Walk Away the Pounds ---- Who's in????

Options

Replies

• WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    3/29 2 miles of Walk club April 2 mile vid. Yeah, the one where grandma pats her butt 4 times during the workout. Creepy lol!!! All for grandma working out, but patting your butt while taping a workout video????

Start weight - 225
    Beginning Waist size - 41"
  • sherrismith82
    sherrismith82 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Monday: 3 miles
    Tuesday: 1 Mile (I dislocated my knee that day)
    Wednesday: No miles (gotta get caught up on homework:smile: )
    Thursday: 2 Miles (goal)
    Friday: 2 Miles (goal)
    Saturday: 2 Miles (goal)

GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE!!!
  • Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I don't have money for a DVD..and I've just started walking for about 30-40 minutes at night now, and it makes me feel good. I hope that this'll work to slim down my legs, I really want to have fantastic ones! So if walking outside counts, I'll join!!

Starting Weight: 128lbs (I haven't measured my waist yet.)

Walking about 45 minutes tonight, and with my dog. :D

Yes!!! Definately walking outside counts. You can actually get the DVD at your local library. Call and ask them, that way if the weather isn't nice, you can still workout at home. :smile:
  • Zita_Jenn
    Options
    03/28 - 3 miles
    03/29 - Donated blood today, I was told to relax. So I guess it is just resting for me.
    03/30 - 3 miles
    04/01 -
    04/02 -
    04/03 -

Goal 15 miles
    Total miles - 6
    Total miles less - 9
  • partcho
    partcho Posts: 225
    Options
    03/28 - 1 mile (outside)
    03/29 - 4 miles (w/ leslie, from the 5 mile walk program)
    03/30 - 5 miles (2 mi walk off the pounds for abs, 3 mi from the 5 mile walk program) FEELS AWESOME!
    03/31 -
    04/01 -
    04/02 -

Goal 20 miles
    Total miles - 10/20

Have a great hump day, everyone! :tongue:
  • Zita_Jenn
    Options
    Any thoughts, someone: Walking with Leslie, if you keep up the pace, is around 12 minutes a mile. When I walk on my own, outside, it takes me much longer, like 20 minutes a mile. I live in a hilly area, so that's one reason I suppose... Maybe it's also because it's just easier to march in place? Or because I have someone in front of my I can just kinda follow and push myself more? Or is it not totally accurate how fast Leslie considers a mile?

Honestly, I'm not busting my head over this too much because for me at this point it's more important that I'm doing some form of walking, and I am enjoying walking with Leslie a lot. Just curious if anyone has any thoughts, and how long it takes you to walk a mile outside on your own (walking, not jogging)?

I went on Walk at home website and the Walk Leader sent me an e-mail back.

She wrote: In answer to your question-- our walks, as you know are based on a mile system. The beats per minute of the music (BPM) = the miles per hour (MPH) walked. An average of 170 BPM means you are walking approximately 5 MPH which would = a 12 minute mile. Probably because you are walking hills you are not able to keep the same pace. Instead of 170 steps per minute you are averaging 120 steps per minute outdoors, which means you are walking at 3 miles per hour - which would take 20 minutes.

Hope that helps.
  • carmelasergi
    carmelasergi Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Any thoughts, someone: Walking with Leslie, if you keep up the pace, is around 12 minutes a mile. When I walk on my own, outside, it takes me much longer, like 20 minutes a mile. I live in a hilly area, so that's one reason I suppose... Maybe it's also because it's just easier to march in place? Or because I have someone in front of my I can just kinda follow and push myself more? Or is it not totally accurate how fast Leslie considers a mile?

Honestly, I'm not busting my head over this too much because for me at this point it's more important that I'm doing some form of walking, and I am enjoying walking with Leslie a lot. Just curious if anyone has any thoughts, and how long it takes you to walk a mile outside on your own (walking, not jogging)?

She wrote: In answer to your question-- our walks, as you know are based on a mile system. The beats per minute of the music (BPM) = the miles per hour (MPH) walked. An average of 170 BPM means you are walking approximately 5 MPH which would = a 12 minute mile. Probably because you are walking hills you are not able to keep the same pace. Instead of 170 steps per minute you are averaging 120 steps per minute outdoors, which means you are walking at 3 miles per hour - which would take 20 minutes.

Hope that helps.

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for looking into getting the answer. I agree that LS walks are more up beat than I would walk outside and she uses more muscles that I normally wouldn't use. I love her walks!
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    If it's ok, I'd like to join this group of 'walkers'! I had rotator cuff surgery (5 wks ago tomorrow) and am eager to walk again...will get the ok first. I have WATP 1-2-3 mile. I use 3 lb wts and have even done 5 lbs when I felt strong. I might start with outdoor walking since I cannot use wts with my surgery arm yet. It's been chilly here, but I love a brisk walk in the fresh air...clears my mind and I get a few challenging hills along the way. I also have a treadmill, but staying off that til my shoulder is 100%. I normally weigh in on Friday's, so will post then along with waist measurement, and goals. So glad I found this...you all sound very supportive and I think it will be great to be with others doing the same thing. :flowerforyou:

Walk it away folks!
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Just completed 'fat burning miles - walk strong'. I did the entire workout, bar the warm up and cool down, with my 2lb weights. Boy, was I sweaty!!!

LouiseXXX
  • partcho
    Options

Hope that helps.

Thanks for looking into this, Zita_Jenn! I didn't even think about dropping them an e-mail, that's awesome. It totally makes sense to me, the BPM. In any case, I'm going to continue walking with leslie mainly and will also integrate walking outside because I am using different muscles doing both.
  • Zita_Jenn
    Options
    If it's ok, I'd like to join this group of 'walkers'! I had rotator cuff surgery (5 wks ago tomorrow) and am eager to walk again...will get the ok first. I have WATP 1-2-3 mile. I use 3 lb wts and have even done 5 lbs when I felt strong. I might start with outdoor walking since I cannot use wts with my surgery arm yet. It's been chilly here, but I love a brisk walk in the fresh air...clears my mind and I get a few challenging hills along the way. I also have a treadmill, but staying off that til my shoulder is 100%. I normally weigh in on Friday's, so will post then along with waist measurement, and goals. So glad I found this...you all sound very supportive and I think it will be great to be with others doing the same thing. :flowerforyou:

Walk it away folks!

Definately!!!!! Welcome aboard!!! Glad to have you with us. :smile:
  • Zita_Jenn
    Options
    Thanks for looking into this, Zita_Jenn! I didn't even think about dropping them an e-mail, that's awesome. It totally makes sense to me, the BPM. In any case, I'm going to continue walking with leslie mainly and will also integrate walking outside because I am using different muscles doing both.

It was my pleasure. :smile:
  • Zita_Jenn
    Options
    03/28 - 3 miles
    03/29 - Donated blood today, I was told to relax. So I guess it is just resting for me.
    03/30 - 3 miles
    03/31- 3 miles
    04/01-
    04/02 -

Goal 15 miles
    Total miles - 9
    Total miles less - 6
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    yay friday! get to start walking again. will begin slowly, and for a while i will try 1 mile, twice a day. today is my normal weigh day and so i start challenges on this day as well. my waist was 37.75" this am. happy day everyone! enjoy your walking!:flowerforyou:
  • aprildauer
    aprildauer Posts: 168
    Options
    Goal 15 miles(10outside and 5inside)
    03/28 -0 outside, 0 inside-ended up taking hubby to an emergency dentist appointment, then he was a baby all day and had to take care of him lol.
    03/29 -0 outside, 3 inside-dang weather needs to warm back up.
    03/30 -1.16 outside, 0 inside
    03/31 -0 outside, 0 inside-Took hubby to oral surgeon for consultation, worked on race car to get it ready for the weekend.
    04/01 -
    04/02 -
    04/03 -
    Miles done=1.16outside, 3 inside
    Miles to go= 8.84 outside, 2 inside
  • Zita_Jenn
    Options
    03/28 - 3 miles
    03/30 - 3 miles
    03/31- 3 miles
    04/01- No workout for me... first of the month (have to collect rent)
    04/02 -
    04/03 -

Goal 15 miles
    Total miles - 9
    Total miles less - 6

SW - 177.4
    Friday, March 28 Weight - 176
    Friday, March 25 Weight - 174
    Total Loss - 3.4 lbs
    Friday, April 1 - 175.4
    Gained 1 lb and 4 oz. Boooo :sad:

But my waist is now at 37.5 " I lost 1/2 an inch. Not too bad.
  • partcho
    Options
    03/28 - 1 mile (outside)
    03/29 - 4 miles (w/ leslie, from the 5 mile walk program)
    03/30 - 5 miles (2 mi walk off the pounds for abs, 3 mi from the 5 mile walk program) FEELS AWESOME!
    03/31 - NO MILES!
    04/01 - 2 miles (outside), 3 miles (with leslie)!
    04/02 -
    04/03 -

Goal 20 miles
    Total miles - 15/20

Gained 2 pounds since last Friday. To be honest though, I wasn't logging or counting calories. But I'm making it a promise to myself to keep up with it better in April. This is my month. I know next Friday will be better because I'm taking things a lot more seriously. Today was great!

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Zita_Jenn
    Options
    But I'm making it a promise to myself to keep up with it better in April. This is my month. I know next Friday will be better because I'm taking things a lot more seriously. Today was great!

Have a great weekend everyone!

*LIKE* This :smile: Have a great weekend as well.
  • heartpdx
    heartpdx Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    03/28 - 3 miles (30DS and 2 miles LS)
    03/29 - 2 miles (Dancing my A off)
    03/30 - 2 miles (30DS + stretching)
    03/31- did mostly strength & stretch
    04/01 2 miles (30DS)
    04/02 -
    04/03 -

Goal 15 miles
    Total miles - 9
    Total miles less - 6

Right on target!
  • Cusegirl1992
    Options
    Are you all continuing in the month of April? I would love to join if you are!

4/01-- 6 miles ( 3 mile in the am and again in the pm )
    4/02--my day off
    4/03--my day off
    4/04
    4/05
    4/06
    4/07
    4/08

I walk mostly indoors right now, but am looking forward to moving outside sometimes.
    Goal--36 miles
    Total -- 6/36 miles
    Starting Weight-- 150lbs.
    Goal Weight for end of April--145lbs.