200+ Slimmin' Down in Spring!

Options

Replies

• anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Karen: Have a great weekend!

Kristina: Bummer that your walk got shortened due to weather. Enjoy DC.

Sandra: Hi - welcome to the group!

Kendal: I'm so proud that finished YogaX - it's soooo hard!!!! I turn the lights off to do it too and once that first section is over (the asanas), I actually kind of like it. I'm glad your knee is feeling better.

Deli: We don't know what's wrong with Trav. They checked his liver, gallbladder, kidneys, stomach, etc. The only thing they saw was that his liver is a little fatty (which is kinda weird cuz he's not over weight and he doesn't drink very much alcohol at all). He was thinking that maybe he has a food allergy or something. Dunno. We still on for ice skating tomorrow??? Gabe's excited to hang out with Adam & Yasmin.

Travis is thinking about pulling wheat and or gluten out of his diet to check for allergies so I'm researching what to cook. Anyone in this group gone wheat and or gluten free? Got any tips?? Have a good weekend ya'll.
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    hello all! hope everyones friday is going well. as for me, my leg hurts a very tiny bit lees than last night. what kind of foam roller are u talking about and where can i get one? i am willing to try anything at this point. well back to work fo me . i will check in later. see ya!
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I hope you all had a great week. Just gonna weigh in real quick before I head out to the gym. I was 194.5 last week and weighed in this morning at 193.0....kinda sucks I lost nothing since Monday but that's how it goes sometimes. So my total is 1.5 lbs lost this week. I kinda slacked on my diary....and I didn't stay low carb since Tuesday like I had been doing....and...I started to drink diet soda again.....so I know what to fix and will fix them for this next week. It's funny hoow easy it is to stop losing just due to tiny adjustments.

Kendal...great job finishing yoga, my exercise has been slacking and I have no excuse. Way to go!

Sigh I read all your posts but my memory sucks on names so I can't remember who said what, lol. When I get to my computer I'll open two windows and go back and respond just wanted to make sure I weighed in.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    oh

emm

gee

I found a recipe for sweet potato fries and they are the BOMB!

Its 8:30pm and I don't really feel like it, but its time to change clothes and work out. I'm really tempted to weigh in but I'm going to hide my scale tonight.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Amy could it be his appendix? My whole stomach area felt sore like I'd overworked my muscles and I felt super constipated for two days before I finally went to the ER...six hours later I had surgery.
    We do wheat/gluten free most everything for Gracie and dairy free milk for her. We've found that she can eat sprouted wheat or grain bread just fine...apparently a lot of people can with wheat allergies. It has to do with the way its processed. I'd suggest buying some digestive enzymes for Travis and seeing if that helps...not yogurt. Digest enzymes. If you can't find any let me know and I'll buy some and send them to you. Also Pamela's gluten free baking mix is THE BEST I've ever found, and lord knows I've tried a ton of them. Makes the best pancakes hands down we've ever had.

Welcome Deli!!! I'm 33 too.

Kendal - DON'T DO IT!!!

Well I've floundered since the last challenge ended. Apparently to do well I need to set goals so I have some expectations to live up to. I've got 23 days until I leave for Vegas, so starting tomorrow I will work out 300 minutes per week, with three days of 30 minutes of run/walking on the treadmill to build that up. Working out automatically makes me eat better. I have to get my *kitten* back in gear.
    Tonight, I'm going to eat a big bowl of icecream, and tomorrow ask Jeff to hide all the stuff and get back to eating better as well.

Good news, I bought a size L dress at Target. Its super cute. http://www.target.com/Merona-Sleeveless-Dress-Drape-Navy/dp/B004EVUYK2/ref=br_1_13?ie=UTF8&id=Merona Sleeveless Dress Drape Navy&node=391687011&searchSize=30&searchView=grid5&searchPage=1&sr=1-13&qid=1298684147&rh=target_com_size-bin:00190{Large (12-14){|lifestyle-bin:Casual&searchBinNameList=style_name,sleeve_type,collar_style-bin,lifestyle-bin,target_com_size-bin,target_com_primary_color-bin,price,target_com_brand-bin&searchRank=pmrank&frombrowse=1

And I bought a size 14 skirt (black) on sale from White House Black Market today...not sure what to wear on top, but its cute and hopefully by Vegas it will fit perfectly. It has pockets. Therefore it rocks. What do you wear on top??
    http://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/browse/product.jsp?maxRec=57&pageId=1&productId=570011749&viewAll=true&prd=Shell+Full+Skirt&subCatId=&color=&fromSearch=&inSeam=&posId=35&catId=cat210002&cat=Dresses++Skirts&onSale=&colorFamily=&maxPg=1&size=

Anyways, slowly but surely. I just know for the next 23 days I need to get back to ROCKING IT.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    TGIF!

Amber: Sounds like the yoga was just what the doctor ordered. I'm glad it helped to ease things with your leg. I think it's adorable that your dog won't go out in the rain without a rain coat.

Amy: It stinks that the doctors weren't able to pinpoint what was wrong with your husband, but at least now you know what it isn't. Hopefully you'll be able to work it out by process of elimination with the diet changes.

Victoria: I find my weight doesn't move much either during TOM... or it goes up. I know when it's stable that it means I'll have a big loss when it's done.

ct1986: Sounds like an interesting challenge! I'm sure you'll rock it.

deli: Hope you have a great weekend too :).

Sandra: Welcome to the group and congrats on the great progress so far! This is a pretty great bunch of people.

Kristina: Sorry the weather was crappy during your walk with Emma but hopefully it'll brighten up a bit! Working out on the cold, gloomy days is a lot harder than on the nice ones, that's for sure!

Karen: Have a great weekend!

kimmrdodge: Congrats on the loss! Not bad for a week where you let yourself 'slack' a little.

Lacey: Sounds like a decent set of goals. The dress is super cute!

My day was crazy today, as always. Found myself doing a job I thought I was done with for good when I got my (first) promotion last April--I've moved up 4 levels within the company since then (from senior admin assistant to analyst to QA) but our only admin assistant was out for appointments today and the report is due to the client Monday and she doesn't work Mondays at all. So I dusted off my word processing and editing skills. Of course, this means I need to go in tomorrow to catch up on my own stuff, but I'm hourly so I'll get some overtime.

Had a decent workout today with my PS3 program. I worked out for roughly 35 minutes, a mixture of resistance and cardio. Lots of upper body and core today, interspersed with running. Now I've got roasted chicken reheating in the oven and broccoli and cauliflower in the steamer and Chris just made bread. Yummy!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Lacey- I was good. I put the scale up. Literally. Its in the hall bathroom closet. And super cute skirt!!! I have no idea what kind of top to wear with it

And I did my P90X Legs/Back and Ab Ripper tonight. I found out why my hrm wasn't always reading my heart rate. My chest strap was too loose. It's weird cause most of me thinks that the strap must have stretched or the position loosened on it, not that its possible that I might have shrunk a little. I guess I'll believe when I see it.....and the smaller size sticks.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Kendal: Good job avoiding the scale & getting your workout on! I bet you've lost inches and that's why your HRM strap is looser. Oh and sweet potato fries are my FAVORITE food ever.

Lacey: OMG, the White House Black Market skirt is SUPER-CUTE. You could wear a nice tank or cami with it. I wouldn't wear anything loose or flowing up top because it would compete with the skirt.

sarah: You guys are always having fresh bread - it makes me sooo jealous! What kind of bread does your hubbs bake?

Kimm: Your loss was great but it's good that you know the areas you need to improve on. I just wanted to make sure you know that a 1.5 pound loss in a week is really awesome!

We've got a busy day today. Gabe's got a basketball game, we've got to go grocery shopping, and we're going ice skating tonight so I got up at 8 am and ran for 30 minutes and did my XStretch video so I could make sure to get my exercise in for the day. Now I gotta get moving with my day. Enjoy your Saturday ladies!
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just stopping by quickly to weigh in. The scale said 237.2 this morning for a loss of 1.8 since last week.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Hiya, it looks like everyone is out enjoying their weekends. That's great! We enjoyed our Saturday. I watched Gabe's team trounce the competition by over 20 points, got my grocery shopping done, went ice skating with The Hubbs and Gabe (SOOO much fun! I've only been ice skating twice in my life and I really LOVE it), made a pineapple teriyaki grilled chicken breast and sweet potato fries for dinner before spending the rest of the evening rocking out on Rock Band 3. Such a great Saturday! I'm kind of ready for bed and to veg out completely tomorrow. Have a lovely rest of your day ladies.

Sarah: Yay for your loss - you rock!!!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    sarah- you are rocking it girl!!! way to go!!

Amy- sounds like a great day to me too!

I did KenpoX this morning and it has been such a beautiful day, Lexi whined at me enough till I broke down and took her to the park. I was going to go 2 miles. My plans were foiled when Lexi was hijacked by a little boy. He stopped me so he could pet Lexi which isn't unusual, but then he asked if he could walk her. I thought that meant around the track with me. Nope. He took her to the playground and showed her off to all his friends/siblings. I followed him around to make sure Lexi didn't get the best of him....I really think Lexi weighed more than that kid (he was probably about 10 years old). He loved her though and she was a doll. I love having a dog that any kid can walk up to and pet her and she just smiles and wags her tail at them (and maybe sneaks in a few kisses). She's such an amazingly good dog.

I had to leave to get the kid to give me my dog back lol I got a mile in and burned about 295 cals.

I posted on facebook that I needed help with my taxes. A friend from high school told me her husband can do it for me (he's an accountant). And then this guy I went to college with that I don't even remember why we are fb friends sent me a message and said he'd try to help me. I thanked him a couple times and said someone else is going to do it for me. Then he sent me this flirty message saying something like "see if I ever offer you my 'services' again ;) "

OOHH!!! I had to stop jogging shortly after beginning to tighten the string on my pants cause they were falling down!!! YAAAAYYY!!!

I think that 2 week hiatus shocked my system.....and probably my mindset too. I'm on this!!! woohoo!!!
  • blessedmommy2x
    Options
    I weighed in today, lost 3.4 lbs this week. WOOHOO! Down to 227.6 lbs

I weighed in today, lost 6.6 lbs this week. I don't know how... but I am thankful for the loss. I literally weighed myself 20 times with 2 different scales to make sure it was right, lol!!! I am down to 221.0 lbs.

Hope everyone is doing good! :-)
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm sorry to not get the daily check in everyday. Hopefully this week is more conductive to a bit more computer time. I am really enjoyting the Chalean. very challenging! I had a bit of a victory also. I'm actually up for weigh in but had a jacket i couldnt zip over my hips previously fit great. So something is happening!

Weigh in 218.5

Anvy you really torch those calories! I hope they found out waht is up with your hubby. Opps back again as I read further and read they didnt find what was wrong. I hope it goes away for him! I try to keep the gluten out of my diet as it cause lots of restroom stops. There are so many awesome gluten free recipes on the net!

Jamielr I hope your kiddos are feeling better. that is so hard on mom!

Suzie great job getting on the treadmill!

Kendal I hope your knee is feeling better! LOL about your dog!

Akasullengal I will keep everyone posted about chalean. have you done it? Sorry to hear you got more snow. It is getting old!

Sarah those nice hubbies that cook are awesome!

Dixiegal have you tried stretching the quad to see if that helps? I must say am so jealous of your warm weather :)

Pinbotchick I'm bloated right along with you. ugh

CT1986 good luck with the challenge!!!

Delimarpr have a terrific weekend!

Craft Hi! congrats on the 20 lbs!

Kaechelle enjoy your weekend!

Kimmrdodge 1.5 is terrific!!!

Lacey it sounds like you set some great goals!

Blessedmommy2 wow on that weigh in!!!!!!!!!!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Time is flying by... It's already Sunday... Yesterday was nice - I made butternut squash soup and a bean soup. This cold weather needs good soups to warm me up. I only burned 2300 vs the 2500 goal yesterday. I'll make up for it today with my 7 mile run this afternoon. Hope everyone has had a great weekend...

Amy - going gluten free sounds like a good idea to see if it eases his symptoms. Lactose free could be something else to try.

WIChelle - glad your liking Chalean. YEAH for clothes fitting better.

Blessedmommy - WOWSA - 6+ pounds is awesome - Congrats!!!

Kendal - I'm so proud of you for sticking with the P90X and doing the entire yoga workout!!

Amy - ice skating sounds so fun!!!

sarah - yeah for your loss!!! GREAT JOB!!! I hate any reports...

Lacey - the skirt is cute!!! I agree a form fitting tank or short sleeve shirt would look good with it. I wish I could wear skirts. I need pants for my job since I'm up and down from the floor all day. Vegas will be great and you will be smoking hot with the all your exercise!!!

kim - nice job on your loss too!!!

amber - amazon is where I buy foam rollers. http://www.amazon.com/36-Inch-Extra-Durable-Hi-Density-Roller/dp/B0028KDC82/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298818502&sr=8-1 Make sure to get an extra dense one. Some of the blue 24" rollers tend to loose their shape. Here is a nice article on how to use them.. http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/flexibilityandstretching/ss/FoamRoller.htm

karen - have fun being out of town!!! I hope you're going some place warm..

Kristina - have fun in DC. We are going for a long weekend in November to watch the Pumpkin Chunkin and stay with friends.

Welcome Sandra:flowerforyou:

deli - hope you had a nice weekend. You got to see Amy so I'm you had a blast...

ct1986 - hope you've found your motivation. It's hard to remember that this is a life long change and any slacking off and the weight seems to start coming back.

sorry if I've missed anyone but I need to start doing paperwork. 10 am was the time I promised myself I'd start...
  • noelle55165
    noelle55165 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My first week is done.

I started at 213 and I'm down to 209. I quite pleased!

I'm impressed with all of you who are exercising regularly. I haven't found anything I really enjoy and I get bored really easily.

Have a great week and I will check in again.

Noelle
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Noelle: You had a great 1st week! I get bored easily with exercise too so I make sure to do a bunch of different things during the week.

Victoria: Good luck with 7 miles! You are rocking!

WIChelle: I definitely discovered that my size went down before my weight once I started doing P90X. I'm sure it's similar with Chalean as well as it builds muscle. Isn't it nice when you can fit back into your skinnier clothes?!?!?! Way to go girl!

blessedmommy2x: Holy Cow! What an awesome loss for you!! :happy:

Kendal: Kids try to hijack my dog too. I'm lucky that she's so easy going and as long as I'm within sight of her, she is cool with it. And way to go on having to tighten your pants, you are rocking it girl!!! Don't you love the Kenpo workout?

I did my core synergistics workout and it kicked my butt. I was sweating and grunting and nearly puked (literally). I don't know why I pushed it so much harder than usual but it definitely showed up on my heart rate monitor. Maybe it was guilt associated with the angel food cake we had for dessert. :embarassed: It was soo good. It was angel food cake with a lemon whipped cream with fresh strawberries. :heart: It's ok - I totally burned it off and it was worth it. Have a great day ladies.
  • noelle55165
    noelle55165 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi there Ladies

I just added my signature and I wanted to see how cool it looks.

Have a great Monday!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Kristina - Hope you're having fun!!!

Noelle - the sig looks great... Congrats on your first week.

Amy - You really brought it to that workout!!! NICE!!!

Happy Monday and good bye to Feb!!! Spring is just around the corner - I can feel it!!! I have 5 clients and all are close to home so it should be a nice day. Mom's coming over during a mid-day break for our exercise. Then more paperwork tonight.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Good morning ladies! This is a recovery week for p90x for me- tonight is yoga. I had a good weekend, but didn't log food yesterday. Thats not a huge deal cause I rarely ever log on the weekends, so doing it on Saturday was a very big improvement for me.

I went to Lowes yesterday. I'm really excited about fixing up my backyard this year. I got these little 1ft tall plastic fence things and I'm going to mark off a section against the house and plant wild flower seeds. :bigsmile: I even got a yard ornament to go in there (its a wooden "rustic" cow) I also got stuff to repell the moles that keep coming back and softening up my yard, fertilizer, grass seed, roundup to kill the weeds popping up in the patio and some garden compost (for the area I'm going to plant the wild flowers). I'm REAAALLY looking forward to spring but don't want to plant it all too early in case it freezes again, which is highly possible.

and can I say that Charlie Sheen has gone absolutely bat-*kitten* CRAZAZAZAZY? I'm not a fan of his show, so I say cancel it and see how big of a "rock star" he really is.....let's see how many job offers he gets after this crap.
  • jamielr84
    Options
    Well I lost a big fat nothing this week.

On a positive note though, I did finish day 3 of my couch to 5k, which was 20 mins straight!! I was so excited about finishing that, that i didnt let the no weight loss this week bum me out too much.
    It's a new week, so I WILL do better this week!