JOIN ME! 30 day Insanity/Turbo Fire hybrid program

Options

Replies

• Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    That's great Sharon!

I worked about 70 minutes at the gym.. I worked hard! I tried new machines and definately felt the burn. I've been wanting to do a pull up for so long but I don't have enough strength to lift my near 200 pound self. But I found the assisted pull-up machine and now I can work up to it. So for now, that's another goal added to the list. :)
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Lisa that is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! I've never been able to do a pull up. I'm working on doing more than 4 real pushups (not knee pushups). Ultimately I would love to do 12 without needing to go to my knees to complete a set.

Sharon
  • makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Arnt goals like those great???? I think its great when girls can do pushups on thier toes and pull ups so you go ladies!!!!
    I can do toe pushups but can not do a pullup, probably wont work on it though...I have a messed up left elbow.

Lisa, you are doing an amazing job in that gym...you rock!!!

Sharon, way to stick with CLX...I know how much it bothers you that you dont get a huge burn...I am the same way....but remember "muscle burns fat." :bigsmile:

I did Fire 30 tonight and burned 246cals. I feel better today and then I worked out and now I am having a coughing fit. geeez!!

Ive dosed up, yet again, and am off to bed.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Yeah Sam that's what I keep telling myself. I didn't even wear my bodybugg or a hrm today because the low number would have bothered me more than not measuring. I just got back from taking Cocoa for a 45 minute brisk walk so I'm sure I burned enough for today (although not 500 like I was trying to get to when I was just doing cardio).

Tomorrow I've got Fire 60 with my weighted gloves to make up for the low burn. I know I'm obsessed! :bigsmile:

You guys are awesome! Have a great night and Sam I hope you feel better soon!

Sharon
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    Sam I hope you can get over that cough soon! It sounds like pretty aggravating.

Yes.. I want to do pull ups because I got a pull up bar last Christmas and still can't do one (but I haven't really practiced much either) and ALL the guys I know can just go right to it and lift themselves several times. I work out and still cant do it... not fair. I hate those things that "only guys can do" anyway.. so that fuels my fire. :wink:

When I was doing CLE, I didn't really take into account my calorie burns either. They were lower, but I tried not to let that bother me because I knew I'd be burning more all day, every day thanks to lifting. Just remember that! And on my cardio days I'd make sure to get in good burns. It all works out!

I'm going to the gym again this evening. Kinda sore from yesterday, but not as bad as I figured I would be.. especially since I tried so many different exercises. I'll update later.
  • telcochik
    Options
    LOL thanks Lisa. That's exactly what I'm trying to do. Today I did Fire 60 with the gloves and burned 548 calories. The scale has moved again although I'm hesitant to post the result as official because it's only Wednesday but between us girls I'll tell you that it says I'm down almost 4 lbs. I changed up my menu this week to cut out bread carbs after lunch and perhaps that's having an effect.

Hope you all have a great day!
    Sharon
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    My workout is complete. Another good burn - 890 calories burned.

That's awesome Sharon! I hope your official weigh in is even better than the early one! 4 pounds is really great though! If I could give up bread and sweets I'd lose like crazy. Those are some of my favorites though.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Wow Lisa that's an amazing burn!!!! By the way, how is the new puppy adapting to your household? I think I was away when he came to you and I missed the update.

Let's see what the scale says on Saturday, which is my official weigh in day. If by Friday the scale is still showing this kind of loss then I know it will motivate me not to drink wine or eat too much so my results are as good as they can be.

Sharon
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    another great workout day for you two!! I love it!!! You both are just working so hard and that really helps motivates me. Thank you :)

Congrats on the weight loss Sharon....and I am sure WI day will make you just as happy. Your goal will be here before you know it!!!
    I do the same thing...I eat most of my carbs early in the day and more protein and low carb in the evening. Well, atleast most days I try. And it is hard...because I could eat a loaf of bakery bread and not even think twice about it. Oh and chocolate too. LOL

Lisa~ boys suck in that area..."only guys can..." blah blah blah!!! Maybe I will work on it....and then one day maybe I can bust out a few chin ups and be all like BAM!!! LOL You go girl!! I am rooting for you :)

I bought a Nike+ sportsband for running because my HRM isnt GPs capable and unless I map my runs before hand I didnt have anything to let me know how far I am going and mapping it out beforehand it a little difficult on the trails. heehee!!! I ran on the treadmill tonight to calibrate it. I ran 4 miles in 35 min and burned 360 cals. I think I am going to like my new little friend. It has pace, miles, and calories burned with only inputting you weight and without a chest strap and it is off from my HRM by a little more then 100. ( it was more) And it wasnt too badly priced.

I had a coughing fit afterward but not nearly as bad or as long as last night so I am slowly getting better I think....I hope.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Awesome work Sam! You are equally inspiring with your commitment to running! I happy to hear the coughing is slowly subsiding. It sounds like it's been lingering for awhile now. So happy to have you guys in my life!

Love ya!
    Sharon
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    thank you Sharon...it is slowly going away. Its been a little over a week now. Lisa is so right...aggravating :grumble:

I did TF HIIT 25 and burned 136 cals. I also did Yogalosophy. I really dont care for yoga, but I know the flexibility and holding strength of the poses are good...so I am trying. This is 30 mins, which to me is completely doable. And the instructor...Mandy Ingber (I think) is not too bad...sorta funny.

Do either of you do any yoga???
  • telcochik
    Options
    Mandy is Jennifer Aniston's instructor. I despise yoga and try to avoid it at all costs. Happy to hear you enjoyed it though!

Sharon
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    oh no Sharon, I didnt enjoy it...I am just giving it a chance. LOL
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    We're all pretty committed with our fitness. Too bad we couldn't all work out together! But since we live all over the country, that's pretty much impossible. It's great to keep up on here, though for sure!!

I am NOT a fan of yoga. If I'm going to spend my time working out, I want max calorie burn or at least knowing I'm building my muscles! I wish I did like it though.. because it is supposed to be good for you on so many levels (getting in tune with your body, better flexibility, breathing better, better digestion? [I heard, maybe something else lol])

I just haven't been able to get into it, despite the benefits. Maybe it will grow on you if you find a program you like. I'm sure different instructors make it more fun. I just haven't found them.

I bought the Jillian Michaels yoga burn (or whatever it's called), and I couldn't get into it either. I LOVE her workouts but just not that one lol.
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    I didn't get to work out like planned.. and I was just going to settle for a short light aerobic session.. but I couldn't do it. I had to add in another workout - Fire 25. I burned over 300, bringing my calorie burn to over 400 for the day. Not as good as the past few days, but I've been working pretty hard so I figure a lighter day might actually be beneficial.

Plus, I stayed within calories - so I think I'm safe. :smile:
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    Still a super job, Lisa!! You have been killing the calorie burns.

Ive heard/read all those things as well...so I am going to try to make it a regular thing...its only a 30min session. There is a 55 min one and if I ever fall in love with it maybe Ill be glad I had the longer one. I, of course, have the p90x yoga...which I only completed half of 1x. Not for me...I dont like yoga...and then he wants to repeat and build on each move. NO THANKS TONY!!! LOL

I overate today and I am feeling super guilty about it and debating on going down and running for a bit...not sure yet.

Tomorrow, if the snow holds off, my son and I are driving into Chicago to go to the Museum of Science and Industry. He has been asking to go for sometime now and there isnt school for his school district. He is excited.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Great job Girls. Remember the days when we dreaded working out???? Think of how far we've come!!!

Sam enjoy the museum. It sounds like a really nice day for you and your son.

Enjoy the evening! Catch you guys tomorrow.
    Sharon
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    thanks Sharon...looks like the snow is missing us, which is great!

Quick add...I ended up running and planned on doing a few miles but was totally feeling it and ran 8 miles. Ran it in 85min and burned 715 cals.

Goodnight all....
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    Sharon - sorry it took me a while to get back about Rocky. He's doing pretty good. It's like he's been our pup the whole time. I promise I will get pics on here soon! Thanks for asking btw :)

Sam - it's a great feeling when you plan a workout and end up doing even more. I usually take advantage of my extra energy when it hits, too. You do awesome on your runs!
    - did you have a good time at the museum?

Yes.. I remember those days I would soooo much rather hang out on the couch than work out. I'm so glad I broke that horrible habit though. (And still in awe of how much willpower it took to start doing that and making changes to food when it was so easy to give up) Now, I make sure to take my breaks if I need them, but I won't go over 2 days without some kind of workout. I NEVER EVER NEVER EVER want to go back to my sedentary self. Feeling miserable and hating bascially everything about myself? No thanks. I've heard of so many people being in great shape and letting it go. I did that once.. (lost weight, in great shape and then gained to my heaviest and no working out..) and since I know how easily that can happen again, I fully intend on fighting it. That's why it helps to have fitness friends like you two to be accountable to. :)

I did a new (to me) dvd today - Ultra Bootcamp... it was created by Jane Fonda I think, but lead by Jeanette Jenkins. It was pretty fun. I couldn't believe some of the moves had me sweating like they did, but I think it's because I haven't done a workout like this one in a while and my body wasn't used to it. I got a pretty good burn in - 705 in 60 min.

Hope yall have a great weekend! I don't know if either of you like country, but I'm going to a Gary Allan concert tomorrow! So we're hanging at the house to keep Rocky from being mad at us for being gone a while tomorrow lol
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    Lisa, it was fun...They have so many cool things to do. My son had a blast. Thank you for asking.

Gary Allen??? I like him...I hope you have a wonderful time at the concert and I am glad that Rocky just fell right in to fitting in.

You had a great burn with that bootcamp...I like trying out new stuff too.

I saw an infomercial last night while on the treadmill and it was for a workout program...reminded me alot of BB programs...comes with like 12 workout dvds, nutrtion guide, online help/community and it was 90 days. I kindof chuckle...but its surprising it took this long for another company to try to copy BB.

Obviously, didnt workout today and ate over calories, but not too horribly.

Have a great rest of Friday night. TTYS!