine if it wasn't for being so tired. I've said it before, but I could have never imagined how flat-out tired I would be. Especially for this long. But really, all is well! And no more scare/panic. I hadn't elaborated because it was tmi & I had no idea what was going to happen, but the scare was a tiny bit of brown blood which turned out to be, I'm sure of it now, thanks to some bed pilates a couple days before. No big deal at all, but I let hormones get the best of me after seeing it.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Momma: Sounds like you're going to have a good time with hubby being off for a few days!

Julie: I went to an after-bar party once with a guy whose friend's called him Cleatus. It was hilarious, but I'll forever remember him as the guy who cooler-raced down the stairs. Yep, you sit on a plastic cooler and slide down the stairs on it. Bet you wouldn't guess that would be a bad idea with a house full of drunks! Hmm...looks like I have a story for every darn name.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    I'm going to try to get back into the habit of checking in!

Wednesday -
    Calories - OVER due to Christmas Chocolates mixing with skipped lunch due to work load :(
    Water - fine
    Exercise - none.

Proud - I'm proud that after having a bad chocolate fit and getting lunch from the party table, I was at least reasonable with my dinner.

Julie - my name is Melinda which is a GREAT "M" name! I was called "Mindy" when I was little and I like both names. I've also been called Mel, Melly, Lyn, and Linda-Lou - I think each Aunt used their own favorite nickname :tongue: I'm working today and next week Mon-Thursday but my amazing boss is encouraging those of us who can work remote to work from home! Have I mentioned how much I love my job?

Tonight is our big Christmas Party for our Thursday Night Dinner gang - I went to a Fresh Market (like a Whole Foods but smaller and less expensive) last night and got two 4 rib standing rib roasts for $6.99 a lb. That's a good price, but it was still about $120 just for the meat! The butcher "Frenched" them so there is a clean bone top to each rib. I'm going to try to fit little white paper hats to the top of them when I serve them. Here's the menu - suggestions are welcome!

First Course-
    Onion Tart (caramelized onions with Bree, baked on a pie crust round)

Second Course-
    Pumpkin soup (turkey broth made from smoked turkey carcass, canned pumpkin, red pepper, salt)

Third Course-
    Salad of baby lettuce, with balsamic vinaigrette

Fourth Course-
    Standing Rib Roast served with potatoes, green beans, and creamed corn

Fifth Course-
    Apple Tart (thinly sliced apples, treacle, goat cheese, cinnamon on a pie pastry)

I have everything but the corn (and cream) and the lettuce. Of course our house is a mess and there aren't any Christmas decorations up! Yikes!
This discussion has been closed.