OOOH I SERIOUSLY NEED TO VENT!!

Options

Replies

• yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    "to have and to hold..." you to your resolutions and other promises... at least that's how I always interpreted those words in the traditional wedding vows.

I think he did a very nice thing, actually, reminding you of your goals and such.
  • BuddhaMom74
    Options
    This is why I'm single!

"Associate yourself with people of good quality, for it is better to be alone than in bad company" ~ Booker T. Washington
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    My balding husband once said to me, "Maybe you'd like to lose some weight". I replied, "maybe you'd like to grow your hair back." End of discussion.

You can fix being fat. I'd say that discussion was just beginning :)
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

This sounds like the type of advice Dr. Phil would provide - drastic and illogical. Haha.

breaking up is not always an option

Breaking up is always an option.

It may not be the best option - but it is ALWAYS an option.
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My husband once told me in his sleep "Don't worry, the 30 Day Shred should help." I just laughed, because I agreed with him. Now I tease him about it endlessly. :wink:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • JulieGirl58
    JulieGirl58 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My balding husband once said to me, "Maybe you'd like to lose some weight". I replied, "maybe you'd like to grow your hair back." End of discussion.

My point was that we should accept the changes in each other and not state the obvious.
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

This sounds like the type of advice Dr. Phil would provide - drastic and illogical. Haha.

breaking up is not always an option
    Fear of that situation is what got me through college, I think.

LOL:laugh:
  • DeWitch
    DeWitch Posts: 34 Member
    Options

11i304y.jpg
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

My point was that we should accept the changes in each other and not state the obvious.

In for supporting our loved ones' unhealthy and self-destructive habits. Because that's real love.
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options

In for supporting our loved ones' unhealthy and self-destructive habits. Because that's real love.

svps.gif
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

svps.gif

tumblr_m9mg4gq0jx1rdt98to1_500_zpsff73f510.gif
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what you are even complaining about.
  • luckyflutterby
    luckyflutterby Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im not sure how what he is doing is relevant to this.
    All of your excuses are just that, excuses as to why you cant make it to the gym. Sounds like you are indeed slacking, my husbands reminds me all the time when I slack off
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    So my husband just said these words to me: " you gotta get to the gym babe. You're a slacker" .Let me break this down for everyone. I am a 3rd grade teacher. I wear my fit bit to school and log an avg. Of 3.5 miles a day. I never sit! Oh wait a minute my 20 minutes of lunch that turns into 10 wait nope gotta make copies and go to the bathroom and oh yeah here comes a kid who has to finish some work. So my 20 minute lunch has turned into scarfing my turkey burger down my throat as I pick my kids up on the playground. But yep you're right I'm a slacker. My 8 hours on my feet,not to mention my class is downstairs, is just not good enough reason to not to want to go to the gym. Did I mention he goes to work at 5:30 am and gets off at noon and comes home to take a nap? This is all the crap I would have liked to say to him. Also keep in mind that I have maintained going to the gym after school for at least 3 days a week.
    Chop him in the throat!
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    walking is a different activity... compared to goin gto the gym... when you DO.. go to the gym.. is all you do there walk?

This I do NOT get... men... are simple... and when allowed to be.. offer women nothing but 100% honesty.. it does NOT come from a place of sinister animosity... it is almost always... meant as a helpful reminder.. nothing more... men are practical... My wife and I signed up for Gym Memberships... 2 years... and in 2 years my wife's attendance was less than 1/month.. $50/month $1200.00 dollars... so when I mentioned that maybe she ought to go to the gym.. it was more about... hey ... make use of the money we are paying this place.. BUT NO.. what did Iget... "shut up.. I get plenty of exercise at work...." okay... BUT.. WHY have a gym membership IF you are not going to use it???

There.. I vented too :)

I'm here to promote ellipsis conservation.
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Find another husband
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    My first thought ... so does he need to go to the gym himself ? People in glass houses should not throw stones. :noway:
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    walking is a different activity... compared to goin gto the gym... when you DO.. go to the gym.. is all you do there walk?

This I do NOT get... men... are simple... and when allowed to be.. offer women nothing but 100% honesty.. it does NOT come from a place of sinister animosity... it is almost always... meant as a helpful reminder.. nothing more... men are practical... My wife and I signed up for Gym Memberships... 2 years... and in 2 years my wife's attendance was less than 1/month.. $50/month $1200.00 dollars... so when I mentioned that maybe she ought to go to the gym.. it was more about... hey ... make use of the money we are paying this place.. BUT NO.. what did Iget... "shut up.. I get plenty of exercise at work...." okay... BUT.. WHY have a gym membership IF you are not going to use it???

I'm glad I'M... not the ONLY ONE.... who... noticed the strange.. overuse of ELLIPSES..
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options

I'm glad I'M... not the ONLY ONE.... who... noticed the strange.. overuse of ELLIPSES..

STOP! :angry: