Over 200 New Year New ME Part 41

Replies

• Hi Ladies! Are you accepting Newbies?

I went back a bunch of pages and found your old thread. It looks like you have a really supportive group here and one I might really enjoy but I didn't want to barge in if it's a closed group.:embarassed:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Veggie - Nope you are more than welcome!!!
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Hi Ladies! Are you accepting Newbies?

I went back a bunch of pages and found your old thread. It looks like you have a really supportive group here and one I might really enjoy but I didn't want to barge in if it's a closed group.:embarassed:

We have plenty of room. Nice to meet you and we look forward to getting to know you!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Momma24
    Jess, you made me smile this morning.:flowerforyou:

Deb, I know you can do this. You have done so much already great attitude.

Ann, here is to us being successful in 2011!!!

Heather, I did weight watchers once and I really like it. I think you will be successful.

:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: Ryan was watching me type my messages and he all of a sudden became very interested because of this face so these faces are for his enjoyment:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • lildebbie
    Thanks Momma !!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Momma: Love the extra faces for Ryan! I did Weight Watchers about six years ago and had good success. Then, like an idiot I stopped because I moved and it became less convenient. At least my weight now is where it was when I left Weight Watchers last time, so I could pretend it never went back up again! I just needed to change things up because there has to be something that will bust me out of the plateau!
  • Thanks so much!! :flowerforyou:

I'm looking forward to meeting you all! My name is Julie but I see there is already a Julie here so feel free to call me whatever is easiest.

For the record, if you looked at my ticker and noticed it says I olnly have 18 pounds to lose, that is just my first goal, or thereabouts. I'm somewhere over the 200 pound mark but won't actually get on the scale and take my measurements until the 1st. This week I am pulling myself together and making plans for the weeks to come.

I just finished watching and kinda-sorta doing a Leslie Sansone video I found on one of our free channels on the TV. I definitely need to do some stretching before I do it again. I can really feel it in my hips and lower back! I'm also working on water today. Something I haven't focused on in a *long* time. And some menu planning. We have some leftovers to get us through the next couple of days but I'm back on the wagon come 1/1/11!

Thanks again for the welcome. Looking forward to "losing" with you all!
  • lildebbie
    Heather - Good luck with the weight watchers.

So i got my but to the gym, did not go well...I just couldn't get going and only burned 193 cals in 30 minutes...i was very disappointed in my self. My legs were just hurting , my ankles, i used to could do soo much more...I am going to keep going at it though i know i will get back, i was starving too so that may have been something to do with it.

DOn't know since i was eating lots and lots of calories my somtach doesn't know what to do on the 400 caloires i had this morning.
  • Momma24
    julie-tart, I think you have a good plan. The mental preparation for next week. Let's face it losing weight has a lot to do with the mindset we have.

Deb, you started and that is what is important. Like you said your body needs to get use to it again. You just keep doing something and it will progress naturally!!!

Heather I do think that weight watchers is just that added motivation to get things going in the right direction.

Well, I am outta here for a few hours Ryan and Sara have dentist appt. this afternoon. Then they have some Christmas money and I am going to buy Ryan some pants I am going to encourage Sara to get some clothes too. I know no fun when you are 5 and 9 but they got lots of toys for Christmas and could really use some clothes. The teenagers are all for getting clothes with their money so no convincing them its a given. See you all later.
  • lildebbie
    Is this day ready to be over yet !!! please !!! i am ready for this short week to be over.
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Just checking in. Detoxing this week and my 15yo daughter is partnering with me. I have met the 2010 exercise goal - what will be my 2011 one? Or should I go by months? Minutes?
  • Good Morning Ladies!

I finished all my water yesterday and was even able to add in a little extra. I've already got my container filled and right by my side. It's really not that hard for me to drink it if I just set myself up early in the morning and keep it close or set out the amount of water bottles I need for the day. I also have some coffee brewing though. I'm not really a coffee drinker but figure it's better than my usual can of Pepsi to give me that jump start I need. And at least I add a splash of milk to my coffee so I get a little dairy.:wink:

I didn't get very far with the menu's yesterday so that will be my focus for today. I had some errands I needed to run but we are in the middle of our third freeze this month. Freakishly cold weather for us in Florida this early in the season. We still have 7 Tomato plants that are *loaded* with green fruit. We've got them covered and have lights inside with them but we just aren't sure if they'll be able to survive this third round of frigid air. We also have a full layer of frost outside so I think I'll just stay here where it's nice and warm and head out tomorrow.

Hope you all have a great day!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    morning girls and Welcome Newbies!!!!

busy day for me today. We had a bad snow storm (blizzered) about 15ish feet of snow, over the weekend. Now I am trying to get everything cleaned (inside my home and outside). DH went to work, after being home for 4 days, and kids are home (Hoilday vacation). I have to go.

I am trying to stay on track (calories, water, and somewhat exercising). I am not sure how much I gain or loss because I forget to weigh myself. For now I am just going to take it day by day.

My children want to eat...check back in a few (if I can)

Laila
  • HeatherMN
    Good morning, ladies:

I didn't do so well on the eating yesterday, but still better than all of last week. I've got my healthy foods with me for the day and am really looking forward to my first meeting tonight. Not much else to report.
  • lildebbie
    Did pretty good yesterday, came in under calories (with exerise) with 7 to spare ..woohoo...I didn't do good on the water yesterdy just 2 cups. I am determined to get more today..I am already on 2 cups at 9:00, so looking good.

Was happy the scale was down 3 lbs this morning, still a way to go till i am down to my lowest but at least the scale is going the right direction.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Good morning ladies. Hope everybody has a fab day!
  • lildebbie
    quiet here this week ..

I am freaking freezing...I am sitting here, with a jacket on and under my new heated blanket hubby got me for christmas and still shivvering.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    quiet here this week ..

I am freaking freezing...I am sitting here, with a jacket on and under my new heated blanket hubby got me for christmas and still shivvering.

I just turned on my space heater....it's so rainy outside it's making me sleepy! It's not helping me not wanting to eat everything in sight. I feel like I have started all over again. :frown:
  • Momma24
    Good Morning Everyone!!!! I am not freezing in my neck of the woods as Al would say. But we have been raining raining raining for almost 2-3 weeks. We rain for 3 days have 2 dry days start raining again. We had a break yesterday and it was beautiful and sunny but today and tomorrow is back to the rain. Our ground is so saturated and I can't even mow the lawns I am busy on the sunny days so of course our grass is growing freakishly tall for this time of year and my yard is starting to look terrible. I am getting sick of the rain. Sorry for the complaints but rain rain go away come back again some other day!!!!!!

Julie-tart, I lived in Orlando Fl for 2 months, I was in the Navy and stationed there. I am from Northern CA so we get Hot but we are cool in the winter 50's usually so I left here in the 50's got there and it was 70 and humid I almost died. After a couple of months I got use to it and one day it was in the low 60's high 50's and I was freezing. Ha so I can imagine that a true florida girl such as your self is dying with these un natural cold days for Florida. Hope the tomatoes survive. All of our tomatoes died off last month.
  • HeatherMN
    Deb and Jess: It's cold in my office today, too, which is weird since we're actually getting some warm weather (in Minnesota speak, that's 30 degrees). It's sunny and things are getting slushy around here. We're supposed to get hit with another round of snow this weekend, though. Yay!
This discussion has been closed.