Options

Replies

• necki696
    Options
    I would love it too!! nhogue@verizon.net
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to a great list of slow cooker recipes that are low fat, low calorie and healthy.

http://www.spryliving.com/article/43673.html

Love this magazine - and you will too even if you aren't 55+
  • ksnowras
    ksnowras Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I would love a copy too! kmsinca@yahoo.com

Thanks so much!!:smile:
  • HealthHopeAndHappiness
    Options
    wow that sounds fantastic! I am busting out my crock pot as we speak because I read this post. Going with the apple sauce chicken. You would happen to know how many calories are in a serving, would you?
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    bumping for later... I love my slow cooker!!!!!!!!

Not sure how many calories are in this but i wil sometimes pour a large jar of salsa in the slow cooker with a whole chicken and slow cook it for 6-8 hours on low. Then you can fry up some tortillas and serve it over them... very good. Guess you could make it lower calorie and use something other than a tortilla if you want.
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    I have sent it to all of you prior to this message :) enjoy

I would like a copy too please

sdwelk11@msn.com

Thanks in advance!
  • gattigirl1
    Options
    I would love a copy also: Gattigirl1@hotmail.com
  • jengiorgetti
    Options
    I would love a copy jenthompson_2000@yahoo.com
  • bmramsey0614
    bmramsey0614 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I would love a copy as well!

bmramsey0614@email.campbell.edu

Thanks!!!
  • Jesndave
    Options
    Does anyone mind forwarding on that slow cooker recipe book? I sure could use it. I have a crock pot that only gets used a few times a year. My email is jdbent3@sbcglobal.net Thanks!!
  • newcomba
    Options
    I wouldn't mind having it! Newcombam@hotmail.com

Thanks!
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options

Put the frozen chicken pieces into your crockpot.

The cooking time will depend on how thick your pieces of chicken are, and if they are frozen or not.

I thought you weren't supposed to put frozen meat into a crock pot? I believe I read that both on MFP and on my Crock Pot instructions. I receive the largest ss Crock Pot brand one for Christmas and I defrosted 2 breasts in advance and cooked on low for 8.5 hours so then frozen would be like 15+ hours would it not?
    Chicken tenders are quite small so they should defrost in there. Breast deffinatly would need to be defrosted.
  • drkallner
    Options
    Would like the pamphlet as well, send to drkallner@yahoo.com. Thank you
  • ButterflyOnFire
    Options
    Oooo. I love the recipe for applesauce! Will def be trying that soon!

I'd like to be added to the ever-growing list of crock-pot pamphlet "wanters" :wink: SamanthaSchuh85@gmail.com. Thanks!!!!
  • anbegley
    anbegley Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I would love a copy of the recipes. Busy life and need all the help I can get. anbegley@hotmail.com Thanks.

here is one my family loves

Southwestern Chicken

1 pkg frozen chicken breasts
    1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
    2 cans kernel corn (undrained)
    3/4 cup salsa--divided

Mix together beans, corn and 1/2 cup salsa. Place in bottom of crockpot. Place chicken on top of mix. Cover with remaining salsa . Cook on low 6-8 hours. Shred chicken and then mix all together. Serve with chips, in tacos or make a burrito with your favorite toppings.

Depending on how wet you like your chicken mix use more/less salsa. Enjoy!
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I thought you weren't supposed to put frozen meat into a crock pot? I believe I read that both on MFP and on my Crock Pot instructions. I receive the largest ss Crock Pot brand one for Christmas and I defrosted 2 breasts in advance and cooked on low for 8.5 hours so then frozen would be like 15+ hours would it not?
    It's a personal judgment call. You want the center to be at 140 degrees as quickly as possible (and get to 165 degrees) and for as long as possible to kill any sort of bacteria that may exist, rather than giving it somewhere to grow. But I think that so long as it reaches 140 degrees and stays there for a few hours it should be OK. Meats thaw pretty quickly, so I imagine they reach the appropriate temperature soon enough.

Most things I've found looking into this say it's all right so long as you cook the food for the appropriate time, and add a few extra hours just to make sure. But if you're cooking chicken it would generally come out to 10-12 hours, and 14-16 hours for a roast. But yes, it does take a bit longer.

But, you know, it may not be something you want to risk.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Thans for the recipes everyone!
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'd love the pamphlet with the recipes too! funnyteacher2003@yahoo.com
  • Deanna051
    Deanna051 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    would love a copy also! thanks! ddts06@msn.com