My 2011 52 7/7 challenge!!

Options

Replies

• bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Thurs. 6/7 with 30 min. elliptical
    Fri. 7/7 with 60 minutes of brutal PT. I rode the bike for 6 miles on level 5!!! :bigsmile:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Thurs. 6/7 with 30 min. elliptical
    Fri. 7/7 with 60 minutes of brutal PT. I rode the bike for 6 miles on level 5!!! :bigsmile:
    AWESOME Nancy!!! Sooooo proud of ya!!! Get another work out by slapping yourself on the back, you deserve it!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Verda I'm sorry to hear you are sick. Hope you feel better. Also wannabe. Glad you are recuperating.

I didn't get home until after midnite so no exercise today 6/7 for the week. My dad had another biopsy today to see if his cancer is back. I had to drive he and my mom to the doctor. My mom hates ATL traffic. I'm back at home and my dad is resting well.

Have a great nite.
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    1/7 - Ran 6.0 miles @ 6.1 mph, walked 2.0 miles cooldown - 1194 cals.

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, I feel so much thinner and I look like it, too. First goal completed this morning.... Run 6 miles in under an hour by my B/day.... did it in 59:00. Previous best time was 63 min. and change. Next challenge will be to do it on the street, hills and all. Set that one for March 22. Long term goal is 18% BF by April 1. Weigh in today yielded only a 0.2 pounds drop in body fat... total weight is holding at 213.5. Should see a drop any day now.

The run felt pretty good.... getting used to the shoes. Gotta relace them, tho b/c around 5.5 mi. my left foot started going numb in the ball. The shoe was getting tight as my foot was swelling. The laces are about a foot too long anyway so I'll redo them today. Looking forward to watching the half and full marathon 2moro here in town.

Hope everyone is recuperating from their illnesses and/or sore backs from shoveling. Thank God there's "global warming" or we would really be getting socked in! :laugh: Global warming my foot!!:grumble:
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    7/7 W3 = 2 mile WATP yesterday + 3.33 miles in the yard, not counting those on my ticker though.

(( Huggs )) :heart: to all that is sick and Ivy best wishes for your dad)

running Happy Birthday again!!... keep kicking it!!

1/7=W4 = my 1st boot camp at the gym w/ my DD :happy:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, I feel so much thinner and I look like it, too. First goal completed this morning.... Run 6 miles in under an hour by my B/day.... did it in 59:00. Previous best time was 63 min. and change. Next challenge will be to do it on the street, hills and all. Set that one for March 22. Long term goal is 18% BF by April 1. Weigh in today yielded only a 0.2 pounds drop in body fat... total weight is holding at 213.5. Should see a drop any day now.

HAP-PEE BIRTH-DAY TO YA, HAP-PEE BIRTH-DAY TO YA, HAP-PEE BIRTHDAY..................................What an awesome birthday goal and great job in achieving it. Other than running 6 miles, how else do you plan on celebrating?
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Verda I'm sorry to hear you are sick. Hope you feel better. Also wannabe. Glad you are recuperating.

I didn't get home until after midnite so no exercise today 6/7 for the week. My dad had another biopsy today to see if his cancer is back. I had to drive he and my mom to the doctor. My mom hates ATL traffic. I'm back at home and my dad is resting well.

Have a great nite.

Prayers are being sent your family's way. Your mom is not alone in hating ATL traffic b/c I despise it too. I'm so thankful that I don't find myself in it often but when I do I always have to talk myself down b/c I suffer from a bad case of road rage.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options

1/7=W4 = my 1st boot camp at the gym w/ my DD :happy:

Hope you and DD love boot camp as much as I did. I loved my boot camp instructor b/c she was so creative in finding ways of making exercise fun.

I know I've seen WATP before but for the life of me can no longer remember what it stands for so can you or someone please enlighten me again?
  • vhuber
    Options
    I thought it was meant for Leslie Sansones "Walk Off The Pounds" but that would be WOTP! Guess I don't know either!

Happy Birthday again Mark!!!
  • runningneo122
    Options
    Thank you Verda and Terri .... isn't it "Walk Away The Pounds"?

Not too much planned for today.... work is slow so I'm cash poor, looking forward to watching the race uptown 2moro.
  • vhuber
    Options
    Thank you Verda and Terri .... isn't it "Walk Away The Pounds"?

Not too much planned for today.... work is slow so I'm cash poor, looking forward to watching the race uptown 2moro.
    Yeah Mark I think your right!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Runningneo! And congrats on achieving your goal today too!

Get well wishes to all those who are ill!

1/7: This morning I completed TJ lower body jam and BBL bum bum rapido. Now my focus is to clean the house, but I"m just not motivated right now. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    1/7 - Ran 6.0 miles @ 6.1 mph, walked 2.0 miles cooldown - 1194 cals.

The run felt pretty good.... getting used to the shoes. Gotta relace them, tho b/c around 5.5 mi. my left foot started going numb in the ball. The shoe was getting tight as my foot was swelling. The laces are about a foot too long anyway so I'll redo them today. Looking forward to watching the half and full marathon 2moro here in town.

Hope everyone is recuperating from their illnesses and/or sore backs from shoveling. Thank God there's "global warming" or we would really be getting socked in! :laugh: Global warming my foot!!:grumble:

Happy Birthday!!! Congrats on making your birthday goal!

I have a question about the shoes. All I have right now are cheap Walmart shoes. Have been hesitant to spend any real money on shoes until I know I'm going to stick with it. But, I notice how they don't really fit right, they don't give me good support, and I don't land on my feet properly. When I was running yesterday and I started getting tired, I started focusing on my feet, on forcing them to land solidly and properly on the groud and move through each step correctly. I don't know if it was the concentration that took my mind off of my tiredness, or if it was the proper use of my feet, but that made me feel so much better and helped me get through those 8 minute runs. I think I need to invest in better shoes... I can't afford to get *real* running shoes, though. Is there a good in between shoe? Is there a *better than Walmart*, but not as good as *<fill in expenskive brand here>* shoe that I can get for now??

I post this here because you seem to be one who would know about this, but I ask this of anyone who might have advice!

As far as Global Warming... I have a co-worker who has been calling it "Global Colding"... hahahaha
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Sarah: Regarding shoes...

My suggestion is to go to a running store & either try on a bunch, or better yet get them to observe your stride, etc & suggest a shoe for your particular food/stride. Then go online & find the same shoe MUCH MUCH cheaper. Everyone can suggest a shoe to you...one that they love & works for them, but everyone's foot is different & everyone's foot lands differently on the ground, etc. So although the New Balance 1064 works GREAT for my very, very narrow feet with high arches & neutral strike, that shoe might be all wrong for you.

Just my 2 cents :flowerforyou:

Also you could go to a site like runnersworld.com & they will guide you through some questions to help you find a shoe for your needs. They will help find if you over-pronate, etc....& help you narrow your choices.
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Sarah: Regarding shoes...

My suggestion is to go to a running store & either try on a bunch, or better yet get them to observe your stride, etc & suggest a shoe for your particular food/stride. Then go online & find the same shoe MUCH MUCH cheaper. Everyone can suggest a shoe to you...one that they love & works for them, but everyone's foot is different & everyone's foot lands differently on the ground, etc. So although the New Balance 1064 works GREAT for my very, very narrow feet with high arches & neutral strike, that shoe might be all wrong for you.

Just my 2 cents :flowerforyou:

Also you could go to a site like runnersworld.com & they will guide you through some questions to help you find a shoe for your needs. They will help find if you over-pronate, etc....& help you narrow your choices.

Thanks for the site! I have bookmarked it, and will spend some time checking it out later, probably tomorrow. I have to take my daughter shopping for a dress for the military ball at her school tonight, and then my parents are coming over. :)
  • runningneo122
    Options
    Ditto what Kara said. My R/S were a sale item and were $70. Retail was $130. I did a search for a dedicated running shoe store that could analyze my stride/footstrike and it was a 2 hour drive. I went online again and found one that could analyze your video or you could compare it to what they showed on the site. Here's the link: http://www.runningwarehouse.com/

The people are very helpful on the phone as well. It is a real live person that answers and not a machine to direct you to the right dept. The person is in CA where the company is located and not in India speaking some form of English you can barely understand. The returns are not a prob either b/c shipping is free both ways. O/N shipping is $10 in the lower 48.

I will buy my shoes there from now on b/c everywhere else I compared prices the running warehouse was cheaper. Now that I bought a pair that is in their database of "scanned" shoes, Ii can use a feature called "ShurFit". I select a shoe and size. I push the SF button and it asks me what shoes I'm currently wearing and size. It compares the two and shows me a 3D image of the shoe I want to buy and with "hot, warm, cold" colors it shows me how the new ones will feel. Red would mean tighter and blue would mean looser ... pretty cool. Check it out if you can't get to a store nearby that can examine your running. Most do it w/ the video on the T/M... some use special shoes w/ built-in sensors. Good shoes are essential for prolonged running. I found out the hard way that they are worn out long B4 they look it and running on worn out shoes or the wrong ones for your feet cause injuries..
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon all. It's going to be a lazy Saturday for me now that the workout and the house cleaning has been completed. I wanted to post before I started watching the movie "Salt" w/Angelina Jolie. I heard pretty good reviews about it while it was in the theater so decided to check it out.

Today I completed the Fat Blaster dvd that came as a bonus w/the Chalean Extreme program. I burned 275 calories in 30 minutes. I may add a hula hoop workout later but will make a definitive decision as the day progresses.

Chocolickkyss: 1/7
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great Saturday, and Runningneo I hope you're having a fabulous birthday!!

I'm 1/7 today with C25K 25 minute run with 5 min warmup and cooldown, 2.87 miles, 386 calories burned. Not feeling completely better, but getting there! I was worried before my run that I wouldn't be able to last since I hadn't run in about 5 days or more, but the run felt great!! I think I'm really starting to enjoy running, which is HUGE for me.

Have a great day guys!
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    1/7: 55 minutes of Turbo Fire :love:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK!!!! & BIG CONGRATS ON REACHING YOUR GOAL!! :drinker:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Mark!!!!

1/7 30 minutes of walk jog intervals