Palelo Support Group?

Options

Replies

• AshCarlson
    Options
    I almost gave in to binging...but i managed to eat an omelette instead. my honey was going to taco bell..and it took every ounce in me to say no, it was awful. i'm full now, but still sad. this is so hard. am i the only one this addicted to carbs that i'm having such a hard time?

I kmnow the feeling girl! It is so hard to not just give up and go eat a fast food meal...but imagine yourself in your new clothes, even buy some! I know this may sound odd, but I even went as far as to buy a pair of jeans in the size that I want to be and put them nicely folded on top of the refridgerator. That way everytime I have to open the door I see them, just looking at me. Makes me definetely think twice about things!
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I almost gave in to binging...but i managed to eat an omelette instead. my honey was going to taco bell..and it took every ounce in me to say no, it was awful. i'm full now, but still sad. this is so hard. am i the only one this addicted to carbs that i'm having such a hard time?

Victory! Celebrate it and be proud of yourself! I promise you it gets easier as you get that crap out of your system. That's not to say you'll never have cravings again, but they'll be less severe and easier to resist. You did great!
  • tatiana_13
    Options
    Hi folks. I'm perhaps 70% paleo. So I'd like to join the discussion. To MissKim...it actually does get better. Sometime soon (not tomorrow or even next week, but soon), when your husband says he's off to Taco Bell, you will not salivate in the least, but will unconsciously turn up your nose! My advice would be to just figure out what you are willing to work on, and then work on that, and don't worry so much about being "perfect." As for myself, I don't worry about dairy. I'm not ready to give it up. Full fat greek yogurt and cheese are one of my love's and I'm not quite ready to part with them. Still, I worked really hard to work grains and sugar out of my daily rotation. And I'm mostly successful. To me, it was more important to do something then to strive for perfection. And the results in my health have been outstanding. I know we're on a weight loss site and everyone is focused on pounds, pounds, pounds, but I had lifelong allergies that went away, eczema that disappeared, and an improvement in energy. So, I'm sold.
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Thanks Yall, I'm feeling pretty proud, and I just did 15 minutes on the elliptical so I'm feeling pretty good about myself. (just starting back working out since before i was pregnant!, starting slow!)

Tatiana, it's great to hear about good things that come from this way of eating, besides weight loss. Weight loss is what I want, but if it helps other things, that's awesome! I've had sugar problems my whole life, and had gestational diabetes while pregnat. So I know exactly what carbs can do to one's blood sugar, I was poking myself 4 times a day through most of my pregnancy. Boy do I wish I knew all this then!
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Example of how my cheat calories(15%) would play out on a normal day.

Thomas' - English Muffin-Original, 1 english muffin 120

Coffee-Mate - Hazlenut Creamer - Liquid, 1 tbsp 35

I Can't Believe It'a Not Butter Light - Butter Substitute, 1 tbsp 50

! tablespoon 2% milk 8

total 213 out 1500 - 14.2%

My first snack will be a Banana(Fructose) and black coffee or very strong green tea to help buffer a slight crash.
  • AshCarlson
    Options
    Example of how my cheat calories(15%) would play out on a normal day.

Thomas' - English Muffin-Original, 1 english muffin 120

Coffee-Mate - Hazlenut Creamer - Liquid, 1 tbsp 35

I Can't Believe It'a Not Butter Light - Butter Substitute, 1 tbsp 50

! tablespoon 2% milk 8

total 213 out 1500 - 14.2%

My first snack will be a Banana(Fructose) and black coffee or very strong green tea to help buffer a slight crash.

Do you plan out each meal of the day? Have you found that helps you in this lifestyle?
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    And, when the fat starts coming off, pretty nice.

I'm hoping my body figures this out soon!! I was eating pretty clean before I started this, so less of a detox... which I've read means less dramatic results right away.
  • pyro13g
    Options

Do you plan out each meal of the day? Have you found that helps you in this lifestyle?

Yep, but I also only eat a handful of different things on a regular basis which keeps planning to a minimum. When I start to get tired of those things, I swap in some new things and then stick with them for a while. I'll never tire of eggs in the morning. Swapping between veggie omelets and over easy is enough variety for me. Now that my grill isn't under 6 feet of snow, grilled items will make their way back in. Mahi Mahi and a London Broil will hit the grill this weekend. I may even throw a pork shoulder in the charcoal grill and pull some pork.

For me, trying to figure out something different everyday is just a pain.

Almonds, walnuts, and bananas rarely leave the daily menu.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options

For me, trying to figure out something different everyday is just a pain.

Ditto.
  • MissKim
    Options
    I weighed in this morning with my other support group on here, we weigh in every friday. I lost 4 pounds!! and that's just with a few days of eating clean! I was so thrilled this morning! I'm def remotivated! and i just keep thinking how much i would have messed that up if i had given into taco bell last night! I'm so glad i didn't! this was def worth the suffering!
  • AshCarlson
    Options
    I weighed in this morning with my other support group on here, we weigh in every friday. I lost 4 pounds!! and that's just with a few days of eating clean! I was so thrilled this morning! I'm def remotivated! and i just keep thinking how much i would have messed that up if i had given into taco bell last night! I'm so glad i didn't! this was def worth the suffering!

Great job! You should definitely be proud of yourself! I am hoping that I have some weight loss this week, I weigh in on Wednesdays. See what healthy eating can do! :smile:
  • MissKim
    Options
    yes, it is def worth it when you see results! I'm so ready for this fat to be off of me!!!
  • AshCarlson
    Options
    I think I'm going to try my first fast this weekend from Sunday afternoon until Monday afternoon! I hope this works!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Hi there!!

Another Primal person here. I have been between Atkins and Primal Blue Print plan for the past year.

I am short on time right now, so I am getting this thread in my topics so I can come back later to chat more.

Please feel free to message me also.
  • pyro13g
    Options
    I think I'm going to try my first fast this weekend from Sunday afternoon until Monday afternoon! I hope this works!

I'm not hungry today after yesterdays open meal so it sounds like I'll be fasting from now until dinner tomorrow.
  • AshCarlson
    Options
    Pyro- Any tips for a first faster? I'm already getting anxiety about not eating! LOL
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Pyro- Any tips for a first faster? I'm already getting anxiety about not eating! LOL

Water, water and water.............herbal teas.

Also, work your way up with fasting. That is what I did. 6 or 8 hours the first time. 10-15 hours the second. I have worked up to about 36 hours now and never get hungry.
  • pyro13g
    Options
    What Grok said.
  • AshCarlson
    Options
    May I ask how long it took you guys to really get in the "Grok" groove of eating and etc.? I am just having such a tough time sticking to it!
  • pyro13g
    Options
    6 weeks for me to get to 85% or more Paleo. I've always had those natural fast periods. Those are easy for me.