Over 200 New Year New me Part 44

Replies

• elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    mstahl - I'm totally with you on the not drinking enough water when I'm home. My water is always down on the weekends when I'm home.

purple - The hot yoga that I do is Hot Vinyasa. The room is about 90-95 degrees and vinyasa yoga is one where you are pretty much constantly moving. So you are doing one move on your inhale and another on your exhale. I'm looking forward to trying traditional hot yoga (Bikram) which is done in 95-105 degree room and is a series of poses that you hold for much longer.
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Heather !!!!!! - I can't find your blog and I want to read it.....help !!!!!!!!!!

nevermind I found it.....they don't make it easy to search for a blog on here.....

Love your 5k story, again, so proud of you:heart::drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Lauren: I don't know how you don't die doing the hot yoga. I get light-headed with regular yoga and if heat was added, I would pass out. Seriously. You're amazing!

Meokk: Thanks for reading my blog!

Melinda: Excellent job on not indulging while at home with a teenager. I'm sure she was munching on delicious junk food all day...

Checking in for yesterday:
    Exercise: Walking in the pasture for an hour to catch my stubborn horse.
    Water: 33.8 oz...terrible!
    Proud: That I didn't run to the store to get the pizza-flavored Doritos I just learned existed. I love, love, love pizza flavored chips.
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Im sore ...very very sore...and TOM is here and its really not helping. Oy its going to be a long day.

I have to get the shred done at work before 2pm (its 11:22 now) and then doing a spin class tonight...
  • cris20056
    Proud: That I didn't run to the store to get the pizza-flavored Doritos I just learned existed. I love, love, love pizza flavored chips.

:laugh: :laugh:

GOOD JOB!
  • elmox
    I have to get the shred done at work before 2pm (its 11:22 now) and then doing a spin class tonight...

I LOVE that you work out at work. I also think the Shred is a great exercise plan for you right now. You'll lose some inches and get a bit tighter all over, which seems like just what you want for fittings next month. PUSH THROUGH THE SORE!!!
  • cris20056
    Thanks Lauren, I did set a goal of weight loss for this month but I have also prepared myself for no weight loss but hoping for lots of inches lost instead!

I'll just picutre meook and heather using their 8lb weight and then it will make me feel like a sissy and Ill muster up the strength to get it done! :tongue: :grumble: :noway:

PS- I work with my father and he's out of town in Mexico this week so I do the shred on my lunch break by putting the dvd into my computer and moving my desk back it gives me jsut enough room, but I am constantly scared someone will knock on the door or call and Ill be out of breath or soemthing hahahaa :laugh: :laugh:
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    I'm super busy at work this week (and at home), so I did a quick perusal of the posts for the past few days and I'm doing a checkin for the last two days:
    calories: GOOD!
    exercise: good yesterday, nothing on Tuesday
    water: pretty good, but need to work on it
    proud: I'm very proud of myself for not letting last weekends derailment keep me off track, my weight this morning was back to what it was last Friday ... VERY happy with that. I'm hopefull that I may lose a little more for our weigh in tomorrow to get me to my Feb 1. goal. I'm also proud that I did well yesterday when I had a really challenging eating day with two restaurant meals. I didn't eat perfectly, but pretty darn good with what choices I had! Yeah!
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Hey, all... just wanted to let you know I was still around (sort of).

It's been extra stressful the last few days... I was supposed to go home yesterday, but a giant blizzard got in my way. As of now I should be able to get home Saturday. Looking forward to it (and a little hesitant... terrible fight before I came to Ohio, I'm not really sure where we left things. Just trying to focus on one thing at a time).

I'll be in touch!

-Teresa
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    I forgot to check in yesterday: everything: OK :laugh:

Off school again! Ugh! I am not thrilled about make-up days. It'd be OK if I could have actually went OUT these past few days!!! I am going out today! If I'm not back by tonight call 911!!!

Teresa - sorry to hear about the upsetting fight before you left. Hopefully time will put things in perspective.
    Cris - LOL I picture someone coming in and you being all sweaty and out of breath! I sometimes covertly do the Leslie Sansone after school in my classroom and I think the same thing - what if my boss enters and I'm bustin' a move! :laugh:
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Thought I would share some of the snack info and ideas from my nutrition class in case anyone is interested:
    Eating snacks keeps our metabolism moving. When our bodies are fueled throughout the day, we can immediately use that food for energy. This keeps our minds clear and bodies strong. When we go too long without eating, our metabolism slows down and enters storage mode, which can lead to weight gain and low energy levels.
    Eating balanced snacks keeps our blood sugar levels balanced and reduces hunger, provides good moods, and increases focus. Eating snacks containing only carbohydrates, such as a banana or crackers, causes our blood sugar levels to rise quickly, then crash.
    Here are some balanced snack ideas that are quick to make and can easily be brought to the office:

Nitrate-free beef or turkey deli meat with cream cheese wrapped around a pickle or bell pepper slices or apple/pear slices
    Sardines packed in oil with a side of fruit
    Wasa crackers topped with avocado and shredded chicken
    Boiled eggs with apple and peanut butter
    Beef stick with fruit and nuts
    Chicken mixed with mayo atop Wasa crackers
    Cottage cheese with fruit and sunflower seeds
    Cold sliced steak with carrot sticks in ranch dip
    Cup of chili

One of my new favorite snacks is our Oatmeal Almond Balls. We created this recipe for clients to enjoy a quick, easy, on-the go- balanced snack. Once a batch is made, keep it in the fridge for a fast grab snack, or freeze it for later use. These are basically homemade protein bars. Here is the recipe. Enjoy!

Oatmeal Almond Balls
    2 cups oats
    7 scoops natural or vanilla flavor whey protein powder
    3 tablespoons chopped almonds
    ¼ cup dried cherries OR fruit of your choice
    1 ½ teaspoons salt
    ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons water
    3 tablespoons peanut butter or almond butter
    1 tablespoon maple syrup
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
    20 teaspoons or 7 tablespoons chopped almonds or unsweetened coconut
    Form mixture into 20 small or 10 larger size balls using hands or a scooper. Dip each ball into 1 or 2 teaspoons of chopped nuts or coconut and refrigerate for an hour to let mixture set.
    Serving size: 1-2 balls for a balanced snack
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Bllluuueeeee!!! I love your avatar picture!!!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930

Thank you so much! I am very proud of how much smaller my legs are. My middle section still needs a LOT of work, but it is shrinking slowly but surely. :tongue:

I just finished a GREAT physical therapy session! I did three sets of ten reps on the ten inch step all by myself!!! No one helped me balance! This is HUGE for me to not need help!!! I am soooooo excited and proud of myself!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • elmox
    I just finished a GREAT physical therapy session! I did three sets of ten reps on the ten inch step all by myself!!! No one helped me balance! This is HUGE for me to not need help!!! I am soooooo excited and proud of myself!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    Check in (early today):
    Calories: 1310
    exercise: 3 mile walk and Last Chance Workout ( did better today then I did on Monday - and burned more calories!)
    proud: I worked out hard today...
    water: 110oz

Have a great evening ladies!!!
  • One of my new favorite snacks is our Oatmeal Almond Balls. We created this recipe for clients to enjoy a quick, easy, on-the go- balanced snack. Once a batch is made, keep it in the fridge for a fast grab snack, or freeze it for later use. These are basically homemade protein bars. Here is the recipe. Enjoy!

Oatmeal Almond Balls
    2 cups oats
    7 scoops natural or vanilla flavor whey protein powder
    3 tablespoons chopped almonds
    ¼ cup dried cherries OR fruit of your choice
    1 ½ teaspoons salt
    ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons water
    3 tablespoons peanut butter or almond butter
    1 tablespoon maple syrup
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
    20 teaspoons or 7 tablespoons chopped almonds or unsweetened coconut
    Form mixture into 20 small or 10 larger size balls using hands or a scooper. Dip each ball into 1 or 2 teaspoons of chopped nuts or coconut and refrigerate for an hour to let mixture set.
    Serving size: 1-2 balls for a balanced snack

This recipe sounds amazing! And like something I can do on the weekend to have a snack all week. Thanks for posting!

Blue - WTG on the PT!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    PS- The only thing I did find insulting about your post was that you feel that you have worked so long and hard on this journey...I work just as hard as you do and I have been on this journey for me entire life...so before you judge please get your facts straight
    Cris what you are doing and they way you are doing it is also what works for me.Not eating my exercise calories has always worked for me since I started this journey and I feel like as long as I am getting in good food calories and a moderate burn that I am not going to put my body into starvation mode because Lord knows I could live off the fat on my body for a year or two lol.I think whatever works for you is what you should do and what works for you happens to work for me too so I guess we can be wrong together.
  • awestfall

Thank you so much! I am very proud of how much smaller my legs are. My middle section still needs a LOT of work, but it is shrinking slowly but surely. :tongue:

Nancy you are looking GREAT!! You really are an inspiration to me and I am sure many others on this thread.Love you girl!
  • awestfall
    I know this is totally off the wall but I think I am going to highlight my hair again like alot of blonde highlight.OH what the hay I will be a blonde again once its all said and done.So getting to my point what do you all think blonde or brunette for me??I have been told I can pull off just about any color and I am a cosmetologist and I have to agree I am one of the lucky ones who can pull off any color but I love feedback.Any color opinions ??? I would love to here any new suggestions as well not just blonde or brunette any ??I need a new look to my hair lol
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Ann I think you would look beautiful with a light brown undertone with blond high lights....go for it !!!
This discussion has been closed.