let's flip the table, what do women prefer in a man?

Options

Replies

• CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Bring it on Jester I could kick your butt :) Then I will help your gf kick your butt :) HAHA
    i don't need the help, but thank you.

he's full of ****.

first time i was drunk
    2nd time i WON
    3rd time he messed me up by whispering in my ear on my last man.

That explains it! He cheated!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    writing.gif

:laugh: :laugh:
  • toots99
    Options
    As Twinsfan said in another thread, "I can't afford to be picky"! :laugh:

Sense of humor first and foremost. I laugh all the time, mostly at myself. If you can't laugh at yourself, you're not going to like it when I laugh at you. :laugh: I big, stocky boys. I don't want to "break" a smaller boy.

Hush with that stuff,you ain`t breaking anybody. :wink:

I always make fun of myself for the reason that has been stated forever...easier to do it before someone else does.
    Have been told that can be a turn off to ladies though too.

You ladies sure are hard to figure out. smiley-scared003.gif

:blushing:

There's self-deprecation and there's being able to laugh at yourself. Laughing at yourself is a sese of humor...repeated self-deprecation signals some underlying issues, in my opinion.
  • toots99
    Options
    Curious question for the ladies...

At what point is a "nice" guy too nice?
    Have read that it happens and is actually a turn off or is that a bunch of horse muffins?

Someone is too nice when they don't have a voice or an opinion of their own, they just go with whatever you want and think that whatever you think is right and discounts their own opinion for yours. That's a turnoff. If I like the color red, it doesn't mean you have to. I don't want you to like it because I do. I want you to like it because you like it.

Don't guys get annoyed by that too?

"What do you want to do tonight?"
    "I don't care, whatever you want."
    What do you feel like eating tonight?"
    "Doesn't matter, I'll have whatever you feel like eating."
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

Have read that it happens and is actually a turn off or is that a bunch of horse muffins?

Someone is too nice when they don't have a voice or an opinion of their own, they just go with whatever you want and think that whatever you think is right and discounts their own opinion for yours. That's a turnoff. If I like the color red, it doesn't mean you have to. I don't want you to like it because I do. I want you to like it because you like it.

Oh hell yeah it would...would want to talk with a lady about things and have a discussion about opinions and feelings where both can feel free to openly express themselves.
  • mjd0109
    mjd0109 Posts: 152
    Options
    I just want someone honest and loyal. Get me with your charm and stay true to me and that's all I need!
  • ropedancer
    Options
    This is fun!

Personality wise- My type of guy that is one I can have a good conversation with. Someone who listens to me, and is filled with interesting opinions and ideas (and not necessarily ones I agree with!). He also has to have a great sense of humor on multiple levels (everything from fart jokes, to witty/intelligent quips). My ideal guy is compassionate, and understanding, without being a doormat. He's a bit of a homebody, but likes to go out every now and then. He has to enjoying reading (although he doesn't have to be as obsessed as I am), be creative, and into geeky things. My ideal guy doesn't feel the need to pay for everything as a way to prove how much he cares about me (although occasionally is nice). I'm not material girl, but I do need lots of affection. My ideal guy doesn't mind being a bit of goof every now and then, but knows how to be serious too. Oh, he also needs to be good in the bedroom.

Looks wise? Tall dark and handsome. Some things are classic for a reason. Oh and glasses. I love a man in glasses.

If it looks like I've thought a lot about this, it's because I just described my fiancé. To be honest, I never really had a "type" until I met him, and realized that he was what I was looking for all along.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Respect and trust are the most important things to me in a man. He needs to show respect for me and himself so that I can trust him.

Also the big deal-breaker is if I am in a relationship with someone they need to be able to put me top of the priority list. Even within a family, the primary relationship needs to be strong as the basis of that family.

I used to think a great sense of humour was important, but my first husband was hysterically funny, just not the right person for me.

Just a reminder to all those lucky peeps who are talking up their wonderful partners, just take some time today to show them how much you value them, life can change in the blink of an eye.

GG
  • toots99
    Options

Oh hell yeah it would...would want to talk with a lady about things and have a discussion about opinions and feelings where both can feel free to openly express themselves.

Exactly. Someone with their own beliefs, even if they differ from mine.
  • superninjatam
    superninjatam Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Guys - i feel an intervention is needed! Do NOT go on what a woman says she wants. If that were true, game-show hosts would be the sexiest men alive (good personality, sense of humour)

Assuming you present yourself reasonably, then confidence is the number one attractor. And confidence does not equal lechery!
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Guys - i feel an intervention is needed! Do NOT go on what a woman says she wants. If that were true, game-show hosts would be the sexiest men alive (good personality, sense of humour)

Assuming you present yourself reasonably, then confidence is the number one attractor. And confidence does not equal lechery!

He has a good point! Actually two, I would like to see a hot game show host!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    As Twinsfan said in another thread, "I can't afford to be picky"! :laugh:

Sense of humor first and foremost. I laugh all the time, mostly at myself. If you can't laugh at yourself, you're not going to like it when I laugh at you. :laugh: I big, stocky boys. I don't want to "break" a smaller boy.

Hush with that stuff,you ain`t breaking anybody. :wink:

I always make fun of myself for the reason that has been stated forever...easier to do it before someone else does.
    Have been told that can be a turn off to ladies though too.

You ladies sure are hard to figure out. smiley-scared003.gif

:blushing:

There's self-deprecation and there's being able to laugh at yourself. Laughing at yourself is a sese of humor...repeated self-deprecation signals some underlying issues, in my opinion.
    Ouch...my main form of humor is self deprecation :runs to the therapist:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

Bob Barker did well for himself.:laugh:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

Bob Barker did well for himself.:laugh:
    ..until that hawaiian chick hugged him so hard she cracked his rib. Hooray for spam1.gif
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I love this topic :smile:

I can honestly say that my boyfriend is my ideal man!!

Looks-wise I've always had a thing for tall men, not fat but not thin (something to hug other than bones), a little bit of stubble but well kept. Kris is 6'5", pretty well built, a little more hairy than I'd like, but he does look after himself.

Personality-wise I like men who make me feel secure, who don't take themselves too seriously and who I can have an intelligent conversation with. They also have to either share similar interests with me, or at least been willing to give them a try... this is because, during the summer months, pretty much every weekend for me is taken up with car shows!
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options

This goes both ways.

We really don't want to be a wavy stick with large breasts right women? Or a taller wavy stick with larger breasts right?

Oh ..we can't really change that per se in acceptable ways.

So in conclusion:
    Just be yourself, without apology.
  • toots99
    Options

Have you SEEN Jeff Probst? :love: :love:
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I'll come out of the closet for this but going back right after...I have a major thing for Steve Harvey. YUMMO. He's tall, broad, not fat but not skinny and so dang funny. Mmmm. My husband has no clue. He loves Jennifer Anniston so it's all good. Did I mention bald? Oh yeah baby.
  • SweetToothMelissa
    SweetToothMelissa Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'll come out of the closet for this but going back right after...I have a major thing for Steve Harvey. YUMMO. He's tall, broad, not fat but not skinny and so dang funny. Mmmm. My husband has no clue. He loves Jennifer Anniston so it's all good. Did I mention bald? Oh yeah baby.

Even with that mustache?? LOL he is pretty funny though! My ideal man is truthful, loyal, taller than me, cleans up after himself, and can make me laugh. It's always nice if he's supportive to me and my goals, can cook, doesn't like to go out to bars too often, intelligent, and can hold a conversation :)
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options

Even with that mustache?? LOL he is pretty funny though! My ideal man is truthful, loyal, taller than me, cleans up after himself, and can make me laugh. It's always nice if he's supportive to me and my goals, can cook, doesn't like to go out to bars too often, intelligent, and can hold a conversation :)

(BLUSH) The mustache can come in handy...if you know what I mean...
    Men clean after themselves? Mine doesn't!