Slow cooker recipes with low calories

Options

Replies

• knhall09
    Options
    I have a great 24 page pamphlet of great recipes and tips when it comes to using your slow cooker that I received from my nutritionist a year or so ago. What is really nice about it, is she has included the nutrition facts for the recipes so you know how many servings there are and the contents of each serving!

If you would like me to send it to you, just give me an email address and I would gladly forward it.

I would love a copy!!!! Thanks!!!!! knhall09@gmail.com
  • FeistyKitty808
    FeistyKitty808 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump
  • punkinbeanie
    Options
    get the book fix-it-and-forget-it Lightly it is awsome!!!!
  • wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I would love to have a copy of your pamphlet also. Please send to wwh140@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Wendy
  • lisamt83
    lisamt83 Posts: 119
    Options
    This sounds DELISH!!!!!

Also, my favorite crockpot recipe is Chicken Enchiladas. It is as follows:

Crockpot Chicken Enchildas

4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    8 oz cream cheese
    2 cans enchilda sauce, red or green
    tortilla shells
    shredded cheddar cheese

Place chicken breasts in crockpot, and smother with one can of enchilda sauce and the cream cheese (I just leave it in a block and dump the enchilda sauce on top). Cook on low all day. When ready to prepare meal, stir the chicken well....it will just fall into pieces, and the cheese and enchilda sauce get mixed together. It kind of looks disgusting, but I promise it tastes good.

Spread chicken mixture down the center of softshell tortillas, and roll up. Place seam side down in a 9 x 13 inch casserole pan. You can fit six enchildas in the pan. Pour second can of enchilda sauce on top and cover with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake at 325-350° until heated through, approximately 30 minutes. If you make these ahead of time, you will need to bake longer.

Serve with lettuce, more shredded cheese, sour cream, black olives, etc. to your taste.

The leftover chicken mixture makes great chicken tacos, and this recipe freezes well. You can use low-fat or non-fat cream cheese and whole grain tortillas to make it healthier.
  • nico1244
    Options
    I would love to get a copy of the booklet if you do not mind. I work full time and have a busy lifestyle as I'm sure most everyone does...the slow cooker saves me during the week! :) My email address is nico1244@hotmail.com
  • sk4399
    sk4399 Posts: 96
    Options
    I have a great 24 page pamphlet of great recipes and tips when it comes to using your slow cooker that I received from my nutritionist a year or so ago. What is really nice about it, is she has included the nutrition facts for the recipes so you know how many servings there are and the contents of each serving!

If you would like me to send it to you, just give me an email address and I would gladly forward it.

Here is my latest favorite crockpot dessert:

Apple Sauce

Core peell ( I suppose you don't have to if you don't mind the peel) and slice a variety of apples (you can use whatever kinds you like I personally use about 5 different types in mine) - enough apples to fill the crockpot that you are using

Throw in some lemon juice and cinnamon/all spice/apple pie seasoning/nutmeg whatever you prefer

Turn that bad boy on and let her go on high for a few hours or low for a few more until the apples are as soft as you prefer them to be, I let mine go til they are mush, but some others I know prefer a more chunky apple sauce so they don't let it go as long.

If you don't want to add lemon juice a little bit of water can be added if you like instead

I use some sweet and some sour apples and I find that this combo requires NO added sugar and is plenty sweet (more golden delicious apples yum) :)

ENJOY
    Me please... katyaustin@gmail.com
  • citrusc3
    Options

i would also like to have this copy as well citrusc3@hotmail.com
  • wonderish
    wonderish Posts: 89 Member
    Options

Here is my latest favorite crockpot dessert:

Apple Sauce

Core peell ( I suppose you don't have to if you don't mind the peel) and slice a variety of apples (you can use whatever kinds you like I personally use about 5 different types in mine) - enough apples to fill the crockpot that you are using

Throw in some lemon juice and cinnamon/all spice/apple pie seasoning/nutmeg whatever you prefer

Turn that bad boy on and let her go on high for a few hours or low for a few more until the apples are as soft as you prefer them to be, I let mine go til they are mush, but some others I know prefer a more chunky apple sauce so they don't let it go as long.

If you don't want to add lemon juice a little bit of water can be added if you like instead

I use some sweet and some sour apples and I find that this combo requires NO added sugar and is plenty sweet (more golden delicious apples yum) :)

ENJOY

Me please!! wonderish@gmail.com
  • ColemanM
    Options
    I have sent it to all of you prior to this message :) enjoy
  • 417wendy
    Options
    I too would love a copy of our pamphelt.......my email is wenparsons@yahoo.com!!! Thanks so much!
  • megannic99
    Options
    I would also like to have a copy of you crocket pot pamphlet also. My e-mail address is megannic99@yahoo.com
  • TheQueenishere
    Options

Me too please loco_mono@yahoo.com, Thank you :)
  • austingavin5344
    austingavin5344 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me please pwentz@viacu.org. Thanks
  • arfoxworth
    Options
    I would like a copy of the crock pot pamphlet! thanks! alraynor@gmail.com
  • xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I would love a copy too! kelly.street@rogers.com
  • tarabear88
    Options
    would love this tarabear88@aol.com
  • kerry2285
    kerry2285 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would love a copy too if still possible its: hand_in_hand_2001@hotmail.com

Many thanks x - what a great thread :-) I love my slow cooker!
  • timetripper42
    Options

I would love a copy!!!! Thanks!!!!! knhall09@gmail.com
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options

Put the frozen chicken pieces into your crockpot.

The cooking time will depend on how thick your pieces of chicken are, and if they are frozen or not.

I thought you weren't supposed to put frozen meat into a crock pot? I believe I read that both on MFP and on my Crock Pot instructions. I receive the largest ss Crock Pot brand one for Christmas and I defrosted 2 breasts in advance and cooked on low for 8.5 hours so then frozen would be like 15+ hours would it not?

I've used my crock pot with thawed chicken and with frozen chicken. It is fine both ways. We didn't have a problem.