Over 200 New Year New me Part 44

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Pos Me lives near Philly and I've never visited, shortish train ride from NYC I'd be up for that but not until it's WARM !!!

NYC is always good......

I vote for LilSpys hubbys fathers beach house !!:laugh: :smokin:

Woot woot! Hilton Head, here we come! (I've been seriously considering asking if we can stay there for like a month while I'm on maternity leave :laugh:).
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Checking in for today
    calories: over if I don't eat my exercise
    water: plenty
    exercise: shoveled driveway (seems like the driveway is getting longer and the street narrower)
    proud: Ate healthy at a department banquet.

Checked on my sodium and am now going to track to see if I can keep it under 2400mg.

Exhausted - off to early bed.
  • Today's check-in:

Cals - 380 under (exercise cals)
    Sodium - 782 under
    Water - 10 cups
    Exercise - 1 hour of Zumba (650 cals! holy crap!)
    Proud - I got so much better at Zumba this week, especially over last. I'm still rhythmically challenged, but I got way better. :happy:
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    GOOD MORNING FRIENDS!!!!!

How is everyone doing?! I miss my sister Jess, she comes home today...yay!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Cris: Safe travels to Jess! With the messy weather everywhere, I hope it's not a challenge for her! By the way, you're being a Rockstar again! Unbelievable. I'm so, so glad you have your motivation back, sista!

Meokk: Ooh, I vote for the beach house, too!

Nancy: So glad you're back! I hate when you're frustrated or down about this journey because we need our funny, sarcastic Nancy.

Julie: I enjoyed Hilton Head when I was there. I'm sure we'd all love to meet our cyber-niece! :wink:

Seriously, though, a meet-up would be SO awesome. We'd almost have to have the media do a story because we're so awesome.

So, this week has been good in the non-scale victory ways. I'm still going on the 5k high, but the blog I got about it appeared on the right hand side of the main page this morning with 13 votes and the comments people left were so nice. One person even told me I'm a great narrator, which I choose to believe (haha). I've also had verbal confirmation that my bf :heart: s me! Woot, woot! What else could a girl ask for? (Okay, maybe a pair of new running shoes, fitted at a running store...)

Oh, and I was down 2 lbs. on the WW scale last night!!

Checking in for yesterday:
    Water: 66.7 oz.
    Exercise: None (planned rest day)
    Proud: My blog entry from yesterday. Also, my hard work last week paid off on the scale yesterday.
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Hello my dears!

Cris, you are awesome. Yeah you!!
    Nancy, AHMAZING work on your race. She's baaaaaack!!!
    Heather, one of those votes was mine. :flowerforyou: That was a really well written blog! Also, hooray for your 2 lb loss!
    Julie, I think beach house + maternity leave sounds fab, especially since you're due in the summer!
    Allison, if you are in NYC March 5, you have got to come up!

SPRING EAST COAST MEET-UP - IT'S HAPPENING!!

Yesterday's check-in"
    Cals - 1743, 312 exercise leftover
    Water - 120 oz - good grief!
    Exercise - 80 min of cardio - treadmill + ellipitical. I was watching Biggest Loser and I wasn't going to leave until the weigh-ins were over! :laugh: So I ended up with an additional 5-7 min of cardio because you know they always make you wait a commerical break for the last one! 855 cals burned (and over half eaten back)!
    Proud - Had a great workout at the gym!
  • cris20056
    Heather I love you! Havent read your blog yet but I am surely going to right now

Beach house meet up sounds woooonderful! I'm sure Julie's hubby wont mind :laugh: :laugh: Can we do a no kids allowed thing casue I need a break! Ok well Julie can bring her kid but thats it! ha

Lauren- wooowza on your 885 burned! wtg!!!

So I took my measurements as promised and apparently the last time I took them was end of May 2010. I gained 1+ inches on every single part of my body since then...it was disgusting to record my new measurements I couldnt believe that I gained THAT much back! OMG It def makes me want to keep going!!

Also, I contacted the GYM about boxing classes, so Im kind of excited to check out the pricing and maybe start it soon! yay! i have always wanted to box...but I am also petrified because I am so weak and not conditioned at all!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    Did I miss something? What with the East Coast meeting…I AM UP TO FOR THAT TOO!!! I live just outside of Philly... give me all the details. I’m so excited!!!

Blue, love the new profile picture..simply beautiful :)

Cris, awesome job on the exercise burn and I would take Meokk’s advice because I did do the low calorie thing (exercising 1 hour and eating 1100 calories) for one week. I did loss a lot of weight, however, that stinking scale would not budge after that (for 2 weeks), and so I upped my calories (back to 1,200). I did see a slight gain, but then my weight started to go down because my body didn’t feel ike it was starving and it started to release the fat. Just my two cents..and I do care about your health.

Meokk, yup, I do live close to Philly about 20 minutes away…small city called Bensalem.

Allison, awesome Zumba burn! I’ve become to love Zumba, but I have the dvd..not the actual gym class. The dvd is so fun to do especially for someone with 2 left feet and no rhythm whatsoever.

Jess, hope you have a safe return…miss you girly!!!

Heather, congrats on the 2bs loss. WTG girl!!!

Julie, how’s the pregnancy going? Btw, I am not sure if I said this before but CONGRATS on the babu being a girl!!! My oldest is a girl…couldn’t have it any other way. She helps me out and we have a special bond..and nothing can break that. I am very close with all my kids but the connection between my daughter and I is a different connection..maybe because we have similar thing in common..lol

Elmox, that’s more than an hour of working out….YOU ROCK!!!

I hope I didn’t forget anyone…not intended. Sorry,
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    forgot to check in for yesterday

Calories: under exercise calories, but over 1,200
    water: 110oz
    exercise: Last Chance workout...so much harder than Jillian's Shred..but I liked it so muc hbetter
    proud: I did my morning exericse and my 2 mile walk, in the afternoon.

It's disgusting outtside, here in Pa...I want this weather to leave. Schools were on a 2 hour delay. Kids hated that they had school because of fear of Icy roads...
  • cris20056
    pos me- thanks for caring! Im honestly not starving myself I promise, not gonna lie though at this point in the game Im looking for a quick loss and not too concerned about the healthy part of it...sorry I know thats like so horrible to say here on MFP but its the god hoenst truth. Yes, originally I began this journey looking to get helathier because I was having trouble keeping up with my son and I want to play and run and dance with him but at this immediate point my concern is looking smokin hot in my wedding dress and Ill do jsut about anything to get there. But then I promise I will focus on healthy loss! promise promise!!!

I just went out and bought 2lbs weights for my shred workouts I was doing it without weights and that was hard enough...I am super super weak with upper body strength so Im really scared to add the weights, even if its just 2lbs...wish me luck!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    I do not live on the East coast, but depending on when you girls meet, I may be able to drive up! I have spring break from March 19-26. :love:

Another snow day. SO tired of the snow and ice and super cold weather. :grumble:

cris - great job adding the weights! You are doing fantastic!!!
    pos - thank you for the compliment! I can really tell that my LEGS are shrinking. You can't really see them in the pic, but they are much smaller than they used to be!
    lauren - holy schmolies on that burn! You go, girl!!!
    allison - you're becoming a zumba groupie! Yay!

I am going to attempt to go out today! LOL
  • Heather - YAY for being down 2 pounds, the BF verbally admitting some :heart: , AND for your NSV! So glad to see you pumped and high on the 5K. You've inspired me to sign up for an intermediate race between now and my 8 miler in April.

Lauren - I WILL BE IN NYC THAT WEEKEND! That would be epic! Also, your biggest loser workout seems like such a good plane to me.

Cris - sorry your measurements are up from last May. Hopefully that's some good motivation to get you back on track, though back on track the RIGHT WAY. I guess if you're still going to go for it, then that's your business, but I don't want to hear about it. I know that sounds harsh, but I think many of us have worked too long and hard on this journey to have someone talking about how successful she is doing stuff that's really not positive. I hope you understand my perspective and are respectful of that.

POS - embrace the lack of rhythm! We could start a support group or something. :laugh: I hope your weather improves soon...I feel weird knowing that the entire country is in a deep freeze but it's 70 degrees and sunny here today!

blue - I think zumba is addictive. I could see an improvement from one week to the next, the music is fun, and it was an enjoyable experience. It didn't feel like exercise!

I'm heading back out to enjoy the nice weather, then yoga later this afternoon.
  • cris20056

Cris - sorry your measurements are up from last May. Hopefully that's some good motivation to get you back on track, though back on track the RIGHT WAY. I guess if you're still going to go for it, then that's your business, but I don't want to hear about it. I know that sounds harsh, but I think many of us have worked too long and hard on this journey to have someone talking about how successful she is doing stuff that's really not positive. I hope you understand my perspective and are respectful of that.

Purple- I have been doing this Jan 2010, doing exactly what you are doing...counting calories, excercising etc. The only thing I am currently doing differently which you and other may not view as "positive" is that I do NOT eat my excercise calories unless I am hungry and I do not eat over 1300 calories...usually stick closer to 1200. Thats what has always worked for me. You are entitled to your opinion and of course I do respect them, to each their own. However, I will continue to post as I have become good friends with the girls on this board and they are my support system. You dont have to read my posts if you dont want to, but they will continue to go up
  • cris20056
    PS- The only thing I did find insulting about your post was that you feel that you have worked so long and hard on this journey...I work just as hard as you do and I have been on this journey for me entire life...so before you judge please get your facts straight
  • LittleSpy
    Cris -- You & everyone else all know how I feel about pretty much everything. :laugh: But please never stop posting. We miss you too much when you're away. :heart:
  • cris20056
    Just finished my Shred workout of the day WITH the 2lb weights....uhm ouch! Heather I dont know how you and Jess did that workout with 5lbs!!
  • LittleSpy
    Just finished my Shred workout of the day WITH the 2lb weights....uhm ouch! Heather I dont know how you and Jess did that workout with 5lbs!!

Seriously, they're monsters! :laugh: I started with 2s & moved up to 3s for some things & 5s for the easy things like chest flies & bicep curls but still.. I wanted to cry with the 3s on some of those arm raise things (yep, that's the technical term -- the ones out in front.). :sad:

posme- thanks for asking. I'm doing really well. I've gained too much weight so far but I feel like I have it under control now. Scale says I've lost about a pound over the last week. I'm not really trying to lose but I'm adding exercise back to my routine this week so that's making the difference for me.

Hehe, I'm drinking a Dr Pepper and baby is GOING CRAZY. First time I've really felt her move this much. :love:
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member

Seriously, they're monsters! :laugh: I started with 2s & moved up to 3s for some things & 5s for the easy things like chest flies & bicep curls but still.. I wanted to cry with the 3s on some of those arm raise things (yep, that's the technical term -- the ones out in front.). :sad:

Julie and Cris - I totally challenge you to an arm wrestle ( because I think I'd win , he he :bigsmile: ) When I do the shred, which is not often, I use 8 pound weights for everything.....boo yah !!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • cris20056
    Julie- MOVE MORE, EAT MORE! HAHAH I know! The stupid arm raise thingy...yea dunno wth they are called either are the ones that killed me...it hurt me even without weights....oh and the raise the weights over your head then drop into a squat thing...OUCH! Im so sore right now doing this everyday for one month better make me stronger cause this is pure torture!

Meook- HOLY CRAP! 8LBS! YOU ARE CRAZY!!!! But my new hero!!!! :drinker: :heart: :laugh:
  • LittleSpy

Julie and Cris - I totally challenge you to an arm wrestle ( because I think I'd win , he he :bigsmile: ) When I do the shred, which is not often, I use 8 pound weights for everything.....boo yah !!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, you'd win!! Really, I could probably handle 8s for everything except those damn arms in front things. I used to swear after every one after about 5-6 with just 3# weights. :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.