Walk Away the Pounds ---- Who's in????

Options
Anyone want to join in Walk Away the Pounds? This is simply for anyone who would like to have a walking buddy for the famous Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds. You can use any DVD you'd like. Newcomers are welcomed. You can start anytime.

I guess all you have to do is post how many miles you have done during the day. And we can have a weekly weigh in, would Friday work for you? If you'd like you can also post your starting weight and waist inches.

I'll start first...

Starting weight: 177.4 lbs
Waist: 38"

Did 30 min of Walk Away The Pounds express - 2 miles. Feeling great!!!!!

Replies

• callmefor911
    callmefor911 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    i love her videos... they really make u sweat....
  • arw3b3
    arw3b3 Posts: 52
    Options
    I would love to join in if I can find a copy of one of the DVD's. I will look for one and check back in at a later date:)
  • aprildauer
    aprildauer Posts: 168
    Options
    I'm in. I started her 5 day slim down this week. Tonight is 1 mile slim your legs.

Starting weight: 194.9 lbs
    Waist: 35"
  • Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in if I can find a copy of one of the DVD's. I will look for one and check back in at a later date:)

Check your local Library... that is where I get mine :smile:
  • showers1989
    showers1989 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    how much does the dvd cost and is it indoor walking or is she showing you how to do it outside? And if in doors how much room do you need? I think on my on demand channel they have her walking dvd on there. If this is it and someone can give me a little info count me in.
    Starting weight:196
    Starting waist: not sure will buy a tape measurer tomorrow and post it
  • aprildauer
    Options
    how much does the dvd cost and is it indoor walking or is she showing you how to do it outside? And if in doors how much room do you need? I think on my on demand channel they have her walking dvd on there. If this is it and someone can give me a little info count me in.

Its walking inside. You don't need a lot of room, I have a small living room and toys from kids everywhere and I'm ok.
    I found mine on ebay for like $4.
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone's DVDs. I started with the 3 mile, but I did the 2 mile with weights one tonight.

Does anyone know if she has a 5 mile one? I'd love to get it if she does. She's awesome.

(I'll follow this thread, but I don't plan on doing this more than twice or three times a week since I've started to mix up my workouts in the past three weeks and it's helped me get over a plateau)

But I'm a huge Sansone advocate. I totally underestimated how great of a workout she has.
  • aprildauer
    Options
    Her 5 day Slim Down you can do all 5 miles in one day. It has the warm up, classic walk, scuplt your arms, slim your legs, trim your tummy, speed walk, and cool down. I love it.
  • anna_b1
    Options
    Her 5 day Slim Down you can do all 5 miles in one day. It has the warm up, classic walk, scuplt your arms, slim your legs, trim your tummy, speed walk, and cool down. I love it.

That's awesome! Thanks! I think I have that particular video (I may have even done the 2 mile walk on it tonight).
  • sheddingthelbs
    Options
    I'm in! I started her workout on 3/10.

My starting weight (from 3/10) was 191. I weigh in every Friday so I'll post my weight tomorrow. :) I'm not due for a measurment for a couple of weeks, but if there is a change I'll post it.

I did her 4 mile super challenge today! That makes a total of 17 miles in the past week. (I stick either to her 3 mile ab video or the 4 mile super challenge.)
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • missie21
    missie21 Posts: 103 Member
    Options

They are at Walmart for under $12.00, and you are correct she is on demand.... good luck
  • Zita_Jenn
    Options
    Did 2 miles - woo hooo. :smile:

Does anyone know which one of her videos would be the best one to buy? I don't want to buy them all if they are pretty much the same. I was hoping to get her Walk Away the Pounds -Walk Strong Deluxe Kit but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
  • anna_b1
    Options
    Her 3 Mile Walk is good. 45 Minutes and pretty intense. Then again, her DVD with 5 different workouts for a total of 5 miles is great too. (Can't remember the name of that one, but I used it last night for ultimate burn and it was awesome)
  • barefootbeautiful
    Options
    LOVE Leslie Sansone. I'll have to see if I can fit the miles in with my bootcamp - gotta let the muscles rest at SOME point.
  • christya65
    Options
    I'm in, and will begin today! Starting weight is 158.5. As soon as I finish the dishes, I'm going to "Walk Away Some Pounds"....or hopefully a few ounces anyway. :happy:
    I'll report back later this evening. Looking forward to walking with all of you!
  • Lori07
    Lori07 Posts: 136
    Options
    What is your favorite Leslie Sansone DVD? I would like to get one too and am wondering what one to get.
  • christya65
    Options
    All of the "Walking Away the Pounds" Dvds that I have tried have been good. The one that I started with and that I always seem to go back to is just called "Walk Away the Pounds" with Leslie Sansone. It has one, two, and three mile walks on it. She and her walking buddies do this workout together.
    The one that I did tonight is called Leslie Sansone Walk at Home "Walk Away Your Hips & Thighs". On this one, she is doing the workout on her own. It provides a two mile walk and then a lower body toning workout...which I did not do this time. I like this one as well.
    I've heard really good things about one of her Dvds called "Four Really Big Miles",but I have not found it yet. I usually look at Target and Wal-Mart. Best Buy and places like that also carry her Dvds, but Target and Wal-Mart are usually cheaper.
    If you are not sure which Dvd to get, I'd suggest looking at the titles on her website, and then googling a couple of them. Most of them will have reviews from customers online. You will always have to read through the grumpy people who don't like Leslie, but you can also get good information about the Dvds from many of the reviews.

By the way, I just finished two miles!!!! I am so excited, because I think that this message board will keep me much more accountable. Thanks, Accountability Buddies!!!!
    Hope you've had a great day today!
  • Zita_Jenn
    Options
    Thanks Nowornever3 and Christya65 :smile:
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone's DVDs. I started with the 3 mile, but I did the 2 mile with weights one tonight.

Does anyone know if she has a 5 mile one? I'd love to get it if she does. She's awesome.

(I'll follow this thread, but I don't plan on doing this more than twice or three times a week since I've started to mix up my workouts in the past three weeks and it's helped me get over a plateau)

But I'm a huge Sansone advocate. I totally underestimated how great of a workout she has.

She has the five mile fat burning walk. You can do all five miles , mix them up, or do 1, 2, 3, your choice... Great DVD !!!