My 2011 52 7/7 challenge!!

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Still sick. :noway: Did manage to clean carpets for about 2 hours so I am counting that as 1/7 for this week...that is definitely out of the ordinary for me. It's only 7:20 pm and I'm ready for Nyquil and bed!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I STILL are not quite well so I did NOT do my scheduled TF/CLX today but I did walk on the treadmill for 6 miles to earn my 1/7.
    Hope all you fit friends are having a great weekend!!
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Verda, wanna_be, & Mindy: GET WELL SOON! :flowerforyou:
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    1/7 - 40 minutes of step aerobics.

Wasn't sure how I would fit it in today. Had to take my kids shopping for the ball tonight, then my parents came over for dinner. But they all decided we should have Five Guys for dinner and I knew I had to do something to work that off!! So as soon as my parents left I popped in a DVD!!

I wish we could share pictures in here. I so badly want to show off a picture of my girls all dressed up for the military ball. LOL
  • vhuber
    Options

Wasn't sure how I would fit it in today. Had to take my kids shopping for the ball tonight, then my parents came over for dinner. But they all decided we should have Five Guys for dinner and I knew I had to do something to work that off!! So as soon as my parents left I popped in a DVD!!

I wish we could share pictures in here. I so badly want to show off a picture of my girls all dressed up for the military ball. LOL
    Good girl!!!! How old are your girls???
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options

I have three girls, ages 11, 15, and 16. The 15 & 16 year olds are both in ROTC and went to the ball tonight.
  • vhuber
    Options

I have three girls, ages 11, 15, and 16. The 15 & 16 year olds are both in ROTC and went to the ball tonight.
    WOW!!! You do not look old enough to be a mother to that age!!!! Congrats to mommy and her girls!!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Verda, wanna_be, & Mindy: GET WELL SOON! :flowerforyou:

Thanks, Kara! I don't know about Verda and Mindy, but I'm feeling a little better each day. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be back to normal!! :smile:
  • vhuber
    Options
    Me too! I am on the mend!! Can't keep the onery down!:wink:
    Thanks for all the get well wishes, they do make ya feel better!!!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    1/7 with 30 minutes elliptical
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options

WOW!!! You do not look old enough to be a mother to that age!!!! Congrats to mommy and her girls!!!!

Well, thanks!!! Honestly, I'm probably not old enough to have kids that age! :)
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't post yesterday....I was in a funk....what I would call a cheat day with food....I did do the exercise early
    1/7 with 2 miles walking and ran 1 mile at around an 8:30 mph pace. Some ab work and yoga stretches...I am hoping today will be better
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options

1/7W4 = my 1st boot camp at the gym w/ my DD :happy:

Hope you and DD love boot camp as much as I did. I loved my boot camp instructor b/c she was so creative in finding ways of making exercise fun.

I know I've seen WATP before but for the life of me can no longer remember what it stands for so can you or someone please enlighten me again?

Yes we did love it.. it was a challenging class!! She had each group doing circuits of cardio and strength training. The worse were the mountain climbers and triceps dips from the ground. We were outside :smile: the weather was beautiful so that was a plus! Were going again Wed .:love:

LOL...Mark is right! WATP is Walk Away The Pounds! I am hoping to get back on the treadmill this week.

1/7W4 1/2 mile walk and boot camp.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Whatever I had kicked my butt! I am starting to feel better. Took Nyquil last night and slept 14 hours. Will try to do the treadmill today at a walk. May not be ready to run again until about Wednesday.
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    2/7 - Ran 5.5 miles @ 6.1 mph, walked 1.3 miles cooldown and probably another 2 miles around the full/half marathon this AM. I logged 1098 cals on the diary.

The run felt good today... at 5.0 I had about ten seconds of feeling like it was all clicking and I could run like this for hours. That was the first since the restart last month. I'm on the right track and will be seeing improvement for sure. I'm patiently waiting for the weather to warm up so I can run outside in the AM. 7 AM at the race start, it was all of 27F and by 8 it had only warmed to 36. I was freezing and I was bundled up!!

Good show to all of you fighting through your illnesses to get your exercise in. Hang in there Mindy, that Nyquil/Dayquil will knock it out of you.
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    I'm 2/7 today with C25K week 8, day 1. Ran 28 minutes plus 5 minute warmup and cooldown, 3.2 miles total, 416 calories burned. Feeling better and better each day!

Quick question for all you runners on here--how do you make the transition from running on a treadmill to running outdoors? I did a 5K in 2009 and didn't have time to train outdoors at all and race day was TOUGH! My 4 miler is coming up in mid-April, and I likely won't be able to do any outdoor training until March. Another negative is that my treadmill is easier than a lot of treadmills because it has a reflex deck rather than a standard deck--great on the joints, but makes it easier to run on. I set it at a 2% incline to make it a little harder. So any thoughts--do I just start running outdoors and try to work up to the distance as soon as the weather allows, or do I start running hill/speed intervals once I finish C25K and get my treadmill mileage up to at least 4 miles? Or do I just keep running longer and longer distances and hope that if I can run 7 or 8 miles on the treadmill I"ll be able to do 4 miles outdoors?

Thanks in advance for the advice!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    wannabe: I would think that doing HIIT and incline training on the T/M would help and as you said.... keep upping the distance and speed gradually. The incline and speed upping has been increasing my VO2 so I can run faster without getting winded as easily. Upping the distance will allow you to run more on the street. When you start running outside again, try to run part of the time on grass or dirt track and gradually increase the distance you run on hard surfaces. Asphalt is easier on you than concrete. The main thing I got from my running info research is this: Focus on form to make running feel less like work and more like you are a running machine. Proper form is this:
    Back straight and vertical.
    Keep your head up.
    Core muscles tight.
    Big arm swing which will lengthen your stride and consequently slow your breathing and HR.
    When your arms feel tight extend them over your head or by your side. I snap-extend them down at my side one at-a-time.

I'm sure Kara and her husband have more to say on this, so I'll defer to their experience.
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Hi, can I join you in this? I've been exercising every day since Jan 1.
    Typically I run and play basketball 2x week, ride the bike to work, do some strength training and walk/hike whenever possible.
    I keep track of my workouts with a Garmin Forerunner 305.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Runningneo: It is a good feeling when you can feel like you can run for hours, I haven't had that for a while, but I do miss that feeling.

Meanness: Glad you are feeling better.

Dinos: You get to ride your bike to work? It must be a nice climate, the thought of being somewhere besides snow really made me smile just now. I think you will like the group, they are very encouraging. And on days I don't have the energy to do something, I remember this challenge.

2/7 Combined 2 TJ videos for my workout today. And ordered the last 2 other TJ videos yesterday.