Daily Check In - Fall 2014

Options

Replies

• mjohnson1twenty
    mjohnson1twenty Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? yes.
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? didn't set one.
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? i know this asks for yesterday but... today i cleaned out some of our garage with my daughter.
    What would I have done differently? nothing.
    What is today's personal goals? ...
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)? ...
    Mood today? was very good...

Sun... fitbit one 3,136 steps
    Mon... fitbit one 10,348 steps, arms (light weights)
    Tues... fitbit one 13,003 steps, FitStar
    Wed... fitbit one 12,215 steps, arms (light weights)
    Thurs... fitbit one 10,365 steps, cleaned some of the garage
  • mjohnson1twenty
    Options
    Shirley, your moose sounds like it was delicious. wishing i could have had a taste, :wink:
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes, but did have two small glasses of wine at a meeting we attended and then my hubby made popcorn later on so I may have gone over.
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? No goal set
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Just rested my body needed it.
    What is today's personal goal? Keep on Keepin on and return to my discipline with
    exercise and eating right.
    What would I have done differently? Nothing
    What is today's personal goals? Find peace within from my Yoga Practice today.
    Keep on track and log.
    Mood today? :) Sunny

Sun- Rest day
    Mon-Yoga Class 75 min + 10 min meditation
    Tues-Biking turbo trainer 20 min. + Cleaning
    Wed- Snow removal 30 min + Walking 30 min + Christmas decorating the house.
    Thurs- No Exercise, tired body and rest
    Fri- Yoga 75 min.
    Sat -
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? not sure
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? no
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? been out of town for work - not much exercise this week with the exception of walking through the airport (and mall)
    What would I have done differently? track
    What is today's personal goals? check in, track, and drink water. I've had a neck pain and headache for about 4 days now. Trying to nurse it back to 99%. Traveling kicks my butt (more like my neck...LOL) Sitting in conference rooms... flying...stress... it takes a toll on my already messed up neck!
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)?
    Mood today? :) TGIF

Sun -10,191 steps
    Mon - 3,426 steps
    Tues- 6,920 steps
    Wed - 4,941 steps
    Thurs - 1,445 step :-(
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • goldk
    Options
    Shirley61 wrote: »
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? ?
    What is today's personal goal? Finish my cleaning, stay on track and exercise.
    Skipped Yoga class today we have to dig out the driveway from snow.
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc. )? Moose steak for dinner.
    Mood today? :)

Sun- Rest day
    Tues-Biking turbo trainer + Cleaning
    Wed-
    Thurs-
    Fri-
    Sat

Moose steak - interesting :) I've had venison but not moose.

• goldk
    Options
    Shirley61 wrote: »
    Mjohnson - Yes it is similar to venison but a little milder. I marinated it in lemon and garlic and it gave it nice taste and it was tender.

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Not sure didn't track dinner. I was so tired
    after exercising, snow removal and decorating the house we went out for dinner.
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Helped my hubby with snow removal. Also made 10,152 steps for the day.
    What is today's personal goal? Stay on track with food, and rest my tired body.
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc. )? Peameal bacon sandwich on Ciabatta bread
    Mood today? :| Tired today and no exercise.

Sun- Rest day
    Tues-Biking turbo trainer + Cleaning
    Thurs-
    Fri-
    Sat

Not going to lie - had to look up peameal bacon...LOL sounds yummy!

Peameal bacon (also known as cornmeal bacon) is a type of bacon originating in Toronto, Canada. The name reflects the historic practice of rolling the cured and trimmed boneless loin in dried and ground yellow peas, originally for preservation reasons. Since the war years,[when?] it has been rolled in ground yellow cornmeal. It is low in fat, and slow cured.[1]

Bacon made of pork belly instead of the loin is not as lean. Peameal bacon is made from boneless pork loins, short cut from the leaner portions of the loin, to ensure a more uniform product. External fat is generally trimmed to within 1/8 inch (3 mm). Smokeless and tender, this product is sweet pickle-cured and rolled in a traditional golden cornmeal coating.[

• mjohnson1twenty
    Options
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? ...
    What is today's personal goals? i had wanted to do some light weight sets on my exercise ball but couldn't find anything to inflate what air was lost. so, i did my usual weights sets and added some crunches, sit ups & a weighted ball (8lb). i did an exercise with it from side to side while sitting down, abs engaged.
    Mood today? was very good until tonight when i got flustered. but all worked out in the end...

Fri... fitbit one 11,772 steps, arms (light weights)

*hello GoldK~ i'm betting your walk in the airport gave you some extra steps. it's difficult at best to get from one place to another there. hope your trip went well and that your neck is starting to feel better. happy weekend!*
  • Shirley61
    Options
    GoldK- I guess being from Canada I took for granted everyone knows about peameal bacon. It is more expensive to buy in restaurants for breakfast but less fat than the normal bacon. It sure tastes good. Thanks for explaining it.

Making myself accountable for weekends. I have been getting lazy recording my weekend dinners because we usually go out for dinner and there are some drinks involved and sometimes the food choice isn't what I should have. It's amazing how that messes up your scale the next day with sodium and extra calories. Then you try all week to get back down
    again. So I hope to start recording my weekends if I have a computer available and not away. Does anyone else feel this way?

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Probably not, went out for dinner and popcorn at the show. I didn't track my dinner. Getting lazy at that lately on the weekends.
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Went to Yoga Class and requested my
    instructor to do a 10 min meditation after class for those who want it. She said she would.
    What is today's personal goal? Exercise and eat right. Although another dinner
    tonight with friends. Make sure I make good choices.
    What would I have done differently? Probably not had the Lindor chocolates added to the
    popcorn. The scale showed it this morning.
    What is today's personal goals? Exercise and be in the Now. ( Eckhart Tolle)
    Mood today? :| Went through some necklaces that my friend wanted me to have.
    (who passed away) it was difficult.

Sun- Rest day
    Mon- Yoga Class 75 min + 10 min meditation
    Tues- Biking turbo trainer 20 min. + Cleaning
    Thurs- No Exercise, tired body and rested
    Fri- Yoga 75 min.
    Sat - Biking turbo trainer 30 min.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    interesting discussion on peameal bacon. We have a local lean bacon on the weekends, but haven't ever run across this. It sounds good.

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Just barely
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? No exercise
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? healthy lunch
    What would I have done differently? The weather makes me want to have an espresso and treat every afternoon, Work ended early the last 3 days so unfortunately it gave me an opportunity
    What is today's personal goals? Stay within calorie goal, water, already went to aquafit
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)
    Mood today? hungry for breakfast after aquafit

Sun - Long Walk
    Mon - interval run
    Tues- Aquafit
    Wed - interval run
    Thurs -kids kept us busy after work this night
    Fri - I needed to get something done for my daughter
    Sat - Aquafit

Keri
  • mjohnson1twenty
    Options
    What is today's personal goals? to not exercise today and still did some light weight exercises for my arms with my curling bar.
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)? tried using my curling bar with small weights.
    Mood today? bored.

Fri... fitbit one 11,772 steps, arms (light weights)
    Sat... fitbit one 2,666 steps (casual), arms (light weights w/ curling bar)

*Shirley... i'm so glad you mentioned weekends. i definitely struggle with them as we eat out on weekends too. i do try to order something somewhat reasonable but still... i also don't exercise some weekends so that really messes with my food counts. today was mostly a rest day for me. tomorrow i'll try to do my usual 10K- 12K steps so i won't feel so guilty for eating out. hope you enjoyed the movie/ popcorn and i'm sorry you had to go through your friend's necklaces. but, i'm pleased you'll have something physical to remember her by. i can tell she was a dear friend.*
  • mjohnson1twenty
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? yes, except for my sodium intake... we ate out today at Lee's.
    Mood today? pretty good overall...

Sun... fitbit one 12,127 steps, abs
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I got hit by that weekend eating out thing too. My weight was down and my calories were down but the scale was up this morning. Eating out last night is the culprit. Got to drink that water today.

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? No exercise
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? keeping calories down
    What would I have done differently? exercise
    What is today's personal goals? Stay within calorie goal, water, already went on my interval run
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...) I am having Bob's Redmill Gluten Free Whole Grain Oatmeal today instead of Krogers.
    Mood today? Glad it is a short work week.

Sun - Long Walk
    Mon - interval run
    Tues- Aquafit
    Wed - interval run
    Thurs -kids kept us busy after work this night
    Fri - I needed to get something done for my daughter
    Sat - Aquafit

Keri
  • mjohnson1twenty
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? yes, except sugar level. didn't go over much though.
    Mood today? very stressful. had to take detours in a city i didn't know the roads as well, couldn't use my discover card or get money from an atm, and to top it all off we were almost in a car wreck on our way home. God was certainly watching over us today, :)

Mon... fitbit one 10,371 steps, 5x5
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? yes
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? yes
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? back to the Y and back on track. Traveling for work always throws me off track :-(
    What would I have done differently? hum?
    What is today's personal goals? check in, track, elliptical, and drink water.
    Mood today? :| Trying to stay positive. Approaching my first Thanksgiving without my mom.

Sun -
    Mon - 40 mins elliptical
    Tues-
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • Shirley61
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I will be gone starting tomorrow. Going to visit our friends in London, ON and then onto Michigan for Thanksgiving dinner and Black Friday shopping. I will be back Sunday.
    I am going to fill in the whole week for now and see you on Monday.

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes, I did but had some pretzel crisps after dinner.
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Did my weights and biking and watched my calorie intake.
    What is today's personal goal? Exercise and pack for my trip
    What would I have done differently? Probably not had the pretzel crisps.

Sun- Rest day
    Mon- Weights 25 min. + 15 min Biking w/turbot trainer
    Tues- Biking 30 min. w/ turbo trainer
    Wed- Yoga 75 min + Travelling to London, On to visit friends
    Thurs- Travelling to Michigan for Thanksgiving dinner
    Fri- Black Friday shopping, I will be counting my steps that day.
    Sat - Travelling back to London, ON.
  • mjohnson1twenty
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? yes!!! and it was my thanksgiving dinner... :)
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? visited a sick friend in the hospital...
    What is today's personal goals? it was to stay within my calorie goal while enjoying thanksgiving dinner...
    Mood today? much better day today.

Tues... fitbit one 10,237 steps
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? not sure
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? no
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? elliptical
    What would I have done differently? eat a real dinner - not graze. I didn't track either.
    What is today's personal goals? check in, track, elliptical, and drink water.
    Mood today? :-)

Last week I traveled for work. One day at the gym\Y. I felt terrible (physically), my neck, stress level, etc... This week I am back to my routine and I don't have any pain in my neck... a little sluggish but no pain. Working out is so much more to me than burning calories and last week proved it. Now if I could just get my portions and food under control and lose some weight ;-)

Sun -
    Mon - 40 mins elliptical
    Tues- 40 mins elliptical
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
  • peggyrichmond
    peggyrichmond Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just joining this thread today and like the idea of the check in. I think this will help keep me motivated and focused. My loss goal is 8-10 pounds per month through diet and exercise. I have lost 9 pounds during my jump start of two weeks eating low carb, lean protein, vegetables and good fat such as olive oil, avocado, fish. This week I incorporate the weight watcher eating plan still watching the bad carbs but adding a great deal more fiber including whole grains and fresh fruit. My weigh-in day is Monday of each week.

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? yes
    Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? some, not all
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? good food choices
    What would I have done differently? treadmill
    What is today's personal goals? stay on food plan, journal, 30 min treadmill, 30 squats, pack clothes for trip, prepare most of Thanksgiving dinner for tomorrow,
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)? jicama, began 30 day squats exercise plan

Sun - walk 20 min- 2 MPH
    Mon - walk 20 min- 2 MPH
    Tues- walk 30 minutes- 2 MPH
    Wed - walk 30 minutes- 2 MPH, 30 squats, weight training- upper and lower body
    Thurs - walk 30 minutes (Get this in first thing in morning before breakfast) Thanksgiving Day
    Fri - Walk 30 minutes- 2 mph will be traveling, get walk in in 5-10 minute increments
    Sat - Repeat Wednesday (away from home- take weights with you)
  • mjohnson1twenty
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? yes!!! all three days of eating Thanksgiving dinner and leftovers...
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? visited my great aunt & in-laws...
    What would I have done differently? i would have watched my time a bit closer.
    What is today's personal goals? just to exercise... missed two days this week and it felt nice getting back to it...
    Did you try something new recently (food, exercise, etc...)? bacon ranch pasta salad at my in-laws.
    Mood today? very happy~

Wed... fitbit one 2,438 steps
    Thurs... fitbit one 4,064 steps
    Fri... fitbit one 12,207 steps, 5x5
  • mjohnson1twenty
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? yes, i think i will stay within my goal today...
    What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? got back on track with portioning food and exercising after the holiday...
    Mood today? very happy~

Wed... fitbit one 2,438 steps
    Thurs... fitbit one 4,064 steps
    Fri... fitbit one 12,207 steps, 5x5
    Sat... fitbit one 12,257 steps, 5x5