Starting c25k again tomorrow!!!!

Options

Replies

• ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    W8D1 done! 28 minutes straight. Well, kind of. Another dog off-leash. Why do people do that? At least this dog didn't try to come at me, just wanted to run with me.... Pressed pause and started up again after a minute of trying to get the dog to go home. (it did)
    Really pushed myself today including NOT slowing down during the long hilly parts! I actually sped up! Go me! 3.1 miles down. 5 more runs and I'm officially done with C25K. Holy crap!
  • Kwilliams75
    Kwilliams75 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    W8D1 complete! I swear my Tuesday runs are the hardest for me! I think it is that my body has not gotten used to Monday night core class and usually my thighs are killing me on Tuesday!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i'm doing w7d1 today at lunch...
  • bluiz13
    Options
    w7d1 DONE....it was friggin hotttttttttttttttttttttttttt but i did it...
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    Week 6 Day 3 complete! I ran for 25 minutes without stopping! Unbelievable. And I exceeded my goal of 2.25 miles... I went 2.33 miles (including wu/cd). Way awesome.
  • ejb245
    Options
    W8D2 done! I didn't go as far today, but it was really hot and humid and I ran into a neighbor right before my cool down and we walked *slowly* back to the house. But I didn't run the hills like I did yesterday. Too warm for that. Still, pretty excited with myself!

Good job Shannon!!! Every personal best distance is such a thrill! :)
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Week one done and looking forward to week 2 on Sunday, starting to feel that I can do the 1 1/2 min jog :)
  • ejb245
    Options
    I went running again today, but for the first time, I ran with people. And I'm excited to say that I'm much faster than I thought I was. I'm not sure if I should count this as my W8D3, so I probably won't. I'm planning on doing another run on Saturday, so that will likely be my W8D3. Still excited that I don't need to walk any more. :)
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    ejb245 -- isn't that a great feeling, not having to walk anymore? Great job!! I haven't run with anyone else yet. I'm thinking about joining a women's runners group this summer... it's a 9-week training group that meets once a week. But I'm petrified I won't run fast enough.
  • EvanR
    EvanR Posts: 17
    Options
    Just finished week 9 on Tuesday and started the Bridge to 10k program! I honestly can't believe I can run for as long as I can... I couldn't run for a minute straight when I started without being winded!
  • karen1612
    karen1612 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just finished w1d3 this morning. It was actually quite hard but I'll push up to week 2 on Sunday and see how I go. It certainly gets my heart pumping and I'm enjoying the fact that it's only 30 minutes so I can easily slip it into the day when the kids are still asleep.
  • ejb245
    Options
    ejb245 -- isn't that a great feeling, not having to walk anymore? Great job!! I haven't run with anyone else yet. I'm thinking about joining a women's runners group this summer... it's a 9-week training group that meets once a week. But I'm petrified I won't run fast enough.

Shannon, don't worry about that! I thought the same thing. I joined a run with a running group in my area and I was petrified that I wouldn't be fast enough, but you know what? Even though I've only been running for 2 months, I was faster than the two women that I ran with. And even if I wasn't, it would've still been ok. They let me go on ahead and caught up to me later. Plus, the running is easier/faster with someone next to you. Keeps you honest with your pace, you know? And it was easier to lose track of time with the conversations (stilted as they were at times). I know I'll be back to run with these women. It was great.
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    W7D1 done. I only have 8 more runs until I am a graduate!! I think I've decided to do Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred after I finish C25K... I hope to start one hour runner when I finish C25K, too. We'll see! But for now -- another 25 minute run, AND I met my distance goal!
  • LarryPGH
    LarryPGH Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 9 on Tuesday and started the Bridge to 10k program! I honestly can't believe I can run for as long as I can... I couldn't run for a minute straight when I started without being winded!

Evan,

Please let us know how the B210K works for you, coming right off the C25K program, OK? I'm going to be in the same situation in another couple of weeks, and am curious!

Thanks!
  • bluiz13
    Options
    i "skipped" c25k saturday but then ended up running anyway lol...i walked out 26 minutes and ran back 18+....today i did 30+ minutes running on the treadmill between 4.5-5.5mph so i'm gonna count that as w7d2....not sure if i'll do day 3 tomorrow or tuesday during my lunch workout....
  • freedomplease
    Options
    Good luck! I love that plan.
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    LarryPGH -- another option after C25K is OHR (one hour runner). It keeps you running, instead of doing run/walk intervals like bridge to 10k. I really don't think I want to go back to walking. Once I'm able to run 30 minutes without stopping, I don't really want to go back to walking. It's a mental thing for me, for sure. So I think I'll do One Hour Runner instead of B210K. You can find the program here:

http://mindplunge.com/c25k/one-hour-runner.html
  • Kwilliams75
    Kwilliams75 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 8! But instead of my 28 minutes straight I decided I could finish 3 miles and did so in 35 minutes! Not the fastest time but still feels great since running one lap 8 weeks ago killed me!!
  • bluiz13
    Options
    did day 3 of wk 7 today plus a little extra walking at the end.....i can't believe i'm able to run 25-30 mins straight....wk 8 and 9 are going to be about picking up the pace and getting more distance for my time - bang for my buck :)
  • bluiz13
    Options
    Are you doing distance or time in the last few weeks of the plan???
    I'm starting wk 8 tomorrow and it's 28 mins or 2.75 miles running. Which is everyone doing??
    Not sure what I will do. I'm thinking minutes to finish the program and then work a few weeks in getting my 5k time better.
    Thought???