Replies

• nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    CelesteENelson Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am 2/7 today with 6.1 miles on my elliptical trainer, 575 calories burned. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. It's a three day weekend for me with the holiday tomorrow, woo hoo!!! :smile:
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    2/7 with a 4 mile run at 15 min pace... Week 3 of 16 completed with 9 miles total running this week.

Welcome Celeste!!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone and happy Sunday! Hope everyone is having a great weekend thus far. Last night my friends and I headed to Sips n Strokes to celebrate my birthday and I had a BLAST. We bought three bottles of wine (although I only had one 8 oz glass), cheese and crackers and spinach dip/chips. The best part of last night was that I rocked a small tank top and small sweater and a pair of size 4 jeans......Yippee....Yippee. It appears I'm currently fluctuating between a size 4 and 6 jeans depending on style. The jeans I had on last night fit just the way I like them to so I was extremely happy. My current profile pic is the outfit I wore last night. I also got a funky new hairstyle to start this year and birthday off right and to match my new attitude.

I spent 5 1/2 hours in the hair salon yesterday (perm, cut, rinse, curl) and had to drop a friend off at the airport therefore I was unable to complete the second part of yesterday's workout (ab work) so I told myself I would do it today.

I got up super early this morning and rocked out the HIIT 15 dvd from the Turbo Fire program and Ab Ripper X from the P90X program. Once that was complete I got dressed and headed to the store for this week's groceries AND to purchase heavier weights. I am moving up from 15 lbs to 20 lbs. I probably can handle 25 lbs or 30 lbs for leg work but didn't have it in my budget to get 2 sets of weights.

After I finish posting I will participate in the comercial challenge again this week but instead of jumping rope I plan to hula hoop, Walmart didn't have a weighted hula hoop so I'm going to just use the old school one for the time being. I don't expect to get a high calorie burn but just want to stay moving.

Chocolickkyss: 2/7

Welcome Celeste

Victoria: Glad to have you actively participating in the thread again. Good job w/today's workout. Do you have an ideal pace that you're working on completing the marathon at?

Wanna_be_fit: Great burn.....keep getting it in.

Nemrenu: Dont sell yourself short about winning the weight loss competition. I beat out my co-workers a few years back even though I didn't have a lot to lose b/c they weren't as dedicated to their healthy eating and exercise regime as I was. I won over $200 in the process.
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    2/7 hour walk on treadmill and 20 minutes on elliptical...over 800 cal burn for both...and is my easy day from chalean
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    2/7 - Walk with my husband.

I challenged him to walk to the church and back with me at about 4mph. The church is exactly a mile away, so that should have taken us 30 minutes both ways. He said that he would go for a walk with me, but that he likes to go for casual walks with me. So, we compromised. I pushed him to pick up the pace on the way there, and then agreed to slow down and enjoy a leisurely walk back.

We ended up doing 1 mile (there) @ 3mph and 1 mile (back) @ 2mph. Burned 210 calories. Not too bad for an *off* day.

I worked pretty hard yesterday, and tomorrow I am going to be walking around Disney World all day, so I didn't want to wear myself out and be too exhausted to enjoy Disney. :)
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    2/7 with 30 minute elliptical. Yay!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    2/7 Ran 4.9 miles @ 6.1 mph, walked 1.6 miles for cooldown - 968 cals.

The "clock watcher" mode worked fine until finish line... went over by a tenth, but what's a tenth of a mile amongst friends?! Stayed w/ the disco file for one more day. Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya & Pink - Lady Marmalade (remake) got me fired up for the opener...like that remake. Then came "She's a Brick....House" --- nuff said. Knock on Wood started at 4.1 and got me moving to finish up. I got a little yip from the shins at 1.5 but I ignored it and stretched my stride and made it to my water hit. Everything felt good so I pressed on to 3.0 ... felt OK at 4.0 so I finished up in the new shoes. The calves were a little tight from the new shoe pllatform and the curled toe, but the tendonopathy was almost silent. That should clear up quickly now. Lesson #1,347--- don't run 2 weeks in heavy shoes.

Good job Nancy for winning!!

Pinbot: That is the path I'm on as well. Once I reach 18% BF, I plan on switching to marathon training - 4 days per week(one long run, one HIIT, one hill training and one easy day). Pushing for first half marathon in fall.

Velda: I agree wholeheartedly abt the R/S. In my running research I read, "Get your running style/stride tested at a dedicated R/S store to get into the right shoes. Once you find a pair that works for you, go back and buy three more pair, and start breaking them in as well. You will wear them out in several months if running alot and you can rotate them when they get wet."

Runningneo, thanks for posting on the need to use UPLIFTING tunes to get you through the tough workout, I also think music is a need for workingout!! Also just so you know, it is DEBRA whose son is on the winning team ((he is quite the athlete!)) and I am VERDA not Velda. I laughed cuz I have been called Vera and Verna but not Velda!:smile:
  • vhuber
    Options
    2/7! Today was a REST day from my TF/CLX hybrid so I bundled up and took the furries for a 2.5 mile walk through the snow!! Have I told you guys how sick I am of snow????:sad: :sad: :sad:

Good job Nancy at PUSHING yourself to go 30 minutes on the ellip.!! Each week go the same time but just a little more faster, you can do it ((I)) know you can!!!!!

Hey Choco you are lookin fine girl!!!! WTG!!!!

Welcome to the thread Celeste!

Way to incorporate the family into fitness satojekabe! Have fun at Disney world!!!

Victoria, another 1/2 or is it a full marathon this spring?

Way to work it ladileslie!!!!

Hoo Ray to ALL you other fitness challengers, keep pushin on!!!
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    2/7 Ran 4.9 miles @ 6.1 mph, walked 1.6 miles for cooldown - 968 cals.

The "clock watcher" mode worked fine until finish line... went over by a tenth, but what's a tenth of a mile amongst friends?! Stayed w/ the disco file for one more day. Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya & Pink - Lady Marmalade (remake) got me fired up for the opener...like that remake. Then came "She's a Brick....House" --- nuff said. Knock on Wood started at 4.1 and got me moving to finish up. I got a little yip from the shins at 1.5 but I ignored it and stretched my stride and made it to my water hit. Everything felt good so I pressed on to 3.0 ... felt OK at 4.0 so I finished up in the new shoes. The calves were a little tight from the new shoe pllatform and the curled toe, but the tendonopathy was almost silent. That should clear up quickly now. Lesson #1,347--- don't run 2 weeks in heavy shoes.

Good job Nancy for winning!!

Pinbot: That is the path I'm on as well. Once I reach 18% BF, I plan on switching to marathon training - 4 days per week(one long run, one HIIT, one hill training and one easy day). Pushing for first half marathon in fall.

Velda: I agree wholeheartedly abt the R/S. In my running research I read, "Get your running style/stride tested at a dedicated R/S store to get into the right shoes. Once you find a pair that works for you, go back and buy three more pair, and start breaking them in as well. You will wear them out in several months if running alot and you can rotate them when they get wet."

Runningneo, thanks for posting on the need to use UPLIFTING tunes to get you through the tough workout, I also think music is a need for workingout!! Also just so you know, it is DEBRA whose son is on the winning team ((he is quite the athlete!)) and I am VERDA not Velda. I laughed cuz I have been called Vera and Verna but not Velda!:smile:

I copied/pasted the Nancy sentence.

:blushing: Too funny!!:laugh:

BTW I'm Mark
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Ivykivy: I actually like Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I don't do it that often though. I almost always bring it with me when I travel. I think it's a great workout. Hope you like it.

Nancy: Glad you're feeling better!!

nemrenu: Hope the sore knee is on the mend. :flowerforyou:

Choco: LOVE the sexy new pic!!! :wink:

2/7: 42 minutes of the Firm Cardio Dance Fusion + 60 minutes of Yoga Conditioning for Athletes
  • yvonnerab
    Options
    Just stumbled onto this thread, so sorry I'm a late joiner! Totally motivated to do this and today is the first day to start!

Did 30 minutes on the treadmill @ 3mph today...onward and upward from here!
    :)
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    2/7 1 mile with leslie & 1 circuit of banish fat boost metabolism
  • vhuber
    Options
    Just stumbled onto this thread, so sorry I'm a late joiner! Totally motivated to do this and today is the first day to start!

Did 30 minutes on the treadmill @ 3mph today...onward and upward from here!
    :)

Welcome to the fit thread!!!!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    2/7 with an AM hike (45 mins)in the snowy woods, then a PM walk (70mins)...in the freezing cold!!:laugh: , burned extra keeping warm.. also fit in 30 minutes of yoga and I feel very relaxed right now

I want to welcome everyone as well...I joined this thread last year...followed Dominique here:drinker: , loved her idea and the gals here that stuck with it...My gosh...greatest, most determined, caring, supportive group of ladies (and magic hands:wink: ) that I have ever met...you'll love it here :bigsmile:
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Good evening, today, we were busy on a demand I have to do to the government but Hubby and I were able to sqeaze in something for our body. He went shoveling the driveway and I just finished 30 minutes of muscle work. Vickvick went outside with Kitty to play and to train her. Kitty was really quiet tonight :wink:
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    2/7 - Walked 1.5 miles to work in the freezing cold. Walking 1.5 miles back after work.
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    2/7 Sunday with Turbo Jam Punch Kick & Jam

3/7 Today with Couch 2 5K Week 7 Day 1; Turbo Sculpt coming up after work today.

Glad to see everyone posting like crazy...we are awesome!!!

Also, welcome to the newbies to our thread...you will love it here!
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    3/7: 50 minutes STS Chest, Shoulders, Bi + Turbo Fire Hiit 25.....20 minutes of yoga later hopefully.

Debra & Egyptian: Ya'll are 2 motivated ladies walking/hiking in the nasty cold! I don't even like to go to the grocery store when its cold! Way to go!!!!!

Egyptian, Meanness, Makeitallsue.....everyone's screen names have me wondering what they all mean???? For the record, Biloxi, MS is my hometown & I'm for sure a southern girl....hate cold, snow/love sun & southern food....so put together & you get my name: Biloxibelle :smile:
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    3/7 Ran 5.0 miles @ 6.1 mph, walked 1.7 miles cooldown - 1033 cals burned.

My calves were burning 2 miles in but I was not to be defeated... The music selection was partly at fault... Rush 2112 just wasn't getting it and more so because it wasn't loud enough. It was on a cd and my VLC player wasn't having it. Weird. My laptop media player only plays it at 100% where VLC can do 200% or more. I plug in a powered 2.1 'puter speaker set I don't use w/ my desktop anymore and the speakers and the laptop are on a shelf I made so I can have it in front of me on the treadmill. Luckily I keep some music on my hard-drive so switched to the B-52's on the VLC. Gotta smile every time I hear the pineapple line in "Strobe Light"!! Once you hear the song, you'll understand.

Welcome to all the newcomers .... aren't ANY other men trying to work out every day?!?:huh: :grumble: :noway: