Starting c25k again tomorrow!!!!

Options

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Denise -- thanks for the tip. I think I'll see how I feel at the end of the 20 minutes and how far I've gone and I may push it to the 2 miles. Maybe :) You've totally got this! I have a feeling you'll finish it by the end of April. You're so motivated and committed. You have it under control!

no way will i be done before the end of april lol...i'm in week 6 right now and i only get to run 3 times a week for the c25k so i'm thinking if i dont repeat anything i'll probably be done by the 2nd week of may not the end like i think i just said....i'm trying to run mon and wed during my lunch and then saturdays when the kids are at gymnastics.....i just dont know if i'll have to repeat any of 6 or 7 or 8 ......i only got to 6 before and chickened out on moving ahead....i wont chicken out this time cause i'll want to keep up with you guys :) thanks for the encouragement...
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Holy crap. W7D1 in the books. In 83 degree weather. It was rough, but I finished it with only one "stop" when a guy wasn't controlling his standard poodle that seemed to want to attack me. The beauty of running outside, right? I felt a little drained after the run, but I was proud of myself for how far I got and how fast I went even with the heat. Didn't do the 30 day shred like I wanted to, but I cleaned, moved stuff to the attic, and got furniture ready for pick-up (free on craigslist. just want it out of my house!) which included dusting and moving a very heavy headboard down the stairs.

bluiz13: You're doing great! You can so finish this by mid-May. Do you have a 5K set up so that you'll keep motivated?
  • bluiz13
    Options
    i didnt pick a 5k race yet but i will....i am motivated to finish this time even without the race scheduled....
  • Kwilliams75
    Kwilliams75 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Completed W7D1 still at a slow steady pace. I agreed to do a 5k with my friend in the beginning of June. I really have to work on my speed!!
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    I just finished week 5 day 3 -- the dreaded 20 minute run. I finished it!! And I'm at a state park in TN for a convention, so my run included hills and everything! I'm so happy I could die! I feel like I can do anything right now.
  • Kwilliams75
    Options
    Finished W7D2 last night! I was so excited and tires all at the same time!! I ran a little over 2 miles in my 25 minutes! Thats the best I have done so far!!
  • bluiz13
    Options
    silly me...i did w6d1 again by mistake...forgot to change my runkeeper program...no worries...i'll do day 2 tomorrow and then i think i'm gonna do day 3 either sunday or monday...
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    Week 6 day 1done! 2.2 miles on a new path through the neighborhood. Number 1 reason why I love running outside versus running on a treadmill? I can pick a new path every day!! (among a million other reasons!)
  • irishrose22
    irishrose22 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Starting week 4 tomorrow. Oh my. It is getting harder. I know i sound like a baby, but running for 3 minutes is killer....lol. Not sure if it makes a difference that I am doing it on a treadmill. maybe it would be easier to do outside when we get some nicer weather. Has anyone done both?
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    Irishrose -- I have done it both on a treadmill and outside, and I can't tell you the difference it made for me. When running no a treadmill, I didn't have a way to pace myself. I felt bad slowing down, I didn't know how fast to go, etc. And I wound up with really bad shin splints after a few days. So I switched to running outside and dear lord the difference it made. I can pace myself (rather than having the treadmill pace me), I have much much better form, my shins haven't hurt at ALL since I started running outside... and c'mon! You're outside! The sun is shining and the breeze is great, there are lots of things to look at, and every day it is different. I pick a different path every day to keep things interesting. Plus, if you enter a 5K race, you need to be able to do hills and handle running outside and finding your own pace. I don't know if that's your plan, but if it is, you should probably get used to running outside. I won't say it's easier, but it's certainly better for you and will prepare you better if a 5K race is your end goal. So my vote goes for outside all the way!
  • Ravergirl717
    Ravergirl717 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add that I'm doing the C25K as well! Will finish up week 2 tomorrow!!
  • Nuts4play
    Nuts4play Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    So far, I'm only on the treadmill. Just finished w4d1 yesterday... but had to cheat a bit for the last jog, by power walking. Did great the first run, but I may have been going too fast with my walks/jogs and wore myself out too soon. I think I'll do a do-over tomorrow or monday. No problem with shin-splints so far, but I have to wait a day or two between sessions. Last week my back and knee were bothering me so I did my workouts on the recumbent bike while watching tv.
    After doing the treadmill, I stretch afterwards, do crunches and leg-lifts. I think the treadmill keeps me going more than I would out in public. I turn so red and sweaty that I'd be embarrassed to be seen! In time, though... in time ;)
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    W7D3 in the books! I had to walk for about a minute, but not because I felt like I was going to die, it was because I felt like I had to go to the bathroom. Not a comfortable feeling when you're running...

BUT- I conquered the hill that kicked my @ss on W5D3. Wahoo! Its too big of a grade to conquer every day, but I would have amazing calves if I did. :)

Week 8 starts tomorrow. I can't believe that I'm running 25 minutes without stopping and without feeling like I'm going to die. I already feel like I can keep going. I even feel comfortable enough with my pace and form that I'm going to try and run with others this week. There's a meetup.com group near me that's called 5k begin agains, that I'm going to run with on Thursday after work. We'll see how that goes, but if its good, I think I found my Thursday night exercise. :)

Keep up the good work everyone! And good luck to the lower week runners! You can totally do it. A month ago, I was dying during the 1.5 minute and 3 minute runs and now I don't have to walk any more, well, usually! :)
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Started c25k yesterday and loved it, cant wait to do d2w1 on Tuesday.... Feel a bit ache today but its a good feeling, I feel very proud that I did not give up at all on the jog even tough I felt like it half way though :happy:
  • irishrose22
    irishrose22 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    thanks for the advice......i will definitly try to do it outside once the weather gets nicer. We are still rainy and in the 40's most of the time here in NY. I just finished W4D1!!!! Can't believe I ran for 5 minutes! OH MY. lol. it's awesome. :)
  • bluiz13
    Options
    i got w6d2 done saturday after repeating d1 on friday...wooopsie....anyway it felt great...i warmed up the 5 and then ran 10 walked 3 ran 10 walked 5 ran 8 walked 5 for a total of 46 mins and 3.3 miles...my kids were at gymnastics and i had 45ish minutes so i just went out 23 mins and turned back around....since i had run the other 2 10 min intervals i had to run a 3rd in order to get back to their gymnastics location on time LOL....it felt great....think i'm gonna do day 3 tomorrow on my lunch break...i'll be a hot sweaty mess when i get back from running 25 mins LOL...but it will be worth it to conquer wk 6 and get ready to move onto wk 7 later this week....keep up the great work folks...
  • karen1612
    karen1612 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I started w1d1 yesterday and I've done the same thing as you and set up Runkeeper to tell me when to walk and run. Will keep you posted how I go tomorrow.
  • Kwilliams75
    Options
    W7D3 completed! I would have never in a million years seen myself running for 25 minutes straight! Starting week 8 on Tuesday here to 28 minutes!! Can't wait!!
  • bluiz13
    Options
    w6d3 DONE...i got confused again and started to do day 2 but quickly remembered i did that saturday cause i did an extra 10 mins on the end...anyway, i fixed my brain and readjusted the math turnaround point and was on my way....did 2.6 miles including 5 mins warm up and 5 mins cool down....wed will be wk 7...
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    Week 6 day 2 complete! The first 10 minutes were easy peasy. I pushed myself really hard, picked up the pace, etc. Then I lost my momentum during the 3-minute walk... the second 10-minute run was not as good. I think now that I'm able to run 20+ minutes without stopping, the walking portions actually hinder my progress. Meaning, I lose momentum, distort my mental plan, etc, during the 3-minute run. BUT I dont have to worry about that anymore, because from here on out it's all running! Happy/scared/anxious all at the same time. To think that in just 3 weeks -- 10 more runs -- I'll have conquered this beast! AND I'll be running for 30 minutes!!