30 Day Shread Challenge

Options

Replies

• flyingspatulas
    flyingspatulas Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I just started today (L1D1) and I'm already sore! I can tell this is gonna get results... no pain, no gain, right? ;)
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Completed D1, L2 last night. I only had to stop for a break during the pendulum lunges...man, they are knee killers...and the last strength when you are in squat position and holding your weights palm up while you bring arms into a v...yea, I was hurtin!!!
  • Dukesjourney
    Dukesjourney Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Well D5 L2 completed today, man it's killing me. Still can't seem to get through the whole without stopping at least once. I'm going to continue with L2 for another 2 days. Then move onto doing level2 in the morning and level3 in the evening until I go away to Portugal on the 17th... arrgghhh i'm dreading it already as I watched Level 3 yesterday and i'm very scared.
  • elephantmeg
    elephantmeg Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    did level 2 again today. Had to kick the kids out to do it. They take up too much room and I can't do the forward/back lunge things. And I'm cussing Jillian through the squats/v raises. BUT I have exercised every day so far this month! No real change in the scale, am on my period right now so hope to see a change soon!
  • SlimColin
    SlimColin Posts: 89
    Options
    Hi Guys

Very impressed with you all on here especially dukeydukey. Unfortunately my Dad died Monday aged 92 after a short illness, so my Shred activities have gone out the window, but hope to get back on again perhaps next week before I go off caravanning end of next week (my results will probably be late next week) Full of excuses arn't I? Ha-Ha :laugh:

Really pleased despite some comfort eating, like fish & chips last night (sorry were they dirty words? Ha-Ha :laugh: ) managed to loose 1 lb

CW 180.0 a loss of 1.0 lbs at 16/04/11
    Waist 35.8 -0.2
    Stomach
    Hips 39.7 -0.3
    Thigh
    Calf
    Upper Arm
    Kneck 14.8 -0.2

Will try and fill the rest of the measurements in when I get home tonight!

Good Luck everyone for next week! :tongue:
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    My weight for today 4/15/11 169
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in! Wooohooo! Let's do it!

I'm currently on day 7 of LVL 1 ....I skipped this weekend to recover. I think I will continue this as well since I also do my elliptical and Pilates.

waist: 32 inches (Down 3 inches since Feburary 20th)
    hips: 39 inches (down 2 inches since Feburary 20th)
    upper arms: 12.5 inches (down 1.5 inches since Feb 20th)
    chest: 34 (down 2 inches since March 1st. YAY! and 3 inches since Feb 20th)

I wanted to get my measurements in now since the 1st is a really busy day for me and wanted to be sure I got them in. :happy:

Today's measurements:
    waist: 31.5 inches
    hips: 38.5 inches
    upper arms: 12.5 inches
    Chest: 34 inches

weight: 171
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'm on L1D7! My 6 year old joined me to shred today. His favorite exercise is the punching. He adds karate kicks & yell "Hi yah! "
  • tsumpter
    tsumpter Posts: 491
    Options
    weight 186 gained a lb, waist 35 inches & thighs 46 inches
  • flyingspatulas
    Options
    Up to L1D5 and my endurance is way up. I can make it to the last set of crunches before wanting to die...
  • Dukesjourney
    Dukesjourney Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys

Very impressed with you all on here especially dukeydukey. Unfortunately my Dad died Monday aged 92 after a short illness, so my Shred activities have gone out the window, but hope to get back on again perhaps next week before I go off caravanning end of next week (my results will probably be late next week) Full of excuses arn't I? Ha-Ha :laugh:

Really pleased despite some comfort eating, like fish & chips last night (sorry were they dirty words? Ha-Ha :laugh: ) managed to loose 1 lb

CW 180.0 a loss of 1.0 lbs at 16/04/11
    Waist 35.8 -0.2
    Stomach
    Hips 39.7 -0.3
    Thigh
    Calf
    Upper Arm
    Kneck 14.8 -0.2

Will try and fill the rest of the measurements in when I get home tonight!

Good Luck everyone for next week! :tongue:

Awww thanks for the special mention... And I'm very sorry to gear about ur dad! It means a lot that u've still been able to come on here and keep us all motivated! Hope ur ok!

I completed D1 L3 today! Killed me! Had to stop more times than I would have liked, many times to check what I was actually suppose to be doing! Did anitas version on a few of the moves too! The good thing is I got through it and on another plus side it seemed to go soooo much quicker than levels 1 and 2! As of tomoro I'll be doing L2 in the morn and L3 in the eve! 7 days left till portugal so hopefully that will roughly equate to 30 days full shred by the time I leave for portugal!

Wish me lluuuccckkkk!
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    So I've got to admit I've not being doing the shred every day. I'm finding it surprisingly hard to actually find the time every evening after a long day at work.

However, I've probably done L1 about 6 times and L2 twice. I'm fitting it in on nights when I've not done any other major exercise. I'd love to hear from someone who has done it every day - how are you getting on... noticing any changes in your shape yet?
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    Did L2D2 today. I sweat so much more on this level than level 1 and the workout goes by so much faster. I have to follow Anita for most of it because all the different plank exercises kill me.

I don't know that I look any different yet, but I feel different and that has given me quite the confidence boost. My parents are coming into town this weekend for my sister's college graduation...there being here shouldn't interfere with getting my exercise in, but I'll have to make sure and watch my calories as I always go out to eat a lot when they are here.
  • tsumpter
    tsumpter Posts: 491
    Options
    sadly no change still 186, 35 waist & hips the same-poo butter
  • elephantmeg
    Options
    finished level 2 yesterday and plan to start level 3 tonight. So far I've lost 2.5 inches off my waist and hips and almost an inch off my thighs---and gained a lb. lol. We'll see if level 3 shreds me!
  • flyingspatulas
    Options
    Just started Level 2 today, tough stuff! But I've already lost an inch off my gut, so that keeps me motivated. (Don't want to measure anything else so I'll be extra surprised at the end!) I'm really impressed at the results that I can see so far, I've never had a workout program work this fast!
  • elephantmeg
    Options
    I'm 3 days into level 3 and I'm sore! I guess mulching the flowerbeds in between days 1 and 2 didn't help! I carried a lot of mulch (a large trailer full) and dumped and spread it all (DH shoveled it into the buckets for me). My shoulders are killing me!
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't share my info on Friday, I was away.
    My weight is 168 so far, I will share all measurements at the end
    I will start Level 3 tonight
    Keep it up
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Keep up all the good work guys - u r doing awesome!!! :) xxx
  • SlimColin
    SlimColin Posts: 89
    Options
    Not sure will be able to keep up this challenge?

Groan!!! been away all the extended weekend in the caravan.

Thursdays CW was 181 lbs an increase of 1lb too much comfort eating!

Will see if I can get back on track tomorrow?