My 2011 52 7/7 challenge!!

Options

Replies

• nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    For Friday 7/7 W2 1 mile on the treadmill and 2 miles bike.

runningneo122 I agree with you music!! It keeps you moving my tunes of choice right now is :heart: Dave Matthews! :heart:

bluenote Feel better fast!

sato I like your new picture!

Sarah Hope your babies are better!

Choco I am hoping to take on Chalene Extreme later this year.

There is some serious working out going on here, thanks for sharing and inspiring me!!

Onto week 3 :happy:
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    7/7 yesterday with 30 min of walking with Denise Austin.

1/7 today with 30 min of step aerobics. I have a walking date planned with mom this evening so that will add another 30 min.

Great job everyone!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Everyone is going so great--you guys are such an inspiration!

I'm 1/7 today with Week 7 Day 1 of C25K. 25 minutes straight running felt great today! Followed that with Jillian's Shred video (level 1, of course!) for a total calorie burn of 660!
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Choco - Thanks for the encouragement on the walking. I felt like I was being so lazy, but I really couldn't manage to fit in a real workout, and by the end of the day a walk was about all I could handle! But I was telling myself that something is better than nothing, and I didn't want to have to admit I didn't finish week 2, seeing as how it was the last day and all!!! LOL

nemrenu - Thanks for the compliment on my picture! My laptop crashed, and all my pictures are gone, so I've been digging through my Facebook albums looking for one to use here!! Hahaha

1/7 today with Week 5 Day 2 of C25K. I almost made it through those 8 minute runs, I was really worried about that. I only stopped once during each of them and only walked for about 20 seconds, so I say that counts!! I may do that one again, though, before I attempt Day 3! I can't believe it jumps from two 8-minute runs separated by a 5-minute walk directly to a 20-minute run!!! I struggled to make it through the 8-minute runs, so maybe I should do that one again before attempting a 20-minute run!

wannabe - You're doing C25K, right? How did you handle that sudden jump?? Anyone else doing C25K and can tell me how that went for you?!?!

I might do a dvd later, too. We'll see how I am feeling. So far today I'm feeling ridiculously motivated and energized!!

Again, I say this group is awesome and I'm so glad I found it!!
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I keep forgetting to update my stats...last week I was 5/7...
    today ChaLean burn it off & recharge and turbo jam fat blaster 1/7
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    1/7 Completed Turbo Jam 20 min, Ab jam, and 20 mins Gold's gym on the Wii.
    I received my other TJ video this afternoon, I might try them out this evening.

Everyone keep rocking with your workouts! This challenge really does make me find the extra energy inside. Have a great weekend all!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options

1/7 today with Week 5 Day 2 of C25K. I almost made it through those 8 minute runs, I was really worried about that. I only stopped once during each of them and only walked for about 20 seconds, so I say that counts!! I may do that one again, though, before I attempt Day 3! I can't believe it jumps from two 8-minute runs separated by a 5-minute walk directly to a 20-minute run!!! I struggled to make it through the 8-minute runs, so maybe I should do that one again before attempting a 20-minute run!

wannabe - You're doing C25K, right? How did you handle that sudden jump?? Anyone else doing C25K and can tell me how that went for you?!?!

Satojekabe: Yep--today was Week 7 Day 1 for me which is a 25 minute run, and from here on out its all running, no more intervals! I really did okay on the 20 minute run. I was a bit nervous, but I knew I could do it because I did the program a little over a year ago and was able to do it (don't even get me started on why I let myself get out of the habit of running...). When I started this time around I did week 3 and 4 twice before moving onto week 5 to build my endurance a bit more since I knew what was coming. :smile: I've got plenty of time to train so repetition if okay because my race is still 12 weeks away. I think that you've got the right idea--just give yourself one more shot at week 5 day 2, and then move on to the 20 minute run. You'll probably surprise yourself because I'd be willing to bet that you'll have no problem running it!
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Haven't done my scheduled workout yet....would have to wrestle the tv away from my bf (he's watching football). I did, however, go out earlier and split fire wood with a splitting axe for about 45 minutes. Splitting and stacking wood is an excellent workout. No idea on the calorie burn yet. Hopefully I can get the tv in a little while and do my Turbo Jam.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    4 miles speed walk, followed by upper body work with the stretch bands and some core work with the weighted ball. 2/7 :bigsmile:

We won our tourney:happy: :happy: :happy: then there was a stop for pizza after...I had salad bar and just 1 slice of cheese pizza..it's been a good day...just busy...... going to try to look over posts until I pass out :laugh: :laugh:
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Good evening every one!! Sorry I wasn't really present for the last two days, I have been busy cleaning up my house. Yesterday, I did a lot of moving around to have everything done and I played tennis again. Today, I was tired, I played tennis but I was not as effecient nor as good as the other days. My shoulders are really sore.

Yesterday, I accounted 30 minutes of exercices with 4 dances and some tennis, Vickvick was sick and Magic Hands was lazy.

Today, I did about 15 minutes of tennis, Vickvick hasn't done aniything yet and Magic Hands did a little bit of tennis but not as much as I did.

So our countdown for last week is

Missou : 7/7
    Magic Hands : 5/7
    Vickvick 6/7

So far, for this week, we are at

Missou : 1/7
    Magic Hands : 1/7
    Vickvick : 0/7
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    1/7 with 2 miles with leslie. How does one injure a shoulder doing leslie. I'm starting to think I have an evil spirit hovering over me. lol

I bought banish fat boost metabolism. When my shoulder gets better I will start? Has anyone tried it and what were your results.

congrats debra on winning

for those doing c25K. I never thought I would finish but I did it took me 3months though lol but I kept at it. I just had to slow down.
  • sarahsanchez79
    Options
    Thanks for all the get well wishes for my girls! Still sick, but tonight I was able to get them in bed early enough so I could get a decent workout.
    1/7 - 45 minutes turbo jam and 5 minutes biggest loser challenge
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    It looks like we're starting on Saturday?
    Last week I had in 4/7 I think. Mostly Tae Bo and walking 3 miles (total) to and from work twice.
    This week it's 1/7 so far. Walked 1.5 miles to work and will walk 1.5 miles back. Probably toss in some Tae Bo but that's tomorrow. :smile:
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Wow, we are really bringing it, aren't we? Thank you all soooo much for the positive get well thoughts. I really needed them and they worked! I feel just fine today! :heart:

Kara - yes, I am Nancy! :flowerforyou:
    Sarah - GREAT job on the runs! LOL I just read how funny that sounds coming from a girl who just recovered from the stomach flu! :laugh:
    Debra - Woohooo on the win!

1/7 with ALL NIGHT dancing at my best friend's 50th birthday party! I had a BLAST and was AMAZED at how small my pants were :laugh: and how long I could dance in them! :noway: I have not had that kind of energy for the dance floor since 1999! :tongue:
  • pinbotchick
    Options

While I was doing C25K, a client told me - running is mental... I was working with him as I approached the jump from 8 to 20 min run. He described running and said you have the physical ability to do it but running is a mental challenge - you can do it. I really thought about that during that week and was able to go the full 20 min. My advice would be to slow down your run and just do it!!! You can work on speed later. The important thing is to finish the run. That's what I did and just kept going until I could run a full 5K, three weeks after completing C25K... a 10K , 5 months later... and a 1/2 marathon, 8 months later!!! If you want to run, you can do it. Speed is not the primary focus at this time. I'm now working on training for my second 1/2 marathon and am so happy to be running... Good luck!!!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Wow, we are really bringing it, aren't we? Thank you all soooo much for the positive get well thoughts. I really needed them and they worked! I feel just fine today! :heart:

1/7 with ALL NIGHT dancing at my best friend's 50th birthday party! I had a BLAST and was AMAZED at how small my pants were :laugh: and how long I could dance in them! :noway: I have not had that kind of energy for the dance floor since 1999! :tongue:

You go NANCY!!! You're such an inspiration to all of us... Yes, we are bringing it!!! Dancing is awesome...
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Nancy: Glad you enjoyed yourself last night! It's a wonderful feeling when look back and see how much we really accomplished.
    Runningneo: I just saw your post about runningwarehouse.com, gonna check that out!

I do agree, running is mental. I make sure that I have good music or a good show on the TV when I run so I don't continue to watch the clock. I commend you guess who can run forever, I'm still struggling to get over 40 mins straight. Great job to everyone!

2/7: This morning I completed Turbo Jam Fat blaster. It was not a high calorie burn, it was my first time with that one. So I know it will get better when I'm not so confused with the moves. I'm happy to say that I am half way through my first workout DVD series. I always buy them not never completed any. But now that I enjoy working out, I find them so much more enjoyful.

I also realized I spend more time on MFP than any other site. And I avoid FB like the plague. I love MFP so much. This thread has so much going on, I don't know how everyone can keep up!
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    2/7 Ran 4.9 miles @ 6.1 mph, walked 1.6 miles for cooldown - 968 cals.

The "clock watcher" mode worked fine until finish line... went over by a tenth, but what's a tenth of a mile amongst friends?! Stayed w/ the disco file for one more day. Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya & Pink - Lady Marmalade (remake) got me fired up for the opener...like that remake. Then came "She's a Brick....House" --- nuff said. Knock on Wood started at 4.1 and got me moving to finish up. I got a little yip from the shins at 1.5 but I ignored it and stretched my stride and made it to my water hit. Everything felt good so I pressed on to 3.0 ... felt OK at 4.0 so I finished up in the new shoes. The calves were a little tight from the new shoe pllatform and the curled toe, but the tendonopathy was almost silent. That should clear up quickly now. Lesson #1,347--- don't run 2 weeks in heavy shoes.

Good job Nancy for winning!!

Pinbot: That is the path I'm on as well. Once I reach 18% BF, I plan on switching to marathon training - 4 days per week(one long run, one HIIT, one hill training and one easy day). Pushing for first half marathon in fall.

Velda: I agree wholeheartedly abt the R/S. In my running research I read, "Get your running style/stride tested at a dedicated R/S store to get into the right shoes. Once you find a pair that works for you, go back and buy three more pair, and start breaking them in as well. You will wear them out in several months if running alot and you can rotate them when they get wet."
  • CelesteENelson
    CelesteENelson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Id like to join this group though I am a little later than the rest of you to start. However, I have worked out every day for the last week starting from 1/9/11. I may not write down how long or how far but I do write down what I did work on and how many calories I burned. I try to work out for at least 40 minutes a day but try to do my best to burn at least 400 calories to ensure that I lose some weight. So here I am, going to change my clothes and head to the gym. Everyone have a good day.
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    Good Sunday morn all :smile:

My knee is sore so I stayed away from the treadmill, yesterday. 1/7 W3= 2.5 miles on my stationary bike.

I'm excited my DD are contemplating joining a weight loss completion at our local Rec center, 30.00 to join... top price 3000.

Dont think I could win but its a good incentive and best its something my DD and I can do together!!

Debra.. Congrats!!!