My 2011 52 7/7 challenge!!

Options

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Since a few people asked me about the "masterpiece" that was created when my girlfriends and I celebrated my birthday I decided to change my profile pic so everyone can take a peek. Not bad for someone with absolutely no artistic ability. I definitely plan on going again.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Kara: I totally understand what you mean about school being difficult. I have a masters in social work and was seriously considering returning to get a MBA but I don't want the student loans and the thought of having to re-start the schooling process was enough to derail the idea (at least for now). I do like the idea that there are a variety of credible online universities but with the demands of every day life I'm just not sure I'm ready to take that on. Good luck. How much longer do you have before you graduate?
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Kara: I totally understand what you mean about school being difficult. I have a masters in social work and was seriously considering returning to get a MBA but I don't want the student loans and the thought of having to re-start the schooling process was enough to derail the idea (at least for now). I do like the idea that there are a variety of credible online universities but with the demands of every day life I'm just not sure I'm ready to take that on. Good luck. How much longer do you have before you graduate?

If I survive, I will graduate May 2012. I LOVED school the first time through. But SOOOOO much has changed since then. For one, computers. I mean there of course were computers in the late 80s/early 90s, but now everything is online. My notes & assignments come via online. My teachers text things to us! It just is so different in so many ways. Plus, I can't stay awake past 11:30pm anymore. The days of studying all night are long gone. I hated my job that I had though. For at least 11 of the 14 years I was always dreaming of changing careers. Plus, I think change in general is harder the older we get. I am the oldest female in the program & there is 1 dude older than me. Plus, my marriage takes top priority & I don't want to neglect it. So I still cook at night, TRY to keep the house somewhat clean, watch a few tv shows with him...so you're right...the demands of life make it even more challenging.

I have a friend who did the online MBA program while working full-time. I think she did the U of Phoenix? She said she liked it, but that its not for people who need that one-on-one interaction with the teacher. My DH is looking into online MBA programs as well. I wish I could just give him mine!
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    Good Morning everyone smile:

Checking in 3/7 W3 with 1 mile walk yesterday, 2 miles stationary bike.

My DD and I did join the weight loss competition:happy: and did our first weigh in yesterday! I'm ready.. to bring it!

Thank you all for your encouragement :flowerforyou:

Choco.. you said you had..." no artistic ability" Looks great to me!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options

If I survive, I will graduate May 2012. I LOVED school the first time through. But SOOOOO much has changed since then. For one, computers. I mean there of course were computers in the late 80s/early 90s, but now everything is online. My notes & assignments come via online. My teachers text things to us! It just is so different in so many ways. Plus, I can't stay awake past 11:30pm anymore. The days of studying all night are long gone. I hated my job that I had though. For at least 11 of the 14 years I was always dreaming of changing careers. Plus, I think change in general is harder the older we get. I am the oldest female in the program & there is 1 dude older than me. Plus, my marriage takes top priority & I don't want to neglect it. So I still cook at night, TRY to keep the house somewhat clean, watch a few tv shows with him...so you're right...the demands of life make it even more challenging.

I have a friend who did the online MBA program while working full-time. I think she did the U of Phoenix? She said she liked it, but that its not for people who need that one-on-one interaction with the teacher. My DH is looking into online MBA programs as well. I wish I could just give him mine!

You appear to be a very strong and determined young lady so with the support of your husband I'm sure you'll not only survive but thrive in this upcoming year. My hat always goes off to my friends that have gone back for advance degrees while juggling a full time job, husband AND children. I have at least four friends that I can think of right off the top that have or are currently in school and it is very stressful. I just try to allow them an avenue to vent and then shower them with praise and encouragement.

I received my masters right after undergraduate school so I had absolutely NO responsibilities. I lived at home and my father paid my car insurance and things of that nature. I worked during the summers and saved enough money so I didn't have to work during the school year and as a result I was able to go to school full time and knock the program out in 2 years instead of 4 (part-time).
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Checking in for today..4/7
    today I did 60 min on treadmill with over 500 cal burn...I'm feeling great....have a great day
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon all! Today I completed Turbo Fire - 45 EZ from the Turbo Fire program and Ab Ripper X from the P90X program.

Chocolickkyss: 4/7
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    WTG Choco! I do not know if I will get to schedule today after shoveling snow for 70 minutes!! Oh God I am soooooo sick of snow!!!

4/7 with 70 minutes of calorie torching snow shoveling!! Burned 600 calories but now my back is sore!!! Have I mentioned how sick I am of snow???????:laugh:
  • sarahsanchez79
    Options
    Has anyone had success with turbo jam? I've been doing it but haven't seen any results yet.

Haven't been on in a few because whatever my girls had they have passed to me!
    2/7 - 10 minutes brisk walking
    3/7 - 10 minutes brisk walking
    4/7 - 35 minutes of turbo jam (so far)
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Vhuber: I agree about being sick of snow. I woke up to hearing the plow tuck going down the street. I then had to adjust my morning to make sure I could still get my work-out in, shovel the drive way, and get to base and be ready for court in time. I was tired before my day started.

Sarah: I'm into my third week of TJ, my waist and stomach has gone down some. Besides TJ, I have been lifting weights and running regularly. I'm just proud that I was able to stick to it. Hopefully you get the results you once.

Kara: Online school definitely is not for everybody. I'm to the point that I don't think I could sit in a class room anymore. I completed my BA in Aug and just taking a break from my MBA. Hopefully, you'll find the energy and strength to get through it. I think hearing the workload of MBA scares me too.

This morning I completed TJ scuplt and shoveled snow. I had complete intentions to go to the gym after work, but when I looked in my gym bag, I forgot a much needed accessory for us ladies who intend to run. So, I had to come home. I'm debating my Wii or to work on some transcribing for work. I think I will chose the work, so I know I can get it completed in my desire time frame.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    4/7 the firm 500 calorie burn did 8 out of ten segments 45 min
  • BiloxiBelle
    Options
    Kara: Online school definitely is not for everybody. I'm to the point that I don't think I could sit in a class room anymore. I completed my BA in Aug and just taking a break from my MBA. Hopefully, you'll find the energy and strength to get through it. I think hearing the workload of MBA scares me too.

Well, luckily I'm like Terri in that I did my MBA immediately following my BS way back in the early 90s. What I'm doing now is classroom based & I don't really know what's worse. I know people who took some of the pre-req classes online & they seem to get alot more busy-work & it seems harder to get questions answered, etc. My DH does not like to read & his attention span is pretty short...not good for an online degree I don't think!

Wanted to add that I added on a 30 minute workout tonight. I got in a wide leg squat position, jumped forward 2x, did 10 high knees, then went down did a burpee, then wide leg jumped back 2x. I repeated this for 10 minutes. I then did 20 rounds of jump rope intervals...45 seconds skipping rope/15 second rests. AMAZING calorie burn in 30 minutes.
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    4/7 30 minute walk
  • vhuber
    Options

Well, luckily I'm like Terri in that I did my MBA immediately following my BS way back in the early 90s. What I'm doing now is classroom based & I don't really know what's worse. I know people who took some of the pre-req classes online & they seem to get alot more busy-work & it seems harder to get questions answered, etc. My DH does not like to read & his attention span is pretty short...not good for an online degree I don't think!

Wanted to add that I added on a 30 minute workout tonight. I got in a wide leg squat position, jumped forward 2x, did 10 high knees, then went down did a burpee, then wide leg jumped back 2x. I repeated this for 10 minutes. I then did 20 rounds of jump rope intervals...45 seconds skipping rope/15 second rests. AMAZING calorie burn in 30 minutes.
    Good job, Is this one of Zuzana's killer workouts??
  • vhuber
    Options
    WTG Choco! I do not know if I will get to schedule today after shoveling snow for 70 minutes!! Oh God I am soooooo sick of snow!!!

4/7 with 70 minutes of calorie torching snow shoveling!! Burned 600 calories but now my back is sore!!! Have I mentioned how sick I am of snow???????:laugh:
    I also ran on the treadmill 3 miles in 30 minutes and burned 300 calories:wink: !!!
  • BiloxiBelle
    Options
    Good job, Is this one of Zuzana's killer workouts??

YES!! Her site really is awesome. I've found some great stuff on there.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Just wanted to add I hula hooped during the first 30 minutes of the Biggest Loser. It's not a huge calorie burn (178 cals) but it's so much fun.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    On my way out to work! Since I don't have to shovel before going to out, I have a quick moment to post. Yesterday I forgot to put 4/7.
    Today I am 5/7, popped in Turbo Jam Cardio Party 2, half way through I realized I picked the longer workout than what was scheduled. Though I enjoyed the disc so much, I wasn't mad at all.

Hope everyone has a great day! Hopefully I'll be able to check back later. And this time, I'm making it to the gym after work too.
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Had another crazy busy day yesterday and almost didn't fit in any exercise. But then I had to pick my husband and daughter up at the airport and I found myself there a half hour early, sssoooo

I did a brisk walk around the airport for about 5 minutes, then I went up and down the stairs at a good pace for 13 minutes. Got some funny looks, but got my workout in and can proudly say I'm at 4/7!!

I plan to redo week 5 day 2 of C25k tonight... so I'll be back later!
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Good job TT and Sarah... This post helps us think toward fitting a workout in at any time.

5/7 - Ran 5.2 miles @ 6.1 mph, walked 1.7 miles cooldown - 1st mile at 1.0 incline - 1065 cals.

Wed. has been my incline day since the New Year, but w/ the new R/S I didn't expect much. One mile in I got a shin splint and had to jump off and walk it out. 20 seconds later I was back at it but it was a struggle so I dropped it to 0 and kept going. I paused at 3 miles for a few seconds and then was able to finish up. Had to play the music LOUD to drown out the pain but it was worth it. I'm another day closer to my goal and slimmer than I was yesterday.

My weight has stayed the same after 7 days and 8,000+ cals burned but I know I lost inches. My abs feel tighter and my pants are looser b/c they hang lower on my hips and require a belt. I'm two notches tighter on my belt now and will need to punch a new hole in them soon. A new wardrobe is going to wait until I get my BF% down to 18%. Should be there by summer.

V: Hope your back is OK after all that shovelling. Same for you TT and Choco.

Hope everyone is pumped up for their workouts today!!!