Over 200 New Year New me Part 42

Options

Replies

• elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Cris, what a smart idea to wear your HRM when you shovelled snow!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Julie - WTG on little baby moving to the next box :smile: That is awesome you getting lots of stuff for the little guy/girl..

Elmo - Have fun in LA !!

Cris - WTG on 400 in show shoveling...

We never hng anything up, we have been here 1 1/2 years, but i thin kit was cause we knew we were moving and it was a short term gig....We can't wait to get in the new house, to get some color besides white on the walls and hang stuff up...

on yeah..guess we need walls 1st :smile:, and a roof and a floor :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Girls

tstout, sorry to hear about your uncle. You and your family are in my prayers.

elmox, the weather has been beautiful in LA the last couple of days and the forecast is looking good. I think one of the days it is going to get close to the 80's but it has been averaging in the mid 70's. I am going to be heading south in about 3 weeks. So excited. I love southern CA in Feb. it is so nice and warm.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. Haven't read the posts. Just popping in to say hello. I'm off to a 4 hour training so I wont be back until tonight Have a good day everybody!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    First -
    TStout - sorry about your uncle, hang in there.
    Ann - goods news so far about your mum, hope it continues that way.

Elmox - I'm totally jealous, we actually looked into going to LA this weekend but not until Monday and the flights were outrageous. I know LA really well if you want any tips on where to go, restaurants etc. lemme know. We have a few spots that are not to be missed. I lived there for 3 years and visit about 2 times per year cos my sis lives there still.

Cris - WTG on the shoveling !! I'm about to go out and do that myself, we got about 14" here overnight. Hopefully I'll burn as much as you ! Sorry your little one is ill.

Well Even though I planned yesterday I did fail a bit, I overate (chocolate) and then had a terrible night of sleep or lack of it. Monday was a good day though and I'm on plan so far today.

1stPaul - welcome back !!!!!!!!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Ops I must have missed some posts while I posted

Julie- yay on free stuff! I didnt get hand me downs when I got preggo, but my old co-workers threw me a surprise baby shower and I got like $300 and a lot of cute clothes (people LOVE buying baby clothes). Then my family had a baby shower for me and Bobby's family is hugeeee so I got pretty much everything from my registry and didnt have to spend a dime. The stuff that wasnt bought from my registry I bought with gift cards and money I got, I was so overwhelemed with all the things I got I couldnt believe people were so generous!

Theresa- Im so sorry to hear about your Uncle, my deepest sympathies to you and your family
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Ann - here is the picture I was talking about!

207562_8009.jpg

If this works... I'll post pictures of Gunner, too!
  • tlrue
    Options
    Woohoo! It worked! I'm not smart enough to post pictures directly from flickr, but I can from MFP. haha

Here's my little man....

207562_2997.jpg
  • elmox
    Options
    Adorable!!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    omg too cute!!!
  • meokk
    Options
    I want one !!!!
  • tlrue
    Options
    meokk - The breeder has two more! ;) They're a gorgeous chocolatey color. Absolutely beautiful.
  • meokk
    Options
    I would really love to but my lifestyle just does not allow for it right now. I know how much exercise these dogs need and could not bear to leave it locked in a house all day.... booooo
  • elmox
    Options
    Meokk - We're staying with friends and already have some things scheduled, but let me know if there are any can't miss places.

Stop #1 - In n Out Burger by LAX!
  • tlrue
    Options
    Meokk - well if you're ever in Chicago you can come visit Gunner hahaaha

Lauren - In n Out Burger! DELICIOUS! Have fun! :)
  • meokk
    Options
    Meokk - We're staying with friends and already have some things scheduled, but let me know if there are any can't miss places.

Stop #1 - In n Out Burger by LAX!

Don;t know what neighborhood you are in but here are a few.....

Santa Monica:
    - Bay Cities Italian Deli on Lincoln Blvd. make the best sandwiches on their own made rolls that you will ever try. Get them to go and sit on the sand or on the pier. This place is so good, expect a 10-20 minute wait to get served.
    - Cha Cha Chicken - funky looking carribbean spot on Ocean Ave near the beach - jerk chicken enchiladas are awesome.

Mid Wilshire area:
    Pizzeria Mozza - on Highland, too late for a reservation but they take walk ins, best to try at an odd time like 3pm. The best pizza I have ever eaten.
    Izakaya by Katsuya - on 3rd st near the Beverly center. One of several great places for LA Japanese. Spicy Tuna Crispy Rice is not to be missed.

If you are heading to the Southern part of LA and have some spare time you could got o the Starbucks with the best view in the world !! It's in Palos Verdes right at the bottom of LA, you can sit out the back and basically are on a cliff overlooking the ocean.
    It's also whale migration season so you might spot a few.
  • elmox
    Options
    Izakaya by Katsuya - on 3rd st near the Beverly center. One of several great places for LA Japanese. Spicy Tuna Crispy Rice is not to be missed.

We went here last year when we visited these friends! You are right, the spicy tuna crispy rice was AMAZING!!

I think we're going to north to Santa Barbara one day and south to Placentia (to a brewery for the hubby, obvi!) another. Looking forward to the goregous weather, good company, and delicious food.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Ann - here is the picture I was talking about!

207562_8009.jpg

If this works... I'll post pictures of Gunner, too!
    its beautiful and how did you post the pic
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hi wonderfuly MFP ladies! I'm so glad you are still here and so supportive. I'm starting over ... had my first nutrition 4 weightloss class last night. It was what I was expecting and it isn't going to be easy, but I think it is necessary. The first thing I have to do is quit my diet pepsi. So today I am switching to tea. No more (or very little) processed foods... that is going to be a challenge. I'm going to have to do a lot more planning for meals. I'm supposed to have a protein, carb (fruit, vegetables, some grains), and a healthy fat every time I eat. I have always had a problem not getting enough protein so I'm really going to have to work on that as well as the change in carbs. I will be shopping at lunchtime today to stock up on the things I can eat. I would say that I am 'grudgingly committed' to doing this. It isn't quite the best attitude - but at least I am committed. I felt more motivated once I logged onto MFP and read the last couple of days of posts from you all ... hopefully getting re-connected at MFP will help me to follow my new nutrition plans.
    I'm happy to be back! :flowerforyou:

I gave up my diet soda in November. YOU CAN DO IT! If you get caffeine headaches - Excedrin has a wee bit and helps with the withdrawal. The greatest thing that has come of my quitting is the huge amount of money I am socking away! You may want to do the math - was quite surprised.
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Checking in for yesterday:
    Cals - Over by 2
    Water - 80 oz
    Exercise - none
    Proud - Wore size 14 pants to work and didn't cut off ciruclation.

Checking in for today:
    Cals: just shy of goal
    Water: 100oz
    Exercise: an hour with my killer trainer
    Proud: Received a job offer today from where I have been interviewing.