Walk Away the Pounds ---- Who's in????

Options

Replies

• addlice36
    addlice36 Posts: 32
    Options
    did my 3mile fast walk this morning.!!!!
  • Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    i will try and do it!! i love to walk and try to walk when the weather is nice but thus far weve (my girls and I) have only been able to walk a few days.. I cant wait for the weather to finally get to like 45+ so we can go.. u hate taking them out when its colder...
    Ive tried doing the 30 day shred but its killing my knees.. ugg i desperately need to do something.. i have no motivation anymore.. ive been doing good for the most part with eating.. using this site for a little more than a month now.. i really want to lose weight. i have about 150 that i would like to lose.. i just lose my motivation and lose focus. I wish i had someone closer to me that we could do it together. :(
    I will start tomorrow

I had a hard time sticking with the 30 day shred. We are using Leslie's Walk Away the Pounds DVD as well as walking outside. It is too cold here for me to walk outside so I use the DVD instead. I recommand you to go to the Library and get the Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds - Walk Strong DVD. It is sooo easy to follow. She uses a Resistance band but I replaced it with a 5 lb or less hand weights. This will help you lose the weight. We may not live close together but we can still help you keep motivated. So don't wait another second, go get that DVD. :smile:
  • Zita_Jenn
    Options
    Didn't walk today and my body is sad.
    :brokenheart:

There is Always TODAY!!!! Hope today is a better day for you. It's ok if you don't walk everyday. Hugs
  • Zita_Jenn
    Options
    Well didnt get to do my walk with Leslie. My son has been using the dvd player the last few days beings it is spring break and I dont know what he did with my dvd. I will make him find it in the morning though.

Don't you just love when the little ones take over the tv. I work out in my bedroom. :smile: Hopefully he is able to find your dvd and let you have the tv for 30 min.
  • Zita_Jenn
    Options
    3/19 - 3 miles
    3/20 - Probably none... moved around in the water for 2 hrs and tonight going to my ballroom dance lessons for 1 1/2 hrs.
    3/21 - 2 Miles
    3/22 - 1 mile jogging
    3/23 - 3 miles
    3/24 -
    3/25 -

Goal for this week 15 miles
    Total Miles - 9
    Miles Left - 6
  • addlice36
    addlice36 Posts: 32
    Options
    Just did 2 miles on my lunch break with LS 2 mile boosted walk so that's 5 miles for me today.
  • MammaCase
    Options
    i will try and do it!! i love to walk and try to walk when the weather is nice but thus far weve (my girls and I) have only been able to walk a few days.. I cant wait for the weather to finally get to like 45+ so we can go.. u hate taking them out when its colder...
    Ive tried doing the 30 day shred but its killing my knees.. ugg i desperately need to do something.. i have no motivation anymore.. ive been doing good for the most part with eating.. using this site for a little more than a month now.. i really want to lose weight. i have about 150 that i would like to lose.. i just lose my motivation and lose focus. I wish i had someone closer to me that we could do it together. :(
    I will start tomorrow

I had a hard time sticking with the 30 day shred. We are using Leslie's Walk Away the Pounds DVD as well as walking outside. It is too cold here for me to walk outside so I use the DVD instead. I recommand you to go to the Library and get the Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds - Walk Strong DVD. It is sooo easy to follow. She uses a Resistance band but I replaced it with a 5 lb or less hand weights. This will help you lose the weight. We may not live close together but we can still help you keep motivated. So don't wait another second, go get that DVD. :smile:

I did the 3 mile walk :) its on demand so i did that one! YaY ME !! got all the way thru it.. and had fun :) just one question how are you guys putting this in as excersize??
  • Zita_Jenn
    Options
    I did the 3 mile walk :) its on demand so i did that one! YaY ME !! got all the way thru it.. and had fun :) just one question how are you guys putting this in as excersize??

Some put it in 3.5 mph brisk walk (something like that)
  • jazgal
    jazgal Posts: 122
    Options
    I like to be in .. but I plan to do my miles on a treadmill at a gym I just joined .... if that is acceptable ... also will make me go ..
  • sheddingthelbs
    Options
    I always log mine as Walking- 4 mph. I do 1 mile every 15 mins so I just assume it's roughly there. Plus I sometimes run a bit during the videos or add weights, so I'm probably burning more calories than MFP says. (Won't know for sure though, can't afford a HRM)
  • Zita_Jenn
    Options
    I like to be in .. but I plan to do my miles on a treadmill at a gym I just joined .... if that is acceptable ... also will make me go ..

That is Very Acceptable... welcome :smile:
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    3/21 - 6.5 miles outside, 2 miles inside
    3/22 - 5.8 outside, 2 inside
    3/23 - 6.1 outside, 0 inside
    3/24 -
    3/25 -
    3/26 -
    3/27 -

Goal for the week is 35 - 40 miles out of doors (18.4 done), 8 miles in my den with Leslie (4 done)

I've just joined a gym too, which is why I didn't make it to Leslie today. I'm tuckered.
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Quick 2 miles with Leslie this morning, just to wake up my body!!!

LouiseXXX
  • partcho
    partcho Posts: 225
    Options
    3/19 - 1 mile
    3/20 - 5 miles
    3/21 - 3 miles
    3/22 - 0 miles
    3/23 - 1 mile
    3/24 - 6 miles
    3/25 -

Goal for the week is 20 miles
    16/20 done

Glad to see more people joining us on our walks! I really feel this is something I can commit to in the long run to lose and maintain weight and then add more intensive workouts as I need it for toning, etc. I'm seeing and feeling some results just after a week of walking, and am going to try to up my miles to at least 3 a day with one day of just one or even none. Hope everyone is doing great!
  • partcho
    Options
    Quick 2 miles with Leslie this morning, just to wake up my body!!!

LouiseXXX

Nice! Great way to wake up!
  • partcho
    Options
    Just did 2 miles on my lunch break with LS 2 mile boosted walk so that's 5 miles for me today.

Excellent!
  • Zita_Jenn
    Options
    Glad to see more people joining us on our walks! I really feel this is something I can commit to in the long run to lose and maintain weight and then add more intensive workouts as I need it for toning, etc. I'm seeing and feeling some results just after a week of walking, and am going to try to up my miles to at least 3 a day with one day of just one or even none. Hope everyone is doing great!

Doing awesome here. I had a very rough night, kept waking up lots... was debating to go back to bed or not. But I am going to get my butt off here and go do a 2 mile workout. :smile: Have a Great Day Everyone!!!!!
  • Zita_Jenn
    Options
    3/19 - 3 miles
    3/20 - Probably none... moved around in the water for 2 hrs and tonight going to my ballroom dance lessons for 1 1/2 hrs.
    3/21 - 2 Miles
    3/22 - 1 mile jogging
    3/23 - 3 miles
    3/24 - 2 miles
    3/25 -

Goal for this week 15 miles
    Total Miles - 9
    Miles Left - 6
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I actually started walking Monday. (3/21/11) I hv done 6.75 miles so far. My weight Monday was 199.8, my thigh measurements were 47inches.
  • hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the Leslie Sansone DVD's!

I am new to this challenge but a Leslie Sansone vet :)

I did 2 miles this morning on the "Fat Burning 5 Mile" It is a 12 minute mile and I get the most steps every morning on this one :)

I weigh 147 but I don't have any measurements sorry. I measured when I started the journey at 249 lbs and have not kept that up.