JOIN ME! 30 day Insanity/Turbo Fire hybrid program

Options

Replies

• telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Hi Shelly! Welcome to our little group! I think you will LOVE Turbo Fire and I encourage you to get it. I lost 18 lbs and 8 inches in my first round. It's an amazing program.

Sharon
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Hey Shelly! Turbo Fire is a lot of fun.. you don't realize you're working as hard as you are! I'd recommend it. :smile:

Sharon, I need to work on my eating too. It's SO DIFFICULT for me to eat well. I know it's all in my head and I can so conrtol what I eat.. but I struggle with it a lot. Small changes need to be made so I can keep them. I say let's work on this together - like you said create a goal each week and work on that.. and if we don't reach it, continue working til the next week. Maybe having no cut off time to get the new habit down will make it less stressful to conquer.

Sam, I know I sent 2 or 3 comments in the feed already, but I'm super proud/excited for you and your longest run! That's awesome!!! I'm working on being able to run that much. Thanks for the inspiration. :flowerforyou:

I've been writing my food on paper lately and... it sucks. lol I hate having to manually enter and look up all that info! I didn't realize how lazy MFP had made me (in that respect.. haha)
  • telcochik
    Options
    That's why I love you guys...always ready and willing to jump into something new with me to get us where we want to go! :bigsmile:

Sharon
  • makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I think little goals are totally manageable and I like the non time frame...as long as we keep in mind that it not taking to all yr...LOL
    hmmmm....what will mine be?? Because my carbs are lowest in the evening. I try to taper them off by dinner. I am trying to have higher protein at night.

I think I am going to try, starting tonight, to keep a note (writing it down) what that dumb, but drive me crazy statement "if everyday were like today, you would weigh______ in 5 weeks". And see how close it is in 5 weeks. Just something else to track, but I am curious how close it would be if I keep working out and making my days count with better eating and staying within my calorie range. Not until Easter, I have no excuse to over eat...maybe my friends birthday on the 31st but the last time I went out with her in January, I ate very good at dinner.

THANK YOU SO MUCH LISA!! That really means alot to me...I am so proud also of myself and of you too, for sticking with running and getting ready to your 5k. That is your 1st isnt it??

Shelly...welcome!! Yes TF is great and that is coming from someone who isnt in to the dancy type of workout. I love Insanity and TF is a great change. I am not doing regularly....probably 3x a week and too be honest I cant finish one single program because I get bored and so I mix it up between running and lifting. And 4 miles at a 9min pace is AWESOME!! way to go!
  • telcochik
    Options
    LIttle goals like that just give us something new to talk about every day! :laugh:

I like yours Sam.. I'll take tonight's "If every day" # and I'll record it here so in 5 weeks I can go back to see how close I came to actually achieving it!

Sharon
  • telcochik
    Options
    If every day were like today... You'd weigh 147.8 lbs in 5 weeks!

Ok preserved for posterity!
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    Sharon, You can make it happen and then you'll be at your goal lady!! Mine said 137.1 and my goal is 138. And I ate today like I could eat everyday...had a sweet and ate good food, but healthy. Totally doable!

You know....I am going to try, try my darnest. Im tired of excuses and I am tired of every year trying to make my goal for some crazy reason, like my birthday, a wedding, summer, or New Years. I want to make it because I worked hard all year and deserved it.

I did HIIT 25 and Upper 20 and burned 295cals. I really liked Upper 20. !st time I have done it. My shoulders are burning a little still. Bicep, tri, deltoid, chest (pushups) and back work...great combination!!

Lisa, yea the paper tracking is hard at first until you get in to a routine, especially if you regularly eat of the same things. Maybe you could paper track just what you eat and log here for nutrients. I dont know...you will make it work for you, I am sure of that :)
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hi Gang! Today was all Chalean Extreme...Burn Circuit 2 and I've Got Abs. I am really feeling it in my obliques right now.

What's on tap for you all?
    Sharon
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    I'm back with this. I got spoiled with it and can't go back to the paper system! lol

I'm planning on making dinner tonight (something I don't do much) but I've got to start somewhere! Actually, as much as my boyfriend and I go out to eat rather than eating at home, I'm surprised I'm able to keep from gaining, much less being able to maintain! So... I'm going to slowly try and break the habit or at least cut it in half for now - that's my goal.

We're going to have Chicken Parm from a recipe I saw in Oxygen mag. a few months back. I made it once and it was really good!!

My workout was at the gym today.. I stayed about 2 1/2 hours. I was only going to do 1 1/2, but when I got the the cool-down, my workout buddy texted and said she was on her way to the gym, so I tought "what the hell, I'll just get in a super-burn today" and I did. :)

EDIT: goodness I read back over that and had a million typos! lol
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    I completed my food entry for today and it says in 5 weeks I'll weigh 177.1 BUTTT I burned some serious calories with my workout today.

* Also, I finally have a pic of Rocky in my profile. It's not a very good one, but it shows what he looks like and it was on my cell so I could send it easy.
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    Lisa~ I think that is a great goal...working on making and eating dinner at home. I am surprised you havent gain either. Way to work off that eating out food. I think once you start making home meals, youll start losing more. I am rooting for you!!!

You had an amazing workout today LIsa! And Sharon..you are doing awesome lifting with CLX!!

working out in a bit...
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    Did some speedwork and ran 3.64 miles in 30mins and then followed up with abs 10. I wants those finger tips on my obliques :wink: I burned 369cals.

Stayed up way to late last night so early bed for me tonight.

p.s. Lisa...rocky is cute!!

Good night my workout motivators!!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    WOO HOO SAM! :drinker:

Have a great night Ladies!
    Sharon
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Turbo Fire day for me today. Completed Fire 45 and HIIT 20...OMG I was dripping with sweat when it was all over.

Talk to you later!
    Sharon
  • jess_steich7
    Options
    Hi ladies! I am new to this message board group! But I can see that some ladies that have added me as a friend are in here as well! For me today is TurboFire Fire 45 class + Stretch 10! And here I goo.....
  • telcochik
    Options
    Welcome jmogg! Happy to have you join us!

Sharon
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    Sounds like it was an awesome workout Sharon!! You always start the day in a super way.

jmogg~ welcome to the group. How far into the program are you? We mix up our workouts with TF, CLX, gym, running and Insanity.

Lisa~ Anything on the job???

Had a good day. Working out in a bit. Talk to you then girls!!

Sam
  • Lisa0711
    Options
    Great job with your workout, Sharon! I haven't done TF in a few days (or longer) now, and I miss it!

Welcome jmogg!!

Yes, Sam thanks for asking. I did get the job! They called me this afternoon. :bigsmile: I was starting to worry since they said it would be Monday or Tuesday when they called. I was about to call myself. But I'm very excited! It's going to be strange going from being a full time student to being a full time student and working (almost) full time! But thank goodness I'll be done with school in May. :)

But my biggest concern is finding time to work out now. It's very important to me... but getting used to these hours is going to take some time. I'm giving yall permission to check on me and kick my butt when I need it in case I start with the excuses. Not trying to excuse myself from my schedule... but just want to make *sure* I don't get lazy. This will be a big change for me.
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    Lisa~ CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am very happy for you! And since working out is a consistant thing for you I am sure you will make it work. When I worked full time and was a full time student (and a mother) for 2 yrs, I found time. I would run while my son rode his bike along side or run the treadmill at the school gym in between classes. I found that it helped with feeling over whelmed. You are strong and you will do it!!

Also, I was wondering about the biggest loser challenge. How long is it? And is there an end prize besides the obvious of losing weight? Good luck with it!!

I did HIIT 20 and Lower 20. Boy oh boy, my booty and abductors were on fiyah!!!! LOL was good!!!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Wow Lisa Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure you'll figure out how to juggle work, school, and working out. Personally I had to train myself to wake up at 4:30am so I could get it out of the way first thing.

Great workout as usual Sam!

Have an awesome night Ladies
    Sharon